PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Crest
07-06-05, 16:57
I recon anything for hacknet theme week that take longer than 3 months should, well be move out of theme weeks and into a long term production.

That said, I still not seen anything official about International release

I brong this up cause September is comming and thats the first year aniversary of BDOY.
In the last 6 months, nothing is moved on the theme (1/2 year).

I know Nid is keeping us informed as best he can, but sometimes its good if we see Holgar pop his head in and show us he cares, and mebbe answer sme of those questions that Nid take a while to come back to us on.

Since Nid has become CCO (Chief Communication Officer) I dont see that many other Mods about, I see no comeback from devs or the KK team directly, and Nid does not have all the answers ....

So here are my questions.
What ever happened to the extensive list provided by ASK The Dev's post
Whats happening with INT release, is it offcial or are they still holding back on announce emnts
Why is there no progress on Theme weeks, Drone theme weeks did a lot, and showed the potential Theme weeks could have, but is now a dead topic.
How is the new Dev guy fitting in, remeber a welcome post with comments like 'He will introduce himself when he has settled in)
Update on Item tracking - 8 months since release
Update on player shops - 8 months

Digital-Talios
07-06-05, 17:01
I recon anything for hacknet theme week that take longer than 3 months should, well be move out of theme weeks and into a long term production.

That said, I still not seen anything official about International release

I brong this up cause September is comming and thats the first year aniversary of BDOY.
In the last 6 months, nothing is moved on the theme (1/2 year).

I know Nid is keeping us informed as best he can, but sometimes its good if we see Holgar pop his head in and show us he cares, and mebbe answer sme of those questions that Nid take a while to come back to us on.

Since Nid has become CCO (Chief Communication Officer) I dont see that many other Mods about, I see no comeback from devs or the KK team directly, and Nid does not have all the answers ....

So here are my questions.
What ever happened to the extensive list provided by ASK The Dev's post
Whats happening with INT release, is it offcial or are they still holding back on announce emnts
Why is there no progress on Theme weeks, Drone theme weeks did a lot, and showed the potential Theme weeks could have, but is now a dead topic.
How is the new Dev guy fitting in, remeber a welcome post with comments like 'He will introduce himself when he has settled in)
Update on Item tracking - 8 months since release
Update on player shops - 8 months

It is EXTREMLY frustrating to see all of this. Hardly any posts to update runners, no word on international release, a stagnent storyline, and incredible sloth in general.

Step up the process of information or get out of the way and let us players do it :D

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 17:01
There's a new plan file due in the next week or two that should address many of these topics and I'll do my best to keep you up to date on a day-by-day basis in between plans. The product planning process is underway atm though so I can't give you any specifics until that process is complete.

N

Morganth
07-06-05, 17:02
Would be nice to see this info, loosing faith since coming back to NC last week already :(

EDIT: Nid if you get a chance, remind KK that we are responsible for their wages.

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 17:06
EDIT: Nid if you get a chance, remind KK that we are responsible for their wages.
I'd keep that to yourself if I were you or we'll all be bugging you for pay rises.

N

Mechanicus
07-06-05, 17:11
hahahahahhahahahahhahahttp://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Morganth
07-06-05, 17:17
[ edited - keep it civil ]

Selendor
07-06-05, 17:29
How is the new Dev getting on at KK HQ? Which bit of the recent patches has he been working on?

In fact what is the current headcount of KK coders and devs working on the game? We don't see them much on the board here to know who it is.

Digital-Talios
07-06-05, 19:12
There's a new plan file due in the next week or two that should address many of these topics and I'll do my best to keep you up to date on a day-by-day basis in between plans. The product planning process is underway atm though so I can't give you any specifics until that process is complete.

N

Thank you so much for the info. Doesnt take much to keep us players happy... unfortunalty it takes a whole lot less to make us bitch :rolleyes:

Morganth
07-06-05, 21:06
How is the new Dev getting on at KK HQ? Which bit of the recent patches has he been working on?

In fact what is the current headcount of KK coders and devs working on the game? We don't see them much on the board here to know who it is.

Selensil hits the nail on the head of exactly what I was thinking when I brought a torch to this thread.

Its like me and Selensil think the same things, but he posts the civil version and I post the flame :lol:

Nidhogg
08-06-05, 11:01
In fact what is the current headcount of KK coders and devs working on the game?
As I said earlier, it would be premature of me to say anything about the upcoming planfile, but I think I can share the answer to this question. They have one each. ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist) :p

N

Crest
08-06-05, 13:44
As I said earlier, it would be premature of me to say anything about the upcoming planfile, but I think I can share the answer to this question. They have one each. ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist) :p

N

Does that mean there is an openning for a tester ?

--Could not resist

Jesterthegreat
08-06-05, 13:53
Originally Posted by Nidhogg
Just because the most vocal segment of the community dislikes the freeze effect doesn't make it a done deal that it should be removed - 60 something percent of the vote is not landslide by any stretch of the imagination.

This topic always tends to cause aggravation so I'm asking you all now to calm down and discuss it calmly otherwise this thread will go the same way as many others in the past.

I have noted that this is a concern and it has been added to the agenda for my next meeting so it's getting some attention. That doesn't in any way mean that in a few days time I'll be announcing the end of freezers or even that anything will change at all, it just means that we're to discuss it. I've also taken on board that a compromise (such as not slowing down turn speed) might go some way to addressing the issue.

N

on the topic of "progress" did you have this meeting since january? and was there any kind of result?

Bugs Gunny
08-06-05, 14:00
Funny how we always get regular "planfiles", which in effect mean nothing.

Here's my planfile for this year so you'll all stop whining at me in pm's:

1. I've been working very hard on negotiating a lasting world peace. No further details can be given at this time.

2. A cure for cancer is in the works. And should be made public any day now.

3. IRL gene replication is now a fact, i'm taking it to the patenting offices as we speak.

4. And last but not least, i am seeing professional help for my constant lying to everyone.

Selendor
08-06-05, 14:54
For me the Plan File should read as follows, anything else is not sufficient for the game:

1) We are hiring and deploying 6 additional programmers to maintain, troubleshoot and develop Neocron, as all existing problems inevitably lead back to this glaring hole in our company's resources.

2) We will launch the game in America, along with specific online advertising and promotions.

3) We will not declare a new expansion or 'add-on' until we have fulfilled our promises on the last one, or at least explain why the promised features are not possible or viable.

Easy, there you go I've written it for you.

4) we will remove parashock. :angel:

Morganth
08-06-05, 15:13
For me the Plan File should read as follows, anything else is not sufficient for the game:

1) We are hiring and deploying 6 additional programmers to maintain, troubleshoot and develop Neocron, as all existing problems inevitably lead back to this glaring hole in our company's resources.

2) We will launch the game in America, along with specific online advertising and promotions.

3) We will not declare a new expansion or 'add-on' until we have fulfilled our promises on the last one, or at least explain why the promised features are not possible or viable.

Easy, there you go I've written it for you.

4) we will remove parashock. :angel:

I'm liking this, Nid pass it on to your superiors, they don't need to even attempt a plan file now.

Street
08-06-05, 15:22
AGREED - infact, pay then man, he wrote somethin up that the programmers would have spent a week writting and charged kk a small fortune!

Bugs Gunny
08-06-05, 15:34
Anyone else feel that the longer you play neocron and read all the stuf fthey put out, the more it's starting to look like a parody of itself?

Street
08-06-05, 15:46
"A virtual world created by Reakktor" . . . .hmmm!! sometimes i wonder!

Digital-Talios
08-06-05, 15:46
Anyone else feel that the longer you play neocron and read all the stuf fthey put out, the more it's starting to look like a parody of itself?

:lol: Funny how things tend to die off after thier mentioned.

Morganth
08-06-05, 17:21

I think KK write all their future plans, objectives and code down on post it notes. Then once a month they open a window and they all get blown away. I bet the reason the theme "week" has gone on for so long is because someone hasn't ticked off the boxes on the calendar to keep it up to date :rolleyes:

Crest
08-06-05, 18:34
I used to be an optemist for NC..... I can see how NC1 got 80+ ratings, I think the Mags saw NC1 and was it had a lot of potential. NC2 has the exact same potential , Problem is just that ....

I give the devs a hard time, about lack of content, but a lot has been added. MC5, and MC5 re-work, DOY Tunnels, Juggernaught facility, DOY , Hacknet. So yes these are pretty big enhancements, most of them were packaged as new release and we paid for them.

I do ask 1 thing, had KK left things as they were, NC1, with tweaking and enhncements as they were introducing them. Would we be as negative. We would not have paid for a few extras.... Ahh well I can just wonder....

NC2 has potential, and its sad seeing a game with potential, dying .....

Do I think progress from NC1 to current has been made - Yes, Do I think this progress has benifited the game, some of it has yes.
I dont think that 3 years of playing, and looking at what I have got for it, and the amount of progress around that time is in any way impressive, actually given the 3 years I been making spelling mistake here, I have probably written enough crap on the forums to Have coded and designed something like the hover cab system, or even something al little bigger. Thats not 8 hour job thats just time spent on forums.

I ask is here any direction in the game... or are we just watching the end of what could have been the number 1 MMORPG

Jesterthegreat
08-06-05, 19:31
I ask is here any direction in the game... or are we just watching the end of what could have been the number 1 MMORPG

have a guess.