PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] [Poll] If I Saw an Important NPC ...

BradSTL
06-06-05, 20:42
If you were just passing through an appropriate city sector, or in your apartment, or in your clan HQ, alone or in a small group, and an event game master showed up with the avatar of your faction leader or assistant faction leader, what would you do?

naimex
06-06-05, 21:17
Say Hi, and have a casual conversation if the person wasn´t too busy.

Jesterthegreat
06-06-05, 21:26
if a GM is in char (RPing) i'd have an RP chat til a target ran over, then have aquick fight, then go back to my discussion ;)

E. Cryton
06-06-05, 21:35
i'd ask him if he could change our faction f6.
maybe to ... ab ?

Tratos
06-06-05, 22:05
Options 2,3 and 4.

We could do with more active ingame EGMs just wandering around as Important personel (obviously guarded) either in their home sectors or HQs and possibly (In NC) being found in the ConCentre.

Or is that where this is going to lead? ;)

[TgR]KILLER
06-06-05, 22:10
most of the time when i see the doy allaince leaders or fa leaders run about i'd have a chat with em ;)

Brammers
06-06-05, 23:03
Like the other RP'ers above me. Talk to him in character. :p

The only two, I've seen is Ronald and Collette on the DoY side. I've seen another one, but thats another story. :D

Freaky Fryd
06-06-05, 23:35
Say Hi, and have a casual conversation if the person wasn´t too busy.

Same here. I don't think I would ask for direct orders or a mission or anything...but if mention of it came about, I would play along and go with it.

Dribble Joy
07-06-05, 03:27
i'd ask him if he could change our faction f6.
maybe to ... ab ?
Becuase AB are a mindless gank faction with no standards, codes of contuct, ideals or allies of course :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I'd probably say something, ask if they need anyone shot or anything else they would rather CM do instead. Then probably buggar off back to TH and not get tipped for poking again.

Infinite
07-06-05, 04:25
I don't think theres a chance in hell of a GM appering in my apt.
If one was in an HQ I'd probably not be the first to see them and I guess I'd be nosy or just think they were helping a help ticket.

If in any other sector i dunno. Guess it depends who it is.

BradSTL
07-06-05, 06:27
Keep the votes going. I want this information for a reason, but I want bigger numbers first.

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 08:26
Keep the votes going. I want this information for a reason, but I want bigger numbers first.

i find it extremely amusing that in an RPG you dont put "have a RP discussion" as an option :p

ticked other

Superbron
07-06-05, 08:34
I would ask him/her about events.

numb
07-06-05, 10:49
I would talk to him in character. I think asking a question related to *anything* outside of the game (like patch info etc) is a complete waste of the time you have with this character!

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 10:52
I'd just generally RP chat with them depending on who they were. If I was talking to a reporter, for example, I'd ask if they were currently working on a big "scoop".

Let me ask you a question, BradSTL. Have you recently met one of these characters recently and if so, what did they say to you?

N

Obsidian X
07-06-05, 10:55
I've come accross a few from time to time, and I usually just chat in character to them. Gave my opinion on the Fallen Angels defection to DoY in the Neocronicle right near the beginning of NC2 retail. Myself and a couple of clannies have also had a few dealings with the Neocron Job Dealer.

Tratos
07-06-05, 11:01
I would talk to him in character. I think asking a question related to *anything* outside of the game (like patch info etc) is a complete waste of the time you have with this character! I'd ask them about things outside the game if it were relevant for example when the clubs of Pepper Park re-opened and i was talking to say Ms Veronique of Tsunami herself i'd probably ask what her thoughts were on a Neocron company running her once proud clubs and if she has any info on Red Pepper Entertainment since they seemt o be quite a mysterious company as there advertisements are also seen within the dome...

Keep the votes going. I want this information for a reason, but I want bigger numbers first. Seems i sort of guessed right leading to bigger things, this thread may be, hhmmm....:)

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 13:32
only times i have seen a GM in char has been at events, and i have always acted in char back.

CMaster
07-06-05, 13:38
thing is, they only play subsidary characters, like Herny Dorsett and the the like. Never see Reza coming dwon to walk the streets, do you (surrounded by STORM bots, of course)

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 13:41
why would reeza want to walk the streets...

hell lowly runners bitch about what goes on on the streets... think Reeza is gonna risk it?

CMaster
07-06-05, 13:50
Well. OK. Give a press conference in CA HQ then. But yes, we should probably remember that as runners, we are generally considered the lowest form of life by most inhabitents of Neocron.

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 13:53
Well. OK. Give a press conference in CA HQ then. But yes, we should probably remember that as runners, we are generally considered the lowest form of life by most inhabitents of Neocron.

you are depending on 1 fact here... and it's fairly important.

you actually believe Reeza is still alive.

CMaster
07-06-05, 14:02
Well, this would confirm it. If he doesnt show, rumours of his death would continue... Reeza may well be dead but so far we just don't know...

BradSTL
07-06-05, 18:04
Let me ask you a question, BradSTL. Have you recently met one of these characters recently and if so, what did they say to you?Why, no, I haven't, Nid -- and neither has anybody else. Which is perilously close to half of the point I want to use these numbers to make.

I'll write something to explain my point a little later in the day, after I've woken up more. Maybe we can get it above 50 voters by then, that'd be nice.

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 18:17
Why, no, I haven't, Nid -- and neither has anybody else. Which is perilously close to half of the point I want to use these numbers to make.
I had a suspicion it might be which is why I asked. BTW, "and neither has anybody else" is a gross generalisation which doesn't help your point.

N

[TgR]KILLER
07-06-05, 18:18
Why, no, I haven't, Nid -- and neither has anybody else. Which is perilously close to half of the point I want to use these numbers to make.

neither has anybody else what ? a few weeks ago there were a few events with both colette and ronald there..

and last week me and lisa saw colette strolling by in fa sector so we talked to her for a bit. and reporters are a more common sight. saw them around alot over the last weeks. they are around just the fact people don't scream on alliance or something when they see an char like that doesn't meen they aint around.

Tratos
07-06-05, 18:22
KILLER']neither has anybody else what ? a few weeks ago there were a few events with both colette and ronald there..

and last week me and lisa saw colette strolling by in fa sector so we talked to her for a bit. and reporters are a more common sight. saw them around alot over the last weeks. they are around just the fact people don't scream on alliance or something when they see an char like that doesn't meen they aint around.
Im stupid whos Colette?

Selendor
07-06-05, 18:43
I like it when these characters turn up, would like to see them hanging about in the HQs and TH too, as thats where the most players are and it makes the game seem alive when roleplay chars are there.

That is a wicked image, a load of copbots played by GMs surrounding a VIP as he walks somewhere, would make for a great roleplay event (pro city defends, anti city tries to assasinate) - Imagine the screenies from that, copbots defending him to the death! :cool:

Inchenzo
07-06-05, 18:43
I'd just say "hi there" and move along..

Tratos
07-06-05, 18:49
I had a suspicion it might be which is why I asked. BTW, "and neither has anybody else" is a gross generalisation which doesn't help your point.

N I think theres some confusion or im not following properly, your talking about the current ceres team who are actualy in game and are seen where as i think Brad is refering to personel such as faction CEOs etc who havnt actualy been sighted as GMs such as Reeza, Yager, Veronique, Neopha Kansil, Any of the Jordan family behind the giants Biotech and Tangent, or even Sylvia Bennet who runs TechHaven as the leader of the Science Council after Fallen Angels became rifted into two groups, those who moved to the Dome and the peaceful scientists who remain in Tech Haven today.

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 19:10
I've asked Chenoa to chip in at this point because Tratos is right, I (and others) have missed the detail about "Faction Leader" and "Assistant Faction Leader".

N

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 19:18
the whole war RP thing is good...

but i have never... ever... seen a CM guy, and the only one i know of is the job dealer (Vencent something?)

pro city call themselves shafted item-wise? well think yourselves lucky that you at least get events :p

:edit: the only way a CM finds an event is bumpping into it... then instead of acting in char people start screaming about how we are KOS and various RL insults...

BradSTL
07-06-05, 19:32
Well, for one thing, it's not irrelevant that Killer said, "a few weeks ago." Even the EGM NPCs that do exist haven't been seen in weeks. And I'll go farther than Tratos did in his reply, because I do know who the people in question are, and have even taken jobs from both of them. Even knowing who they are, who in the hell are they? Voice of the Resistance isn't in my chain of command, they're Twilight Guardian. And Senor Rodriguez may or may not be in my chain of command. All I know is that he's current or former TG, and claims to be between me and my CEO, Ms. Duchamps, passing on orders on behalf of a council of the five faction leaders in the ruined Dome. How do I know this? He says so.

But my main point, the one I was collecting the numbers for, I finally made, in this new thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125912). So Nidhogg, if you could direct Chenoa and/or Snowcrash there, that's where the actual meat of my request got made, where I think (based on the numbers above) that about 3/4 of us players would like to hear an answer. Please?

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 20:08
Closed by thread starter. Continued here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125912).

N