PDA

View Full Version : All i wanted to say ...

Dykie
05-06-05, 04:27
... is that this game rocks ! the best pvp i ever seen, best comunity and the best atmosphere ! I doubt that i will ever find game that i will love as much as i love neocron now !

E. Cryton
05-06-05, 04:31
guess u started today, hm ?

Dr Strange
05-06-05, 04:49
[ edited ]

NONpk
05-06-05, 05:20
the only problem is: more and more player leave.

vashtyphoon78
05-06-05, 06:57
what ^ said. more leave and not many come.

hegemonic
05-06-05, 07:29
... is that this game rocks ! the best pvp i ever seen, best comunity and the best atmosphere ! I doubt that i will ever find game that i will love as much as i love neocron now !
I've been hooked for a few years now. Welcome to Neocrack.

Inntal
05-06-05, 12:20
I really like the game, too :D

I'm only not really sure about this "best community" thing, but I've not played enough other games to judge on this.

Mechanicus
05-06-05, 12:27
Neocron is awesome, dont listen to the non believers, its the most fun game ever made, whining is apparently the 'new cool' on the NC forums. The people that just play the game the way it is have a blast while these guys winge on the forums

Vae Victis
05-06-05, 13:13
oh its the best community alright...
the best whining community..

OHNOZ PKERS!! TIS IS NOT WHY I PLAY THIS GAME!!!11111oneoeneon
I PLAY TO LVL AND GET TECHS AND HELP EVERY1 !!

keep
LE
in
k?
<3

Morganth
05-06-05, 13:17
oh its the best community alright...
the best whining community..

OHNOZ PKERS!! TIS IS NOT WHY I PLAY THIS GAME!!!11111oneoeneon
I PLAY TO LVL AND GET TECHS AND HELP EVERY1 !!

keep
LE
in
k?
<3

Don't forget the ones that cry and throw their toys out the pram when you don't let them watch an event.

trigger hurt
05-06-05, 13:43
you might be surprised at how many people actually know about neocron. Was talking to a few people from AO yesterday on the ooc channel and I mentioned NC for it's pvp. About 8 or 9 people chimed in about how they didn't like the game for one reason or another. The majority..."it's boring, once you cap there's nothing to do except pvp. If I want to pvm for the life of my char, I've already killed all the mobs to get to cap, there are no new mobs added...ever".

In AO, there's so much to do that, even if you don't get into pvp, you never really run out of mobs to kill or quests to run. Course, most of them are time sinks. But people are leaving NC because there's nothing to do.

Jesterthegreat
05-06-05, 14:07
if AO wasnt such an awful combat system it would still be installed on my system.

if i didnt get bored of MMO's i would still have AO, DAoC, EQ, SWG, CoH and god knows what else installed... in fact i still have my origional EQ box sittin on my shelves... that takes me back. barring UO it was the first mmo i played :p

Vae Victis
05-06-05, 14:34
if it wasn't for NC I'd still be playing Soldier of Fortune2 or Battlefield or Farcry or whatever FPS game :p

but true, after capping your chars there's nothing left to do then PvP..
getting items is relatively easy, you just bp one then construct it.

some new mobs would be nice for a change... or a complete rework of the maps/mobs maybe.

Darkana
05-06-05, 15:11
In AO, there's so much to do that, even if you don't get into pvp, you never really run out of mobs to kill or quests to run. Course, most of them are time sinks. But people are leaving NC because there's nothing to do.Well, how to say it ... Once you capped your character and have the best stuff equipped it will be hard to find something to do in a MMORPG, regardless if it is something like AO with tons of content or NC with way less content. It's just in NC you reach this point way faster than you do in AO (having 200 normal levels, 20 shadow levels and 30 alien levels, and a good deal of items which make even WoC discs look common). Both games offer PvP, either in small fights or large "outpost/tower/whompah" wars, but that's about it. Btw. I think the PvP balance in AO seems to be even more out of whack than in NC, mainly because of the masses of content and the resulting char+skill+equipment combinations.

Even though I take a break from NC now and then I always come back, Neocron is unique in it's way and offers some stuff which I haven't seen/experienced in any other MMORPG I played so far.

Morganth
05-06-05, 15:20
Even though I take a break from NC now and then I always come back, Neocron is unique in it's way and offers some stuff which I haven't seen/experienced in any other MMORPG I played so far.

Hits the nail on the head as to why I came back from my break. I have yet to find an MMO that can keep by attention past capped players status (I've got 6 capped chars in NC, and deleted about 4 since I started) because of the little things that make a difference. I have yet to come across another MMO that has an FPS based combat system, and until one appears (FoMk sucks dick IMHO) that I feel is better than NC, I can see me playing this for a while (if I don't get pissed off with certain members of the community).

trigger hurt
05-06-05, 17:09
Well, how to say it ... Once you capped your character and have the best stuff equipped it will be hard to find something to do in a MMORPG, regardless if it is something like AO with tons of content or NC with way less content. It's just in NC you reach this point way faster than you do in AO (having 200 normal levels, 20 shadow levels and 30 alien levels, and a good deal of items which make even WoC discs look common). Both games offer PvP, either in small fights or large "outpost/tower/whompah" wars, but that's about it. Btw. I think the PvP balance in AO seems to be even more out of whack than in NC, mainly because of the masses of content and the resulting char+skill+equipment combinations.

These are their opinions. Personally, I play AO casually. But to give you an idea of how bad off Neocron is, I prefer the grind of AO to the grind of NC. Not because the endgame is better, but because there is so much flexability for how I develop my character. In NC...if I want an "RP" char...it's going to be a gimp. If I want a pure pvp char, it has to have certain items otherwise, it's gimp. In AO, you get out what you put into it. My lvl 50 enginner uses a pet that is 60 levels higher. If I wanted to participate in tower wars more often than I do, it wouldn't be hard to twink myself into a slayer droid. I can't do that in NC. I can't build a toon for pvm specifically and expect him to do well in pvp.

I wouldn't want to turn NC into evercamp. That's not why the game appealed to me when I started following the game and it's not what held me here for so long after release. The difference is that major developers have an advantage in that they are able to turn out more and more content than KK are. People are leaving because they've done all there is to do. Once someone in AO hits 200 + 20 SL's + 30 AL's, they still may not have done everything or killed every mob in the game or farmed every item. Not to mention the game's story develops more and more as time passes.

When was the last time NC2's storyline got a face lift?

Dr Strange
05-06-05, 18:56
[ edited ]

why the fuck was this edited? i didnt understand the original posters message, so I simply used a :wtf: emote, I have to actually type out something like "huh?" or whatever?

Nidhogg
05-06-05, 19:04
why the fuck was this edited? i didnt understand the original posters message, so I simply used a :wtf: emote, I have to actually type out something like "huh?" or whatever?
It broke the forum rules:
Refrain from posting only short, meaningless sentences or only one emote/smiley.As does this last one of yours:
If you have a question concerning the moderation of the boards or a problem with a particular post or poster you can email the moderators of that forum.N

Dr Strange
05-06-05, 19:24
i feel like i am gagged and bound here...

Dykie
05-06-05, 19:26
Well im not new to this game, i'm playin it for 3 years with 8 month ban brake. And i played AO in that 8 month and all i can say that its boring as hell, or its just not my type of games. Im also playin quake series from 97, maybe its the reason why i like neocron so much.

Vae Victis
05-06-05, 19:49
(I've got 6 capped chars in NC, and deleted about 4 since I started) Mhmmm..
atm I've got 3 fully capped chars out of 4.
from the day I've started playing NC I've lvled over 50 chars (mostly Tanks, Pe's and spies, 2 or 3 monks) up to cap (the monks I made had about 5-6 int off of full cap)

I've been lvling for the past 2 years.. why? I want a PvP char, in order for that I feel you need to cap your char first.. so I did. I found out I sucked, rerolled to another char.
Nowadays you cap a PE in 2 days max, a Tank in 1 week max, a spy in 2 weeks max, a monk in 3 weeks max. (not fulltime lvling)

All I want now is PvP, but there is none. Except for OP fights, neocron is dead.

Nidhogg
05-06-05, 19:52
i feel like i am gagged and bound here...
The rules are linked right there at the bottom of the page. Most people seem to understand them well enough.

N

Jesterthegreat
05-06-05, 20:14
you should be a good boy like me... i know the rules and have to follow them cos i am out of temp bans :p

btw if you dont want to be "gagged and bound" theres always the furious angels forum (the link is always removed so i won't bother to link it).

no one forces you to be here.

:edit: @ ice you could level much faster early NC1... its just no one knew what they were doing :p

Jesterthegreat
05-06-05, 23:03
The rules are linked right there at the bottom of the page. Most people seem to understand them well enough.

N

you should check this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125854) for stupid smilies...

oh and too late to edit :p

Dr Strange
06-06-05, 00:12

N

I'm aware of where the rules are posted.

I understand them just like everyone else.

My comment was more geared toward their unjust and restricting nature.

It's a sad day when you can't honestly say what you want to say, because it obviously breaks a forum "rule" or "rules".

There are days where I don't feel like an MMO player, or a customer of this MMO, it's more like I feel as if I'm bending over saying "THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER"

Nidhogg
06-06-05, 00:32
Some people just can't take a hint, and for the record I gave you plenty of warnings. If you still wish to post in 7 days you may do so but please read the rules again because you obviously don't understand.
If you have a problem with a moderator please email helpdesk@neocron.com to address your problems. Please do not try to discuss your personal problems you may have with other community members (including moderators) on the forums.

N

Morganth
06-06-05, 00:58
Some people just can't take a hint, and for the record I gave you plenty of warnings. If you still wish to post in 7 days you may do so but please read the rules again because you obviously don't understand.

N

Nid, what happens if the mod you complain about is the one who gets the email? I've not experienced this (may have something to do with 101% of my bannings/warnings being just and fair :p ), but I'm just curious.

Same goes for GM complaints.

Nidhogg
06-06-05, 01:11
If your complaint is rejected then that's the end of it but I have changed decisions in the past after a review so it's always worth a shot. You may also email helpdesk@neocron.com and ask for someone else to review the evidence but bear in mind that they have access to all the edits...

N

Morganth
06-06-05, 02:09
If your complaint is rejected then that's the end of it but I have changed decisions in the past after a review so it's always worth a shot. You may also email helpdesk@neocron.com and ask for someone else to review the evidence but bear in mind that they have access to all the edits...

N

Ok fair enough. I've yet to do anything that has led to involvement with a GM, apart from leaving the odd help ticket and running Fight Night :angel:

hegemonic
06-06-05, 17:30
It's sad that a noob creates a post on how he likes the game then the same post turns into an e-penis swordfight like in this thread. Come on people, we complain about the low player rate then when a noob comes along that wants to stay we make attempts at scaring him/them away by whining and complaining about this and that; stop telling people that Santa Claus ain't real! >.<

@ Dykie :
Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with the rest of us :)
Just enjoy your time playing and ignore the negativity. If there are things about the game that aren't so good, you'll find out for yourself, then you can come on here and bitch about it just like the rest of us! ;)

Vae Victis
06-06-05, 18:35
hegemonic, as Dykie said:

Well im not new to this game, i'm playin it for 3 years with 8 month ban brake. And i played AO in that 8 month and all i can say that its boring as hell, or its just not my type of games. Im also playin quake series from 97, maybe its the reason why i like neocron so much.
hes just got a new forum account coz his old one prolly got banned.

(dont think im new to the game.. ive been here 2.5 yrs)

Dykie
06-06-05, 21:13
hegemonic, as Dykie said:

hes just got a new forum account coz his old one prolly got banned.

(dont think im new to the game.. ive been here 2.5 yrs)

yep, true...

hegemonic
06-06-05, 23:12
yep, true...
WB then! ;)

@Vae --dude I know you're not new :) Check your PM.

zii
07-06-05, 01:33

I'm hooked like most of the rest. Welcome back after the ban. Now, be good :))

solling
07-06-05, 04:59
AO have the worst pvp system known to man...

i tried it long time ago and was playing alil tried pvp once and quit

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 08:24
AO have the worst pvp system known to man...

i tried it long time ago and was playing alil tried pvp once and quit

not just PvP... the whole combat system.

Dykie
07-06-05, 14:03
I'm hooked like most of the rest. Welcome back after the ban. Now, be good :))
thanks but i made new accaunt in march ;)

Nidhogg
07-06-05, 14:54
In case anyone was wondering, I've investigated Dykie's past forum account and it was not banned, otherwise his new account would also be banned for evasion. Some people believe that I lift permanent bans or otherwise "let people off" and that's not the case. If anyone wishes to comment on this post please do so by PM. Thanks.

N

Dykie
08-06-05, 01:38
Dookie was my old forum account, and its banned. Nid you are not very good private eye ;)

Nidhogg
08-06-05, 11:14
Dookie was my old forum account, and its banned. Nid you are not very good private eye ;)
Actually there's no physical evidence linking Dykie to Dookie. I checked the Dyku forum account (and variants) and that wasn't banned so I assumed you were mistaken. A confession works for me though.

Unfortunately, as I've explained to many people, a permanent forum ban is exactly that. I'm glad you're enjoying the game again but I now have no choice but to ban your forum account.

N