PDA

View Full Version : Changes in mc5?

Kierz
03-06-05, 13:53
The last few times I've taken my rigger into mc5 I've found there seems to be random invisable walls around to block most angles, I've searched the forum a bit to see if anyone else has meantioned this and not found anything on the most recent 5 pages, so I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if anyone else has noticed this or knows more about it than me :p

And can someone actually tell me once and for all if non-le'd mc5ing on a rigger is also classed as exploiting, all I hear is people complaining about le'd riggers.

Jesterthegreat
03-06-05, 13:55
any droner, if using a safespot, is exploiting.

people complained more about LE'd ones cos theres nothing you can do to stop it (except have good timing and push him into the line of fire while he relaunches drone) as they can't be moved in anyway while droning and they can't be shot by other people.

:edit: if kk have blocked off the safe spots in there then fantastic.

Bugs Gunny
03-06-05, 13:58
Well, droning in mc5 was a nono (at least using the safespots) so i doubt you'll hear many people complaining about this fix.

Although i do wonder what consequences these hidden walls have for the usual ppu-apu or tank teams.

Nullvoid
03-06-05, 13:59
shelter/def the commander and watch the droner moan ^^

edit - seriously though, I know there are several buildings in the h_14 area so why not make it so you can get the chip in all of them...this would surely stop all the stress of fighting to farm just one commander. Hell, why not make it so that the chips drop from the high level security bots outside aswell, they are tough sobs...anything would be an improvement on how things currently stand.

Jesterthegreat
03-06-05, 14:00
shelter/def the commander and watch the droner moan ^^

when you don't take any damage at all... less damage just = more hits. more hits = more xp.

Nullvoid
03-06-05, 14:03
I was under the impression you only get a set amount of exp per mob...it makes sense to shield something like a lieut in the chaos cave as it keeps pumping out babies which = more exp, but just damaging one mob...I thought the length of time or how many shots you make on it are irrelevant?

Jesterthegreat
03-06-05, 14:06
I was under the impression you only get a set amount of exp per mob...it makes sense to shield something like a lieut in the chaos cave as it keeps pumping out babies which = more exp, but just damaging one mob...I thought the length of time or how many shots you make on it are irrelevant?

pretty sure thats wrong, why do you think tanks tend to hunt with the lower DoT gat's (even before the speedgun was around)? more hits, more xp

Dribble Joy
03-06-05, 14:09
That's the first time I've ever heard of that... I was pretty sure the xp was per mob.

Torg
03-06-05, 14:10
pretty sure thats wrong, why do you think tanks tend to hunt with the lower DoT gat's (even before the speedgun was around)? more hits, more xpdisagree: higher TL weapon/higher damage equals more exp. you dont get exp per bullet.

CMaster
03-06-05, 14:19
Same - my belief was you got xp per amount of damage done to a mob, multiplied by some factor involving the TL of the weapon. IF its damage per shot, then rhino and malediction hunting shoould suck...
Anyway, I as under impression these invisible walls just made the safespots less efficent. Howevre, it should be made clear - droning in MC5 is not an exploit - placing your drones in the safespots (IE spots where the guards do ot shoot the drone, yet you can still see them) is.

aKe`cj
03-06-05, 14:19
misundertanding

^^ above = correct

Xeno LARD
03-06-05, 14:48
:edit: if kk have blocked off the safe spots in there then fantastic.
Waaaaaay too late though.
o_O

Original monk
03-06-05, 15:13
Howevre, it should be made clear - droning in MC5 is not an exploit - placing your drones in the safespots (IE spots where the guards do ot shoot the drone, yet you can still see them) is.

if ya gonna start with 50 exceptions then its logical that droners gonna be flooding that place again ... every droner claiming he aint the one using a safespot :rolleyes: but at the end it will be (LE'ed)droners again harvesting the parts ...

myself i didnt went to mc5 nomore since the last antiMC5-dronerpost i made ... yust because i was so sick and tired of these droners exploiting the place (fucking economy for everyone that hunted long and hard in there) ... and nothing been done ... (they even have the guts shittalking others while exploiting the place ...)

no i didnt send screens ... only official thing i heard about this problem was WAY after all this shit happend :mad:

make mc5 storebought for all i care .. all my chars have their mc5 anyway

and if in the meanwhile sumthing been done about those safespots ... then its 2 bad they didnt think of this about a year ago lol .. all MC5 LEdroners are swimming in cash anyway ...

still .. atleast i know my mc5chips are real and costed me blood sweat and tears

imper1um
03-06-05, 15:44
pretty sure thats wrong, why do you think tanks tend to hunt with the lower DoT gat's (even before the speedgun was around)? more hits, more xp
Here's how it works:

You get more XP for hurting a mob that is of higher combat level. You get less XP for having a higher combat level yourself. You get a set amount of XP per hit, multiplied by a sliding multiplier if you hit multiple mobs at the same time.

Imper1um