PDA

View Full Version : PC Zone Review

Tickles
02-06-05, 11:33
Hehe I've just made a new account, waiting for my old chars to be moved when I found this on PC Zone..

PC Zone Review (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/reviews/reviews_story.php?id=118051)

I especially liked ,"Why anyone continues to play to this day is a complete mystery. A mystery wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by an enigma, guarded by starved Rottweilers with bags of angry wasps strapped to their genitals."

Going to get your act together? Nope didn't think so!

Anyway I'm still going to see if I can take it for 30 days.. if not.. well i'll just sell on my account won't I? There ARE so many deprived Americans out there.

[TgR]KILLER
02-06-05, 11:45
that review is old has 20 threads about it.

give it a rest -_-

numb
02-06-05, 11:49
This thread has been done before. The reason I continue to play this game is because it is fun and pvp tends to suck in most other mmorpgs.

Maybe the reviewer is a bit too used to the pvp action available in other mmmorpgs, where whether you win or lose depends on how much camping you've done to get that leet item, giving you a little edge over all those people who actually have a life and dont think it's worth devoting a few days or more sitting in one spot waiting for that precious mob to spawn over and over again.

edit: in fact, at a guess I would say he's actually scored games like that higher than NC2

Mechanicus
02-06-05, 11:51
maybe if he hadplayed the game long enough to experiance its no. 1 feature: the pvp (infact, i doubt he even tryed leveling his char, he defo hadnt gotten past knifing rats in the sewers), he would have had a different oppinion, i mean, look at his stuff, hes a melee/rifle/apu/ppu/CST/IMP PE is it?
59 HP
80 STAM
4 PSI

yeah, he definately experianced neocron the way it was meant to be exerianced :lol:

enigma_b17
02-06-05, 11:53
search is ur friend ;)

Original monk
02-06-05, 12:01
quote reviewer:

"Not that you'd really want to meet another Neocron player. Based on several weeks running around this hell on virtual Earth, I can say they are, to a man, the most obnoxious, foul-mouthed, unhelpful, bitter, spiteful, unpleasant and insular MMOG players I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. I'd love to put it down to a couple of one-off encounters, but for over two weeks I never once had an enquiry answered in a useful manner or managed to find anyone to team up with, instead being barraged by abuse, taunts and hostility simply for being a newbie. Honestly, they're worse than the Young Conservatives."

"Why anyone continues to play to this day is a complete mystery. A mystery wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by an enigma, guarded by starved Rottweilers with bags of angry wasps strapped to their genitals."

--> why we continue to play this game ? i have asked myself many times before ... and i still dunno ... tough this reviewer yust gave me an extra reason to stay :)

-> edit: them quotes are daamn funny tough :)
-> edit2: PC gameplay .. a very famous gamemagazine here in belgium yust had a small NC2 preview ... the size of a pack of cigarettes horizontally .. not that big but with a nice picture and very positive :) they said it should be out this month in belgium :)

Capt. Rik
02-06-05, 12:06
SOCIAL OUTCASTS
Not that you'd really want to meet another Neocron player. Based on several weeks running around this hell on virtual Earth, I can say they are, to a man, the most obnoxious, foul-mouthed, unhelpful, bitter, spiteful, unpleasant and insular MMOG players I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. I'd love to put it down to a couple of one-off encounters, but for over two weeks I never once had an enquiry answered in a useful manner or managed to find anyone to team up with, instead being barraged by abuse, taunts and hostility simply for being a newbie. Honestly, they're worse than the Young Conservatives.

Anyone else proud of this? :p

numb
02-06-05, 12:15
It is such a load of rubbish. Practically ever question on help I've ever asked has been answered. If I asked where is a good place for me to level and mentioned my rank, heaps of people would have told you places like aggressors, military base etc. While there is not always a team at aggressors, most of the time there is, exactly the same with military base.

I ended up in a team of about 6 last night at aggressors with my 0/3 char. We were all helping each other, poking bones, providing heals etc, and until the end the higher dmg dealers were holding off nailing the aggs before the lowest dmg dealers had a chance to do enough dmg for mission reward. It was a good example of how nc is entirely opposite to how the reviewer described it.

I've never had difficulty finding a team in the popular locations since I've started playing NC2, and in those few weeks I've rolled 3 new characters.

edit: I think the difference here in finding a team is that there is no real team request system (if there is on chat, I think it might be muted?) - so you just need to be in the right place.

Nidhogg
02-06-05, 12:19
Anyone else proud of this? :p
Lots of people, judging by the way some posters have agreed with the review's findings.

As has been said, PC Zone's "review" has been discussed at length and I think we should move on.

N