PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Common Crash: The Dreadful Midnight

imper1um
01-06-05, 07:14
NOTE TO ALL THOSE THAT OP: Currently, 95% of players that are in-game at the 00:00 mark will crash [ edited ]. Be weary of the current in-game time before you begin to op, or you may lose 95% of your op force on both sides due to this dreadful bug!

Imper1um

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 07:59
NOTE TO ALL THOSE THAT OP: Currently, 95% of players that are in-game at the 00:00 mark will crash [ edited ]. Be weary of the current in-game time before you begin to op, or you may lose 95% of your op force on both sides due to this dreadful bug!

Imper1um

moral is?

if you got a small op force, attack not long before midnight and watch the zerg disappear ;)

Selendor
01-06-05, 11:31
Can someone else confirm this? I've been op warring since the patch and haven't crashed like you describe. There is always a judder when 00:00 time comes around, but has this actually changed since the last patch?

Nidhogg
01-06-05, 12:13
I'd be interested in hearing more about this too - it's certainly not an officially recognised or acknowledged issue. Not yet at least. ;)

N

Morganth
01-06-05, 12:19
Well yesterday night Paradox were OPing at Simmons, and not only did both sides lag for about 20-30 secs, but our side at least all fataled at once. I'm not exaggerating here, over comms all I heard was "Fatal" said by 95% of our team there. We were then doing some practice OPing at Tyron, and again, everyone fatalled, at the 00:00 mark, same as in Simmons.

We will test it out another time if we can, but I've noticed that Paradox seem to fatal a lot en masse :(

Vae Victis
01-06-05, 13:05
Well yesterday night Paradox were OPing at Simmons, and not only did both sides lag for about 20-30 secs, but our side at least all fataled at once. I'm not exaggerating here, over comms all I heard was "Fatal" said by 95% of our team there. We were then doing some practice OPing at Tyron, and again, everyone fatalled, at the 00:00 mark, same as in Simmons.

We will test it out another time if we can, but I've noticed that Paradox seem to fatal a lot en masse :(
thats because all of you lag out the zone by showing up with 30 and same with the enemy ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CMaster
01-06-05, 13:57
I've been part of a pro-city force fighting vs. FF I think that all fataled at oncw before. As for midnight, I havent noticed anything except the usual bugs.

Heavyporker
01-06-05, 15:15
There definitely is a "judder" at 00:00 where EVERY mob or runner disappears for about 5 seconds.

So immensely frustrating if you're hunting. For one - any mob you *just* killed disappears before you can loot it (YARGARARARARARARGHRHGHGHGHGHGGG!)

Plus, it's a bear if you've been ambushed and you're frenetically fighting for your very life.

I also have a suspicion that the 00:00 thing might be related to the "vec disappearing on the driver/pilot in transit"

Morganth
01-06-05, 16:31
thats because all of you lag out the zone by showing up with 30 and same with the enemy ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We have 16 active members. We hardly ever bring allies when we have all our active members on.

Try again :p

imper1um
01-06-05, 16:54
NOTE: This happens pretty randomly, but it is associated with the 00:00 timeout, but it requires something happening, like effects. I believe it is associated with effects AND the 00:00 marker. My clan was at simmons and we were op warring and when it hit 00:00, everyone except for one of us and a blood crashed.

Infinite
01-06-05, 17:29
Yup, were fighting at simons, 00:00 resetcame and after there were like 20 ppl standing around till they synced out. Same happened at tristar.

I didn't crash either time... just lagged for about 10 seconds... dunno why.

Morganth
01-06-05, 21:17
Yup, were fighting at simons, 00:00 resetcame and after there were like 20 ppl standing around till they synced out. Same happened at tristar.

I didn't crash either time... just lagged for about 10 seconds... dunno why.

Yeah, I was there, our entire side lagged out too :(

Tostino
01-06-05, 22:43
Yeah that was what I was trying to say in my thread. It has happend like 4-5 times so far when we were OPing.