PDA

View Full Version : Part 2: Allied PKing and Anarchy Breed

-FN-
31-05-05, 20:57
From Part 1: Allied PKing and TL150 Res Missions (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125736)...

But there will always be PKers. There will always be "bored" players. There will always be players who just want to cause mindless chaos. What they need is an outlet that doesn't involve abusing the Faction/Soullight/Sympathy System...

We all know that the Anarchy Breed is actually a playable Faction thanks to Alchemaic Dream and their work on Pandore. They already have missions in the CityComm we can do. What would they need to make them a playable faction like the rest of the factions?

- Headquarters
- An Epic Run
- Anything else?

Revising the Soullight System or instituting a Bounty System (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1682080) seem more complex and time consuming than KK has prioritized time for. I propose this:

Regant Fortress: Home of the Anarchy Breed - Make this place pretty much a clone of any DoY Faction HQ. Devise an Epic Run with temporary Epic Items until further thought can be put into it. Then... here's the key...

Make Anarchy Breed the faction that many of us thought Dome of York was going to be - Red to everyone. MaybeNeutral to TG, but I personally would like them to be the Anarchy & Chaos Causing Faction that raids NC or DoY, without discrimination. Kills everyone they see on sight and is hunted by everyone who sees them. It's the closest thing to RP-ing a criminal we would have that would not involve abusing and contorting the existing system for the sake of "entertaining" yourself.

I'm really interested to see if KK has anything in the works on the topic of the Soullight/Faction Sympathy/Allied PKing issues that are currently growing.

- Pro-City's attacks on Outposts get overwhelmingly out numbered because there are simply more Anti-City in the population.
- This reduces Pro-City's ability and ambition to even attack.
- This makes the World Map stagnant.
- This makes the Anti-City players bored.
- And that makes Anti-City Player s roll Pro-City Characters to PK within the city instead of fighting out at an OP.

If there were a "Counterstrike" like Neofrag that was universally accessable from both DoY and NC, you would see a lot more player activity, but that really breaks the backbone of the "RP" of the game. So what do you guys thing of this solution? Both Pro and Anti city...

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Xephonas
31-05-05, 21:12
people get bored unless they have constant action (the pk'ers).

But if they went AB, people would start to moan about too many raids, or random pking, etc etc.

It's obviously a very.very.very hard job indeed to balance a MMORPG/FPS game, i do agreee with some of your points -FN-.

While i am Pro-city myself on terra, and the city seems quite shafted in quite a few ways, and soooo many people are anti-city because they like to bandwagon since the game started because anti-city is hated more, seen as the "rebels", or the cooler side etc.

I'm not really sure if i have suggestions on how to balance the anti vs pro thing going on, but making anarchy breed would help for a while, maybe even making some pro/anti clans come together to kill AB.

Allied pk'ing is really bad these days, and like FN said, bored anti, make pro, to kill pro.

It's bad enough with all the anti finding it so easy to just come in Neocron and kill lots of people, (especially plaza 2).

I think it should be made so that anti city can't GR into any GR that is in Neocron, and any Pro ciy cant GR into any GR in Dome of York.

Superbron
31-05-05, 21:26
Yes, I would like the Anarchy Bred to be a playable faction. But I think red to everyone wouldn't make much sense as the Anarchy Breed has very good connections to Tsunami and Black Dragon. They are also rather friendly towards TG and FA storywise. The only foe they have in DoY would be the Crahn Sect.

I guess introducing the AB, wouldn't sove the pro-city ganking, because AB would practically be at the anti-side (except for being hostile to Crahn and CM). Nevertheless introducing AB (and TU) as playable factions could bring some more RP to Neocron.

AB with a HQ, an epic run and clans needs some serious thoughts, as organisational structures are somehow strange an unfamiliair to the AB...

-FN-
31-05-05, 21:35
Nevertheless introducing AB (and TU) as playable factions could bring some more RP to Neocron.

I had thought about TU the other day being the friendly-to-all faction - but that just has Ally-PK abuse written all over it.

Superbron
31-05-05, 21:42
I had thought about TU the other day being the friendly-to-all faction - but that just has Ally-PK abuse written all over it.
In which way?

-FN-
31-05-05, 21:54
In which way?
Do exactly what Allied PKers are doing now - Friendly to all means no guards will attack you so you're free to enter either city, unharmed. Then kill everyone you want and run back to AB HQ to run some TL 150 Missions.

Zheo
31-05-05, 22:01
people get bored unless they have constant action (the pk'ers).

But if they went AB, people would start to moan about too many raids, or random pking, etc etc.

It's obviously a very.very.very hard job indeed to balance a MMORPG/FPS game, i do agreee with some of your points -FN-.

While i am Pro-city myself on terra, and the city seems quite shafted in quite a few ways, and soooo many people are anti-city because they like to bandwagon since the game started because anti-city is hated more, seen as the "rebels", or the cooler side etc.

I'm not really sure if i have suggestions on how to balance the anti vs pro thing going on, but making anarchy breed would help for a while, maybe even making some pro/anti clans come together to kill AB.

Allied pk'ing is really bad these days, and like FN said, bored anti, make pro, to kill pro.

It's bad enough with all the anti finding it so easy to just come in Neocron and kill lots of people, (especially plaza 2).

I think it should be made so that anti city can't GR into any GR that is in Neocron, and any Pro ciy cant GR into any GR in Dome of York.

Been a while since I posted, been checking forums now and then, just though I'd educate the runners of NC.

What makes or breaks a game is it's community, take Mechwarrior 4 thats a great game, why? the community. Take Neocron, not so great, same reason community, on MW4 we all obay the house rules:

No legging, No heat, no chaining, and some weapons are banned, the people that play MW4 do so because MW4 Merceneries was full of crappy players that made a bad community it's the same on here.

You have a fight on MW4 with a rival clan, afterwards your all talking like buds "Great game, yo Falcon you got some great moves." etc etc.

Now take Neocron, "YOU ******!!! YOU KILLED ME AGAIN AND HACKED MY BELT DAMN YOU ****** THIS GAME IS ****!!!" <--- typical channel conversation. There are no house rules, and even if there where no one would play by them, Neocron suffers from a bad community and unless the people in it what to change it Neocron will never be a good game, all you have to do to see proff is look at the number of people leaving, the number of "complaint" posts, number of bans for abuse etc.

If you want to enjoy neocron the get the community to work together, some good house rules would be:

No PK'ing Noobies, No belt hacking, No Genrep Ganging, No Noob Buffs.

Sure kill some lone runner hunting a WB but have areas that are "safe zones"

And if the tough players and the majority enforced these rules then the others would have to fall in line or face being attacked at all angles.

And I dare someone to find a flaw in this "Community working together" idea, no seriously someone tell me "why" it's a bad idea.

-FN-
31-05-05, 22:13
And I dare someone to find a flaw in this "Community working together" idea, no seriously someone tell me "why" it's a bad idea.

Because this Gaming Community, on the whole, is younger or immature. Give people in a non-carebear game a way to greif, exploit, or abuse a system, and they will. It's human nature. That compounded with the "Welcome to Neocron, if you don't like it, fuck off" mentality that most players have, results in it being impossible for the entire community to abide by the same rules if they're not forced to within the game's constraints. All it takes is one player to go against the grain to piss everyone else off in separate incidents. Once that happens, all your "rules" and "Community Based" Guidelines will go out the window. And to boot, the entire community does not read these forums. The entire community can't participate in an in-game meeting to lay out these rules. There's no method of communication that could 100% cover the whole community. And even if there were, there are just those people in-game who would never, ever abide by them.

I do understand your point of view and from an idealistic standpoint - I totally agree with it. But realistically, it's impossible to accomplish.
:(

Dribble Joy
31-05-05, 22:14
The entire SL/symp system needs to be completely reorganised, especially the way that symp affects runner lives.

Also, AB is not a 'red to all' ganker faction, it has neutrals, allies and enemies and a set of ethics just like any other.

What needs to be done is things like kicking runners from their faction at a cirtain symp regardless if clanned, guard reaction based on runner symp and make factionless runnership more viable.

Superbron
31-05-05, 22:14
Do exactly what Allied PKers are doing now - Friendly to all means no guards will attack you so you're free to enter either city, unharmed. Then kill everyone you want and run back to AB HQ to run some TL 150 Missions.I think you mean TU HQ there :D This could be solved by making the membership of TU dependant of the SL of the runner. In other words: when a TU kills another runner and his SL drops below a certain point the runner will be kicked from TU.

This isn't the complete solution as I feel anybody should be able to defend himself, so another adjustment needs to be done to the SL-system. Dunno yet how... :(

zii
31-05-05, 22:25
If you want to have AB a playable faction then maybe it should be impletmented in the same way I think it is on Pandore:

i) To join the faction you have to be personally invited by the Faction Conseller.
ii) You ave to abide by some strict role playing guidelines/ rules.

I don't think that AB has a faction HQ [on Pandore], and by ts very concept it shouldn't either; Nor should it have an epic run either.

Not that this idea solves the I want a PK faction discussion.

Rgds, zZz

Infinite
31-05-05, 22:38
I'd love this, maybe even you have to be clanned and your red to other clans... say your small savage gangs that even turn on each other to get there way.

That would be so kewl, i wonder how many city/doy runners you would see if this was the cass though. Be kewl if they could make it so that you can only have ONE AB runner per account.

Superbron
31-05-05, 22:42
Just created a char at Pandore to see if I could become AB. Well it cannot be done from scratch at least... :(

Infinite
31-05-05, 22:44
Just created a char at Pandore to see if I could become AB. Well it cannot be done from scratch at least... :(

GMs put you in the factions in exchange for sexual favours

msdong
31-05-05, 22:51
The entire SL/symp system needs to be completely reorganised,...

What needs to be done is things like kicking runners from their faction at a cirtain symp regardless if clanned, guard reaction based on runner symp and make factionless runnership more viable.

kicking runners by automatic system and from council is a need.

if this NOFACTION is called Anarchy Bread of Scum of the Wastes - i dont care.

they should not be served by any trader but the smugglers. so they need to get all stuff from players.

give them a small village at the east coast, give that thing an outpost bonus (only a few points in weapon, recycle, repair) make it hackable but not ownable by factions.

these outcasts should be able to come back to the real factions by money and a hand full of missions.

there are so many cool ideas but its all in KKs hands. i hope they find the time to finally make that SL/FS themeweeks where we can see a few enhancements.

BradSTL
31-05-05, 22:54
The AB used to have a vestigial faction HQ, in Outzone sector 1. Then it got turned into the mall, then office space. But for all practical purposes, there is a faction HQ for people with yellow or red soul-light: Club Jailhouse in Outzone sector 8. I toured it the other day after taking a SL hit on one of my characters testing something; it has everything you'd need to be a faction HQ except missions that don't raise SL.

I also have to say that given that the AB are allied to TS, and how the game says that AB have always been welcome in our clubs, it cranks me off that positive SL TS aren't welcome in Club Jailhouse. But back to the main point.

If we ever get soul-light theme weeks, yeah, I'm going to ask if there can't be some way to kick people out of faction, some magic number of votes for ostracism and you're out of there. What I was going to suggest was that you get booted to the faction other than this one that you have highest sympathy with, but booting such people to factionless or AB suits me just as well.

And if hardcore "F6 is just a button" types or "I'm roleplaying an undercover agent for another faction" types want to keep their yellow or red SL but still want to run missions, then what about this idea? Why not implement a full set of AB missions, with AB HQ personnel somewhere in OZ8, only have AB missions not raise SL?

zii
31-05-05, 22:57

You have to be invited by the Faction Consiller. They do let anyone join AFAIK.

msdong
31-05-05, 23:01
... only have AB missions not raise SL?

have anarchy missions reset positive SL to 0 :)

Xephonas
01-06-05, 11:08
Been a while since I posted, been checking forums now and then, just though I'd educate the runners of NC.

What makes or breaks a game is it's community, take Mechwarrior 4 thats a great game, why? the community. Take Neocron, not so great, same reason community, on MW4 we all obay the house rules:

No legging, No heat, no chaining, and some weapons are banned, the people that play MW4 do so because MW4 Merceneries was full of crappy players that made a bad community it's the same on here.

You have a fight on MW4 with a rival clan, afterwards your all talking like buds "Great game, yo Falcon you got some great moves." etc etc.

Now take Neocron, "YOU ******!!! YOU KILLED ME AGAIN AND HACKED MY BELT DAMN YOU ****** THIS GAME IS ****!!!" <--- typical channel conversation. There are no house rules, and even if there where no one would play by them, Neocron suffers from a bad community and unless the people in it what to change it Neocron will never be a good game, all you have to do to see proff is look at the number of people leaving, the number of "complaint" posts, number of bans for abuse etc.

If you want to enjoy neocron the get the community to work together, some good house rules would be:

And if the tough players and the majority enforced these rules then the others would have to fall in line or face being attacked at all angles.

true, but like nidhogg once said " this game ain't for pussys" (or something like that).

But it seems it is, whiners, but they whine because of too many lame gankers.

I suppose it's the kind of person who is attracted to the game, either if he's a lame ganker who lives in a 1 room appartment and just plays computer games, or the good, friendly gamer who goes out and plays games when he feels like it and had a good time.

Not many times i can actually remember laughing while playing NC, i can remember laughing my ass off in Counter strike clans, but lamers play CS too.

And for "house rules", it's a game, so it's kinda hard to enforce them. It's up to the players.

While to do feel some good house rules would be very nice to have a good time without all the bullshit that goes on in NC, like -FN- said, it's impossible

Vae Victis
01-06-05, 11:15
you know this will never work.. Anarchy Breed enemy to all factions?
factionguards/cops/doy guards will ******** AB..

OR, have cops guards etc shoot AB with -16 (-17 actually) soullight...
(HOW THE FUCK WE GET -17 SL ? kill NPCs...?)
I think it was Black Dragon thats neutral to AB.. the NPCs didnt shoot my BD spy :)

Selendor
01-06-05, 12:11
Good thread, constructive comments, but I read a thread like this back in 2003... as has already been mentioned its up to KK to change the rules. Maybe now that international release has passed (almost invisibly) they will now look towards the main mechanics of the game for existing players, such as soulight, op wars, and allied pk.

I suppose that Neocron could be self-regulating by a big enough body of players forming a council (is this working in the German servers?), but they have to have the power and game rules behind them, not working against them undermining their efforts.

And at the end of the day you don't want to sterilise the game so much that no one wants to play anymore - grudges, kos and danger are part of what give the game its unique edge. What is needed is the game favouring those that obey the rules, and not those that shoot first regardless of who they are shooting, so that you can misbehave but be evenly punished for your actions.

Morganth
01-06-05, 12:25
I'm liking the idea, and I like Part 1 as long as Part 2 went with it.

Although I disagree that anti-city runners roll pro-city alts to PK with. I've had 3 of my characters pro-city since PAIN, I just haven't moved them across. Therefore, if I PK on them, its for gaining symp not because I am bored. Making the generalisation that anti-city make pro-city alts to PK erego is false, as the above case has just proven. I don't enjoy running missions to get my SL back up, and I certainly don't enjoy killing pro-city runners, merely because I don't find it challenging chasing someone around a zone for one symp point.

ROZZER187
01-06-05, 13:01
Do exactly what Allied PKers are doing now - Friendly to all means no guards will attack you so you're free to enter either city, unharmed. Then kill everyone you want and run back to AB HQ to run some TL 150 Missions.

why do that when you can go mercs and be neutral to all??? meaning less soullight loss :lol: (yeah i know hostile to tg before anyone quotes me)

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 13:25

go play the sims online please.

i mean really...

no belt hacking?

what the fuck is the point in belts?

i remember your old sig saying how it was strange you and your buddies got killed by 2 tanks or something, theres the problem, not everyone else... you.

Vae Victis
01-06-05, 14:30
i remember your old sig saying how it was strange you and your buddies got killed by 2 tanks or something, theres the problem, not everyone else... you.
that was my sig quoting him..
not just any tanks + ppu..
NCAT BABY <3
vs 8 of them (more?) outside BT HQ
oh poor Zheo quit the game coz I hacked his PA4.. offcourse he accused me of speedhacking before he quit..
1 day later he came back coz I sold the PA to his clannie...

plz.. play The Sims...

I play for belts.. no belt drop = gain nothing except the money u get from running tl 150 missions..
I WANT A GODDAMN PRIZE :D

Bugs Gunny
01-06-05, 14:57
I'm liking the idea, and I like Part 1 as long as Part 2 went with it.

Although I disagree that anti-city runners roll pro-city alts to PK with. I've had 3 of my characters pro-city since PAIN, I just haven't moved them across. Therefore, if I PK on them, its for gaining symp not because I am bored. Making the generalisation that anti-city make pro-city alts to PK erego is false, as the above case has just proven. I don't enjoy running missions to get my SL back up, and I certainly don't enjoy killing pro-city runners, merely because I don't find it challenging chasing someone around a zone for one symp point.

I agree completely. I have two pro city characters that i accidentaly took to anticity last night. Yeah i know, what was i thinking right?
Anyway, i have to get them back to pro-city asap so even though i don't enjoy killing anti city runners on them, i have to to get my faction sympathies back. Unfortunately im realy bad at getting symps up fast so i may be around for a while..........

I think my BS > your BS

Morganth
01-06-05, 16:34
I think my BS > your BS

Shame mines not bullshit really :rolleyes:

I was in Dogs of War (DoW - DRE Clan) before moving to Paradox (Twiglit Guardians). I haven't got round to moving all mine across using the traditional GR kill method. Therefore, I will kill people inside the city. And because I kill inside the city, I am happy to get killed inside the city. I can replace lost pixels faster than KK can code them (not taking the current theme week into account :lol: ). If you don't believe me, ask Bronx/System/COLD.

And also, even if you were pking inside DoY I wouldn't care, from what I've seen you can't kill people even with a PPU, so I'd like to see you try. That and DoY is empty, lol.

Xylaz
01-06-05, 16:51
i agree on one thing - pvp should have a reward because if not it became kinda pointless in the long run. Thats also the reason i've not yet joined my clannies at WoW battlegrounds - because there is no point of fighting if u cant win. And without pvp reward and/or without permadeath feature pvp is pointless.

Funny thing is, atm i cant hack on any of my chars so i cant really "win" anything, but at least i can loose something so its the same challenge - you have to win to avoid loosing your belt. Its a challenge and its a risk - and its exactly what makes the pvp in NC so exciting.

Same reason why OP wars are boring. Same reason why safezones are lame. Same reason why PPUs should be removed.

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 19:40
UO PvP... full inv drop... fresh...

Zheo
01-06-05, 19:54
Some things never change, notice how you couldn't resist a sware Jester, I know some rather nice people, that is nice in real life not in the game, that left because of people like you, they just had enough of your attitude, shame really, PVP isn't about taking something from another play it's about proving your a more skilled fighter. Though there seems to be a distinct lack of skill in NC.

And I do expect you to reply with some more of your lovely language please be my guest as I no longer play NC nothing you really say has an impact on me. What I said was a suggestion to improve the quaility of the game, and like I said it only works if there is a large majority who like to play to enjoy themselves and get on with EVER player not just their friends. Necron is lacking that, but at least it keeps you all in there and leaves some of the less popular games with nice folk :)

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 19:58
aye... some just whine about pkers no matter what ;)

:edit: in ragards to
No PK'ing Noobies, No belt hacking, No Genrep Ganging, No Noob Buffs. i agree on all but the noob buffs and belt hacking.

1. when ppu's stop using shelter / deflector / heals on others, then other classes may stop.

2. the game is carebear enough as it is. safezones, LE's, safeslots, belts that need hacking, soul light effecting hacks...

Zheo
01-06-05, 20:05
aye... some just whine about pkers no matter what ;)

:edit: in ragards to i agree on all but the noob buffs and belt hacking.

1. when ppu's stop using shelter / deflector / heals on others, then other classes may stop.

2. the game is carebear enough as it is. safezones, LE's, safeslots, belts that need hacking, soul light effecting hacks...

Noob buffs should stop because the KK should realise that PPU's are over powered and do something about it like they talked about before i left...

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 20:09
Noob buffs should stop because the KK should realise that PPU's are over powered and do something about it like they talked about before i left...

well when that happens maybe people won't use them. for now they will.

zii
01-06-05, 20:14
a

Too bloody true. They don't want to play the game as it was intended; They don't want to get killed by other players ; They don't want to loose their precious items ; Gawd!

Rid us of the those LEs (over rank 30 just to be fair) ; Rid us of those QBs ; Rid us of those safe zones, and bring back the original CopBots that gun you down if you draw a weapon, even for a millisecond in VR and Plaza. (Something similar).

This game is great because it is dangerous: You are paranoid and who do you trust? Choose your friends carefully ; Don't gank everyone as you'll be the next target. Make RedSL viable (A 5 item drop is too harse a penalty) ; Make Para a mod only spell.

OK - My rant is now off. I'll drift back onto the original thread.

E. Cryton
01-06-05, 21:04
there is no allied pking.
if i shoot someone, then he's my enemy. it doesnt matter if u'r faction is allied to mine, f it is it doesnt mean that all the members are allied to each other.
if u still think and u still want to be allied with me after i killed ya, thats not my damn problem.

zheo, by using low lvl buffs we do something about that ppu problem, so what ? u think its unfair if 2, 3 pe's can kill an apu ppu team becoz they're using noobbuffs ?

-FN-
01-06-05, 21:17
there is no allied pking.
if i shoot someone, then he's my enemy. it doesnt matter if u'r faction is allied to mine, f it is it doesnt mean that all the members are allied to each other.
if u still think and u still want to be allied with me after i killed ya, thats not my damn problem.

There. That's exactly the kind of caveman, egocentric, and ignorant attitude that is ruining the game for lots of the new players and even the vets. The game is given a set of guidelines. Factions with relations and politics. They even color code the whole god damn thing to make RED your enemy and GREEN your friend. Your "Damn Problem" is that people like you have some twisted ideal that it's somehow clever to abuse the system.

That's like becoming a cop so it's easier to kill cops because you can get into the precinct with a gun :rolleyes:

Your type - The runners Dahdatoui, Orlando, Mint Fear, Steban, Jynui, Alton, and half a dozen others who PK in NC daily (KK, can you tell there is an allied PKing problem when there is a running list of known offenders, not just isolated events?) - are just a bunch of immature kids who want to see how far you can bend the in-game provisions just to get a laugh. So very, very sad :p

[/rant]

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 21:28
There. That's exactly the kind of caveman, egocentric, and ignorant attitude that is ruining the game for lots of the new players and even the vets. The game is given a set of guidelines. Factions with relations and politics. They even color code the whole god damn thing to make RED your enemy and GREEN your friend. Your "Damn Problem" is that people like you have some twisted ideal that it's somehow clever to abuse the system.

That's like becoming a cop so it's easier to kill cops because you can get into the precinct with a gun :rolleyes:

Your type - The runners Dahdatoui, Orlando, Mint Fear, Steban, Jynui, Alton, and half a dozen others who PK in NC daily (KK, can you tell there is an allied PKing problem when there is a running list of known offenders, not just isolated events?) - are just a bunch of immature kids who want to see how far you can bend the in-game provisions just to get a laugh. So very, very sad :p

[/rant]

whats sad is the stereotypical views like that...

oh and btw... actually making your own decisions doesnt make you an "ignorant caveman"...

-FN-
01-06-05, 21:44
whats sad is the stereotypical views like that...

If I'm stereo-typical for acknowledging the game's guidelines, then sign me up.

You can't relate "thinking for yourself" to the in-game world. If you attack someone in real life, it was your decision, you thought for yourself, true. If they retaliate in real life and kill you, self-defense - common sense and the dynamic laws of real-life kick in.

If you attack someone in-game, yeah, it's your decision. But the person you're attacking, if an ally, does not get the exhoneration of "self-defense". They get to either die or fuck up their soullight and sympathies, and while ignorant Ally PKers may not give a shit about that, some people do - especially the newer players. That's half of the abuse of the in-game guidelines.

The other half is the fact that using an allied character within the city to kill allies is only done to avoid the guards attacking you - that is, until your Soullight drops in which case you just start fighting in certain areas - then you run off and do Tl150 Res missions and do it all over again. If you want to apply your "think for yourself" mentality - the guards should perma-KOS people who this. But they don't - because they follow the game limitations.

What needs to happen is there needs to be a method for a faction to be able to kick people out of their faction, that simple. And where should they go? No Faction - attacked by all guards - or AB if implemented.

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 22:19
If I'm stereo-typical for acknowledging the game's guidelines, then sign me up. the games guidelines say "all ally PKers are little kids just trying to get thrills"? i must have missed that bit then...

You can't relate "thinking for yourself" to the in-game world. If you attack someone in real life, it was your decision, you thought for yourself, true. If they retaliate in real life and kill you, self-defense - common sense and the dynamic laws of real-life kick in. of course i can, we are bound by rules ingame as we are in real life. admittedly they are different, and somewhat more lax ingame.

If you attack someone in-game, yeah, it's your decision. But the person you're attacking, if an ally, does not get the exhoneration of "self-defense". They get to either die or fuck up their soullight and sympathies, and while ignorant Ally PKers may not give a shit about that, some people do - especially the newer players. That's half of the abuse of the in-game guidelines.or they can run away. or if they didnt want to fight they could have left an LE in. or stayed in a safe zone. or had a stealth handy. or had a ppu handy. there are so many ways to avoid PvP in neocron... high SL may not avoid it, but it sure stops the pker quickly.

The other half is the fact that using an allied character within the city to kill allies is only done to avoid the guards attacking you - that is, until your Soullight drops in which case you just start fighting in certain areas - then you run off and do Tl150 Res missions and do it all over again. If you want to apply your "think for yourself" mentality - the guards should perma-KOS people who this. But they don't - because they follow the game limitations. i'll agree to an extent. i personally don't ally kill as there are no factions allied to me. however people pk in the cities to avoid guards? yup. the guards are para machines, and we all know what the community thinks of para. why raid an enemy city and be perma para'd? unless you are in a big clan, why raid an op? both side "zerg" (or fight support one another, call it what you will). in a city people seem less willing to fight, so smaller numbers retaliate, so a small group of people get a small fight, rather than a bum rush.

What needs to happen is there needs to be a method for a faction to be able to kick people out of their faction, that simple. And where should they go? No Faction - attacked by all guards - or AB if implemented.

and why, exactly, would reeza allow you to be kicking out whoever you like in times of war? he may want to disapline them... but if these people are good enough to annoy that many people, they could be put to a much better use. some kind of week long event where the pkers are conscripted into a fighting unit somehow, to fight for whatever side they should fight for... to repay some debts (xXx style?). have some form of punishment for the "bad guys" who refuse to take part (hense why i say a week long, even that will not allow everyone to do it so who knows :p). of course if everyone these pkers kill is a good boy they will be on yellow / red SL within minutes, perfect for retaliation (steering away from the event idea, and more towards the fact that people would rather whine than kill them)

Dribble Joy
01-06-05, 22:39
Eric doesn't realise that organisations and other people will have a view/opinion of you based on your actions and treat you accordingly, FN doesn't realise that Eric doesn't realise that... or something.

Allied pking should not be stopped, it should have realistic consequences for the character/person involved however.

Not all allied pkers are cavemen, but neither will a faction or group of people simply let you do something just because 'I'm allowed to do what I want, you are not allowed to disagree with that.'

N00b buffing is an issue. Fixing it will not fix the PPU problem, the PPU problem is more complex and fundamental. N00b buffing is a loophole in the mechanics.

-FN-
01-06-05, 22:52
to fight for whatever side they should fight for...

Allied pking should not be stopped, it should have realistic consequences for the character/person involved however.
I agree on both counts. People should be able to fight for who they want to fight for. If allied PKers are really "TG Spies" or whatever - fine. But after that first Public PK spree - DJ's statement should kick in.

Your faction members know you're just an allied PKer and don't care about the faction. The alliance members know you're not really in that faction and you will gun them down given the chance. The alliance enemies know you're their ally and will buff & ressurect you. The GMs probably stroll by invisibly and watch your SL drop as you PK your allies.

So basically everyone and thier brother knows that you're not in that faction. The *real* problem is there is no 'realistic consequence' here like DJ said. I was suggesting a voluntary option with AB for those people who live to PK. But regardless of the possibility of that option, when a runner is known by *everyone* that they are indeed traitors to their faction - something should happen other than the 100% pointless SL and Symp drop.

Dribble Joy
01-06-05, 23:07
I am very wary of any player based kicking from factions and other punishments, it's not only inherently wide open for abuse and opinion, but won't solve any problems.

Though I don't want any mechanics based restriction on the ability to pk whoever you want, I belive that a mechanics based method of punishment is really the only route to some form of 'justice' system.
Increasing/altering the way symp is lost and lowering the gain, possibly removing Sl in favour of a completely symp based method, intorducing symp into virtually every aspect of life.

Jesterthegreat
01-06-05, 23:22
I am very wary of any player based kicking from factions and other punishments, it's not only inherently wide open for abuse and opinion, but won't solve any problems.

Though I don't want any mechanics based restriction on the ability to pk whoever you want, I belive that a mechanics based method of punishment is really the only route to some form of 'justice' system.
Increasing/altering the way symp is lost and lowering the gain, possibly removing Sl in favour of a completely symp based method, intorducing symp into virtually every aspect of life.

as long as symp is altered, because that wouldnt work as it stands.

in fact i would rather see symp play a massive role (certainly for mercs who are caught in the middle of this war), but not if it's as easy to gain / keep up as it is now

Morganth
02-06-05, 01:07
The other half is the fact that using an allied character within the city to kill allies is only done to avoid the guards attacking you - that is, until your Soullight drops in which case you just start fighting in certain areas - then you run off and do Tl150 Res missions and do it all over again.

The only character I do this with only gets shot at by one guard in Plaza 3, lol. Copbots go bezerk in the other sectors though. I don't do it to avoid the guards, I do it to get my TG symps up slowly enough so I can balance the allied killing with the SL gain. If I got straight to 50+ TG symp, I'll lose all my DRE symp meaning my SL is fucked up.

There should be an easier way to transfer people across the cities, and I don't mean by GR killing someone with 0 SL.

EDIT: Can't we just get the "outlaw" tag that many people have requested?
Meaning you get tagged an outlaw if you attack any allied factions, so you are fair game for anyone and they don't loose SL for it. Give it a 10min cooldown too, so it can't be abused.

eprodigy
02-06-05, 01:21
really though, i only kill so called allies because what else is there to do ?

go shoot people at CRP? where theres twelve ppus for every person? OP fight with clans that is just a measure of who can bring more people? you cant raid a plaza because its full of para shocking guards.. you can run around the empty wastelands searching for a fight but 99% you never find one. EVEN being allied to people and fighting in plaza its empty or people run off and sync or theres 12 ppus there... i dont kill new players, i dont attack people until they buff and what not, i dont fight monks anymore, but really no one plays anymore for a good fight but only to zerg the hell out of people and/or then yell they suck on OOC and what not :( i like pretty much everyone on FN's list actually couple are actually good ;)

plus if im CM, am i only allowed to attack TG's ?? isnt the point of being neutral for them so they can attack any faction they want/are hired to?

KK's own game design force people to be "ally" killers right now.. i never killed an ally in NC1 because there was a good alternative... for my style of solo pvp

Superbron
02-06-05, 12:59
really though, i only kill so called allies because what else is there to do ?

go shoot people at CRP? where theres twelve ppus for every person? OP fight with clans that is just a measure of who can bring more people? you cant raid a plaza because its full of para shocking guards.. you can run around the empty wastelands searching for a fight but 99% you never find one. EVEN being allied to people and fighting in plaza its empty or people run off and sync or theres 12 ppus there... i dont kill new players, i dont attack people until they buff and what not, i dont fight monks anymore, but really no one plays anymore for a good fight but only to zerg the hell out of people and/or then yell they suck on OOC and what not :( i like pretty much everyone on FN's list actually couple are actually good ;)

plus if im CM, am i only allowed to attack TG's ?? isnt the point of being neutral for them so they can attack any faction they want/are hired to?

KK's own game design force people to be "ally" killers right now.. i never killed an ally in NC1 because there was a good alternative... for my style of solo pvp
NC1's F6-politics were more interesting than the red vs green we have now. Introducing AB and TU might fill in some gaps. AB being allied to TS and BD (maybe neutral towards TG and FA) and hostile towards all others. TU being allied to all except for being hostile to the AB scum (and maybe hostile/neutral towards TS and BD).

Original monk
02-06-05, 13:39
Your type - The runners Dahdatoui, Orlando, Mint Fear, Steban, Jynui, Alton, and half a dozen others who PK in NC daily (KK, can you tell there is an allied PKing problem when there is a running list of known offenders, not just isolated events?[/COLOR]

luckely these are yust nibs, can you imagine what a problem it would be if those guys had skillz 8| :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesterthegreat
02-06-05, 13:41
luckely these are yust nibs, can you imagine what a problem it would be if those guys had skillz 8| :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah... i dont get it... name all the nibs....

ally killing was an issue in the days of uPs, its just an annoyance now

Morganth
02-06-05, 13:49
yeah... i dont get it... name all the nibs....

ally killing was an issue in the days of uPs, its just an annoyance now

uPs weren't anywhere near as much of a problem as NCAT were. NCAT annoyed me, I found uPs funny because all their members wouldn't leave a safezone unless they had a PPU, just because PAIN KoS'd them.

NCAT are the reason a lot of pro-city runners moved to DoY. The vigilantes you mentioned above only ever get to kill people from clans that won't move to DoY (not that anyone wants them to) because everyone else has already left.

The sides were a little more balanced before the days of NCAT, and thats a fact.

Jesterthegreat
02-06-05, 13:59
uPs weren't anywhere near as much of a problem as NCAT were. NCAT annoyed me, I found uPs funny because all their members wouldn't leave a safezone unless they had a PPU, just because PAIN KoS'd them.

NCAT are the reason a lot of pro-city runners moved to DoY. The vigilantes you mentioned above only ever get to kill people from clans that won't move to DoY (not that anyone wants them to) because everyone else has already left.

The sides were a little more balanced before the days of NCAT, and thats a fact.

heh.

when uPs and NCAT worked together... you got alot of people ;)

NCAT was small... but i guess we made a difference.

Vae Victis
02-06-05, 15:07
funny that the last NCAT is now in dark :rolleyes:
I loved PKing in the city, hell I think someone even quit the game coz I killed him for his bad haircut..

u cannot run from us!
we (venom) is CM and we can PK anywhere we like :p
problem is no1 is in DoY city... :o

Comie
02-06-05, 15:44
I loved PKing in the city, hell I think someone even quit the game coz I killed him for his bad haircut..

can anyone see the stupidity in this statement? anyone? no? let me give yu a clue

any closer? wow bragging that yu got someone to QUIT the game cos yu PK'd them... and then yu bitch about low populations and how that yu cant fight X ppl cos theres no one there... hmmm ppl quitting cos of internet arsewipes? great... well when yur the only ones left in this game cos yu got everyone else to quit i hope yu sit back and smile at yurself as yu'll own all the ops and all of the cities and all of the server, and get to masturbate over the dancers in pepper park, knowing that yur now safe as theres no one else to play with as yu couldnt control yur epenis enough to work within the game boundaries.

Hurry the fuck up KK and impliment a DECENT punishment system, i dont want pussy SL bollox i want shit hitting the fan style punishment.

Conduit
02-06-05, 16:32
Word, Comie..

I'd like to remind some ppl in this thread about something said in a Neocron 2 review written in a popular games magazine recently:

Not that you'd really want to meet another neocron player. Based on the several weeks running around this hell on virtual earth. I can say they are, to a man, the most obnoxious, foul-mouthed,unhelpful, bitter, spiteful,unpleasant and insular MMOG players I've ever had to encounter.

I wonder what kind of player he's talking about... :rolleyes:
There are still a lot of good ppl around, but Neocron has always had it's fair share of assholes. The trouble is that, with the population drop over the last year or so, the percentage of assholes seems higher than ever before.

Hurry the fuck up KK and impliment a DECENT punishment system, i dont want pussy SL bollox i want shit hitting the fan style punishment.

:lol:
Seconded.
As well as working on FREs and bugs and content, KK would do well to work on the in-game community a little IMO.

Vae Victis
02-06-05, 16:55
i dont care who i kill comie
no1 tells me who i can and cant PK.
if they direct me after i kill them for a reason.. well then i give them the most sorry excuse ever, their problem not mine.

in nc1 when i just started i removed my LE (everyone said LE gave less xp so I believed that)
i went in the sewers to kill rats for missions, a capped tank runs in, kills me.
did i quit?
no i lvled hardcore and almost a year later i see the same tank at crp caves fucking around. i confronted him, told him to give me 100k or he'd die.
he laughed, 15 seconds later he was dead (apu ppu combo roxxor)

u remove ur LE = ur ready for pvp, u accept the fact that ppl can and might kill you..
why should it be my problem if that person who removed his LE quit?
if we had AB i'd move to AB.

Morganth
02-06-05, 17:28
I wouldn't worry about it Vae, Comie is probably still sore from when SXR made the mistake of calling PAIN a "load of pricks". Subsequently anyone from SXR was swiftly lying flat on their back if they encountered a PAIN member outside a safezone.

Was a shame the asked for peace, they always dropped nice things in their belt. But then again, where's the challenge in killing people who thought they weren't threatened by you, when in fact they were :rolleyes:

-FN-
02-06-05, 17:29
if we had AB i'd move to AB.

As much as people with Vae's playstyle annoy me - this statement quintessentially points to why I thought this would be a good idea :)

-- Edit --

Morganth, you're pathetic. Spouting off rand thinking you're so cool for it when you just make us laugh. You guys actually get off thinking you're so cool because you're able to make people quit the game and can damage the community. Seriously - what the hell kind of mentality is that? There are some days this Community has no hope, I swear to god.

*not returning to the thread anymore thanks to asshats*

Jesterthegreat
02-06-05, 19:24
vae... your the "last NCAT" in your mind alone...

Mechanicus
02-06-05, 19:34
isnt he iCe`?

i dont remember/associate him as NCAT, he was TJs/Regulators wasnt he?

Civil_Unit
02-06-05, 19:57
Hmm, its kinda hard for me to lean one way or anouther on allied PKing, on the one hand it sucks to be killed for no reason by some bored guy. on the other hand sometimes you have this really pain in the ass bat shit crazy wanna be elitist in your faction thats making your life hell and instead of politics its much easeir just to kill him.

I really do belive the game play is best described as "Rough Justice" and i would hate that to be taken away.

Jesterthegreat
02-06-05, 20:44
he was tj then ncat... dunno about regs

Vae Victis
02-06-05, 20:48
ur venom, or i see u as venom, same how i see chopo and mag.
smurf isnt ncat, hes a wannabe kayne fanboi.
sultana followed him.. hes still cool tho.

i was
Ronins, Regs, TJ, NCAT
got kicked from ronins for stealing a herc from some uTs/d5g dude, but i never stole it, Thiwwy stole it.
think i was Rangers for a while, with Generic (rl friend)

and yes - im iCe` o_O why?
u hate me :(

Vae Victis
02-06-05, 20:51
As much as people with Vae's playstyle annoy me - this statement quintessentially points to why I thought this would be a good idea :)

-- Edit --

Morganth, you're pathetic. Spouting off rand thinking you're so cool for it when you just make us laugh. You guys actually get off thinking you're so cool because you're able to make people quit the game and can damage the community. Seriously - what the hell kind of mentality is that? There are some days this Community has no hope, I swear to god.

*not returning to the thread anymore thanks to asshats*
ever since I got back (about 1.5 months ago) I havent PKed any1 green to me.
outside OP wars I havent PKed anyone.
been busy lvling alot
lvled a spy to cap
lvled a tank to cap
lvled an spy to cap
lvling a PE to cap (after i finish lomming my spy to droner)

my playstyle? lvl? yes i hate it 2 :(

Jesterthegreat
02-06-05, 21:02

i was
Ronins, Regs, TJ, NCAT
got kicked from ronins for stealing a herc from some uTs/d5g dude, but i never stole it, Thiwwy stole it.

and you're DarK... you have no chars in NCAT, same as us

Mechanicus
02-06-05, 21:57

i was
Ronins, Regs, TJ, NCAT

nah i dont hate you, dont really know you, you must have joined NCAT after i stopped playing (late NC1)

Jesterthegreat
02-06-05, 22:04
nah i dont hate you, dont really know you, you must have joined NCAT after i stopped playing (late NC1)

he joined before NCAT moved to BD.

the TG NCAT

Mechanicus
02-06-05, 22:06
ah right, yeah i was in NCAT for a short time on my tank when it was TG, then i stopped playing for a long while, when i came back it was BD

Morganth
02-06-05, 22:30
Whats the point arguing over who was in a clan that doesn't exist anymore?

Mechanicus
02-06-05, 22:31
there was an argument about it?

where? that is a MUST READ

Morganth
02-06-05, 22:34
there was an argument about it?

where? that is a MUST READ

Read the last few posts, they are all going on about how this person was in that clan, how that person wasn't in this clan because he stole his mother's brother's cousin's third-uncle-removed's left testicle ring.

It doesn't matter what clan you used to be in, only what clan you are in now.

Mechanicus
02-06-05, 22:58
oh yeah i saw it, it wasnt an argument though, as everyone agreed on all the points

Vae Victis
03-06-05, 12:35
who was your tank then?

too bad I kept fataling when I tried to take my money back from TJ.. gave them about 18 mil and got 8 back..
8 million.. thats 8 times taking 1 million, crashed about 14 times. :(

Original monk
03-06-05, 12:56
Whats the point arguing over who was in a clan that doesn't exist anymore?

i think old saturnians cant understand these discussions morganth :) i also played uranus in the beginningdays but i never seen a single NCAT ... they probably didnt even exist back then, i remember being in ice's clan on uranus for a short while tough :) with killingmacroonyJR, a small cosey fun clan ... this is maybe 2 years ago lol

i remember my apu could yust use holy spirit armour and a HL ... i went PP and killed about 15 people of a clan called syn, whoever they may be ... think i got about 50 directs and people kept whining and threathening me whole evening ... i got tired of the bullshit and logged out ... to never log in on uranus again lol ... not exactly hardcore pvp lol

Superbron
03-06-05, 13:16
i think old saturnians cant understand these discussions morganth :) i also played uranus in the beginningdays but i never seen a single NCAT ... they probably didnt even exist back then, i remember being in ice's clan on uranus for a short while tough :) with killingmacroonyJR, a small cosey fun clan ... this is maybe 2 years ago lol

i remember my apu could yust use holy spirit armour and a HL ... i went PP and killed about 15 people of a clan called syn, whoever they may be ... think i got about 50 directs and people kept whining and threathening me whole evening ... i got tired of the bullshit and logged out ... to never log in on uranus again lol ... not exactly hardcore pvp lol
Lol, yeah I miss NC1 sometimes (especially F6-politics). Logged in at Uranus a week ago: funny that it's still there. Even 2 other people were online at that moment. Strange empty place it has become, was fun though to take a look again there.

Vae Victis
03-06-05, 16:05
sYn used to be the best clan till TJ showed up and before NCAT was there.. i was also in sYn but looking back at it, it was just a bunch of wannabe PKers gone wild.. Rabbi Fang couldnt control his members and went mental, left to venus or something. (nice guy tho, just fucked up members mostly)
OP fights without tactics, most ppl came on a PE...
it had some of the best pvpers on the server, but together sYn was shite tbh.
1 combo of ncat could ******** sYn.. this was like 2 years ago yeah..

ah well.. old times..
new times:
PPU team + 1 dmgdealer.. 6 PPUs paraspam + 2 PPUs healing and buffing the dmgdealer..
fun times :D
<---- this is why we need FIGHTNIGHT :D

Mechanicus
03-06-05, 16:30
yeah they were all on PEs because Rabbi Fang was the best PE to ever grace the game, and they all wanted to be like him

was fun fighting with him though, he would just be like in vent "oh crap theres 3 of them on me at the otehr side of the opp, can i get some help?" .... 10 seconds pass, you arrive "oh nm, got em"

Morganth
03-06-05, 17:22
i think old saturnians cant understand these discussions morganth :)

True that. Saturn players had the ability to negate all faction and clan standings, as if they saw a name that rung a bell in their head to do with some misdemeanor, they'd get shot at. Clans on Saturn were just there to stop you loosing your faction under the guidance of your leader :lol:

Vae Victis
03-06-05, 17:34
yeah they were all on PEs because Rabbi Fang was the best PE to ever grace the game, and they all wanted to be like him

was fun fighting with him though, he would just be like in vent "oh crap theres 3 of them on me at the otehr side of the opp, can i get some help?" .... 10 seconds pass, you arrive "oh nm, got em" seriously who are/were u in nc1?
uve been in sYn.. been in ncat apparently..
my only guess.. Makka.. but I dont know :p

Mechanicus
03-06-05, 17:43
i wasnt in sYn, i fought with rabbi in FLUX, wasnt in NCAT for very long either, i stopped playing NC a few weeks after i joined

E. Cryton
03-06-05, 17:59

its so sad m8, its so sad ... :(

Original monk
03-06-05, 18:18
True that. Saturn players had the ability to negate all faction and clan standings, as if they saw a name that rung a bell in their head to do with some misdemeanor, they'd get shot at. Clans on Saturn were just there to stop you loosing your faction under the guidance of your leader :lol:

hehe for me its still the same actually :) i would never actively alliePK, theres more fun stuff to do then annoy others ... but when i see an "evil" (to me then) name i kinda tend to loose control :p

i bet its the same for most people ... or you gonna let that person that you really really dislike .. slip by cause he happens to be in youre faction ?

nah :angel:

its still the person behind he's/her computer you dislike ... not only clan that or faction this or whatever

Vae Victis
03-06-05, 18:20
i wasnt in sYn, i fought with rabbi in FLUX, wasnt in NCAT for very long either, i stopped playing NC a few weeks after i joinedu seem to know how to dodge a question..

dont tell me ur mphiz :lol:

Mechanicus
03-06-05, 18:24
naaah (too few letters)

Morganth
03-06-05, 20:31
its still the person behind he's/her computer you dislike ... not only clan that or faction this or whatever

Here the Saturnite's philosophy (sp?) for life. :lol:

E. Cryton
04-06-05, 23:39

ermmm ....

no :p

Jesterthegreat
05-06-05, 02:34
ermmm ....

no :p

come on...

we all know all PE's did it soley to copy rabbi :p

it's a damn shame rabbi never came back tbh... he planned it at least twice in nc2

E. Cryton
05-06-05, 02:52
well, i met him once when he flamed he, coz i sniped him with my pain easer pe ( my pain easer was at 148% dmg, didnt know i'm able to cap it as a pe) so no, i never really wanted to copy that rabbi fang :angel:

Vae Victis
05-06-05, 03:52
rabbi fang was a nice bloke but a bad leader tbh.
I didnt wanna be like him, I made my first PE to be a rarehunter :lol:

nah I thought Matt was way cooler than rabbi :p
I copied his clothes :p (red bum-looking clothes :p)

Jesterthegreat
05-06-05, 11:56
both cool guys. both good pvpers. i made my pe to be one of those annoying melee PE's, and it eventually evolved into my judge PE.

ROZZER187
05-06-05, 18:34
its so sad m8, its so sad ... :(

what he said;p

btw lo eric its roz :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E. Cryton
05-06-05, 20:41
OMG ROZ
how ya doing ? havent seen ya for a long while !
its eric btw !

Liebestoter
06-06-05, 16:19
KK gives us AB on Terra, and makes me FC. Anyone who knows me and the rest of Wayward knows we don't like nobody, we rip the system, break all the rules and laugh at danger. And farm belts in p1 with a stealth whore sniper. :D

E. Cryton
06-06-05, 17:29
dunno u nor wayward.
ab for ncat.

Vae Victis
06-06-05, 18:32
erm Liebestoter I dunno what u know, but I know the PKers on Terra p1 were NCAT ...

Jesterthegreat
06-06-05, 19:20
erm Liebestoter I dunno what u know, but I know the PKers on Terra p1 were NCAT ...

and they didnt need stealth :p

Liebestoter
06-06-05, 23:05
laff
Not to toot my own horn but I don't suppose any of you remember this spy by the name of Vertigo? :D

E. Cryton
06-06-05, 23:50
never heard of him.
uranus, saturn or pluto ?

Morganth
07-06-05, 00:03
laff
Not to toot my own horn but I don't suppose any of you remember this spy by the name of Vertigo? :D

Name rings a very small bell, but its not ringing loud enough for it to be of any importance.

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 08:22
let me guess... the name was attatched to a long forgotten and rather large ego?

Xylaz
07-06-05, 09:43
he's from pluto

and ego's rather small when compared with oh-so-great-ncat ones, so do not fear, nobody is going to take "insert your opinion here" title from you.

Bugs Gunny
07-06-05, 10:27
Any of you guys ever heard of Bugs Gunny?
My ego's so big that i make my cat call me "LORD", or else it doesn't get food.
At work people praise my janitorial work as if i were a nuclear scientist who just started up his selfbuilt fusion reactor.
Hell, even my computer starts up with the sentence. "Thank you for touching me holy one...."
I turned down he job as pope, because i felt i wouldn't get enough media attention in it.......

I won't list the rest as you mere mortals are wasting my time now.

Obsidian X
07-06-05, 10:53
Any of you guys ever heard of Bugs Gunny?
My ego's so big that i make my cat call me "LORD", or else it doesn't get food.
At work people praise my janitorial work as if i were a nuclear scientist who just started up his selfbuilt fusion reactor.
Hell, even my computer starts up with the sentence. "Thank you for touching me holy one...."
I turned down he job as pope, because i felt i wouldn't get enough media attention in it.......

I won't list the rest as you mere mortals are wasting my time now.

Hahaha good one Bugs, if I could be arsed I would immortalise that in my sig somewhere, funniest post I've read in ages. :D

Jesterthegreat
07-06-05, 13:31
he's from pluto

and ego's rather small when compared with oh-so-great-ncat ones, so do not fear, nobody is going to take "insert your opinion here" title from you.

strange... when someone asks about good pkers, or times when the game was full of em... i dont mention myself once, nor do i mention NCAT.

but hey... thats ego right? reverse psycology ego? guess we all have that...

Vae Victis
07-06-05, 19:31
strange... when someone asks about good pkers, or times when the game was full of em... i dont mention myself once, nor do i mention NCAT.Xylaz.. its hard not to have an ego like mine when ur so goddamn good as I am.

thats a quote from Pete The Moro.. erm Psi

and I wont even mention FF's ego ;)

-FN-
07-06-05, 20:33
Hey Nid - if this thread doesn't get back on-track regarding the introduction of Anarchy Breed as a playable faction for the PKer wannabes instead of a place for the kids to show off their epenis, feel free to close it. I'm tried of checking the thread and seeing nothing by new posts about ego-centric bullshit that is only relevant to the kiddies posting their fluff. kthx.

E. Cryton
07-06-05, 20:43
uuuh ... say what say what...
uuuh ... say what say what...
my dick is bigger than yours ...

aww, i love korn :)

a4nic8er
08-06-05, 04:41
I like FN's post starting this thread. Well thought out, logical and constructive - shame about the last few pages of verbal diarrhoea though. Most of it is so far off-topic that they are virtually "+1" posts.

I like the idea of people who kill their own being stripped of their faction's sympathy to the point where they are KOS to every NPC in which ever city they supposed to call home and tapping out to "Primary Appartment" only takes them to their currenty faction HQ GR. Eventually when they could be warped to Regant Fortress and wake up in a medical recovery room where they are welcomed to there new AB faction after a successful cloning. They would automatically receive a new primary appartment in Regant's (good luck getting to old apartment to retrieve their stuff in the cabinets). Regant could be set up like Old TG canyon is now (secret entrance and no GR unless you have an app there). The AB could be neutral to TG so they can both go to Regant and Old TGC but would have to walk in from the ASG unless they have apps in both.

If the AB's get bored they could always take an OP (would all AB be in one clan with a mysterious leader nobody has ever met?)

The questions that all this thinking begs are;

- What would be the trigger to make somebody boot to AB?
A certain length of time on their Pro/Anti faction KOS list?
A certain level of neg SL?
- Would people be able to actively seek to become AB?
- Would they be able to return/change to Pro/Anti if they wanted to? (perhaps only via CM by killing TGs)
- Should it be harder to get out of AB than into it? If so, how much harder?
- Could this all be worked in with a revamp of the whol SL issue? (yellow SL kills allied 100 SL should have a much greater negative SL punishment than 100 SL who kills allied yellow SL).

Jesterthegreat
08-06-05, 08:59
Hey Nid - if this thread doesn't get back on-track regarding the introduction of Anarchy Breed as a playable faction for the PKer wannabes instead of a place for the kids to show off their epenis, feel free to close it. I'm tried of checking the thread and seeing nothing by new posts about ego-centric bullshit that is only relevant to the kiddies posting their fluff. kthx.

if they are just "wannabe" pkers, they shouldnt be an issue...

Superbron
08-06-05, 12:19
If the AB's get bored they could always take an OP (would all AB be in one clan with a mysterious leader nobody has ever met?)

The questions that all this thinking begs are;

- What would be the trigger to make somebody boot to AB?
A certain length of time on their Pro/Anti faction KOS list?
A certain level of neg SL?
- Would people be able to actively seek to become AB?
- Would they be able to return/change to Pro/Anti if they wanted to? (perhaps only via CM by killing TGs)
- Should it be harder to get out of AB than into it? If so, how much harder?
- Could this all be worked in with a revamp of the whol SL issue? (yellow SL kills allied 100 SL should have a much greater negative SL punishment than 100 SL who kills allied yellow SL).
AB should have no leader whatsoever. This due to the nature of the anarchists. Because of this they should also have no clans. I like your idea about taking an OP with their faction, which actually is their clan too.

AB should be allied to BD and TS (storyline) and neutral (or allied?) to TG and FA because of their ideas about free minds. Everyone else should be hostile towards AB. Too bad it would make AB almost a DoY-faction with only being hostile to CS (and to CM).

Any runner who gets kicked from their faction should become a factionless outlaw and be transported (and brainwashed) to a prison where they are can regain SL/FS to get back to their original faction. If someone choses not to return to their original faction then he should be able to become a member of the AB.

The reason that someone gets kicked from their faction can depend on the faction rules. I can imagine that CA can kick a member because of negative SL, whilst BD doesn't.

AB shouldn't have a HQ (again because of their anarchistic views), but I think they need a home. I would not make Regant's Fortress or Regant's Legacy (HQ of a mutant faction) their home. My idea about this is making the Canyon their home. I don't think TG-runners will agree with me, but two 'cities' (DoY and the Canyon) for TG seems to be a little over the top.

Negative SL shouldn't be an issue for AB, perhaps FS should. Maybe can KK enlighten us about their ideas about reworking the FS/SL-system.

Greetz,

Superbron

Neally
08-06-05, 12:49
Didn't read all the replies

AB is still aivable to play by invitation On Pandore yeah, but as old AB, i can say that

1) No clan can be created
2) You can't go everywhere
3) AB has a HQ on Pandore, it's just near syncon in a tower, just some NPC spawned in the middle of a zone where there's NOTHING (no GR, no NPC)
4) Think about GRs, you can't GR anywhere...

My opinion is that not everyone can be AB, invitation yeah...
On pandore the FC needs to much of RP, not killing Neutrals etc.

For me, AB is mean to be a faction for the most arrogant ppl in Neocron.
Maybe i understand its RP really bad, but i just only see how it is

E. Cryton
08-06-05, 14:21
if they are just "wannabe" pkers, they shouldnt be an issue...

but it looks like they are..
otherwise ppl wouldnt talk about, or even notice them.

For me, AB is mean to be a faction for the most arrogant ppl in Neocron.

true.

aahahahahhahahhaaaaaaahahhahahaha

Obsidian X
08-06-05, 18:54
I've made a thread somewhere in the past about introducing AB and Trader Union, and I still think its a good idea. However, if you made it an enemy to all faction, all the leet kids would probably join it, further tipping the population disparity on Terra. I say AB should retain some sense of NC1s faction system; they have enemies, neutrals and allies within both NC and the Dome. (Enemy to Proto, Tangent and Biotech, becuase of experimentations, neutral to Next, DRE, and enemy to CA. In the Dome allied to BD, TS, enemies of CS, FA, and neutral to TG..?). Though if I had it my way Regants Legacy would be used for the Regant Mutants, which would be a playable faction also. (see this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=121142)

E. Cryton
08-06-05, 18:55
all the leet kids would probably join it

coz only the leet kids are lame enough to join a faction which allows them to kill all their enemies without losing sl.

Obsidian X
08-06-05, 19:01
coz only the leet kids are lame enough to join a faction to be able to kill all their enemies without losing sl.

Whether that was a flame on the fact I used the term "leet kids" to describe the kind of people who would flock to -FN-'s vision of the Anarchy Breed, or whether its Cryton swinging his dick around at the fact that he loves to PK his own faction, I don't know. And frankly I don't care.

AB shouldn't be enemy to all - factionless should. "No Faction" is actually a faction, and they should make the KOS to everyone, so Eric can continue his grudge against the world without abusing the poorly construed SL/FS system. :rolleyes: :p

E. Cryton
08-06-05, 19:08
Cryton swinging his dick around at the fact that he loves to PK his own faction, I don't know.

actually i dont pk city mercs.

shit, now my enis is knottet because of swinging it around all the time :mad:

Jesterthegreat
08-06-05, 19:33
actually i dont pk city mercs.

you should try it sometime ;)

Vae Victis
09-06-05, 13:18
why does everyone think PKers are kids ?
THATS the attitude and mind of the 50+ ppl we have in the community, tb-FUCKING-h

coz usually its them who are the biggest carebears (look @ JackScratch, he was old, biggest carebear ive seen)
only "kid" and wannabe PKer i know is mint fear

(and mac10-d if any1 remembers him :lol: )

Mechanicus
09-06-05, 13:22
haha i remember mac10-d

Dargeshaad
09-06-05, 13:24
why does everyone think PKers are kids ?
THATS the attitude and mind of the 50+ ppl we have in the community, tb-FUCKING-h

coz usually its them who are the biggest carebears (look @ JackScratch, he was old, biggest carebear ive seen)
only "kid" and wannabe PKer i know is mint fear

(and mac10-d if any1 remembers him :lol: )
I think the PK'ers usually get the kid brand because they're the most mouthy, bragging about their kills and telling other people how much they suck and how good they are themself. I mean no grown up would do that right? right??!!
I see myself as a pk'er and i honestly don't care what other people think about me, because to me it's all about the game and how you play it. To me getting a reaction from another player, be it bad or good is what makes this game enjoyable for me.

Vae Victis
09-06-05, 13:33
I stopped allied PKing when I deleted all my chars

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 14:09
haha i remember mac10-d

wasnt.he.that.guy.without.the.space.key.?only.runcasting.heal.hc.tank.i.knew.in.n1.

and ofc, all the pkers are14yer old kids, with no rl (friends), with a tiny enis and a huge amout of spots in their face...
i mean in ice's case its true, but thats just an exception which proves the rule.

Mechanicus
09-06-05, 14:33
i only remember mac10-d from when he was a hybrid that used to pk in aggy pits, i remember slutsumi being the first runcasting heal tank

Morganth
09-06-05, 14:35
I think the PK'ers usually get the kid brand because they're the most mouthy, bragging about their kills and telling other people how much they suck and how good they are themself. I mean no grown up would do that right? right??!!
I see myself as a pk'er and i honestly don't care what other people think about me, because to me it's all about the game and how you play it. To me getting a reaction from another player, be it bad or good is what makes this game enjoyable for me.

I'm not mouthy about my kills. I don't even contact the person I've killed (unless I am telling them they can come collect their belt and I won't kill them again). When I've got my SL situation sorted I think I might complete my personal KoS list inside the city, provided they don't have a PPU tickling their prostrate gland (and they'll know who they are as well, which makes matters worse).

Vae Victis
09-06-05, 15:05
wasnt.he.that.guy.without.the.space.key.?only.runcasting.heal.hc.tank.i.knew.in.n1.

and ofc, all the pkers are14yer old kids, with no rl (friends), with a tiny enis and a huge amout of spots in their face...
i mean in ice's case its true, but thats just an exception which proves the rule.thats why i got a fucking hot gf and i go out everyday with my friends and drink alcohol for 21 yrs and older :lol:

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 16:40
yankeeboi isnt that hot tbh.

Vae Victis
09-06-05, 18:00
ya but linz (his ex he never ever met irl) is hot :p

webcam <3

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 19:14
the only person u get on webcam is mage tbh ;)

Vae Victis
09-06-05, 19:32
nope :p
ask linz ;)

bah, get back to topic eric :D

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 19:34
its not hard to grasp...

no matter what age group you look at... there are assholes.

look at some of the shitty child management programs on TV for wee ones, look as mint fear for teenage and look at general assholes for above.

race / age / sex / religion doesnt mean anything... some people are just assholes. (and no... lets not start discussing any of the topics that i just mentioned as most arent allowed :p)

Nidhogg
09-06-05, 19:57
Get back on topic please. Re-read the first post if necessary.

N

Jesterthegreat
09-06-05, 21:03
Get back on topic please. Re-read the first post if necessary.

N

how about some kk related input too? AB was considered in closed beta, but decided against. if kk wont use such idea's its best to just say so, rather than telling us to continue "on topic".

so...

is this a pointless discussion?

E. Cryton
09-06-05, 21:56
goddamn, let us talk about whatever we want -.- ..
and nobody will get hurt !!