PDA

View Full Version : Torches

Dribble Joy
31-05-05, 16:24
This has been annoying my slightly for a while, I know it's not a priority, but nm.

Torches are still held with it going through the fingers, rather than 90 degrees round in the palm like they should be. Also, in 3rd person, could they possibly be set so that they point where the recticle is going?
Not just for the person using them, but so those around don't get lights all over the place when someone runs past.

Daft I know, but it's the little things.

Heavyporker
31-05-05, 16:34
They're called "flashlights" you damned brit. :P

Yeah, a bit annoying in the discontinuity.

My dearest wish in regards to this is that the damn flashlights and vehicle headlights would just WORK IN THE FREAKING WASTELANDS, GAH!

Sakletare
31-05-05, 16:39
I second that. ;)

WORK IN THE FREAKING WASTELANDS, GAH!
And that too. :)

Original monk
31-05-05, 16:57
This has been annoying my slightly for a while, I know it's not a priority, but nm.

Daft I know, but it's the little things.

i feel the same, i loved using flashlights in NC1, they give you that cool nooblook, certainly on a spy :) .. now when in first person they shine up and down and up and down and up and down ...

make it back like old times ! :angel:

numb
31-05-05, 17:45
Yeah I wish you would hold the flashlights like you hold your weapons when they are ready to fire. Always wanted to be able to walk in a cave with your mates with only one of you having to hold the flashlight, providing light for the whole team.

Vae Victis
31-05-05, 18:21
Yeah I wish you would hold the flashlights like you hold your weapons when they are ready to fire. Always wanted to be able to walk in a cave with your mates with only one of you having to hold the flashlight, providing light for the whole team.
"you guys shoot all the mobs in this cave, I'll prove light while I leech from u guys"

Nullvoid
31-05-05, 18:34
hmm that would make for a pretty atmospheric caving experience if ur only light was coming from flashlights...

Original monk
31-05-05, 18:38
hmm that would make for a pretty atmospheric caving experience if ur only light was coming from flashlights...

darn yeah and it would give those flashlights on weapons a decent use :)

imagine a fully dark doy3 tunnel .. suddenly an xraybeam flying towards you closely followed by 3 120/120 doombeamershots from them warriors :) great !

Obsidian X
31-05-05, 18:41
darn yeah and it would give those flashlights on weapons a decent use :)

imagine a fully dark doy3 tunnel .. suddenly an xraybeam flying towards you closely followed by 3 120/120 doombeamershots from them warriors :) great !

In NC1 I used to use my flashlight to navigate the wastelands, caves etc all the time, until someone told me to just turn up the brightness in the options. That sort of killed the atmosphere :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
31-05-05, 18:55
Has anyone tried finding their way into the Crystal Caves at Redrock recently? It's damn near impossible even with brightness up to ridiculous levels. So off i go to buy a torch... sorry... "flashlight":rolleyes: and i see....absolutely nothing. O_o

Perhaps my batteries were dead?

Sakletare
31-05-05, 20:03
Has anyone tried finding their way into the Crystal Caves at Redrock recently? It's damn near impossible even with brightness up to ridiculous levels. So off i go to buy a torch... sorry... "flashlight":rolleyes: and i see....absolutely nothing. O_o

Perhaps my batteries were dead?
Nah, they only work in the cities. Damn Reeza!

[TgR]KILLER
31-05-05, 20:10
don't think they only work in the city lol.. actually i know thats bs. found out when you got an uber drugflash and somebody shines in your eyes you can see perfectly clear a few months back.

i remember the first time me and husk went out of nc. world was HUGE to us back then. i remember getting lost ( in nc entrance zone lol ) and husk came and find me with a flashlight. as it got dark i lost the way :p

CMaster
31-05-05, 20:13
Heh - same with fusion flash it breaks drugflash at its peak.
But yeah, wish they worked in the wastes.
And the completley black dungeons sound cool. "What gun should I bring?" "The one you flashlighted" "K"

Jesterthegreat
31-05-05, 20:18
flashlight mods should do something interesting like make stealthers slightly more visable

[TgR]KILLER
31-05-05, 20:20
flashlight mods should do something interesting like make stealthers slightly more visable

din't stealth work by breaking light into nothing ? doubt flashlight work work there :p

but cool idea none the less. lol

Jesterthegreat
31-05-05, 20:45
KILLER']din't stealth work by breaking light into nothing ? doubt flashlight work work there :p

but cool idea none the less. lol

it doesnt break it into nothing...

its still visable. more light = more blueness?

Superbron
31-05-05, 21:09

Yeah, a bit annoying in the discontinuity.

My dearest wish in regards to this is that the damn flashlights and vehicle headlights would just WORK IN THE FREAKING WASTELANDS, GAH!
As flashlights don't really flash, I would prefer to call them torches instead :D

Anyway: would be nice if lights would actually work in the wastelands yeah!

zii
31-05-05, 22:36
Its a torch. Flashlights just sound camp, and take longer to saw and write as they have more letters and more syllabals. hehe

Infinite
31-05-05, 22:41
Loved running around with a torch in my hand... p2 when ever AFK.. had to have a torch in ya hand.. or doing anything but PVP lol.

FIX TEH TORCHS!! :)

Tratos
01-06-05, 00:39
Its a torch. Flashlights just sound camp, and take longer to saw and write as they have more letters and more syllabals. hehe
like sidewalk, trashcan, elevator etc, cough, lol Torches:p

Yeah a nice fix to torches and headlights would be v nice :D

zii
01-06-05, 01:03

Lift those bins of the pavements, and put 'em into Neocron's town centre. :lol:

nobby
01-06-05, 02:10

excuse me but we started the Language so WE have right of way :p

anyway, I prefered it in NC 1 where you could blind people with the "TORCHES"!

Bozz-Von Mel
01-06-05, 03:30
"The history of the language can be traced back to the arrival of three Germanic tribes to the British Isles during the 5th Century AD. Angles, Saxons and Jutes crossed the North Sea from what is the present day Denmark and northern Germany. The inhabitants of Britain previously spoke a Celtic language. This was quickly displaced. Most of the Celtic speakers were pushed into Wales, Cornwall and Scotland. One group migrated to the Brittany Coast of France where their descendants still speak the Celtic Language of Breton today. The Angles were named from Engle, their land of origin. Their language was called Englisc from which the word, English derives."

An Anglo-Saxon inscription dated between 450 and 480AD is the oldest sample of the English language.

Hmm, even the English lanuguage came from somewhere else. I still say keep flashlight. Oh, and fix them btw.

Pungent77
04-06-05, 01:36
"you guys shoot all the mobs in this cave, I'll prove light while I leech from u guys"
:) :) :) :)hehehe

Heavyporker
04-06-05, 01:45
What I really wish, though, that Psi Monks could have like a psi module OR a natural ability to hold up their hand and generate a little glow.. kinda like a "mind-lamp" or someshit. Would be truly awesome.

Sakletare
04-06-05, 02:00
What I really wish, though, that Psi Monks could have like a psi module OR a natural ability to hold up their hand and generate a little glow.. kinda like a "mind-lamp" or someshit. Would be truly awesome.
I've heard that there was a spell like that early in the game. It caused the whole zone to lag and was removed.
(if i recall the stories i've heard correctly)

Semblus
09-06-05, 11:02

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! The flashlight weapon mod does actaully do something , forgot what it was tho.

Tidus_Origin
09-06-05, 11:05
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! The flashlight weapon mod does actaully do something , forgot what it was tho.

It blinds ppl? :lol:

Morganth
09-06-05, 11:34
Yeah, I agree Dribble. The torches should work the way they are supposed to work. When I walk around with a torch, it always goes where I point it, not as if I have it attached to my belt, turned on and pointing down as I walk.

In naming those examples you've only pointed out the fact that the American language was made for simpletons. Every noun you've named there is just an amalgamation of two words describing exactly what is going on (except elevator of course, thats just America trying to get one-up-manship). Its almost like you are promoting retardedness.

Sidewalk - walking on the side of the road/on the pavement
Trashcan - Rubbish goes in the bin
Flashlight - look mommy, the light flashes when I press the button

:rolleyes:

Original monk
09-06-05, 13:06

mindglow, in diffrent colours, WHOA :cool:

Vae Victis
09-06-05, 13:09
disco caving ?

ROZZER187
09-06-05, 18:18
disco caving ?

lmfao

Digital-Talios
09-06-05, 20:10
bah just turn up your brightness and contrast settings... then youll be needing these :cool:

Richard Blade
11-06-05, 19:22
Yeah, I agree Dribble. The torches should work the way they are supposed to work. When I walk around with a torch, it always goes where I point it, not as if I have it attached to my belt, turned on and pointing down as I walk.

In naming those examples you've only pointed out the fact that the American language was made for simpletons. Every noun you've named there is just an amalgamation of two words describing exactly what is going on (except elevator of course, thats just America trying to get one-up-manship). Its almost like you are promoting retardedness.

Sidewalk - walking on the side of the road/on the pavement
Trashcan - Rubbish goes in the bin
Flashlight - look mommy, the light flashes when I press the button

:rolleyes:

I don’t appreciate being called a simpleton just because my national language is different from yours.

A conversation about an ingame item is no reason to start bashing Americans.

I thought the NC community had outgrown that?

Yeah, fix the hand held illumination devices. :P

Morganth
11-06-05, 19:50
I don’t appreciate being called a simpleton just because my national language is different from yours.

A conversation about an ingame item is no reason to start bashing Americans.

I thought the NC community had outgrown that?

Yeah, fix the hand held illumination devices. :P

I didn't say Americans were simpletons, I said the language was made for simpletons. Windows is made for simpletons, yet some of the most successful companies in the world that contain intellectual people that know better still use it. A lot of my friends happen to be American, so I don't practice American bashing (unless its in a joke of course, or in retaliation to Brit bashing).

Richard Blade
11-06-05, 20:19
I didn't say Americans were simpletons, I said the language was made for simpletons. Windows is made for simpletons, yet some of the most successful companies in the world that contain intellectual people that know better still use it. A lot of my friends happen to be American, so I don't practice American bashing (unless its in a joke of course, or in retaliation to Brit bashing).

:D Well, when you add windows in comparisson...
I'm sorry I jumped to that conclusion and I would edit my post, but time ran out.
Maybe a mod could remove anything inflammatory from my above post.

Morganth
11-06-05, 21:26
:D Well, when you add windows in comparisson...
I'm sorry I jumped to that conclusion and I would edit my post, but time ran out.
Maybe a mod could remove anything inflammatory from my above post.

Don't worry about it, the English language is designed for people that moan all the time, are generally grumpy and experience more rain in their lifetime than the Amazon rainforest. Each countries language suits their lifestyle :p