PDA

View Full Version : How about making an ACTUAL Spy?

ArgieD
31-05-05, 13:28
I used to play a CS-type of game called Enemy Territory and as far as I can remember, there was a Special Forces unit that had a feature which could be well applied in NC.

Upon killing the enemy, you could nick his uniform. Then you could approach your enemies looking like him and do some business. You could go undetected as long as you didn't draw your weapon, shooting, or standing too close to the enemy units. Also, in case of the enemy having a certain skill of awareness at high level you'd get spotted by them (but not from the rest). Proper interesting, let me tell you.

Would you like this happening in NC? I imagine, this can be a good spy or even PE feature.

What do you think? Please give me your input..

Cheers

Xeno LARD
31-05-05, 13:33
Called Holovests.
Not working and quite useless in its current state anyway. o_O

Xephonas
31-05-05, 13:40
Stealth, and yea, these holovests, i think you can look like any kinda of class you want.

But you dont exactly have "uniforms" in Neocorn do you? Not like you could kill someone, take his Twilight Guardian badge and walk into DOY.

Unless it was implemented :)

Dribble Joy
31-05-05, 14:12
Instead of outfitters, I think we should have a new set of slots in the armour window for actual clothe items.

Tankz0r
31-05-05, 14:13
yes you should be able to wear a suit drink martini and quip one liners :p

Jesterthegreat
31-05-05, 14:20
holo vests are useless...

if they at least changed your displayed faction they could be of some use...

ArgieD
31-05-05, 16:13
But you dont exactly have "uniforms" in Neocorn do you? Not like you could kill someone, take his Twilight Guardian badge and walk into DOY.

Unless it was implemented :)

This is exactly what I was thinking..

msdong
31-05-05, 16:58

there was a post from KK that holovest are far from what they should have been. so point 1024 on the to do list is complete Holovest development.

aquacoder
31-05-05, 17:06
Holovest are not playable on male chars with facial hair... Just to explain the situation... if you use a female holo vest, you will still have your beard 8|
Looks really weird :p

Vae Victis
31-05-05, 17:39
good idea, I loved playing RTCW ET :)

Obsidian X
31-05-05, 17:50
Yep, Holovests could have some use if they could at least get you past faction guards. As it stands, they're only useful atm for novelty value, and even then they gimp the shit out of you (-30 DEX I think).

Superbron
31-05-05, 22:19
Holovest are not playable on male chars with facial hair... Just to explain the situation... if you use a female holo vest, you will still have your beard 8|
Looks really weird :p
I can imagine :lol:

Right!!!

zii
31-05-05, 22:30
Yep, Holovests could have some use if they could at least get you past faction guards. As it stands, they're only useful atm for novelty value, and even then they gimp the shit out of you (-30 DEX I think).

Amusingly enough, my spy can put one on, but as soon she puts the vest on, the -30 pullls her DEX beneath the vest's requirements, which means the item goes black, and cannot be used. I then have to relog to get the implants back in. Really useful.

And I bought two of them. Sigh.

The Ottoman
31-05-05, 23:39
All of this sounds good except there is no thing like factionuniforms. Why not have your tag show the enemies tag temporarely?

Vae Victis
31-05-05, 23:54
Looks really weird :pjust say ur char is from the middle east :D

BaDDaSS
01-06-05, 00:03
Instead of outfitters, I think we should have a new set of slots in the armour window for actual clothe items.

Like the ones that showed up in NC2 Beta :)

Superbron
01-06-05, 10:32
just say ur char is from the middle east :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: