PDA

View Full Version : An idea for WoC items

Freaky Fryd
29-05-05, 13:54
Seeing there's no CST backbones, and no RES cpus (like the Construction Chips), why not tie them into WoC?

1st Idea:
CST backbones and RES cpus easily available (BT and FA FSMs?), but the only requirement on them is a WoC INT skill that matches their level.
Example: CST backbone 1 would need WoC INT +1, and CST backone 3 would need WoC INT +3

This allows the serious tradeskillers to make better use of themselves, as well make the serious levellers think about imp-swapping for multi-modes more seriously (rifle spy becomes constructor with swapping of imps)

2nd Idea:
Once WoC INT +1 skill is completed, the runner can take on a mission (mini-epic) that gives them the CST backbone 1 or RES cpu 1.
Once WoC INT +2 skill is completed, they can take on a mission to get one of the level 2 imps.
No requirements (or matching requirements to the CST/RES counterpart)

These items would be extremely rare for a long time, give more content to those that have played on a long time, but leave the items open for those that have tradeskiller that isn't/won't be close to WoC.

Thoughts?

eprodigy
29-05-05, 19:18
its not a bad idea, but really im not sure anyone would spend the time getting a WOC level for a res cpu, and if they arent a pure resser they probably wouldnt waste the spot.

Freaky Fryd
29-05-05, 23:32
Yeah, but there will be people hitting WoC with trying...
My tank hit WoC STR +1 and his CON still isn't capped.
Someone that's lommed from Pistols to Rifles and back might hit WoC INT +1 just trying to cap their DEX. For people like that, to get such a rare chip would be a nice bonus...especially if they know they wouldn't ever get to DEX +1.

enigma_b17
29-05-05, 23:40
its not a bad idea, but really im not sure anyone would spend the time getting a WOC level for a res cpu, and if they arent a pure resser they probably wouldnt waste the spot.

depends on what bonus they give, theres only like what 3 brain imps that give research: hawking/special science/th cpu, other imps that give research are the ad nerves 3 and the glove, but tbh if another res cpu came out I probably would throw it in my ressers head.

Freaky Fryd
30-05-05, 07:55
Could even be worth removing an LE for...

Superbron
30-05-05, 08:43
its not a bad idea, but really im not sure anyone would spend the time getting a WOC level for a res cpu, and if they arent a pure resser they probably wouldnt waste the spot.Agreed: very hard for a trade-skiller to even cap DEX and INT, not to mention WoC-levels... :( Nice idea though.

Original monk
30-05-05, 09:34
nice idea tough i keep the disks itself for when kk start to implement nice monkgear :) (im allready dreaming about monknerves, rare poisonbeams, xray/force beams etc :P)

enigma_b17
30-05-05, 09:48
yea and these new rare ppu spells :D

holy para-carpet (rare barrell, obvious :P)
holy para-fog (rare sanctum, para's any1 in range of sanctum, like heal sanctum)
holy para-shield (rare shield, para's any1 who attacks ppu)

Jesterthegreat
30-05-05, 10:56
Agreed: very hard for a trade-skiller to even cap DEX and INT, not to mention WoC-levels... :( Nice idea though.

you gotta be shitting me...

if they release a woc#1 res chip (ressing) or better yet a TH CPU like thing for WOC#1 i'll take one. we got a resser with well over woc#1.

Original monk
30-05-05, 13:22
yea and these new rare ppu spells :D

holy para-carpet (rare barrell, obvious :P)
holy para-fog (rare sanctum, para's any1 in range of sanctum, like heal sanctum)
holy para-shield (rare shield, para's any1 who attacks ppu)

im still in favour of making para mob only .. but if it has to stay this way then i would like these 3 yah :D ... when parabarrels where still in i loved parabarreling PP completly :) looked so nice lol .. extremely efficient to dismantle big groups of fighters camping the zoneline hehe

hey hey, these idea's lemme think of another one lol: a Fire Apocalypse Sanctum (FAS) everyone comming in the area 2-3 meters around the caster will be set on fire :P can you imagine the looks of the sanctum ? like the TSS but then with little pieces of fire floating around :)

aquacoder
30-05-05, 14:46
What about some nice WoC 1 PSI items like Eyes that give you +STR or/and +Resist Force. Would be something very useful.

imper1um
30-05-05, 16:32
I'd rather see some better foreign cast only shields, heals and buffs for WoC PSI, instead of (self-cast included) shields, heals, buffs and para.

Here's what I would like to see:

(All downsideless)
WoC INT: CST/RES Backbones, Better CST/RES/IMP Gloves, CST/RES/HCK Eyes, HCK/IMP/RES/CST/WPW Chips
WoC STR: M-C/H-C Head chips, Better Boneforcements, M-C/H-C/TRA/FOR Backbones
WoC DEX: Better REC/REP Gloves, Better P-C/R-C/T-C Eyes, AGL/T-C Backbones, AGL/T-C/RCL Chips
WoC CON: Better CON Resist Hearts, HLT/END/ATL Chips, Better HLT/END/ATL Backbones
WoC PSI: Better Foreign Cast Only Shields/Heals/Buffs, Better Poison/Energy/Force/Fire Beams and Barrels

That's the WoC I would like to see.

Infinite
30-05-05, 17:05
I like the initial idea, tradeskill imps for WOC would bew kewl.

Not many tradeimps out there and new ones would be kewl, be nice if a high WOC int spy would be a great tradeskiller and a not gimped combat spy with the change of some imps.