PDA

View Full Version : Community Update on 007?

Tratos
29-05-05, 00:40
The names File, Plan File, Licence to thrill! (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)

I know i need to be shot for that but i couldnt help it but when that plan file was released i really was thrilled on what Neocron was going to be like when Closed Beta arrived...but....

Nid any chance we can have a new community update based around PF007? with updates on some of the features mentioned in there that havnt arrived yet or are still being worked on?

The main ones being:

1.5 Cyberspace and HackNet - i know HN is being worked on and such but are there any updates on the Phoenix CPU development, have the coders managed to beat the engine into submission to get it working?

1.6 NPC Vendors for Players - Progess on this heavily wanted feature?

1.9 New Player Character Models - Not so much the models them selves but things mentioned in this section of the Plan File like more options for heads and clothes etc, outfitters, hair dressers for altering hair cuts and quoting the plan file - "Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette."

1.12 New Mobs and Creatures - The 'new' mobs ingame cant really be considered new for the most part as there just old models with adjusted scale or level with different names are there any updates on us getting the new higher detailed models for current mobs and some brand spanking new mobs altogether?

1.16 StockX 2.0 - The stock exchange of Neocron - An out of game website which mirrors the ingame stock market is mentioned in this section, any word on this?

1.17 Wisdom of Ceres Skills - Any updates on the skills the weapons and the closed biogenetic labs?

2 Miscellaneous new features in Neocron - Beyond Dome of York - Taken from the PlanFile:
extension of the possibilities and significance of factions (e.g. administration of faction taxes by the faction council)
snowfall
integration of city gliders

Im sure people will and will want to add questions to this list and i (and most likly alot if not all of the community) would like to see a new community update on these matters as the update scheme which started out marvelously seems to have faded away...

Original monk
29-05-05, 01:00
yeah, put in the james bond patch :angel:

eprodigy
29-05-05, 04:48
no wonder they removed the old plan files from the new site, they are just funny to read.

1.8 Wastelands Upgrade - "general atmosphere will be strongly improved by graphics updates like new sky textures, realistic lighting and shadows, water- and weather effects" no

1.9 New Player Character Models - "After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette" no

1.12 New Mobs and Creatures - " number of enemies/monsters will be increased" no

1.15 GUI - Graphical User Interface - "This will not only be based on .., but also ergonomic considerations." no :cool:

1.17 Wisdom of Ceres Skill - "will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools." one, that we've already had for ages.

2 Miscellaneous new features in Neocron - Beyond Dome of York - "administration of faction taxes" , "snowfall" no, no

trigger hurt
29-05-05, 04:56
haven't you people learned that the things elluded to in the plan files are nothing more than wishful thinking? Rarely do they ever see the light of day. If they do make it into game, they are bug ridden and boring just like the rest of the game.

Jesterthegreat
29-05-05, 04:58
the sky looks nicer...

and the water is an improvement on the nc1 water...

nope, thats all the positive i can think of to comment here.

Opar
29-05-05, 09:35
Annoys me sometimes reading that planfile, because im 90% sure that a lot of it would be easy to implement.

Like SNOW! It's just fatter, whiter rain!!!

msdong
29-05-05, 10:59
i allways wonder why ppl allways pick snow as one of their most wanted features.

yes we want player shops, a OP map outside the game would be nice - same goes for stoxx.

and then again we are waiting on the activation of 3 new guns (maybe more if they make different levels) a new vhc.

we have the hacknet that is only for OP fighting, because the faction database can be accessed by any noob, its much easier to make a new char them to build codebreakers (mobs falling to the ground).

VHC are allmost uselessbecause they get nuked in PvP pretty easy and are not woth the money.

monks roam the land like there is allmost no other class on the server

lots of stuff to fix, SNOW is just a useless effect

Nidhogg
29-05-05, 12:35
plan n. A proposed or tentative project or course of action.

We post plan files as a way of illustrating to you guys the direction of our thinking; they are aims that we set ourselves for the future of the game. Some of those aims are met, some are met but not "approved" by a section of the community (e.g. player models) and some are deferred or removed in order to prioritise the bigger issues. We set out to achieve our plans but sometimes we simply can't, or at least not in the timescales we originally set for ourselves.

For me, the resolution of some of the sync and crash issues is more important than features such as accessories and that's my main focus with the devs. Some of the other issues, such as player shops, WoC etc. are also right up there on the list, but I'm not going to waste a second asking for things like snow until the major points are knocked off.

Also, bear in mind that there are plenty of things in game that have never been on a plan file.

N

eprodigy
29-05-05, 19:19
Also, bear in mind that there are plenty of things in game that have never been on a plan file.

yeah like the /me command guys!! we can ROLEPLAY now huray.

Heavyporker
29-05-05, 20:19
/me command seems borked to fucked. Methinks it was a waste of time.

Anyways, snow isn't just the snowfall, though that'd be extremely easy to implement falling snow. We're also talking about piles of snow on the ground.

trigger hurt
29-05-05, 23:32
yeah like the /me command guys!! we can ROLEPLAY now huray.

speaking of that. I renewed my account to see how things were going with the game a couple weeks back then got busy at work. During that time, the patch with the "/me" in it came out. I saw the patch notes and thought to myself "it's been almost 3 years since this game came out and they're just putting this in and they expect us to be excited about it?" I showed some people in the org i'm in on AO that and they just laughed. I couldn't help but laugh myself.

Nidhogg
29-05-05, 23:46
It's entirely up to you whether you like it or not. The simple fact is that it's something that the community wanted, it was something fairly straightforward to implement and we implemented it. Why do you feel the need to take something positive like that and turn it into a taunt?

N

[TgR]KILLER
29-05-05, 23:53
Why do you feel the need to take something positive like that and turn it into a taunt?

N

because half of this community aint worth shit not even to comment on ;x

i like the /me thing actually use it. 99% of the people playing this game forgot this is still a RPG to and not a merge FPS. roleplayers did always use * * do define actions and now can use /me i actually use it alot now to.

Heavyporker
30-05-05, 00:12
Look, not ragging on the /me command... but...

Whenever I type it, I get something like this:

"
/me whistles
heavyporker: *whistles
"

This... this is nasty. It should have been seamless. as in:

"
/me whistles
heavyporker whistles
"

Tratos
30-05-05, 00:32
When i first logged in i used this

/me scratches his arse

and it gave out

*Quoth scratches his arse

Which is correct aint it? the * makes its stand out a lil from other text imho.

[TgR]KILLER
30-05-05, 01:02
Look, not ragging on the /me command... but...

Whenever I type it, I get something like this:
"
/me whistles
heavyporker: *whistles
"

this is actually what it gives out.. from console log.

05-24-2005 21:43:17 > /me thinks rah is wierd
05-24-2005 21:43:17 > * Angela Dazers thinks rah is wierd

and like said the * just makes it stands out from the standard text like we normally do something like *cough* you will get *name coughs now or something.

Ghanima
30-05-05, 05:04
plan n. A proposed or tentative project or course of action.

We post plan files as a way of illustrating to you guys the direction of our thinking; they are aims that we set ourselves for the future of the game. Some of those aims are met, some are met but not "approved" by a section of the community (e.g. player models) and some are deferred or removed in order to prioritise the bigger issues. We set out to achieve our plans but sometimes we simply can't, or at least not in the timescales we originally set for ourselves.

For me, the resolution of some of the sync and crash issues is more important than features such as accessories and that's my main focus with the devs. Some of the other issues, such as player shops, WoC etc. are also right up there on the list, but I'm not going to waste a second asking for things like snow until the major points are knocked off.

N

Sort of a weak answer considing most of those planned items were used as major selling points for NC2.

As for sync and crash issues they have been going on since NC1. Saying that your trying to fix them now seems like a case of too little too late, although I would like to see them dealt with.

I get the feeling that KK are not providing any new time table for completing "missing" content and fixing current content for fear of losing a good chunk of the long term hang on population that are still hoping things will get better myself included.

Ghanima :angel: