PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually like the GR rules?

Opar
28-05-05, 23:08
Okay, simple tbh, does anyone actually LIKE the GR rules?

What do they achieve, apart from putting new players off as they can't hunt at certain spots without running X number of miles, only to be killed by some 'OMFG RED=DED' kacknoob :wtf:

Ah well, I was just thinking about the old days, where you could GR wherever to bloody hell you pleased. I see no problem with the old system, at ALL.

And they, if you want to punish people fo GRing through a hostile GR, give them more Si than they would if they were neutral/allied.

BradSTL
28-05-05, 23:25
I like 'em. They're one more thing that makes outposts worth fighting for. They also means that if some group is attacking an outpost, they can't just use a couple of people to guard the genrep and then teleport in an endless supply of attackers, that attackers actually have to group and regroup elsewhere and travel. Before, it was like that brief period when implants weren't popping out - there was no reason to ever end an op fight, because you could just keep genrepping back into it every time you fell down.

Dribble Joy
28-05-05, 23:38
Yes an no.
Though frankly, I want a number of changes made to OPs in general, not just the GR rules.

msdong
28-05-05, 23:53
use LE, use VHC.

i think there should be a few new areas near NC with highlevel mobs but imo GRin' is far to easy.

Shenyu Reza
29-05-05, 00:11
Keep the rules, and... why we don't get money while we got an op now?

IceStorm
29-05-05, 00:12
Don't care. I spec enough VHC for all my chars to drive at least the chaincraft bike. If it isn't open, it's within range of an ASG...

Xephonas
29-05-05, 02:41
Fine as they are i think

(big brother just has different versions of chavs apart from kemal/derek/scary mary)

Dribble Joy
29-05-05, 02:45
Keep the rules, and... why we don't get money while we got an op now?
I thought OPs still gave cash...

Anyway, they shouldn't. Too much cash going into the system.

GRing is too easy, too safe and doesn't help vehicle use.

Infinite
29-05-05, 03:50
I thought OPs still gave cash...

Anyway, they shouldn't. Too much cash going into the system.

GRing is too easy, too safe and doesn't help vehicle use.

WoW i agree with you totally... makes a change.

OPs give a bonus in skill... might not be vital but hey people don't fight for the cash they fight for the colour wtc. Stop OPs giving cash jsut 50% the money from GRing.

RDevz
29-05-05, 07:33
i think there should be a few new areas near NC with highlevel mobs but imo GRin' is far to easy.

I take it you've never driven ENE from NC's front door then? If I remember correctly, eventually you'll run into some Y-reps. Those wee buggers hurt.

msdong
29-05-05, 10:41
I take it you've never driven ENE from NC's front door then? If I remember correctly, eventually you'll run into some Y-reps. Those wee buggers hurt.

hmm, D12 is not exactly near NC. if we look to MB and doy we have highlevel mobs 3 sectors away, caves 1-2 sectors.

well yes you have sherman bay, point red - they are pretty near but to get rares you have to cross half the map. and there are a lot of empty sectors near NC to fill.

getting money from ops isnt exactly bad - better is getting money from USED OPs. but thats another story.

the current system offer not enough cons to walk or drive. losing a complete VHC (pretty easy) is like losing a day of hard work(for highlevels). using the GR is like loosing ˜5 mobkills.

IceStorm
29-05-05, 12:28
to get rares you have to cross half the map.Once. There are rare-dropping mobs within three zones of Tech Haven's north exit. Once you've tagged the TH GR, it's easy to get to rare hunting grounds.
losing a complete VHC (pretty easy) Huh? I've never lost a vehicle. I've destroyed one of my own on purpose, but never lost one. With the new Starter Quad, no one need lose a vehicle again for the sake of transport.

msdong
29-05-05, 13:34
....Huh? I've never lost a vehicle. I've destroyed one of my own on purpose, but never lost one. With the new Starter Quad, no one need lose a vehicle again for the sake of transport.

yes the red quad is a good thing, but its not a normal VHC and there are lots of others that turn useless now.
most vhc are useless in PvP and op fights and i dont speak of snipin a lonsome player huntin or fighting another player.
its just candy on the old rotten corps,

[TgR]KILLER
29-05-05, 13:48
gr rules keep enemies out of your zone and makes them run an age to attack your op..

with all gr's open its way to easy for them to just come back since they can gr anywere they want.

alot of the leveling spot gr's were open tho. i know ff always had grant and gab open for people to level at. i know they closed them at some point because people started to attack the ops and gr open = ug open. so hard to defend when they are in the ug already.

and leveling @ cyc is a nono anywere without le :p like you said it is a red=dead zone ;x

Opar
29-05-05, 13:57
There should be more OP options too, then.

UG - Locked/Unlocked
GR - Open but with extra si/Open for all/Open for allies/Closed

Also, OPs should have gates that are pretty hard to destroy.

Skusty
29-05-05, 14:52
Keep em, what if enemys gr in to ya op hide with 50si then make fast attack O_o

Hoernerice
29-05-05, 15:32
i hate this gr rules. nombers of fights went down.... ppl have to walk long ways sometimes.... crash sync. so it could be that u have to wait 30min for the next atack wave..... boring.

Vae Victis
29-05-05, 15:45
thats why u have grs like DRT, el farid, point red and BD

Obsidian X
29-05-05, 16:00
I think GR rules should be more complex - such as an allow list and an ignore list- or the option to Allow except (List) or Block all except (List).

IceStorm
29-05-05, 17:34
its not a normal VHCIt's incredibly easy to get, especially for people with multiple accounts.
most vhc are useless in PvP and op fightsSo walk to those, or are you completely against the idea of using op GRs as a barrier to invasion?

Nullvoid
29-05-05, 18:24
GR rules are good as they stand. One more public gr towards the northeast of the map wouldn't go amiss though.

edit- actually making a public gr in the old canyon is badly needed...it has all the hallmarks of a great meeting area for tradeskilling etc but it sits empty...

CMaster
29-05-05, 18:53
Its not the "old" canyon anymore its back to G canyon, and packed with TG guards... I-16 is ideal for a GR. And the rulls shoukld be changed - a "GR ALLIANCE" is badly needed.

Nullvoid
29-05-05, 19:25
but if you pop a gr next to the duelling area in the canyon there arent any guards nearby so fightnights and suchlike could easily be held :o