PDA

View Full Version : hotmail...

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 20:29
ok... i'm really getting sick of it. all day it has taken many many tries to do anything on hotmail, i am absolutely sick of reading:

Server Too Busy
We are experiencing higher than normal volume and are therefore unable to service your request at this time. Try one of the following:

* In your browser, click Refresh
* In your browser, click Back, and try again
* Wait a few minutes and try again

We apologize for this inconvenience.

whats it like for everyone else?

Morganth
28-05-05, 20:31
Not had any trouble with connecting to Hotmail, through Messenger or the website. Checked my mailbox several times today with no trouble.

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 20:40
i hate you.

:p

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 21:13
not much better...

ERROR
Due to an internal error your request cannot be processed. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

If you are attempting to reactivate your Hotmail account, we're sorry but your request cannot be processed at this time.
Please do the following:

* Close all web browser windows.
* Restart your web browser.
* Return to http://www.hotmail.com to sign in.

© 2005 Microsoft TERMS OF USE TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement Anti-Spam Policy

Tidus_Origin
28-05-05, 21:31
for some reason if i try to look at my emails from messenger, i have to enter my password twice, then it dumps me at the account options screen, meaning i have to type in the hotmail.com URL and do it that way. :confused:

thats probably the only hotmail-related problem i have atm.

Skusty
29-05-05, 15:01
i hate you.

HAte me then

i got no probs

Obsidian X
29-05-05, 15:59
hotmails clean at my end....

Mr Kot
29-05-05, 16:28
Not having that problem, but im getting really annoyed at a new hotmail "feature". Roughly every 5th mail i try to send, i get sent to a screen where i am shown a graphic of slightly fucked up numbers and i have to type the numbers i see into the box before it will let me continue and send.

A couple of times, it said i put the wrong numbers in :mad:

Even when you get it right, it throws you back to the unsent mail with a very nice message that any attachments you attached will have to be attached AGAIN before sending. :mad: :mad: :mad: Usually when i've had to search all over my hard drive for like 5 attachments

jernau
29-05-05, 17:06
Hotmail :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[TgR]KILLER
29-05-05, 17:59
not having any problems. had the server to busy a few times in all the years i use hotmail but never a day long. :S just logged into my hotmail normally

Jesterthegreat
29-05-05, 18:29
heh jer...

it was for an account for something... i knew it would bring buckets of spam, so i dumpped it on my hotmail account :p

Morganth
29-05-05, 22:22
heh jer...

it was for an account for something... i knew it would bring buckets of spam, so i dumpped it on my hotmail account :p

pr0n or software crackz perhaps?

Jesterthegreat
30-05-05, 11:03
pr0n or software crackz perhaps?

completely legal software... but from a company i don't know of, and thus don't trust :p

:edit: a company running a player run UO shard if you must know... so not exactly a big well known company :p

Morganth
30-05-05, 14:55
completely legal software... but from a company i don't know of, and thus don't trust :p

:edit: a company running a player run UO shard if you must know... so not exactly a big well known company :p

Fair enough. I just picked on the two most common things to fill your mail box in my experience :D

dark_reaper
31-05-05, 21:00
One word for hotmail, trash it and get gmail. And I can hook you up with Gmail if needed.

Jesterthegreat
31-05-05, 21:15
One word for hotmail, trash it and get gmail. And I can hook you up with Gmail if needed.

got 2 gmails and 49 invites remaining... i keep hotmail for crap :p

:edit: 49 invites on the first account... more on the second :p

dark_reaper
01-06-05, 05:51
that is what I do with my yahoo account. I have 3 e-mail accounts. Business(ccom), personal(gmail), and the crap pack(yahoo).

Capt. Rik
01-06-05, 17:24

I'd like to do that but my whole life outside of work runs through my hotmail account and it's just too much effort changing everything over :(

Plus my hotmail spam filter is pretty bloody good - it's taken time but it's extremely rare that junk get's into my inbox

Obsidian X
04-06-05, 16:49
The odd thing about Hotmail is that it seems new accounts get spammed to buggery, but my Hotmail account that I've had for about the last 5 years has never been plagued with any form of junk mail at all. That said, I only use it for signing up to crap these days, and keep important stuff in my ISP mail account.