PDA

View Full Version : Well, Mr KK Developer?

ArgieD
28-05-05, 03:56
It must have been a long period of time that I became a KK fanboi. Saw it as my duty to convince as many of my real life mates to join; so far been successful, as a few of them joined.

We all agree that the concept of this game beats other MMORPGs hands down. A few threads in the past have stated all the good points of the game and what makes it special. We all agree on that, hence we are still here playing NC2.

However, it seems that the crashes are in the up again lately. Right now, 28/05/2005 at 02.30am UK time, our entire team crashed fighting the Scorpion Queen at El Farid, 5 times in a row. Make no mistake, not just me, but all three of us. Other players who were wandering around trying to get some XP had the same problem.

It's become totally unplayable since the last two patches. You are scared to death moving levels (upwards or downwards) cos it crashes; you don't even dare to try to recycle for ammo or PSI boosters in case you crash the game by fiddling with your inventory. You can't spend more than 20 mins in one sector because it's guaranteed you gonna crash upon zoning...

Then come the bleeding Synchros. It's bad enough crashing in the middle of a fight, but rushing back to game only to find yourself synchroing, it's a different story.

You know what? I still don't mind the crashes, the lag, or the synchroes. It's lying to my mates that this shit "is soon going to get fixed" is what hurts me, and I get really pissed off.

I think it is time for the developers to give us their input. I really started losing faith (as if they give a toss tbh)

Cheers

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 04:09
it hasnt got any worse for me...

i got most of what you said for years.

zii
28-05-05, 04:56
rofl Jester; You play your rôle so well.

Dr Strange
28-05-05, 06:28
agreed argie, totally agreed

Ryen
28-05-05, 07:26
I don't know what KK is thinking in some cases. If they opened up a better dialog with the userbase, even if it was to say "Hey guys, nothing new, but one of our modelers is working on a new vehicle which may make it into the game. See ya tomorrow!" I think it would make alot of people happier. I know it would me.

Tantta
28-05-05, 09:10
I agree on this, somehow im pretty sure couple of two patches did something for the game badly.
For now i crash atleast twice at hour if im moving around and gr:ing alot.
one day at gravis we was defending our op in fight, i died 3 times because i fataled and clan mate once.

Game starts to be unplayable.

Xylaz
28-05-05, 10:01
aye, NC seems to crash a little more than usual while zonning, but hey, if u crash like 20 times in hour, 1 or 2 more doesnt really make any difference - so its hard to say

But i've found that after last patch there are alot more syncs than before for me. And every time i die its almost a certainty (like 99%) that i have an items ID missing bug. And it takes several relogs, not just one, to get rid of it.
Highly annoying, but i guess there's nothing we can do...

And about KK hehehe i wont say what i'm thinking of our oh-so-great beloved developers of NC cause it would get me banned. But i dont believe anything will change in NC. Ever.

I guess IceStorm's advice was a good one after all. Its a broken, buggy game and it will stay like this (or will be getting worse...) - either play it if u can or stop if u cant take it. No other options here, i'm afraid.

aquacoder
28-05-05, 10:41
Last 2-3 Patches brought many problems for me too:

1. First time i am trying to login a char i am ending in the black screen. Never had this before. Now i need at least 2 tries to fix it.
2. I never had any inventory obejctid problems. Now i have these very often. That way i am trying to poke my shooes and wear mine herc. Awesome....
3. Have sync problems with the server , saying something like correct the position you are not syncroneos
4. My buddy list gets broken very often or i am getting a buddy list from someone else after syncing in other person. (btw. One of the good things regarding to this error... my m8 got my buddy list by some error in system on his new char.. he was very happy :P )
5. Right click bug...
6. 50/50 syncs
7. No chance to use DX 9 on my ATi 9800 with any driver. (not new, but had to say it)
8.. just don't get me started ^^

I am loosing faith too. Hope this will be fixed one day, but i doubt it :(

Xephonas
28-05-05, 10:59
agreed, but it's not just the last 2 patches is it? it's more like the last 2 years this has been happening. Had alot of sync bugs/missing items/crashings since then and still do now.

Darkana
28-05-05, 11:16
But i've found that after last patch there are alot more syncs than before for me. And every time i die its almost a certainty (like 99%) that i have an items ID missing bug. And it takes several relogs, not just one, to get rid of it.

2. I never had any inventory obejctid problems. Now i have these very often. That way i am trying to poke my shooes and wear mine herc. Awesome....

/edit - latest update on item tracking is that the server-side changes are indeed completed and rolled out in a previous patch. Not all items are tracked, only items of "value" (the definition of "value" is yet to be determined) and we're now waiting for the access tools and support process changes to be effected. I'll give a more complete picture as and when I get the details.

*scratches her head* :angel: *runs off and leaves a rumor behind*

enigma_b17
28-05-05, 13:53
i agree argie, and the sad thing is, by the time these things are fixed there will be no-one left to experience them.

ArgieD
28-05-05, 14:20
i agree argie, and the sad thing is, by the time these things are fixed there will be no-one left to experience them.

I second that!

If they could only make an announcement every now and then to show that they somehow care. It DOES make a difference!

PS And yes, it DOES crash more often lately

Toxen
28-05-05, 16:09
I posted this in the Gliders *sigh* Thread, basicly it was a suggestion for one day every month gather the dev's gm's egm's and userbase on IRC in a channel and hold a real time meeting, disccusion about current issues with the game upcoming things and a Question and Answer Session with the users at the end.

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 16:13
the old reason not to do that was that there were too many people and it would be a spam fest.

in nc2 closed beta we had a few IRC meetings... they went well. a few of us with in depth opinions met with snowcrash later (i did, i know dribble did, some others may have) in IRC for a 1 to 1.

however if something isnt done soon we will have got to the stage were there will be no risk of spam on the IRC meetings... because only a handful of people still play :(

Toxen
28-05-05, 16:25
Not a problem, you've obviously never been to any major irc chats with celebs or well known people. You simply lock down the channel so that only dev's gm's egm's have the ability to talk in the channel with the meeting then all questions for Q and A session must be directed via a 3rd party this can be either a bot or a person, bot's kinda better as it can deal with people attempting to spam it by simply ignoring them, it can then nicely format the questions for review for by someone before they're asked in the actual channel by the person controling the bot or triggered automatically from the bot by the person. I could probably script this up but it would be on a scriptig language unsupported by alot of people except a few select hosts or a privately run system set up specially for it. But there are plenty of other bots out there im sure eggdrop as a module for it.

ROZZER187
28-05-05, 20:13
few more fatals than usual, less mem leak o_O (something i did??)
more 50/50 bugs
fatals when stood still :wtf:
and a nice screenie which i cant be arsed to find where i had 380 something million nc and minus 600 soul light.
some weapons decide to stop shooting halfway through a magazine/clip(this aint lag i have 50ping and 1k plus bandwith)

think thats about it :D

Riddle
28-05-05, 20:20
Far more fatals than usual in fact i used to get whole nights without them now im getting at least 6 an evening.

Not as bad as some of you guys but hell they are always at the worst moment normally resulting in a rep to TH for a few pokes!

As for log in hell i know its gonna take me at least 5 attempts and swapping chars involves like 10 mins of relogs due to money missing, items missing, perma synch. Definetly something up with the last set of patches

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 20:23
i have always had a minimum of 1 fatal an hour an hour.

every 4 or 5 syncs is a long (10+ second) sync or a perma sync (as ever).

my fatals have always been random. sometimes zoning, sometimes moving an item, sometimes not doing anything (standing in a n apt... no one else in there, not touching the keyboard / mouse)

mem leak is better for me since i got new memory... but thats my end.

ROZZER187
28-05-05, 20:25
i have always had a minimum of 1 fatal an hour an hour.

every 4 or 5 syncs is a long (10+ second) sync or a perma sync (as ever).

my fatals have always been random. sometimes zoning, sometimes moving an item, sometimes not doing anything (standing in a n apt... no one else in there, not touching the keyboard / mouse)

mem leak is better for me since i got new memory... but thats my end.

says the d/l whore (and ultima online) :p

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 20:27
says the d/l whore

hmm?

when i ran 512 of unbranded i could play for about an hour before reloggin for mem.

now i play for 3-4 (if i zone alot) or more (if i dont)

ROZZER187
28-05-05, 20:29
hmm?

when i ran 512 of unbranded i could play for about an hour before reloggin for mem.

now i play for 3-4 (if i zone alot) or more (if i dont)

had one meg of crucial but i dunno what i did with that,now using 512 kingston and its all good

Jesterthegreat
28-05-05, 20:42
1024 kingston platanum here

:edit: pc3200 instead of the unbranded pc2700

ArgieD
29-05-05, 12:02
Sometimes you can tell straight away that you're bugged (0 ncl/SL), so you relog.

But what about the times you seem to be "alles in ordnung" and let's say you throw away a Warbot Cola only to find your beloved you-name-it missing from your inventory upon next relogging??

...and at the same time somebody else telling his mate of his endless luck finding a you-name-it on the floor :cool:

ArgieD
29-05-05, 13:41
/edited

Vae Victis
29-05-05, 16:12
KK ask ppl for their opinion, then completely ignore it...
they're kinda like the government...

if my clan didnt play this game, I wouldnt be here, its the ingame friends that keep me playing, altho they are getting less active and they're playing UO (aint that right, Jester? :()

back to CS:S maybe? at least in CS:S you aint lying if u call someone a 12yr old cs kiddy ....

Mighty Max
29-05-05, 16:25
KK ask ppl for their opinion, then completely ignore it...
they're kinda like the government...

Don't know if you are living in an autocratic country, but tbh your comparison didnt fit way way you probably meant.

But yeah ... damn them they dont exactly do what i expect ... they ignore ALL of us :rolleyes:

Got it ?