PDA

View Full Version : Pure spy clan?

Bugs Gunny
27-05-05, 15:11
By thinking about op war tactics etc the role of the spy in op wars came to mind....

And then i started thinking.....

A clan with nothing but spies would absolutely ******** at any op fight.
Imagine 4 pistol spies, 6 raptor droners and 2 snipers + 2-3 hacknet fighters.....

Noboyd can come out of the ug die to the raptors killing them instantly, hackers? no problemo.
Snipers can go after the people who hunt for the droners.

If the shit hits the fan, everyone stealths away.....

That would indeed be an annoying clan wouldn't it?

[TgR]KILLER
27-05-05, 15:13
4 raptors would do the job ;) been tested :p

E. Cryton
27-05-05, 15:15
we tried it out, 2 raptors were enuff to kill around 15 doys (complete op-fight team), at least make them sync in the ug.

well, the problem is if u have that many droners, u'd need alot of spots... and there are no almost no safespots anymore, till everyones using f12.

Tantta
27-05-05, 15:16
Meh i had a fully capped droner onces, who capped better raptor dmg :p
but too bad one account has "only" 4 slots in terra so i had to remove it for something more usefull.

Bugs Gunny
27-05-05, 15:20
I wouldn't put all the droners oustide. The pistol spies patrol the inside of the op. Maybe have one ppu come along... just for being able to say you also use a ppu.

Cor
27-05-05, 15:20
That would be cool, I had thought of a Droner clan once. If you were willing to do this what faction?? I don't know about now in NC2 but I remeber and all Monk clan in NC1 ....can't think of the name.

E. Cryton
27-05-05, 15:21
our pure pe clan was teh win anyways >.<

Bugs Gunny
27-05-05, 15:39
I'm too bussy with BLOOD, i was just thinking out loudly.

Tantta
27-05-05, 15:46
pure ppu clan...

think about it, no way you could kill the hacker ppu when there is 4-5 ppu's around him giving new buffs when he gets antibuffed :angel:

Bugs Gunny
27-05-05, 15:52
Pure ppu clan would drop to monks unless they all put up a heal SCT :D
Imagine that 10 holy heal scts in the hackroom protecting the hacking ppu LOL

E. Cryton
27-05-05, 15:56
image that sword / claw power :p

LiL T
27-05-05, 15:58
APU + PPU with Truesight + Parra = no more spys

Selendor
27-05-05, 15:59
Spy only clan would rock, would also be very unique and good roleplaying fodder.

CMaster
27-05-05, 16:01
I had thought smimarly, but just with a pure pistol spy clan. Droneer sound liek a nice idea though.

Bugs Gunny
27-05-05, 16:09

Name me one apu-ppu team that will live through 2, let alone 6 droners?

Fafhrd
27-05-05, 16:24
On droners in general:

once they can lure their victims in open space, they can easily kill any non-stealthing char.

Name me one apu-ppu team that will live through 2, let alone 6 droners?

Then OP's are full of obstacles. The enemy can and will run around trees and buildings, will hide behind the hackterm and will be able to attack.

Lets say 6 droners attacking an op? And 6 ppl defending it? As soon the defenders are utilizing 2 PPU the droners will never get the op.
Lets say 6 droners are defending the op? My guess is they will be able to kill the hackers.

Terkantia
27-05-05, 16:42
On droners in general:

Lets say 6 droners attacking an op? And 6 ppl defending it? As soon the defenders are utilizing 2 PPU the droners will never get the op.

Um, no. Two capped raptors tore a PPU down through a holy heal. Happened at CRP three days ago. Yes, one of those raptors was mine. So, using the already given numbers, 3 droners on two PPUS, still dead. Even considering sanctums and direct heals.

Or, say we change it up a bit, 2 Mosquitos and 4 raptors. Even quicker tbh . . .

[TgR]KILLER
27-05-05, 16:50
pure ppu clan...

think about it, no way you could kill the hacker ppu when there is 4-5 ppu's around him giving new buffs when he gets antibuffed :angel:

attacked jeriko once with 8 ppu's with soulclusters -_-

ofcourse the defending clan din't see the fun in that. tho we laughed our asses off on coms haha. forgot what pro clan had the op. we din't take it eighter were just having a laugh.

Um, no. Two capped raptors tore a PPU down through a holy heal. Happened at CRP three days ago. Yes, one of those raptors was mine. So, using the already given numbers, 3 droners on two PPUS, still dead. Even considering sanctums and direct heals.

depends on the ppu if he can take 2 raptors. standing still might not lol. if you run around you can survive 2 raptors without a sanct even at least i did it several times.

4 raptors will cut trough anything even a ppu with sanctum and heal running. did that at an op once lol owned :p

Xephonas
27-05-05, 17:13
If someone made a spy only clan with a good plan fo the future, i think they would do extremely well, planning op wars would be tricky, like positioning and all that.

If anyone is interested, dm me :D

Digital-Talios
27-05-05, 17:23
I was interested in such a clan. But for now I am much more interested in getting into Blood.

A pure spy clan would if nothing else be a support clan but would it be better to join a larger clan and form spy units within it or break away from large clans and specialize your own and hope communications holds together.

Selendor
27-05-05, 18:37
FF used 2 man Droner teams against clans I've been in before, and bejezzus do they own! Deployed properly, drones can decimate the opposition.

I took the attention of two raptors during these fights on my PPU, and I managed to stay alive, but it wasn't easy, and I had to keep moving. Non-ppu characters are basically screwed, holy heals need to be running on them non-stop to prevent death.

Makes me wish I had a combat spy....I'd join up!

E. Cryton
27-05-05, 18:39
funny thing is me and my bro got accused of using the 0 skill class, to be fucking exploiters, lil nibs coz we're droning vs ff ^^ ...

Digital-Talios
27-05-05, 18:46
maybe its a bad idea. if droners began to organize together then people would be screaming to nerf em like the apu ppu teams of today :(

i just hope that i havent wasted a month of leveling to get my droner up to speed.

Infinite
27-05-05, 18:49
THey would stay in the UG, and ppl would hunt the droners (stealth).

Either they have to move and there for there drone won't be attacking or they'll die.

Pistol/Rifle spies are the win, but not when there self buffed against PPU buffed ppl.

If people had half a braincell I don't think it would be "that" much of a problem.

TX tried it on pluto.

Jaxx.
27-05-05, 19:22
There used to be a pure Spy Clan on Vénus/Nc1 called Karma Inc. And indeed, they were fully independant: they can hack, fight, tradeskill, etc.

Sadly, the leader couldn't involved too much in this clan since he had lot to do with his main char but hell, this clan was fuckin powerfull and looks pretty good. I'm sure they could have own the map tbh. I must say that the Spies of Karma Inc. were mainly the best of the server.

Tantta
27-05-05, 19:28
Pure ppu clan would drop to monks unless they all put up a heal SCT :D
Imagine that 10 holy heal scts in the hackroom protecting the hacking ppu LOL
rofles :lol:

Morganth
27-05-05, 19:58
FF used 2 man Droner teams against clans I've been in before, and bejezzus do they own! Deployed properly, drones can decimate the opposition.

I took the attention of two raptors during these fights on my PPU, and I managed to stay alive, but it wasn't easy, and I had to keep moving. Non-ppu characters are basically screwed, holy heals need to be running on them non-stop to prevent death.

Makes me wish I had a combat spy....I'd join up!

Yeah I remember that when we were in PAIN. Raptors would take out a lot of our OP force before we'd even got inside the OP :lol:

I can just about out heal two raptors, but like Selensil said, you need to have a heal running all the time and you need to move fast.

Will an SC attack a drone? Because even if it does little damage I am sure the flash they get will give you a tactical advantage.

Would like to see an all spy clan OP war, just get everyone to use poison weps and hope the droners don't get you first :p

Ch1n Th3 M4g
27-05-05, 20:09
like the idear of a spy only clan
think zyc was going 2 do that
but not for op wars thats just silly
PKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKKPKPKPKPKPK spy clan for teh win :p

Sakletare
27-05-05, 20:32
A spy clan would be really fun to try. Please make it a DOY clan and all my three spies will join. :)

LTA
27-05-05, 21:50
There used to be a pure Spy Clan on Vénus/Nc1 called Karma Inc. And indeed, they were fully independant: they can hack, fight, tradeskill, etc.

Sadly, the leader couldn't involved too much in this clan since he had lot to do with his main char but hell, this clan was fuckin powerfull and looks pretty good. I'm sure they could have own the map tbh. I must say that the Spies of Karma Inc. were mainly the best of the server.with err whats the name lol nienna?

Was part of that with Wilyu Cashmiachek lol

We tried all spy clan in NC with Rabbi Fang Spyz0r or something lol dont really work when u come up against the ppu buffed people, droners are all good raptor kills the masses but the rest well its gonna be self buff vs ppu buff + max apu dmg or tank dmg.... a lot harder in practice than in theory

NiMBle
27-05-05, 23:25
That would be cool, I had thought of a Droner clan once. If you were willing to do this what faction?? I don't know about now in NC2 but I remeber and all Monk clan in NC1 ....can't think of the name.

All Monk Clan... That was umm.... 'Brotherhood of Krahn' or something like that in Crahn.

NiMBle
27-05-05, 23:29
like the idear of a spy only clan
think zyc was going 2 do that
but not for op wars thats just silly
PKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKPKKPKPKPKPKPK spy clan for teh win :p

Rebel had a Spy clan, 'The Beasts' But it was like 2man clan and he never actually got it going cuz he quit shortly after :(

:EDIT: Double post :( *slaps self*

E. Cryton
28-05-05, 01:17
as i already said, the pure pe clan venom was teh win win

Jaxx.
28-05-05, 01:58
with err whats the name lol nienna?

Yeah Nienna and Strychnine as clan leader.

Six days after the launch of Karma's recruiting campaign, here was the line-up:

- 19 members
- 3 pistol
- 4 droners
- 6 rifle
- 3 constructeurs
- 2 chercheurs
- 3 réparateurs
- 5 poker
- 2 recycleurs
- 13 hackers
- 1 pilote

LTA
28-05-05, 02:36
Yeah Nienna and Strychnine as clan leader.

Thats the one strychnine i think one was Cadavre and one sheilia something coz they were both with us in Inquisition for a while lol

Jaxx.
28-05-05, 03:20
Thats the one strychnine i think one was Cadavre and one sheilia something coz they were both with us in Inquisition for a while lol

You're right dude. But I won't tell you who is who. Well, here's a clue: dead body. ;)

jernau
28-05-05, 03:37
Spy-only clan - been done a few times - died a lot every time I saw.
Drone-only clan - been done once that I know of - never saw them in PvP but a great bunch of guys.

I doubt a pure-droner clan would be any more successful in OP wars than a pure-anything-else clan. PPU-hackers and droners only might be interesting to try but any competant clan should be able do take them.

Liebestoter
28-05-05, 03:41
I miss Spyocron. :[

<3 GENESIS

Xephonas
28-05-05, 16:44
Spyocron, monkocron,tankocron,prieyeocron = neocron :)

Spy clan would be good though if they could get enough members

Doc Holliday
28-05-05, 16:49
I miss Spyocron. :[

<3 GENESIS

he is playin again lieb. hes banned off the forums though lol. i dont know his char names but he is around. i can pass a message on for you too if you want.

nobby
31-05-05, 03:47
I'd love to join a Spy only clan......

Your OP gets it's first layer hacked, send out scout drone...pass message on about how many people there are...
all enemy watching UG...nothing else.
Then all the spies stealth...get into a line behind them all...
and take out their sniper rifles.....all firing at the same time... :p

Would love to see something like this happening!

Morganth
31-05-05, 08:37
I'd love to join a Spy only clan......

Your OP gets it's first layer hacked, send out scout drone...pass message on about how many people there are...
all enemy watching UG...nothing else.
Then all the spies stealth...get into a line behind them all...
and take out their sniper rifles.....all firing at the same time... :p

Would love to see something like this happening!

Then you have to remember that the people you just opened fire on will turn around and hit you with everything they have :rolleyes:

If it was me, I'd poison barrel the OP if it was held by a pure spy clan :D

Xeno LARD
31-05-05, 09:07
If it was me, I'd poison barrel the OP if it was held by a pure spy clan :D
:lol: One apu could easily secure the ug underground. Imagine a whole clan getting wasted by poison beams, barrels, devs and the occasional nailgun. :p

Bugs Gunny
31-05-05, 09:21
Good spies can take poison and laugh at devs.

Xeno LARD
31-05-05, 10:27
How? Green Dragon?
I`d never fuck over my health just to take some poison beams, rarely any APU uses it anyway.
And the dev? Pff, got crap range.

Morganth
31-05-05, 10:34

Yeah, but once people know where you are, there are plenty of other types of damage to pummel you with, which will eventually kill you. And of course, once your stealth runs out, it only takes a few HLs and you'll drop.

Tankz0r
31-05-05, 13:59
if it was saturn Blind was a all monk clan

edit: irecall two spy clans on saturn Djihad(well stealth clan as they had a pe)

there was also teringtubbies or what every they were called, they had ops but they fought in a time when you could solo hack an op

Tratos
31-05-05, 14:15
I was in Genesis' all spy clan bak on Pluto snages ago, was a good laugh, had my first OP wars with that clan pretty much, Akasha was also in said spy clan.

Heavyporker
31-05-05, 16:57
Pure-droner clan wouldn't do that well. Hybrid-droner clan would absolutely ********. especially a clan that has drivers

Remember that if you have a Rhino or APC and fill up all but one of the of the seats, a droner can request a seat, then launch drone, then vec owner can accept.

Voila - A droner whose meatsack is essentially invulnerable while he's flying the drone. Absolutely fearsome.

I don't even want to think what it'd be like if droners and a Carrier pilot hooked up. *shudders* Totally aerial clan.

Sakletare
31-05-05, 17:04
I don't even want to think what it'd be like if droners and a Carrier pilot hooked up. *shudders* Totally aerial clan.
Ohh... sweet. Could be a bit tricky to keep the drone in range when the carrier moves around all the time though.
I have a droner spy and a pilot spy, i'd love a clan like that. :)

Heavyporker
31-05-05, 17:10
Well, capped PN has huge control range. Raptor/ Mosquito would be problematic, yes, but as long as the carrier stays in zone, and centers itself near the OP (using it's jets to stay way up out of range of most weapons on the ground) you shouldn't have a problem.

Original monk
31-05-05, 17:23
there was also teringtubbies or what every they were called, they had ops but they fought in a time when you could solo hack an op

lol yes there where the teringtubbies ... a TGclan .. an all riflerspyclan on saturn who (ninja)hacked an OP and then started dissing the clan who previously owned the OP on tradechannel ... laughing at em ... and yelling that they better got some help to get there o so precious OP back :lol:

most of the time yust 2 sniperspy's with first love's and healing lights surrounded with a bunch of gatling 3's and stuns at the entrance to keep the worst wave of attacks out hehe :) in some cases i remember these fights would go on for hours and hours .. shooting everything that moves and the occasional close combat fights with first loves (unstealthing in the middle of 20 people yust creating chaos and shooting around, them spy's killin peeps like chickens running around witouth a head)

good times ... is 50 vs 2 called a zerg ? even with gatling3 assistance ?

clanleader of -TT- (teringtubies, wich means "annoying teletubbies" in dutch) was called o_0 ... i know he still plays btw :D

... yust i had to change he's name when transferring hehe (namerules), these where fun fights yah :) im glad someone remembers us :)

note1: bring back gatling3's FOR EVERYONE ... there ingame i know for sure ... i have screens of pro and anticity clans using em in an OP ... make em sold in the database PLEAZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

note2: i dunno who the heck you are tankzor but you do know alot about the early days on saturn :) i noticed youre banned now tough ... banevador ? or said sumthing wrong ?

Sakletare
31-05-05, 17:24
A carrier full of droners would have to be close to the ground, the droners inside would have to return their drones to reload/relaunch often and to that they'd have to step out of the vehicle i'm afraid.

Heavyporker
01-06-05, 15:20
Well, yes, but the thing is, you don't HAVE to stay close to ground.

The whole team in the carrier could synch up their launches... then when all of them are out of drones, the carrier THEN lands so the team can re-launch.

Sure, not as effective as rapid-fire insta-launch droning, but still, it keeps your meatsacks ALIVE for so much, much longer.

I mean, how often and how easily does that stealther spy that has specifically set to hunt down droners kill your team of droners when they're on the ground and blind to local during droning? Eh?

I sure do think the tradeoff in efficency is worth it in the longevity of your droner team.

jernau
01-06-05, 15:35
You can also drop the carrier in places that are hard/impossible to reach for relaunching. Of course then you will be accused of cheating ;).

The biggest risk is the shitness of flying vehicles in general. I would think you would do better to split your droners into multiple aircraft to reduce downtime and risk of losing them all to a bug or silly mistake.

Heavyporker
01-06-05, 23:54
Oh, yeah, like on top of mountains, yep. That's highly effective. Hell, you can just drop the droners there without needing the carrier to stay there, I suppose.

Though, then, the evac of the droners may become problematic if a rapid one is necessary (one where the droners stay alive getting off said mountain).

Crest
02-06-05, 11:21
If I did a droner only clan, would make it a rule that green is keen all others die. Meaning yellow is not friendly but indeed hostile. I would ensure everyones standard equipment was

2x Raptor Drones and 1x Stealth, no more no less
No need for armour.

Then kill everything yellow and red, And if you die with a -32 soul light all you loose is 2x Raptors and 1 x Stealth.

Now this theory does not work for any other class or any other spies, as they loose slot 1 and need the armour compliment for their fighting....

Me think out loud

Heavyporker
02-06-05, 16:40
What about spy PA? Eh? Your droners may want the DEX bonus... And if they die, yes, they'll lose that PA.

Won't be so severe since you can get more PAs (level 1 and 2) from TH...

Bugs Gunny
02-06-05, 16:41
Capped droners don't need pa

Digital-Talios
02-06-05, 16:48
Capped droners don't need pa

havent totaly tested it but i wasnt planning to have any armour at all but then i was thinking what about when a drone is destroyed then the droner gets SI. If you have a armor dex bonus the SI doesnt matter as much.

Of course you could always exit out of the drone before it blows up.

Bugs Gunny
02-06-05, 17:15
Of course you could always exit out of the drone before it blows up.

You learn fast in the arts of the drone :-)

Morganth
02-06-05, 17:16
You learn fast in the arts of the drone :-)

Although in an OP war if I see the enemy droner drop his drone, I nick it :p

Crest
02-06-05, 17:18
While Droning you dont get drug flash, So you can always drug up .... when drug is completed, you can still drone, and no drug flash. I remeber leveling with dronnes a lot higher than I could use, by drugging, as the drugs started comming off, drop drone, launch new one ... by the time the drones ammo was finished so was my flash ... never ever saw it ..(Unless drone was destroyed then you cried)

Although in an OP war if I see the enemy droner drop his drone, I nick it :p

Capped dronner can generate cash quick enough, and yes all drones can be replaced .... with a little cash and time.

We make batched of 100 raptors at a time, 2 runner clan, and then when time comes to make more, 2 hours later we have a few weeks supply.

Its cheaper than PA armour

Morganth
02-06-05, 17:24
Capped dronner can generate cash quick enough, and yes all drones can be replaced .... with a little cash and time.

We make batched of 100 raptors at a time, 2 runner clan, and then when time comes to make more, 2 hours later we have a few weeks supply.

Its cheaper than PA armour

Yeah, but whats the point dropping the drone then? I'd rather just fight till I run out of ammo/health if drones are that easy to replace. The last few seconds of life in a raptor could be the difference between a dead monk/spy and an alive one.

imper1um
02-06-05, 17:30
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA With the way TSS is right now? Are you FREAKING kidding me?

hegemonic
05-06-05, 07:53
This thread = ***** 5-stars.

one of the more interesting threads in recent time. Good discussion people :)

Jesterthegreat
05-06-05, 12:08
Yeah, but whats the point dropping the drone then? I'd rather just fight till I run out of ammo/health if drones are that easy to replace. The last few seconds of life in a raptor could be the difference between a dead monk/spy and an alive one.

the last 2-3 seconds of firing...

if your raptor blows, then you got like 10 secs of waiting for SI to go before relaunching.

if you drop the drone, the gap inbetween drones is just flight time.

if it blows up... the gap is alot longer, for a lot longer your team is 1 man down.

:edit: and those 10 secs that you can't use a drone could be the difference between a dead op team, and aan alive one :p