PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet Anniversary

Riddle
26-05-05, 15:18
Any chance of a new Theme week? :confused:

Hacknet week started on the 29/11/04.

Its coming up to the 29th of this month.

Thats 6 months since the start of Hacknet Week.

Please don't continue with this untill you rename it " THEME YEARS " :(

athon
26-05-05, 17:33
Maybe they're not finished with hacknet yet - we've still got the bossmob that breaks the engine to come!

Athon Solo

[TgR]KILLER
26-05-05, 17:53
they din't do anything about the theme weeks for ages now they been to busy with int release.

-FN-
26-05-05, 19:38
KILLER']they been to busy with int release.

Which I thought has come and gone... :rolleyes: Poor execution of great ideas just gets tiresome.

- Faction Councillors in NC1 - great potential, ended up scrapped.

- RaTMaN the Community Rep - Great Idea. Did little to nothing.

- Theme Weeks - awesome idea, focus was lost and the Theme Weeks forum has been stagnant for months.
--- Art Department Posts - Uplifting! Exciting! Hasn't been one for months.
--- Updates by the Devs in Theme Week Forums. Hasn't been one for months.

- Nidogg the new Comm Rep - Excellent Status Reports every couple of weeks. KK Posting thread started and updated. But over time, it's been losing steam.
--- On 01/15 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122022) we got our first awesome status update.
--- Got a short update (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123311) on 03/02 on a few issues we pressed about.
--- In March (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123506) we got "the second in an ongoing series of community updates which we hope will help to keep you all informed about the status of key issues."
I'm not trying to be caustic in any way Nid, but it's almost June and the 'ongoing series' seems to have come to a crawling halt. Would it help if we listed our "key issues" again? Has KK clammed up and stopped giving you info?

It's just a pattern I've noticed here over the years. Great ideas and initiatives come from KK, I would never deny that. The execution just always seems to lose momentum :( I personally liked the Theme Weeks - the technical focus of the Devs coupled with the gameplay focus of the Community produced some really positive results in the first Theme Week. But that focus and concentration is gone and now the patches seem to be back to random things that are missing some sort of progressive cohesion.

*shrug*

*sigh*

I need some food.

ZoVoS
26-05-05, 19:58
bla bla bla

i agree... what he said like :D

Heavyporker
26-05-05, 20:02
*sobs*

I so agree!

[TgR]KILLER
26-05-05, 20:05
bring me some food :p

don't really give a damn what happends to eighter gliders or hacknet cause their all out of my book. and atm din't really play my other chars for anything. ppu i logged in 1 time in 3 weeks to rezz some guy. apu i logged in 1 time in 3 weeks to test dmg for somebody. my cster i logged 1 time in 3 weeks to go level a bit and 5/6 times just to cst / rep.

only been playing my PE. like pluto days -_- tho atm its to hot to sit inside and play nc :p din't play much last week.

Riddle
26-05-05, 20:06
Nicely put FN Its a dam shame such a good idea has again bit the dust :(

Dribble Joy
26-05-05, 20:14
- Faction Councillors in NC1 - great potential, ended up scrapped.
Technically still running under the newish name of the Ceres Project. The problem is similar to that of any player run part of the game.

- RaTMaN the Community Rep - Great Idea. Did little to nothing.
Imo, a really bad idea actually. He had no power, was not representitive of the whole community, was not well know and as a player, not an impartial party.

- Theme Weeks - awesome idea, focus was lost and the Theme Weeks forum has been stagnant for months.
--- Art Department Posts - Uplifting! Exciting! Hasn't been one for months.
--- Updates by the Devs in Theme Week Forums. Hasn't been one for months.
While I agree, there could be a number of reasons.

- Nidogg the new Comm Rep - Excellent Status Reports every couple of weeks. KK Posting thread started and updated. But over time, it's been losing steam.
Entirely dependant on the times and activities going on and on what info he is given.

Not trying to be a fanboi, but trying to maintain some form of balanced view of things.

-FN-
26-05-05, 20:22
While I agree, there could be a number of reasons why some things have been re-arranged as priorities, we still are in the dark about it. Look at the January Update by Nid. In-depth. Comprehensive. Updated. It was exactly what the community needed. Like a monthly "state-of-the-union" typed post.

I mean, there are parts in there like:

Plan File

Holger will be posting a new Plan File in the next week or two where he will set out his aims for Neocron in the coming months. There's still a lot more in store - and in a good way.

Holger has so far posted once this year. I couldn't find a new .plan file on the website. Has he been canned? Is there no plan? lol - things like this could just use an overall community update :( Rokkwear, Right-Click on Login bug, 50HP/80Stamina/Synch on Login bug, vehicle gray screen bug, Playershops, WoC items (yay for the Crossbow :)), PayPal update... KK's gotta be busy, right?

Xylaz
26-05-05, 21:01
nah you're just all soooo impatient.

i mean, come on, we've just had international release! That was ALOT of job for KK, you know to put all those uber features like item tracking etc in one patch, to make this briliant marketing plan, advertisment, distributors etc. It could take them years to do it, but they did it lightning fast - just a few months and voila!

Now just give those guys a break, everyone needs a break sometimes, dont you think. They were so busy lately that i think they deserved a few months break. Ask again in next 6 months.

But hey, maybe i'm wrong. Maybe they are all working super fast again, and in another 6 months (well, make it 1 year to eliminate bugs) they will surprise us all with new PATCH! Seriously, maybe even new add on. Free, of course, as we know all add ons for NC are free. Or maybe NC3? Who knows, if they will work non stop 24/7 for the next 5 years...

So in conclusion, dont be impatient please. KK are working their assess off to satisfy you, their customers, so give them some time. Everything will be on time, tip-top, nice and shiny, bug-less. Just wait a little.

And as the opposite to all other whinors out there, i would like to thanks KK as a good fanboi, for their AWESOME international release, GREAT content patches, UBAR item tracking, CLEVER marketing strategies and FASCINATING advertisment.
Keep up the good job guys.
But dont stop on hard work! I expect a new patch in no longer than 2 years & new theme year in 2006!

Hell-demon
26-05-05, 21:30
can you feel the love :rolleyes:

-FN-
26-05-05, 21:34
... I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not o_O

nah you're just all soooo impatient.
I'm not asking for fixes or patches. Just info. What's wrong with that? We were getting great updates before...

Now just give those guys a break, everyone needs a break sometimes, dont you think. They were so busy lately that i think they deserved a few months break. Ask again in next 6 months.
You do know how a job works, right? Like... a career. Where you get paid. To do work. When I finished setting up a 2TB Xraid and was tired of all the work and red tape it took to get through, I didn't get a few months off. I got to come in the next day and deal with a new set of challenges. That's the way the world works. Reakktor is a company with employees that do work, specifically, develop Neocron. A pat on the back for pulling off Semi-International Release, sure. But a break? :wtf:

Maybe they are all working super fast again, and in another 6 months (well, make it 1 year to eliminate bugs) they will surprise us all with new PATCH! Seriously, maybe even new add on. Free, of course, as we know all add ons for NC are free. Or maybe NC3? Who knows, if they will work non stop 24/7 for the next 5 years...
Ok. This has to be cynical... Some of these bugs have been around for over a year.

AWESOME international release
Well, I've always thought International involved the whole world, but I guess technically it could just mean Europe.

GREAT content patches
These actually have been great :) GJ KK

UBAR item tracking
This remains to be seen. I should "lose" an item later this week to see what helpdesk says...

CLEVER marketing strategies and FASCINATING advertisment
On what planet?
:wtf:

Tratos
26-05-05, 21:41
".. I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not o_O"

Don't worry, he is.

[TgR]KILLER
26-05-05, 23:01
".. I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not o_O"

Don't worry, he is.

i remember niddy saying something in a thread. when az says something good about nc its gonna be the day i quit. or something to that effect :p

still love you tho az <3 even tho your in the wrong faction :p

Riddle
27-05-05, 13:56
So another customer question go's un answered??

What have we got to do to get some feedback??
:confused: :confused: :mad:

Xylaz
27-05-05, 16:35

more "fanboy's" posts maybe?

Superbron
27-05-05, 17:36
Agreed, a theme week that lasts 6 months is quite a long week... :eek:

Some update about the status of this theme week would be nice.

Dirus
27-05-05, 22:16

For starters you could read whats being said in the Theme Weeks forum. Today is the 27th, and my last post in there was on the 25th, thats 2 days ago.

I won't even comment on most of your inital post.

Color Me Plaid
27-05-05, 23:53
...owned.

Main thing that's kept me going is starting a new char to level and working on my con setups finally.

If we see NC3 before FRE's/item tracking are fixed, Ill be pissed.

Riddle
28-05-05, 20:00
I won't even comment on most of your inital post.

You won't??

This is not a personal gripe at you or the Devs just an observation.

By referring to your concentrated effort in one area ( which is by the way very much appreciated ) to Theme weeks creates the impression that the bug fixing will last for several weeks before moving on to a new area. NOT several Months i.e. 6 of them.

We know that the process is not an easy task but spending 6 months on one area only begs the question how long will the next area take?

ROZZER187
28-05-05, 20:19
vehicles for example??? :lol:

Dirus
29-05-05, 08:59
You won't??

This is not a personal gripe at you or the Devs just an observation.

By referring to your concentrated effort in one area ( which is by the way very much appreciated ) to Theme weeks creates the impression that the bug fixing will last for several weeks before moving on to a new area. NOT several Months i.e. 6 of them.

We know that the process is not an easy task but spending 6 months on one area only begs the question how long will the next area take?
For one thing the forum reads Theme WeekS not Theme Week. So your bolding of the word "week" and trying to convey that it was only supposed to last a week has no merit to it at all. It'll take as many weeks as required.

Ontop of that we've had the holidays, Asian Server setups, International Release and a few other issues stopping the whole team from concentrating on one single issue, all of which has been stated in various threads before. Work on Hacknet has not stopped either as issues are still being worked on.