PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Event on Friday

imper1um
26-05-05, 05:01
GMs, sticky plz, if you want.

I have been talking with Phase about this event. It's kinda interesting. I cannot release specifics since the event must be time-sensitive.

What I can tell you is that the event involves a DS (possibly a Hawkings), my 3 slot Ray of God I hacked off a belt, my 2 slot Thunderbolt (unmodded) I hacked off a belt, 5 TH Level 1 Furnished keys, me sitting down in TH, and many DogTags.

From what you can get out of that, there is five prizes.

1st Place: MC5 Dimension Splitter fully Built
2nd Place: ??MC5 Hawkings?? (waiting for Chenoa to get to me back on this, if it isn't it's my 3 slotted RoG)
3rd Place: 3 Slotted RoG (hacked off a belt, hardly used, but modded)
4th Place: 2 Slotted Thunderbolt (might be a ET, I will check on that) (unused, unmodded, but still hacked off a belt)
5th Place: Nothing, except....

All five prizes get a Level 1 TH apartment, furnished.

The event will start on Friday, May 27, 2005 at 6:00 PM EST and will run for 1-3 hours.
Day 2 of the event will start at the same time on Saturday, May 28, 2005, and also run 1-3 hours.
Day 3 of the event will start at 6:00 PM EST, but will last up to 4 hours, depending many things.

After Day3, I will spend 15-30 minutes to input the data from Day3 and I will choose 5 winners. These five winners will sit down on the bench above the TH GRs and I will each give them an apartment key, which is theirs to keep. Inside the apartment, either in a cabinet or laying on the floor somewhere will be the prize (if they recieved any).

DO NOT ask me or any GM about this event details. All event details will be released on this post and in-game when the time comes. Believe me, the only three people that actually know anything about this event is myself, Phase and Chenoa, and they won't say anything, right, Phase? o_O :D

This event does not require your LE to be out, however, you will be slightly penalized for having an LE in.

When the event starts, you will not be required to be in a specific place, since all details will be on OOC, however, make SURE you unmute OOC, because I will not repeat the details about the event more than twice.

Imper1um

Morganth
26-05-05, 05:47
Sounds like fun, even though I don't know what it sounds like :p

System
26-05-05, 05:47
you gotta be there for all 3 days i take it?

Dr Strange
26-05-05, 06:11
so um, whats the contest exactly?

kinda spoke in riddles there

imper1um
26-05-05, 07:22
Few Questions I will answer:

1. You do not have to be there all three days. You can be there only one day, the final day, at least to collect your prize, if you've won.
2. Not telling what the contest is.

Dr Strange
26-05-05, 08:14

can we call you the riddler or what man? we aren't fluent in enigmas

"You do not have to be there all three days. You can be there only one day, the final day, at least to collect your prize, if you've won."

So the contest is three days

Yet you only have to show up the last day

But only if you've won

Which you don't know, cause you weren't there other days as per the contest "description" you just gave

This ain't adding up dude :wtf:

Okran
26-05-05, 10:00
EXCELLENT!! Thats great news! I love events, pity I'm away this weekend otherwise I'd be there :(

It doesnt matter what the event is about though - its an event, I'm sure it will be fun for all the family :p

CMaster
26-05-05, 12:13
C'mon guys, let the man retain a sense of mystery about his event.

Xephonas
26-05-05, 12:21
if i'm thinking straight, this is only gonna work for american people, or unless europeans want to start at 11pm and finish by 2am, (even later in some eastern european countries).

Morganth
26-05-05, 12:35
if i'm thinking straight, this is only gonna work for american people, or unless europeans want to start at 11pm and finish by 2am, (even later in some eastern european countries).

I wouldn't complain, any event is better than no event. Plus its over the weekend which should make it easier for people to stay up past their bed times :rolleyes:

imper1um
26-05-05, 18:55
It's gona be interesting. I'll be thinking up another event either next week or the week after that. Either way, this event cost me 2 mil to put on. :p

virgil caine
27-05-05, 16:09
Hmmmm sounds interesting. I'll be there.

Xephonas
27-05-05, 17:15
Well it's friday, no sign on what the event actually is yet :D

imper1um
28-05-05, 03:54
Okies, well, today was interesting. I'm gona fully explain it right now.

[Part 1]
Part 1 involves finding items. I'll give you a 'shopping' list. This shopping list is stuff that you can usually make or get from mob drops. None of this stuff is unattainable by anyone more than 50/xx, and none of this stuff requires an extreme amount of cash to make or get. Only some cash for GRs is needed.

When I announce the list, you have up to 120 minutes to give me the stuff. I might cut it short if people are not participating, but 120 minutes is the target.

You do not need to get the whole list. You simply need to get the specified amount of one of the items in the list. Today's list was 20 Malformed Brains, 5 Weaponmod Part 10s, 25 Deformed Teeth, 35 Hardware Based OSes and 20 Left Flapper Eyes. The first person who gets the specified amount of an item gets 10 points. The second gets 5 points. The third gets 4 points. The 4th gets 3 points, and the 5th gets 2 points. If you bring in the items after the 5th person has turned it in, you will still get one point, however. You can also only turn in the specified amount once. It does not count if you do it more than once.

For example, lets say you turn in 20 Malformed Brains, and you're the first one to do it, you get 10 points. But then, you go back and get 35 Hardware Based-OSes, but two people have turned in that amount already, you will get 4 points for that. Get the jist?

Day 2 will be double points, and Day 3 will be triple.

[Part 2]
Part 2 of the event involves DogTags. I had 60 DogTags in my inventory at the beginning of the event. 5 of the DogTags have the names of people that is the password to an apartment. Inside the apartment is a wierdly modded slotted weapon under TL 15. You bring that to me, and get 5 points.

Now, the DogTags I will drop in TH Sector 2. You pick them up and use them as passwords to the apartment lifts in Sector 1. Inside them, just in front of the door will be a weapon, unless it is a coincidence that I have a DogTag of someone that also uses their name for their apartment. There are 6 lifts.

Day 2 will be double points, and Day 3 will be triple.

[Scoring]
After Sunday, I will leave for 15-30 minutes to tally up the points. Then, I will come back and announce the winner. Note, having the most points does not mean you will get 1st place. Instead, the program takes the points you have and makes them 'tickets' like in a raffle. It then draws five 'tickets' and gives me the names of the winners, in order. I cannot deny the results. This is so that people can participate and possibly have the chance of winning even if you didn't participate all three days, but those with a higher amount of points will have a much better chance at winning the DS, since their name is more likely to be picked.

Imper1um

Xephonas
28-05-05, 13:00
good ideas, the first stage looks tricky :)

NiMBle
28-05-05, 15:53
Be faster to just go MC5 IMO.

aKe`cj
28-05-05, 18:01
Be faster to just go MC5 IMO.

not everyone can go there.. so see it as a chance for mid-levels to get their hands on mc5 and other cool items :)