PDA

View Full Version : Big Or Small Patches

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 01:36
would u prefer kk to update once a week with whatever bug fixes they have done that week, and any issues they have resolved
or once a month with content patches with new runs and items (these are still added in the weekly patches but bit by bit)

im thinking this because (not including hotfixes) its a toss up between gettin sumin new every month, with all the bug fixes and stuf aswell (if they hold it of for every month they can get everythihng sorted and not relese the patch until its 100% ready), or keeping us up to date with what there doing by modifing it every week

this isnt about the state of the patches or the game or anything now, just what u would prefer as a gamer?

im just wondering hehe

YA5
25-05-05, 05:53
I prefer more Patches - easier to handel i think. and KK can maintain the servers evry week ...
If a Bug is fixed why to wait for the big content patch ... :rolleyes: :confused:

imper1um
25-05-05, 07:15
Bug Fixes > Content Fixes.

Faction Turrets in HN still cause insane amounts of damage. WTF is going on? :confused: :)

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 10:03
Bug Fixes > Content Fixes.

Faction Turrets in HN still cause insane amounts of damage. WTF is going on? :confused: :)

lmfao insaine = 2hit kil my tank :D full armour (not mixed, pure duranium4 heavy 3 and 60 energy in con before modified by chips)

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 10:04
I prefer more Patches - easier to handel i think. and KK can maintain the servers evry week ...
If a Bug is fixed why to wait for the big content patch ... :rolleyes: :confused:

i was thinking if they updated every week, theres more chance of fuking thinkgs up and having to correct them, if they have a month less likely to give em hassel, or make mistakes

enigma_b17
25-05-05, 10:10
erm i would ave thought of it the other way around actually. Usually the more things u try to add the more things that can/will go wrong. Weekly patches will allow them to fix bugs one at a time, reducing the errors that could result from applying them to the server.

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 10:14
erm i would ave thought of it the other way around actually. Usually the more things u try to add the more things that can/will go wrong. Weekly patches will allow them to fix bugs one at a time, reducing the errors that could result from applying them to the server.

i duno, the amount of poblems modifing the files every will prolly cause i was thinking, u patch one week, then u patch teh next week, and uv just voer patched a problem u found in the last patch that requiers u to role back the pathces and repatch, lol it all sounds complicated to me,

aKe`cj
25-05-05, 10:17
As I guess patching itself requires some time & effort, plus always carries the risk of fucking things up although they may have worked in a test environment - and - there also needs to be time to test stuff thats been fixed before it gets patched etc etc a patch every 3-4 weeks that works (1 patch + 1-2 hotfixes) would be fine with me.

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 10:27
i my self would like 1 content patches, and 1-2 bug fixes (even if there bugs with the patch) a month, baby just one bug fix patch, just my personal preference

(so were garantied sumin new to play with every month, even if its just some noob stuf lol)

Kuya
25-05-05, 10:40
like the weekly idea, it give's ppl the idea that something is really done. Doesnt have to be much just little things....

Im not saying they dont do anything now, but now, we go so long in a time of uncertancy wondering when they fill finally release another patch....

naimex
25-05-05, 12:20
small patches, means faster fixing of newly arised problems, less things that can go wrong each time, and if something goes wrong, you havent messed with as many things, so it should be easier to find out what caused the problem and through that find a proper solution.

Masentaja
25-05-05, 13:23
Small patches please. Faster way to fix up bugs tbh (and the bugs what comes with the patch perhaps), plus it gives community the feeling that this game is improving whole time (every week :p)

Brammers
25-05-05, 14:38
I voted for neither option.

Why, well for a start in the last patch, they said they fixed the BT FSM so he now sells Exp Mind Control 3. Well they didn't for whatever reason.

One reason is KK failed to test that fix. Well what is the job of QA then? (Is that not Apollo's/Lupus's department?)

Another reason is the tester did not understand the test, and probably saw a "Mind control 3" implant instead. In other words, there was a lack of domain knowledge of the tester.

So to me it doesn't make any difference whether the patches are big or small.

KK need to sort their testing out. My sugguestions:-

1. Make the closed test server open or open test server. (That's a point what did happen to the public test server Nidhogg?)
2. Train or get better testers.

I'll probably think of more things, but my point is, it makes no difference whether the patches are big or small. The testing has to improve or change.

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 16:50
my only fear (and i realy want the test server to open) is that it will dwindle already dwindeled server pops

Digital-Talios
25-05-05, 17:28
yes bring back the test server.

landofcake
25-05-05, 17:44
Big patches, i've given up on having any significant bug fixes, so i'd rather have content ...