PDA

View Full Version : Old Textures vs New Textures

-FN-
24-05-05, 22:00
Hey Nid :) Any plans with the Devs to actually finish the transition from NC1 to NC2? The new textures are so much nicer and grittier - then you get zonelines like this that just ruin it all :(

Kozmos
24-05-05, 22:13
And then you get viarosso that even with its facelift just looks washed out as the bulk of textures are NC1's

Transformer
24-05-05, 22:15
just be glad you don't have to worry about running around the Dome lol. like someone crapped all over it

Brammers
25-05-05, 01:35
just be glad you don't have to worry about running around the Dome lol. like someone crapped all over it

At least the Dome is consistant, unlike NC and MB as FN has pointed out.

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 01:41
ya they were doing my head in, just learnd to close my eyes when zoneing so i coudlnt see teh blatent change from clean to dirty :P (dam obsesive compulsive disorder)

Netphreak
25-05-05, 02:30
Honestly i still prefer NC1's graphics.
Also the character models suited the game much better (war hardened monks etc...) than the new updated models that look like kids running about the place.
Also i wish we could go back to the old Spell casting animation much less miscast's with it.
The old Font's and HUD would be nice too... ah... nostalga (no idea how to spell it!)

xkorpio
25-05-05, 03:55
Also the character models suited the game much better (war hardened monks etc...) than the new updated models that look like kids running about the place.
Also i wish we could go back to the old Spell casting animation much less miscast's with it.
The old Font's and HUD would be nice too... ah... nostalga (no idea how to spell it!)

Im with you, the character models are crap compared to NC1, all that I wanted was a more wide selection of jackets and pants, the fact IS that there were a lot of models, but only a few for Players to use, why? and now the still use the old textures for NPC's!!! I REALLY liked all the old chars, and saw them as NPC's dont help :(

The only thing that was a hope was the 2 accesories slots that could be seen in some screenshot, but, where are those accesories? the sunglasses? the hats? the cigarretes?

The only thing cool of new models is the weapon in holster, but, cant do that to old ones?

xkorpio
25-05-05, 04:00
Ah! I forgot to mention that there are no more Rokkwear machines to change your outfit, and passing my old char (Green hair, sunglasses, jacket with a dragon in the back, nice trousers, in a word, look cool) resulted in a Skinhead with the predefined clothes, no sunglasses, no-thing.

There was an option to color the clothes in NC1 that is no longer available in NC2, isnt it?

Mr_Snow
25-05-05, 20:59
agreed

Jesterthegreat
25-05-05, 21:15
the new models are very good, extremely detailed... but they dont fit this game.

Tratos
25-05-05, 21:34
the new models are very good, extremely detailed... but they dont fit this game.
that i agree with, good models just not gritty enough.

Also finishing the transition would be nice theres not a lot to do really either, i mean TH was done before NC2, plaza and PP are done, MB is done (inside) so that only leaves the OZ, Via, Ind and MBs enterance zone (was sec 3 done aswell?)

Kozmos
25-05-05, 21:34
any the head and hands do not fit the size of the bodies they are attached too...

Jesterthegreat
25-05-05, 21:37
any the head and hands do not fit the size of the bodies they are attached too...

yeah... gorilla hands and swollen heads, but high quality models in general.

but yeah... more anime models than cyber punk models

=REMUS=
25-05-05, 21:40
Yeah I agree the old skins where better, if only due to the proportions.

Spies look like anorexics
PE's are the proberbly the best
Monks look like tall anorexics
Tanks look like well built PE's but certainly not genetically engineered bio warriors like they did in nc1 in comparison to the other class's.

I like the detailing, the haircuts and head tech are good but the skins just don't look "right"

Xephonas
25-05-05, 21:45
what i would like to see is a more detailed version of the characters, same build and shape but better graphics, more clothing options

A slideable thing would be really good.

So you can choose what shape nose you have etc, (but not so your nose is 3 meters long).

Tratos
25-05-05, 21:46
Yeah I agree the old skins where better, if only due to the proportions.

Spies look like anorexics
PE's are the proberbly the best
Monks look like tall anorexics
Tanks look like well built PE's but certainly not genetically engineered bio warriors like they did in nc1 in comparison to the other class's.

I like the detailing, the haircuts and head tech are good but the skins just don't look "right"
i think alof of people would agree with that, a bit more beef and a bit more grit and they'd be great.

-FN-
25-05-05, 21:48
The new models are incredibly better from a techical standpoint, but there are some missing aspects when you actually compare them to NC1 models, I totally agree.

NC2 Spies are actually right on the money I think. Pretty frail looking guys.

NC2 Monks are just weird. They look like Star Wars characters and are missing the hardcore, beat-up look that some of the monks from NC1 had. There is no mysterious "white-eyed" character in NC2 like the NC1 model either :( I think Monks need to be a bit thinner, GET THEIR LONG COATS BACK, and get some more hardened face models.

NC2 PEs look good, just need some more Shirt & Pant options to make them look a bit snazzier since they are more likely to run around without PA than other classes.

NC2 Tanks need to be bigger. They don't look at all like genetically-bred war machines. They look like PEs who use their gym membership a few more times a week than the rest. They need bigger arms, shoulders, and adding a little height would be cool.

That's another thing that has always bugged me about the static builds of characters - everyone is the same height :(

Overall though, the animations and character models themselves are much better than NC1. I also love that NPCs are mostly NC1 models. I throws in variety when you're running around the game-world. If all the NPCs used the limited number of NC2 models, everyone including NCPs would look the same. The mixture of models works well methinks :)

what i would like to see is a more detailed version of the characters, same build and shape but better graphics, more clothing options

A slideable thing would be really good.

So you can choose what shape nose you have etc, (but not so your nose is 3 meters long).
Create a character over at Project Entropia (http://www.projectentropia.com) and you'll see how character creation dynamics should be :)

Tratos
25-05-05, 21:52
Overall though, the animations and character models themselves are much better than NC1. I also love that NPCs are mostly NC1 models. I throws in variety when you're running around the game-world. If all the NPCs used the limited number of NC2 models, everyone including NCPs would look the same. The mixture of models works well methinks :) I sort of agree with the NPC thing but some new re-moddeled NPCs have appeared with the Mr Jones missions which look pretty cool, if KK made crap loads of new models for NPCs staying close the originals it would be really sweet, i.e. a rounder fat Yo's guy would be nice so he would be less square ;) perhaps with this also a little variety could be added to their faces so no ALL Yo's vendors look identicle.

EDIT: SWG although quite pants has a very nice char customisation.