PDA

View Full Version : Trader Union guards at I09

Obsidian X
24-05-05, 19:10
Trader Union guards at I09 - why?

Having TU guards here is absolutely pointless, they don't actually protect it from anything. Now I went there and was followed by a couple of AB idiots, and when I tried to defend myself, the TU guards turned on me (TU allied to all). Why can't the Twister guards attack mobs and mutants (and AB) but be allied to all player factions? It doesn't make any sense at all.

BradSTL
25-05-05, 05:50
Trader Union guards at I09 - why?

Having TU guards here is absolutely pointless, they don't actually protect it from anything. Now I went there and was followed by a couple of AB idiots, and when I tried to defend myself, the TU guards turned on me (TU allied to all). Why can't the Twister guards attack mobs and mutants (and AB) but be allied to all player factions? It doesn't make any sense at all.
Obviously they're purely decorative. They wanted the place to look Tsunami, but since there's at least one quest that starts there, they wanted even the enemies of the Tsunami to be able to use it.

Like all factionless NPCs and trader union NPCs, they get nervous around sustained gunfire and tend to shoot the nearest player with a weapon. It's the same thing you see at outposts where you go to use the vendor, and even though the vendors didn't get hit at all, let alone by you, they open fire.

(They used to be factionless NPCs. The Trader Union thing is new to this patch, I'm pretty sure. I liked it better the old way, because having it say Trader Union over every guard spoils the last vestige of the illusion that it's our guards, that it's a Tsunami place using that Tsunami trademark. *sigh*)

imper1um
25-05-05, 07:13
Tsunami guards at I09 do not shoot any players with weapons NOT out. The instant you bring out a weapon, they will waste you, period. I'm itchy to even bring out a heal near these guys.

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 10:13
lol they doo crazie as damage to a ppu, i love em, my sole clutster can stalk ppl while i am safe in the knowlage nobody can hurt me muhahahaha

Toxen
25-05-05, 13:09
Until they waste you for pulling out a soul cluster if u got mobs following u go hide inside. or run away beyond a certain range the agro drops dont tell me you can't out run a AB

CMaster
25-05-05, 13:52
Hehe. I've gained a feew belts from people running up to kill me at twister. I just look at them until they drop dead to the guards. Every time we go there, one simple message comes over Teamspeak: "Do NOT draw a weapon near the Twister" Someone always does of course.

Toxen
25-05-05, 14:18
Yup we know that feeling its usally one of our ppu's too :P which is mildly ironic

ZoVoS
25-05-05, 16:52
lol i love to see ppus scroling through there quick belt instead of directly pressing the slot number =) acidentaly pick a para and u is dead lol