PDA

View Full Version : NCPD PA runspeed nerf?

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 13:44
I was discussing this with some people and the concensus is that when wearing the NCPD pa they all see a definite runspeed nerf.

Just wondering if this is intentional, because if it is, there's absolutely no use in wearing it, as the points to make up for the runspeed nerf might as well be used to make duranium or any other vest and more resistpoints in con do the same.

netster
24-05-05, 14:17
it doest nerf runspeed, tested on my tank.
(i had the same feeling about it, but its because of the longer legs)

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 14:19
I am indeed a full head taller with it.

Wow, uniformed and long legs.... Maybe i should hit the pepperpark district and try to score then :-)

Ty netster. I can imagine visualy longer legs and slower pases will make it seem slower.

netster
24-05-05, 14:22
np mate! btw i want a dome pa same stats >_<

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 14:25
There is, it's called the ratsuit :-p

Might indeed be nice to have those TG terrorists get a uniform pa.

enigma_b17
24-05-05, 14:50
im not entirely sure if it does or not, i am pretty sure im considerably slower with it on for some reason.

aKe`cj
24-05-05, 15:09
im not entirely sure if it does or not, i am pretty sure im considerably slower with it on for some reason.

afaik there is no impact on runspeed - if you measure it by the looks you can be easily fooled into believing there was - as ppl already stated the animation is somewhat slower, the acctual speed of movement should remain unchanged... did you compare it in 1st person view?

Skusty
24-05-05, 15:33
I used the NCPD pa on tank when i rerolled Mr 47 in nc1 :lol: its pretty good for noobs to lvl :p

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 16:05
did you compare it in 1st person view?

good point... someone compare it in 1st person

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 16:09
Well, what's realy scary is that for instance on my spy (no ncpd pa) i run a LOT faster in first person mode than i do in third person.

Mighty Max
24-05-05, 17:01
Well, what's realy scary is that for instance on my spy (no ncpd pa) i run a LOT faster in first person mode than i do in third person.

That is again an optical issue.

When you move a step, you can only determinate the size of this step by the angel that a certain spot moved. The farer you are away from the floor the smaller this angel will be, even when your step was the same. First person view is much nearer to the floor then 3rd person v.

Its like traveling in a car. When you drive through a city, your speed seem to be much faster (because the surrounding objects are nearer to you) as when you drive through a lonely desert, where the objects (relative points) are far away.

I'd include some drawings, but im too lazy ;)

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 17:03
True. I can imagine the drawings no need to post them :-)

I'll try the runspeed thing tomorrow then. (bussy again tonight)