PDA

View Full Version : E3 & KK

-FN-
24-05-05, 05:34
I saw a few threads about this awhile ago - didn't take much notice to them. Then I saw the E3 Booth for Planetwide Games (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/106/gameID/184), the US publisher for RYL, the other game I have a subscription to.

Eye-catching girls, banners galore, gaming stations setup, flashy lights, ADVERTISING EVERYWHERE... this on top of their Regal Cinema Ads, ads on TechTV, good reviews in gaming mags... man these guys so have their shit together.

Did Reakktor make any showing at E3? Just wondering...

Dr Strange
24-05-05, 06:53
See my other thread FN

KK was not present at E3

Supposedly, 10tacle had a booth, I think. But did not show Neocron 2

Nor did Atari

Ironically, Alchemist Dream(s) had a small booth and showed a small display of Neocron 2. The least populated server, showed Neocron when the publisher and distributer chose not too, for whatever reasons.

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 10:49
http://www.mmorpg.com/features/106/images/106_4.jpg thats what nc needed :p

netster
24-05-05, 11:01
oh yes O_O

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 11:02
oh yes O_O

if i walk around town claiming to be an agent think i can get girls to strip down like that for an audition? :p

Xeno LARD
24-05-05, 11:05
RYL?
Hell, that game was so damn boring when i tried it...

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 11:08
RYL?

looks more interesting in that pic eh? :p

Dr Strange
24-05-05, 12:19
If only KK had done something like that, hell even if they did something half like that it'd have been awesome

john irons
24-05-05, 14:04
busy coding?

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 14:23
Busy talking to banks ?

"We promise we'll have more cashflow soon. After this international release subscriptions will fly through the roof mr. Mancini.
Honestly there's no need to break MJS's kneecaps....."

enigma_b17
24-05-05, 15:44
I honestly dont blame the developers at all. Neocron i would i imagine make nowhere near the amounts of money for them that the likes of ryl and others with thousands and thousands of players would have. Instead nc has a couple of hundred, now this may be unfair but its not a thing which they see as making money for them so why bother spending on displays and the such.....although u would think they that theyd wanna make the game more well known!!

landofcake
24-05-05, 15:53
Looks like tranny heaven ...

Xephonas
24-05-05, 16:52
from what i know, KK did prety much no advertising from the start, only a few months ago, there are ads in some UK pc gaming mags.

Don't think it has been on MMORPG.com either.

The most advertising i think i've seen, was around nc1 retail, if you put a nc poster in ur shop window or whatever, u get free subscription.

Original monk
24-05-05, 17:04
Looks like tranny heaven ...

euh to be honest i was thinking the same when i saw the picture lol

btw, around the corner here there's a shop that sells boots like these euh .. girls are wearing, i was like: OMG 2500 dollar for a pair of boots LOL

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 17:26
just hide the faces...

-FN-
24-05-05, 18:30
RYL?

I know. That's the funny thing. RYL got boring pretty fast - yet they still have this insanely successful ad campaign going. E3 is the biggest gaming con there is and NC2 got a small showing by the least populated server. Awesome.

I wonder why I even play this game sometimes when the companies that are spearheading it don't even care to advertise. So 10t and Atari were at E3 and didn't even advertise NC2... doesn't that piss you off KK? I don't understand this games business model at all sometimes... There wasn't one single News Story or Ad on MMORPG.com about the International Release. No push on free trials on all the popular gaming sites. Seriously, look at PWG's model - they're makinga KILLING and two years ago they were just a small, no-name garage company trying to make it in the gaming world. But they do PR, PR, and MORE PR. They advertise everywhere and anywhere. Hell, they have Paris Hilton doing small ad quips for them.

So what's the plan? Make NC3 so awesome it's worth showing off at E3 next year??? It almost as if KK didn't want NC to be successful, like we were at our limitations of the hardware on server populations already or something :rolleyes:

Digital-Talios
24-05-05, 18:37
I know. That's the funny thing. RYL got boring pretty fast - yet they still have this insanely successful ad campaign going. E3 is the biggest gaming con there is and NC2 got a small showing by the least populated server. Awesome.

I wonder why I even play this game sometimes when the companies that are spearheading it don't even care to advertise. So 10t and Atari were at E3 and didn't even advertise NC2... doesn't that piss you off KK? I don't understand this games business model at all sometimes... There wasn't one single News Story or Ad on MMORPG.com about the International Release. No push on free trials on all the popular gaming sites. Seriously, look at PWG's model - they're makinga KILLING and two years ago they were just a small, no-name garage company trying to make it in the gaming world. But they do PR, PR, and MORE PR. They advertise everywhere and anywhere. Hell, they have Paris Hilton doing small ad quips for them.

So what's the plan? Make NC3 so awesome it's worth showing off at E3 next year??? It almost as if KK didn't want NC to be successful, like we were at our limitations of the hardware on server populations already or something :rolleyes:

I belive this is how many people feel. Seams that server populations are lower now then they were a year ago. I forsee things getting worse before they get better.

-FN-
24-05-05, 19:21
Actually, another funny tidbit - RYL's forums are full of people flaming PWG for lack of patches, missing promised features, etc - but PWG doesn't do a lick of coding - Youixiland the Korean developer does. So in that respect, I feel bad for PWG because while the game itself is plagued with as many issues as NC2, at least on their forums there are thousands of people posting because PWG has done their part and boosted the population sky-high. Now it's just the game developer dragging their feet.

KK, perhaps you should let someone else do the Publishing that knows what their doing and just focus on coding ;) Bugfixes and content are great, but what good are they if there aren't "MMO" sized populations to enjoy them :(

Digital-Talios
24-05-05, 19:36
it would be nice to get regular content patches...

Ghanima
24-05-05, 20:45
E3 is usually the showcase for the latest and greatest and soon to be released, and although I like Neocron I really don't think it falls in to any of these categories.

Even though there are some unique and interesting aspects to the game I don’t believe as a whole package Necron2 has what it takes to capture the eye of event goers or media it would require to justify the cost that setting up a booth at an event like E3.

KK would probably be better off encouraging current players to sign up friends by offering free playing or in game rewards.

Ghanima :angel:

Lothar IB
24-05-05, 21:59
Does not have to be e3 style event tho, they had a booth years back at gencon and i believe that was fairly successful in getting new people in.

Transformer
24-05-05, 22:24
And soon niddy's post of confidence will come putting hope into our lost souls. As each day goes by and as each members slowly drifts from the game i soon will be joining them. DO SOMETHING KK!
item tracking is nice but its not going to bring back old/new players. Fixing the bugs that have been here ever since the name Neocron was "known" is the problem. Look at almost any review and you will see "too buggy" or something of the sort.

advertising helps but no point to advertise if people arn't going to stay. my opinion is to fix most/all of the major bugs then advertise. hell i'd rather have no content patches and all bug fixes...[/rant]

Dr Strange
24-05-05, 22:46

Agreed. Have to let you speak for me vicariously here (i got hawk eyes on me) so if I were to say that well, lets just say thered be one less person around here.

Nidhogg
25-05-05, 20:29
if I were to say that well, lets just say thered be one less person around here.
Will you please give it a rest? You don't get banned for making reasoned discussion in the proper place, you get banned for breaking the forum rules. In your case, for powerposting your argument on multiple unrelated threads. I wouldn't mind, I haven't even banned you for that! I just gave you a warning!

I'm getting really tired of you claiming that everything you type is going to get you banned - it's scarily close to trolling for a start which is eventually going to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

N

Dr Strange
26-05-05, 01:50
Will you please give it a rest? You don't get banned for making reasoned discussion in the proper place, you get banned for breaking the forum rules. In your case, for powerposting your argument on multiple unrelated threads. I wouldn't mind, I haven't even banned you for that! I just gave you a warning!

I'm getting really tired of you claiming that everything you type is going to get you banned - it's scarily close to trolling for a start which is eventually going to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

N

Well, it's not my fault that every time something is discussed, my opinions are always classified as trolling or spamming or whatever. It is literally to the point where I cannot speak my mind without fear of someone (not saying anynames) pressing the all mighty ban button. But thats fine, I've learnt to just deal with that. Others who often share similar opinions usually end up saying the same, roughly, as I would. I keep to the off topic forum mostly anyway. (and lets not kid ourselfs here, if i had said the same words FN said above we all know I'd not be here at the moment)

Jesterthegreat
26-05-05, 04:38
Well, it's not my fault that every time something is discussed, my opinions are always classified as trolling or spamming or whatever. It is literally to the point where I cannot speak my mind without fear of someone (not saying anynames) pressing the all mighty ban button. But thats fine, I've learnt to just deal with that. Others who often share similar opinions usually end up saying the same, roughly, as I would. I keep to the off topic forum mostly anyway. (and lets not kid ourselfs here, if i had said the same words FN said above we all know I'd not be here at the moment)

hmm... i saw FN discussing another game, then joking about NC3...

i dont think even i would have goten banned for saying that.

:edit: maybe the joking had a sharpness to it... but it's hardly a banworthy flame for anyone :p

imper1um
26-05-05, 04:46
Still wish they would upload the GM server code to the main server code.