PDA

View Full Version : My Stance...

imper1um
24-05-05, 03:22
Alright, I have pissed off a few----actually, many people on these forums, not to mention a few hundred people in-game, I'd just like to tell you why I piss you off so much, so much that you have to hear my whole story.

The first online thing I ever did was ActiveWorlds, a 3d Program that allowed you to build whatever you wanted in the game. Initally, it was free, and I was known as The Cyber. Unfortunately, I had to leave for 2 months due to school issues, and they reset the ownership properties of all names in the program. I lost The Cyber, and became TheRealCyber (do not ask how I got The Cyber as a name...I'd go into a three page report). Anyway, in this program, I helped out alot of people, and this is where I got my full online personality. In ActiveWorlds, there was no roleplay aspect to it. It was just fun to build stuff and chat with people. It was a challenge to my brain, and also I helped out so many people in the game.

In ActiveWorlds, I had approximately 850 people on my contact list (when they brought them out). I got Messages once every 25 minutes about how to setup an ActiveWorlds server, program in a specific way how to make a building, and many other things. I had a full house that took me 10 weeks to make and opened it up to the public to show how advanced features of the game worked. TheRealCyber (TRC) for short was known as the 'helper' of the game. Of course, GMs really didn't exist at the moment, so I never got any Admin rights in the main world, but I still was asked before Tech Support. I think I actually got 5 messages from Tech Support for their help (which was hilarious).

ActiveWorlds had an entire non-RP aspect to it, which is the main reason I hate full RP. I don't mind playing by the RP Rules, aka killing Allies is not right, but when you start bringing story into the conversation and everything, I could shove a nine-iron down your throat, you nerd, basically.

(More explaination below, you can stop reading if you got your explaination, but continue reading after you see another line like this)

After ActiveWorlds, EverQuest was introduced to me by a friend. He had a Closed Beta account free since a GM liked him, but he moved away 3 days after I got onto EQ Closed Beta. I played EQ Closed and EQ Open Beta (original). In EQ Open and Closed, no one evar RP'd, which was the reason I loved EQ Beta. The main reason is they had people (besides me) enter in 'Why should you be picked for EQ beta?' question, and you'd be suprised how many people wrote a full monologue on how in the year 312 they were introduced to some guy named Nim and they had an adventure...blah blah blah. Plus, the main reason why I loved it was because only 10% of the story was actually out to the public.

I played EQ retail for 5 months, total. On EQ, since I travelled EVERYWHERE, I was known as the person who 'knew how to play'. Although I did have fun killing players, I didn't really do it often, although it was so easy. Besides being able to kill easier than killing NC's Elite, I was also known as the person who always helped characters. 2 months after the game came out, I had many friends from 35 different clans, and someone made the dumb decision to rally 230 people to produce help tickets that I would be promoted to GM position, behind my back. SOE ended up offering the position, and I ended up accepting the position, and I was given the ability to do help tickets and have the [GM] and be able to talk to everyone.

About 2 weeks prior to my promotion, the main event scripter was dismissed due to 'not enough output'. (His events were either crap and never happened enough. Half of them never worked anyway.) Another Event Scripter GM was promoted to main Scripter, but I was highly good friends with him and he coerced (sp?) SOE to hire me as a Event Scripter, and I put out alot of Events to him. (originally, there were not very many event scripters, now there's like 30+) One thing led to another, and then he decided that he shouldn't be head scripter, and he decided to switch positions with me (more $$, slightly). Of course, he was actually my 'translator' of my events, so when I was made main scripter, the coders had absolutely no idea what I was talking about in some of the scripts. Many times I had to show them exactly how it would work by porting around with them.

One day, I think Joell was drunk, but he said 'forget it, I'm tired of it'. I thought I was fired, but he said 'I'm making you Event GM right now.' He gave me full Admin rights, which I could do everything, minus banning people off of the game. This was when the fun actually started, slightly. The only problem is my events rocked. People would yell for me to do more events, but I was already churning out 2 events a week! Scripting a small event took a few hours, but I was never a fan of 'small events'. Scripting took 2-3 days per event, and setup took at least 2 hours (until they finally introduced an easier system to make and setup events, 6 days after I retired).

Unfortunately, 2 months after EQ Retail released, SOE was still nibs on how to worry about help tickets, and help tickets were handled on a 'whenever you wanted to' basis, which I usually ended up spending 80% of the day on helptickets. One day I left for 3 days and ended up having to solve (finds the screenshot) 18321 help tickets. It spent me exactly 22 hours, 43 minutes and 6 seconds to solve all of these help tickets. Even then, help tickets were still piling, so it probably amounted to 22k+ tickets. 2 weeks after that point, I got fed up with the help tickets never being solved by anyone but me. My energy level was the worst. Between requiring 9 hours for scripting, 4 hours for help tickets, and 3 hours of helping people in chat/doing GM stuff, it left about 30 minutes for me to login to my main character and have fun. On an event day, I scripted 4 hours, but the events were 3 hours long usually, help tickets always raised on that day, so I had absolutely no time. Half the time, I was always being sent messages about the event, but the helptickets put me over the edge.

2 weeks after I solved 22k+ Help tickets, I emailed SOE my letter of resignation from Main Event GM. That day, I had the biggest event to 'celebrate' my resignation, and I never looked back. Was it worth it? Hell yes. The only reason I did leave was the helptickets. Unfortunately, 6 days after I resigned, they introduced a very nice helpticket system and scripting system, but I already left EQ.

(Continue Reading if you stopped)

The main reason I don't like RPers and people that put down ideas is because of the community that I originally hung out with. Espically on brainport, saying 'you suck, go away, nib', when you haven't even read the idea or the post is completely and utterly unethical and solves absolutely nothing. Constructive Criticism (sp?) > flaming anyday. I don't care if you say 'I don't like it because...' or 'It's a good idea'. I mind if you say 'NO, Don't do this, GMs. This thing sucks, fuck off you idiot.' If I could, I would impale you with a 9 foot long rod for this.

As for RPers, I will say one thing:

THIS IS A GAME

Get over yourself. Yes, you may have read the RP to the game, but PLEASE, do not go into a self-rightous monologue about how in the year 3123 Reza rose to power blah blah blah crap. I don't give a rat's ass. You can do some RP, but play the fuggin game. When it comes to playing, I prefer killing playing instead of role playing. If I kill you on a pro as a anti, I'm RPing, to an extent. Get over it. Like I said, I like playing within RP rules, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not bring history into it.

All in all, just play the game. That's all I say. That's all I wish.

Imper1um

I also forgot about the third problem: Hypocrites. If you kill me on my pro-city alt as anti, I don't care. But if you bitch and moan that I killed you on my Anti-City alt on your pro-city alt, I will refer to the last time you killed me in the visa versa situation.

One note: Usually I do not provoke people, although if you attack me, don't expect me to sit there and do nothing, unless I'm on my PPU, which all I can do is sit there and laugh.

aKe`cj
24-05-05, 04:04
Yes, it is a game - and apart from a few rules set out by KK & the GM Crew everyone, including your very person, is free to play it anyway they like. You cant seem to find anything useful nor fun about RPing, legitimate.
-BUT-
You tell other ppl how to play the game & what to do & leave? Wtf entitles you to decide how Neocron is ment to be played? What makes your style of playing better than anyone elses that might differ? All your "been there, done that - I r master GM-hackz0r" blabla prior to that core statement adds to the flavour of your post... makes me glad there are also people who value tolerance and a interesting variety of gameplay. :)

Mr Friendly
24-05-05, 04:06
he somewhat is right imper1um, instead of tellin how to play, should just put a nice big STFU to em all who bring RP into any argument/convo etc when talking to u :angel:

Dr Strange
24-05-05, 04:08
thats alotta help tickets

brainport is an awesome forum, full of great ideas that unfortunately never get added (some do Im sure)

i played eq for all of maybe 20 minutes, i hated the GUI, the movement system was horrid, and it just wasn't fun

eprodigy
24-05-05, 04:27
i for one dont dislike you for brainport posts (they are bad though ;)) but for ingame. i dont see any roleplay by you. i dislike you because your one of the people who thinks there good but actually arent. i can at least respect someone who hasnt a misplaced ego.

*cough* there is an entire BD clan that is this way, cough drstrange is a member *cough*

Mr Friendly
24-05-05, 04:43
i for one dont dislike you for brainport posts (they are bad though ;)) but for ingame. i dont see any roleplay by you. i dislike you because your one of the people who thinks there good but actually arent. i can at least respect someone who hasnt a misplaced ego.

*cough* there is an entire BD clan that is this way, cough drstrange is a member *cough*

& ur nothing but a troller/flamer, give no support or reasoning for a single thing u say

move along.

Xephonas
24-05-05, 04:50
wtf ,so all this time i've played NC and they called it an MMORPG/FPS and they lied!

O
M
F
G

(heavily sarcastic if u didnt realise)

Go away, some people like to pk (like yourself), some people like to roleplay, because, it's a roleplay game, (well iiiii never)

sultana
24-05-05, 06:10
Although I did have fun killing players, I didn't really do it often, although it was so easy. Besides being able to kill easier than killing NC's Elite
You can't help yourself can you :rolleyes:

I enjoyed reading that though ;)

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 06:56
It brings tears to my eyes... Realy it does :D

eprodigy
24-05-05, 07:25
& ur nothing but a troller/flamer, give no support or reasoning for a single thing u say
what more support is there then seeing him on OOC every 10 min talking shit, usually giving some reason why they killed him cheap and hes so uber ;) either way hes talked way more shit then i ever will (on this forum even).

but im really not offended, consider its coming from you :rolleyes:

:angel:

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 11:16
anyone who expects the whole community to play as they do are morons. doesnt matter whether that anyone is an RPer or a PKer...

people will play how they want to. period.

Superbron
24-05-05, 12:28
people will play how they want to. period.
hear hear

Original monk
24-05-05, 12:53
you think i gonna read youre whole biography ? i stopped at the second sentance, sumthing about pissing of people ...

only reason you pissed me off is because of the xbows you where selling ... in times that they couldnt be obtained in an honest way ... i edited this post 3 times allready, this is the nicest and most polite way i can put it, so dont whine on my leet trollingskills today

Nullvoid
24-05-05, 12:57
there's something sad about you feeling the need to type out your full gaming life story...perhaps you're under the illusion that anyone is interested in it? That you're somehow important? *shrug*

CMaster
24-05-05, 15:35
Wow. He's even more arrogant than I thought. And thats the issue that people have with you, Imper. Its not your dislike of RPers. Its not that you "pwned" them. Its that your so fucking arrogant and 100% right about everything all the while. Jester mayb be a cocky git, but he doesnt presume to lord over us as you always seem to. Just trying to help you understand what the issue have with you is. And if people want to RP, let them. Just as they should leave you to play the game your way (after a fashion).

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 15:40
From reading about the amount of time you spent on those events and scripts, i'd say you have no real life.
Sad that even inside the world of neocron you manage to create your own litle world .....

When i look at your previous posts with ideas etc, i can say only one thing.
NEVER EVER start writing events of npc scripts for neocron please.

Obsidian X
24-05-05, 15:44
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what does your whole "I was the best GM ever" diatribe have to do with Roleplay, at all? I don't see the connection.

Digital-Talios
24-05-05, 21:26
whats wrong with people who get into the game? i have played many online games and unfortunetly Neocron was the only one I ever felt emmersed. While in Neocron I dont roleplay. I dont go out in the wood with a few friends and beat each other up with foam swords. The extent I rp is that I am CA trying to crush the forces of DoY. Thats about as much RP as I do. Whats the alternative? Just to log on and level till capped then pk my allies? I find that RP is a filler that adds more spice to the whole game.

Gotterdammerung
24-05-05, 23:49
Well this sure doesn't look like it's turning out the way the original poster intended. If he would like this closed please just post & say so.

jernau
25-05-05, 00:23
Not really sure what the point of all that was but claiming you were handling 1000 tickets an hour made me laugh.

:lol:

Jesterthegreat
25-05-05, 00:43
Not really sure what the point of all that was but claiming you were handling 1000 tickets an hour made me laugh.

:lol:

lol... even for a cut n paste reply that would be fucking impressive :p

thats what... almost 17 replies a minute?

Vae Victis
25-05-05, 01:43
Wow. He's even more arrogant than I thought. And thats the issue that people have with you, Imper. Its not your dislike of RPers. Its not that you "pwned" them. Its that your so fucking arrogant and 100% right about everything all the while. Jester mayb be a cocky git, but he doesnt presume to lord over us as you always seem to. Just trying to help you understand what the issue have with you is. And if people want to RP, let them. Just as they should leave you to play the game your way (after a fashion).at least jester can think up more original names for his chars
CMaster, CMuster, CMoster

seriously.. o_O

CMaster
25-05-05, 01:46
Yeah, I lack creativity. Also, it saves me saying "Its 'x's alt"

Gotterdammerung
25-05-05, 07:02
if you guys are picking on each others names whats next? who's dad is the toughest?

Stick to the format and try not to flame plz

Mr Friendly
25-05-05, 07:32
if you guys are picking on each others names whats next? who's dad is the toughest?

Stick to the format and try not to flame plz

my daddy can beat up your daddy :eek: :o :p

imper1um
25-05-05, 08:00
Replies to all this stuff:

I'll take the flaming. I've had my flamed moments. Espically has a EQ GM. I don't know how it happened, but everytime there was a major bug, I got blamed (wasn't even a DEV).

The one thing that I hate about, so far, half of the people posting, is the exact type of people that I hate: people that do not read. I asked you to read something that requires 2-3 minutes out of your time. After the bold line, you can skip down.

I don't try to act like a god. Right now, I will tell you, I suck as an APU, and as a HackNet Spy. I rock as a PPU, which immediately says that I could not kill you if I tried, but I could get someone else to kill you.

------------------
Individual Posts:
- Jester: I don't expect people to play as I do. I don't care how you play, just don't be a hypocrite about it.
- Original Monk: A GM recently scanned my accounts for hacks, exploits and all the like. My friend had 30 2 Slot Milky Rens in the place of his 1 slot xBow (it was a 1 slot xBow that you get it from, I think). I did have an xBow, but I didn't have 30+ of them either. This is offtopic.
- Nullvoid: Yeah, my entire gaming story, for people to realize my stance on gaming. I just hate full RPers that do it 24/7. I had to do a in-game EQ wedding one time...I was commissioned to set it up. They bought the priest an account, and I had to setup the characters with the special avatars for it...blah blah blah. Worst ever event I had to setup (I thought it was stupid). (sorry, rambling). Anyway, I hate full RPers. I don't mind the RP aspects of playing the game, but when you are talking full on history into the game while attempting to shittalk to me...That's nerdular, to say the least. ;-)
- Cmaster: I don't mind people playing RP in the game. I can ignore that. It's when they bring me into that crap...That's when I get peeved. It's also the fact when they are monologing inside DRE HQ when I want to fricken blow thier heads off.

- Others: I meant this post for people to slightly understand. Obviously, you guys are cock-blocked arrogant players that is, unfortunately, typical of the gaming days of today (ahh, the olden days, when flaming was ********). I'm just sick and tired of people stressing about this game like it's real life. You died, so what? You can GR out, get pokes and attempt to PK the person I am trying to protect. :p

This is what I say:

Play the game. I have much more fun PKing than anything else.

Really, I like all ya guys, and hate all ya guys equally, just letting you know I only be an ass because it's fun poking fun at you guys. :D

Peace out

imper1um
25-05-05, 08:01
Well this sure doesn't look like it's turning out the way the original poster intended. If he would like this closed please just post & say so.
Nah, I have endured 6 years of flames. You think these nibs can say something that I haven't seen before? LOL

Bugs Gunny
25-05-05, 08:51
I think he posted it as a selfadvertising GM job aplication :-)

Well, imperium, if you EVER become a gm, i'll willingly leave neocron and play a bloody tradeskilling elven wizard in the worst sword and sorcery piece of crap out on the internet.

enigma_b17
25-05-05, 09:55
u do know that this is an MMORPG rite?

u do know that RPG stands for Role Playing Game rite?

If so.....Why in holy dear gods name do you play a Role playing game if you dont want to role play? It makes no sense and just shows you to be a fool. Im not suggesting that you HAVE to role play to play it, but I mean it is what its sposed to be.

It's also the fact when they are monologing inside DRE HQ when I want to fricken blow thier heads off

I don't expect people to play as I do. I don't care how you play, just don't be a hypocrite about it.

LOL....you sir, are a Hypochrite urself

Morganth
25-05-05, 11:36
u do know that this is an MMORPG rite?

u do know that RPG stands for Role Playing Game rite?

If so.....Why in holy dear gods name do you play a Role playing game if you dont want to role play? It makes no sense and just shows you to be a fool. Im not suggesting that you HAVE to role play to play it, but I mean it is what its sposed to be.

LOL....you sir, are a Hypochrite urself

Any game where you play a character that isn't a direct replica of yourself in real life is classed as role play. For imper1um, he just uses his avatar in NC as a doorway into another world. The extent to which he uses it is up to him, not you, to decide. So if all he wants to do is kill, let him kill. If you want to stand around discussing the weather and whether or not the anti-climax over the Steppes sectors is going to move north, thats up to you.

But until KK say in the EULA that you have to roleplay, all I can say is get off his back.

Bugs Gunny
25-05-05, 12:01
My god, someone actualy likes the guy....

Original monk
25-05-05, 12:25
...I did have an xBow, but I didn't have 30+ of them either. This is offtopic...

ow, i tought you said sumthing else in youre brainport post .. also things you say on trade can be read by everyone .. this is indeed completly offtopic

i aint gonna start all over again on the same subject ... my response here and in the brainport post are/where not exactly comform the forumrules either, i know ..

.. i chose you cause you posted about bows and milky rens on the forum, i know others certainly wouldnt ..

ciao

Morganth
25-05-05, 13:14
My god, someone actualy likes the guy....

I have yet to witness anything that would result in me not liking him. I don't like 95% of people who wear the NC-Elite tag, and I don't like anyone with an FF tag above their head. But then again, who does? :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
25-05-05, 13:25
Well, when we were crahn and at war with FF, everyone else in the dome seemed to like them just fine.

But that was not the topic.
I've never seen anyone on this server been so full of himself, fight that bad, come up with such a spam of bad ideas and at the same time abuse every known bug as much as imperium.
Last time we went after him, we spent 1 minute trying to kill him as he was clipping into objects, or just hiding inside them with his ppu. So much for skills.
As for his ideas, abusing gamemechanics was now proven not to give you automatic insight into them.
As for his first post in this thread..... Wanna bet people hated him so much he finaly just had to leave that game?
It's nothing but a pathetic plea to consider him as gm, or have some people respect him. Well, i don't respect him, not for the stuff he does ingame, and certainly not for the stuff he does outside of the game, because by reading his post it can be sustained that he has no real life to speak of.

Mr Friendly
25-05-05, 13:30
Well, when we were crahn and at war with FF, everyone else in the dome seemed to like them just fine.

thats somewhat bad heh, ppl of the Dome would rather Like FF than you guys :eek: :lol:

Bugs Gunny
25-05-05, 13:33
Yeah, i just don't get it.

We were actualy writing npc scripts 24/7, we handled 5000 tickets per hour and we thought of ourselves as the BEST gm's on the server.....

imper1um
25-05-05, 13:41
Whoops! Typo! Didn't realize that, that's 48 hours, not 18 hours!

CMaster
25-05-05, 13:47
Get over yourself. Yes, you may have read the RP to the game, but PLEASE, do not go into a self-rightous monologue about how in the year 3123 Reza rose to power blah blah blah crap. I don't give a rat's ass. You can do some RP, but play the fuggin game. When it comes to playing, I prefer killing playing instead of role playing. If I kill you on a pro as a anti, I'm RPing, to an extent. Get over it. Like I said, I like playing within RP rules, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not bring history into it.
This is where you start being agressive and suggesting people shouldnt RP. Where you tell other people how they should play the game. If you don't like hearing someone RP, just ignore them, or if you really have to, put them on your ignore list. Also, whle we are all (including myself) arrogant to some degree, and irritating to some degree, you really, really should look at your attitude before accusing others of some. Like I say, the feeling I have always got from you (or almost always) is that you consider yourself somehow above the rest of us. Anyway, I'm verging on flaming here so I'll stop.

enigma_b17
25-05-05, 14:42
go read that post again morg, i was in no way telling him what to do....simply asking why he was playing a rpg if he didnt want to roleplay.

Jesterthegreat
25-05-05, 15:04
i dont tend to RP... but if someone starts an RP discussion with me i can think well enough to reply in the same manner.

i remember being in NCAT (TG) and having a political discussion with Cerbitank (leader of Underworld - CA). i'm no RPer but its not hard to argue in RP :p