PDA

View Full Version : Patch 133 & 134 Bugs

Odin
23-05-05, 22:19
You guys know the drill. All bugs no chit chat :)

enigma_b17
23-05-05, 22:24
Exp mind ctrl 3 not sold in Biotech fsm :/

Dr Strange
24-05-05, 03:17
the new overhead pa messages in doy are too silent, the ambient background sounds drown it out

BradSTL
24-05-05, 05:11
This is now the fifth patch since the patch where we were promised that the all-buyer in Tsunami Sector was fixed. After each patch, I've asked Lupus what happened, and each time, he assured me it was a simple mistake and the change would make it into the next patch. It still hasn't.

I spent a lot of time today wandering around the Dome trying to hear the new announcements. First of all, they are either missing from or way, way, way less frequent in every sector except sectors 05 and 10. I spent long times in sectors 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08 and 09 without ever hearing it once. (I may have heard something in sector 09 near the tunnel that goes to sector 10, too muffled to make out.)

Should I assume that these announcements are the ones that have been added to my neocron2\sound\vox\cityannouncement\ directory? There are 17 sounds there, including 3 each for the various factions in the Dome. But in all my time wandering around the Dome today, I only heard two announcements. I can't tell you their filenames for sure because I don't have a utility that will extract .wav files that have been pak'ed, but I suspect they may be the two "all" files, because I heard both messages in both of the sectors that had messages. One says to be vigilant for Reza's spies on every corner, the other says to report any subversive activity to the nearest propaganda officer or face the death penalty for not doing so. I heard no other voice message.

As for Hacknet, based on Lupus's description of the AI changes in my "Hacknet PVE analysis" thread, the mobs in the Infected Storage 3 and in High Security Login did not get the new AI changes. In all four sectors, firing on any mob attracts the hostile attention of 75% of the mobs on the whole map. I haven't checked the travelways yet, which had the same problem; that's on my list of things to do yet.

Mobs in High Security Login have 5000 hit points each. For a level 50 mob to take longer to kill than a level 100 Decayed Horror, in a map with so many of the things, that has to be wrong.

Brammers
24-05-05, 10:35
Hacknet bugs:

Killing a DRE Faction DNS Countermeasures 60/60 mob gives no money. I used to get about 1.4k a kill before. I've not checked the other DNS's.

Selendor
24-05-05, 10:55
Not really a bug but if I exit Neocron by pressing Alt+F4 I get a light blue screen, before it was black or white.

Also, the past evening I crashed twice, and on both occasions I went straight to my desktop. I have never had this kind of fatal before, normally I get either a 'Fatal Error' or '++Runtime Error' message.

[TgR]KILLER
24-05-05, 11:20
Not really a bug but if I exit Neocron by pressing Alt+F4 I get a light blue screen, before it was black or white.

pressing esc then waiting 10 seconds then pressing exit at the lower right corner fixes that one ;x

only bug i find real annoying is the new sounds are completly stuck way in the background impossible to hear. and as brad said in some sectors i think they don't even work at all. ran around for a good 30 min's and just after crossing 5 zones and after 20 min i heard something in the background i couldn't even follow with my speakers on max.

Eckhart
24-05-05, 12:20
I spent an hour wandering through the Dome. I only heard one announcement, about reporting things to Propoganda Officers, and I heard it in an Abandoned Sector (5)........Not one announcement in a civilised sector. I hope thats a bug and not intentional.

Mr Friendly
24-05-05, 12:42

Also, the past evening I crashed twice, and on both occasions I went straight to my desktop. I have never had this kind of fatal before, normally I get either a 'Fatal Error' or '++Runtime Error' message.

ive had that before, also back in nc1, normal, just a rare form of FRE

Nullvoid
24-05-05, 12:45
Yesterday I was droning in el-farid(with my LE still in), some guy died to the giant black scorpion we were both attacking and I took a major SL hit...luckily it only went to -3 but erm...to have my LE in and still take an SL hit...that was fun.

BradSTL
24-05-05, 13:10
Yesterday I was droning in el-farid(with my LE still in), some guy died to the giant black scorpion we were both attacking and I took a major SL hit...luckily it only went to -3 but erm...to have my LE in and still take an SL hit...that was fun.
That's an extraordinarily old bug. As in a two year old bug. It happens to every droner eventually. Heck, I had it happen to me twice in one day, once.

nobby
24-05-05, 14:15
DOY announcements are either hard to find or too quiet...

capt-o
24-05-05, 23:56
I've heard the 2 announcements in sectors 5 9 and 10. I've heard 3 ambient sounds I didn't notice before, chain clinking,
a pick on stone sound, and a wind noise.

I makes sense that you don't here it in all sectors of the dome . The place was blown apart by a nuke. Not just explosion, but EMP, would be involved as well. That a citywide announcement system doesn't work everywhere, perfectly, in a wartorn city, all at once, makes alot of sense to me.
Of course it may be a bug as well.

Also the guy in the screenshots is telling some high brow jokes..... I don't get it.

-FN-
25-05-05, 00:09
Zoning several consecutive times on a vehicle will yeild in a completely gray screen. You can still see yourself moving on the mini-map however. You have to jump off your vehicle (deadly if you're flying) and toggle Alt+E to get your screen back and resume driving.

This bug sucks hardcore now that I've started using gliders.

BradSTL
25-05-05, 21:35
After patch 134, the announcements in the Dome are still screwed up. Less screwed up than they were, but still screwed up.

You need to roughly double the volume in sector 7. Even with the sound turned all the way up, I couldn't make out half of what they two longer ones said. (And as a Tsunami, wasn't very fond of what little I did hear.)

You need to crank the volume up even harder than that for the announcements in sectors 4 and 9. Even with the sound up, I could barely tell that there were announcements playing.

Even with the sound turned all the way up, I heard no evidence of there being any announcements in sector 6, none at all.

You need to raise the volume of the announcements about 50% in all of the remaining sectors.

After patch 134, the ambient sound effects in the Dome seemed too loud to me. I think you turned them up more than you intended to.

Tratos
25-05-05, 21:37
i thought the ambients were a nice volume, with the annoucments up a bit it may balance the sound out a bit.

Also, the FA and TG annoucement voices are pretty cool and sound like they could crush a few throusand people, lol

CMaster
25-05-05, 22:54
honor emote while wearing PPU PA results in sex emote being run...

Riddle
26-05-05, 13:58
Don't know if this is related, I just re-activated ;)

But at the login screen when i press enter the screen go's as if its loading char data but then returns to enter screen with no error message.

Fine on second attempt. This happens when i change chars aswell, takes two attempts???

Never used to happen to me before.

Brammers
26-05-05, 15:16
Don't know if this is related, I just re-activated ;)

But at the login screen when i press enter the screen go's as if its loading char data but then returns to enter screen with no error message.

Fine on second attempt. This happens when i change chars aswell, takes two attempts???

Never used to happen to me before.

This happens to me as well. The offender I've found in my case was Norton Antivirus. Turning real time file scanning off fixes this, but there is no way I'm turning my virus scanner off, nor should KK expect you turn it off to play the game.

Mighty Max
26-05-05, 17:07
This happens to me as well. The offender I've found in my case was Norton Antivirus. Turning real time file scanning off fixes this, but there is no way I'm turning my virus scanner off, nor should KK expect you turn it off to play the game.

I've NAV (2005) running here too. No problems. Maybe you should fasten that scanning process up with keeping your drive in shape. Guess that would fix this timing issue ...

CMaster
29-05-05, 17:36
30/30 Countermeaseurs in uplink sectors do more damage than 80/80s i travel zones...

Dirus
29-05-05, 18:05
30/30 Countermeaseurs in uplink sectors do more damage than 80/80s i travel zones...
Not all Hacknet zones have had their mobs reset. This may be a case where the 30/30 mobs are still using their old rules.

RogerRamjet
29-05-05, 18:44
Takes 2+ attempts to log in and often having to restart the client. Gets better and worse every couple of patches it seems.

zii
30-05-05, 15:58
Inventory rearrange. Moved big RepLube from position a2,a3 [It takes up two squares], into position a1,a3. This caused a Runtime Fatel.

I haven't had it for awhile now but, I got it 10 seconds ago.

Dribble Joy
30-05-05, 18:34
The low lvl HN dungeons (or at least the one in P2) have giant unknown mobs in them, they do no dmg, but give xp and cash.

capt-o
30-05-05, 18:37
This isn't a product of the latest patch but i don't know where else to post it (doesn't deserve it's own thread).

The problem is with the AOE fusion weps and the flash effect they cause with every shot. It is really irritating for the user and anyone around it. Especially bad for droners as this type is the strongest AOE wep you can get without a rare.

This has been around awhile I know, but it seems like something that just needs a couple numbers changed.

Manged to capture the effect down in El Farid Underground. The shot isn't quite as bright as it gets. You are totally blind at one point.

Brammers
30-05-05, 23:07
In Hacknet you can research items, but you can't repair items. (Dunno about construction.)

Toxen
31-05-05, 00:19
Yes would be nice if kk told us how to turn off the Fusion Flash effect as it can hurt after a while of playing?

Dribble Joy
31-05-05, 23:22
No idea if this has been mentioned allready, but the second mission of the rigger n00b mission is broken, you get all the NPC dialogue, but no mission.

-FN-
31-05-05, 23:36
Actually - dunno if this has been mentioned either - The second mission of the Droner Quest (I think) is bugged in that the Mission Time is f-ed up if you take the Subway to Pepper Park. If you do that, you will get "Mission Failed!" every time, no matter how fast you are. But if you leg it, you'll complete the mission.

Very odd...

Toxen
02-06-05, 16:51
Wonder what happens if u gr into PP while running the mission then

Tickles
02-06-05, 17:06
I get stuck on log on after the splash screen it's just black except for the bits at top of bottom... theres not Log On box or background picture...

Basically I can't play :(

-FN-
02-06-05, 17:25
Tickles, talk to Comie - he just had that problem. Switching driver modes and resetting the precache models option usually fixes it.

And shame on you for not asking us first ;)

a4nic8er
08-06-05, 02:42
Experimental ReflexBooster Spine vendor has gone A.W.O.L. again. Was in CM Faction Supply Office at MB (90 CM FS required to purchase). I heard that "It was decided that that was the wrong place to sell them". Better than no place at all though, hmmm?

Or is there a secret that nobody is letting me (and some rather desperate players around) in on?