PDA

View Full Version : Patch 133 & 134 Discussion

Thanatos
23-05-05, 14:18
Patch Notes (http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?id=103&lang=eng&)

The servers will go down at 2 PM CET for approximately 2 hours.

Kuya
23-05-05, 14:20
Is michael, the NCP for the CM Epic back already?

Siygess
23-05-05, 14:22
Great news on the implementation of a "/me" command - someone give it a try and let me know how that's handled - emote visible in chat window or visible above avatar - or both?

Not so sure about the increased lifespan for spawned mobs though - I haven't done it yet, but wont that mean there will be more high-level quest mobs wandering the OZ, and for longer periods of time?

BradSTL
23-05-05, 14:22
Patch 133 Notes

- Tweaked Hacknet NPCs.
- Improved AI efficiency of guards and Hacknet mobs.
- Added Experimental-MindControl CPU 3 to the Biotech Faction Supply Manager.
- Added environmental sounds to DoY city sectors.
- Added city anncouncements to DoY city sectors.

- Improved server-side error handling of mission system (improving server stability).
- Increased maximum number of mobs that can be spawned by mission NPCs.
- Increased lifetime of mobs spawned by missions.
- Added "/me" text emote option.

Brammers
23-05-05, 14:23
Edit: Brad beat me to it...Mod please delete this post.

Dribble Joy
23-05-05, 14:27
Not a huge one then....

Good stuff anyway.

BradSTL
23-05-05, 14:28
(Laughing out loud never seemed more appropriate. Tag, Brammers.)

Patch, by the way, was already up on the FTP server before even the game servers finished shutting down: ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/. 13.4 megabytes.

In the nuked-out ruins of the Dome of York, we don't have a roof. 90% of our housing has gaping holes in the walls and ceilings. We don't have the debris swept up. We have arcing wires hanging from the ceiling in every sector. War Games Inn (Neofrag) and Club Veronique are still under construction. But we have a PA system that broadcasts advertisements? Then I hope that they're less froofy, more martial, than the ones in Neocron City.

We have Experimental Mindcontrol 3 CPUs in Biotech, where of course they belonged. Now, when are you going to make up your minds where to put the Experimental Reflexbooster 3 and 4 spines?

Dribble Joy
23-05-05, 14:29
The file is 14 megs, methinks there is more than just AI tweaks and things (unless the sounds are big and stuff).

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 14:30
Now, when are you going to make up your minds where to put the Experimental Reflexbooster 3 and 4 spines?

i know exp 4 was in CM... dunno about 3

but i guess since it was a special NPC it may need to be spawned again post patch :p

Brammers
23-05-05, 14:34
The file is 14 megs, methinks there is more than just AI tweaks and things (unless the sounds are big and stuff).

14 megs? That a *BIG* Bugfix patch. hard to see sounds taking up that much space. (Compare to a mp3 song which lasts 3 mins and takes up 4 megs.)

CMaster
23-05-05, 14:35
They refused to spawn it after Patch 131...
And sounds are quite big. So yes, quite a minor patch. No "item tracking works!1111" no "Herbalis mission works". Still, not bad - and I for one prefer regular small patches to rare big patches.

Dribble Joy
23-05-05, 14:37
Depends what sound types they are using, the music is mp3, but afaik, the rest of the sound stuff is .wav, which is uncompressed and easy to acces fast.

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 14:39
No "item tracking works!1111" no

lemme quote niddy.

/edit - latest update on item tracking is that the server-side changes are indeed completed and rolled out in a previous patch. Not all items are tracked, only items of "value" (the definition of "value" is yet to be determined) and we're now waiting for the access tools and support process changes to be effected. I'll give a more complete picture as and when I get the details.

item tracking works etc isn't in a patch anyway. afaik its all server side. and comming bit by bit. and as i already heard it was already working in some way.

Slynis
23-05-05, 14:40
I were hopin for something usefull in this patch :(

Atleast bringing in another woc item

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 14:49
I were hopin for something usefull in this patch :(

every patch is usefull. only there are people who only think a patch is usefull when they get new toys to play with. fixes and tweaks are more usefull then new items TBH.

CMaster
23-05-05, 14:50
Bringing in the first WoC items was undicumented - who's to say that there isnt more undicumented changes this patch (there normally are plenty).

Original monk
23-05-05, 14:53
i like the patch, if hacknet got tweaked .. tough i didnt test yet ... tonight !!

if ya really want wocitems then they better start with making extra woccaves, the one we have now is kinda boring lol :P or give the doytunnels lvl3 and mc5 (aka hilevelcontent) also a small chance in dropping woc's :P

things im heavily waiting for is itemtracking wich was very closeby according to nidhogg and ffcourse npcplayershops or sumthing likewise like an auction where you can put youre weapon in .. winner gets the weapon automatically in inventory when auction ends :)

tough im happy with everything we get :) we shouldnt be greedy he :)

Seven
23-05-05, 15:17
They have to be holding out on us.
14mb for that?

Come on KK, what's the big surprise? O_o

Tantta
23-05-05, 15:34
Not a big patch at all but all little changes are welcome.

Nullvoid
23-05-05, 15:35
"rumoured to contain a mix of content and fixes."

All I see is fixes, what are they slipping in the backdoor? more item tracking features? :D

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 15:39
All I see is fixes, what are they slipping in the backdoor? more item tracking features? :D

like i said.. uhm i dno were. itemtracking is on the server. and i doubt the tools to use item tracking will be in the retail client. so i doubt that ;)

then agian half of this patch is server only changes i gues. i don't think they changed that much on the client.. i'll read the patch log when i patched :p

Dribble Joy
23-05-05, 15:51
/me cranks away at the rumour mill some more..... :D

Selendor
23-05-05, 15:57
/me is happy to see a patch but annoyed at Dribble Joy for stealing my gag.

Nidhogg
23-05-05, 16:04
KILLER']itemtracking is on the server. and i doubt the tools to use item tracking will be in the retail client. so i doubt that ;)
You doubt correctly. Item tracking will be a completely invisible feature as far as you're concerned...

N

/edit - unless you lose something valuable, of course. ;)

Heavyporker
23-05-05, 16:36
Anyone been testing the hacknet thing?

Bugs Gunny
23-05-05, 16:39
Anybody test this itemtracking yet?

/ME ........

*Bugs Gunny Hands a 5slot cs to friend and then sends an email about lost item*

Original monk
23-05-05, 16:59
squeeky KK voice over the phone: "we cought em bugs, it was a person you knew well, betrayed by someone in youre own ranks !"

bugs: "i knew well ???"

KK: "yeah, we took the liberty of banning all he's accounts, here ya go bugs: youre nice 5 slotted cs back !!"

bugs: "glup 8| "

Bugs Gunny
23-05-05, 17:01
LOOOOL
That was a good one original.

Morganth
23-05-05, 17:26
Glad to see a /me emote, should provoke more roleplay. Always wanted to be able to go semi-afk somewhere and type "/me scratches his arse".

BradSTL
23-05-05, 17:36
Tsunami Infected Storage 1: No change.

Tsunami Infected Storage 2: No change.

Tsunami Infected Storage 3: No change.

Tsunami Sector Low Security Login: Damage per shot is reasonable. Hit points on the mobs reasonable. Range way, way too long, up in the vicinity of 50 to 60 meters.

Tsunami Sector Medium Security Login: Same problem, but because mobs are so tightly clustered even as a rank 50 character I was getting the crap pounded out of me by rank 20 mobs. Nothing I couldn't survive, but a rank 12 character (20 divided by 1.5) almost certainly can't do it.

Tsunami Sector High Security Login: Oh. My. Expletive-Deleted. God. OK, let's get the only not broken parts out of the way: mob range was about right, and damage per shot was, if anything, a little low. That's really good, though. Because the moment I opened fire on a single mob, twelve of the level 50/50 mobs in there swarmed me at once.

The second problem was even more aggravating than that. Apparently, the level 50/50 mobs in High Security Login have 5000 hit points each. At combat rank 52, doing 112 points of damage per shot, it was taking me slightly over 40 hits per mob to bring them down.

Do the math. 12 mobs swarm me simultaneously. 42 shots per mob to bring them down. Over 500 shots before I could move from the first platform. Oh, but wait, there's more. By the end of that first platform's fight, I'd drawn aggro from another four mobs. So of the 20 mobs in the sector, 16 of them swarmed me before I'd moved 10 feet. So it was probably closer to about 600 or 700 shots. Plus the vast number of times I had to re-cast regeneration and defense. I think I went through seven level 2 hack boosters just to get off that one platform.

But I still wasn't angry, just aggravated. Then, having finally cleared nearly all of the mobs from the sector, I was able to access the database icons. (See screenshot attachment.) And here is what I got from right-clicking on each of them:

http://infamousbrad.com/patch133-shot01.jpg http://infamousbrad.com/patch133-shot02.jpg

Oh, no you don't. Do NOT tell me that I took an hour and fifteen minutes to kill 20 mobs that had easily 5 to 10 times the hit points they should have had, getting next to no XP because they were below me in level, to get two error messages? What, are you going to seriously tell me, as hard as it is to get spine fragments, that I need Codebreakers to get any loot out of High Security Login? Are you out of your freaking minds?

(If you have the same thought I did, namely you're supposed to kill and loot them, don't. There went about 50 points of soul light down the drain. Did I mention to you that they shoot at you the whole time you're near them?)

I haven't tried the travel ways yet. But since I did not see any AI changes to the other six dungeons, whatever you did to the AIs was obviously too subtle for me to notice. They still swarm en masse as soon as you attack one of them. And the ones in infected storage still run away to the edge of the map and orbit indefinitely after 25% damage.

Other than bringing the damage per shot back in line with what it was supposed to be, the only change I saw to the Low, Medium, and High Security Logins was that the first couple of mob spawn points were removed, so you do have time to regenerate, recharge, and buff up before moving. But only barely, and don't stand there too long; in Medium Security, I'd only barely finished recharging and running defense before one of the nearest mobs drifted close enough to aggro on me.

On an unrelated topic, I heard no announcements while wandering around Tsunami Sector. I did see one guard where I'd never seen one before, in front of Medium Security Login, but he may have wandered over from the elevator. Even with the music turned off, it took me a while to recognize the new ambient sounds. They're subtle, and vaguely appropriate; so far, so good on that front.

CMaster
23-05-05, 17:40
New announcements are very, very quiet.

imper1um
23-05-05, 17:54
Brad, did you forget your decoder? You need one to be able to get those.

Exioce
23-05-05, 17:57
what the heck is the difference between Mindcontrol 3 (which was with the BT fsm already) and Experimental Mindcontrol 3 (which is apparently added)?

CMaster
23-05-05, 18:01
nc.synergyxr.net

Mr Kot
23-05-05, 18:20
Not so sure about the increased lifespan for spawned mobs though - I haven't done it yet, but wont that mean there will be more high-level quest mobs wandering the OZ, and for longer periods of time?

The OZ1 mobs never did despawn, and they didn't have to. And if they did, it wouldn't be a problem as you don't have to kill them for the quest.

The OZ5 "Tulip" guy is the one who had to be killed and kept disappearing before anyone could dent his health.

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 18:32
btw. offtopicish. i think you can delete the announcement now ;x since the servers are up and running. at least from the replies i gues lol.

Netphreak
23-05-05, 18:57
Just out of curiousity did they ever sort out the shotgun pistol that could only be made from parts found in hacknet?

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 18:58
Just out of curiousity did they ever sort out the shotgun pistol that could only be made from parts found in hacknet?

HN theme week has been on hold for... months

:edit: hn theme weeks started on 06/04 i think... if not earlier. that makes it at least 11 months into it ;)

Netphreak
23-05-05, 19:01
HN theme week has been on hold for... months

:edit: hn theme weeks started on 06/04 i think... if not earlier. that makes it at least 11 months into it ;)

So hacknet should be perfect by now... :rolleyes:
Btw which Ceres or WoC cave is actually open atm? and what sector is it in?

Tratos
23-05-05, 19:05
Hacknet theme week started 29/11/04, 6 months ago. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119151)

And yeah i've heard two of the new DoY accnoucements, supposedly Reeza's minions are behind very corner and you havr to stay vigilant, aswell as report any bad people to a propaganda officer for immediate terminiation. this was in the abandoned sectors and were very quiet, anyone heard any others? faction ads? shop adds? anything?

The new ambient sounds are quite cool in DoY also, makes a little bit more livey

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 19:15
New announcements are very, very quiet.

as he said.. ran around doy for an age waiting for new sounds.. went to a load of sectors can't remmeber them all but went from FA to tg then crahn ab04 then bd to CC then all the way back again.

halfway trough comming back i heard some voice in the background. but even putting my speakers ( creative 5.1 ) on max volume i still couldn't understand a word he said.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 19:18
Hacknet theme week started 29/11/04, 6 months ago. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119151)

the ntheyr carefully snuck in threads from "14-06-04 11:17"... which is 11 months ago :p

Comie
23-05-05, 19:29
cant find the EXP mind control 3 on any of the BT FSM's i belive yu missed it

Brammers
23-05-05, 19:30
Right where is the bug thread.

Ok first bug which is not fixed, is the BT FSM still does not sell the Exp Mind Control 3 chip.

landofcake
23-05-05, 19:36
Increased lifetime of mobs spawned by missions.

Whoops, now it's going to make it even more difficult for those lowbies doing an epic, zoning out into Outzone Sector 1 from the subway and then being dropped by a high level mob that some git spawned and didn't kill for the Pro-City mission.

Tratos
23-05-05, 19:36
I dont know if this is linked to the size of the patch or anything or even if the patch added this, but theres now an rposv3 folder in the gfx folder of NC O_o

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 19:48
I dont know if this is linked to the size of the patch or anything or even if the patch added this, but theres now an rposv3 folder in the gfx folder of NC O_o

if you open the patchlog and just do a search for the name rposv3 you find it already in patch cp000103.pat quote from patchlog

opening gfx\rposv3\rpos_armor1.bmp
found in pak-Archive.
gfx\rposv3\rpos_armor1.bmp successfully patched

sooo :X

patchlog doesn't show anything off record as far as i can see. patch just did what the patch was supposed to do :p patchfile is so big because the music / sound files are .wav not .mp3 ;)

Brammers
23-05-05, 19:53
That RPOS V3 folder has been there for the new drone interface since late last November.

Toxen
23-05-05, 20:05
Yar just had a look at the size of my neocron files new sounds about 7 meg for just the english announcements double that for the german copies so we just short of 14meg in total sound so the rest is scripts.

Tratos
23-05-05, 20:48
Anyway to listen to the new annoucements out of game?
If any methods are considered legal by KK would like to know :)

Dribble Joy
23-05-05, 22:19
Remember that this was not a HN fix, but a tweak.

BradSTL
23-05-05, 22:23
Brad, did you forget your decoder? You need one to be able to get those.
If you're pulling my leg, I'm falling for it. My what?

Dribble Joy
23-05-05, 22:32
what the heck is the difference between Mindcontrol 3 (which was with the BT fsm already) and Experimental Mindcontrol 3 (which is apparently added)?
The mindcontrol is +dex, +rcl. Exp. mind control is + dex, + int, +rcl, +wpw, -str and - wep

Digital-Talios
23-05-05, 22:54
exp mindcontrol 3 is teh best... been waiting nearly a month now for this little wonder item... now i guess i need to focus on a Riggers Dream :(

Nidhogg
23-05-05, 23:16
Anyone noticed if the old Yakarma announcement has gone from NC now? I asked for it to be removed (based on feedback from this forum) and just wanted to check.

N

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 23:40
Anyone noticed if the old Yakarma announcement has gone from NC now? I asked for it to be removed (based on feedback from this forum) and just wanted to check.

N

if so then good work... it's a little thing but it stops confusion for new players :p

:edit: see nid... i can post positive things :p

Tratos
24-05-05, 00:03

N Nice work :) small things like this make quite a big difference to the atmosphere, moving this a step up any chance of having the NCPD Annoucement corrected? (Via 2 -->3) and possibly the graphic Yakarma (and all the other old shop names which dont actualy have shops) adverts removed/replaced/updated?

LiL T
24-05-05, 00:23
Love the new sound we have in doy but one sound that still annoys me ever since I started playing is that thunder when it rains. It don't sound realistic enough its like something out of a 60's movie yuk and very distorted, perhaps some new thunder and lighting effect are needed

Selendor
24-05-05, 01:19
This isn't really a bug, but I noticed that if you alt+f4 now you get a light blue screen before you exit (direct x7).

Also I have fataled two times this evening with no 'fatal exception error' or 'runtime error' message. Just goes straight to desktop. Thats a new one for me.

Nidhogg
24-05-05, 01:37
Any chance you can pop that one on the bug thread as well please? Sounds like it should be captured there also.

N

BradSTL
24-05-05, 10:55
(Poor Diamond, everybody picks on them. That's the one I use, too, because I can count on not being distracted by enemy runners.)

The new AI changes also did not propagate to the travel firewall mobs or to the DNS mobs.

Contrary to what I said above, I guess that 5000 hit points isn't too much for a level 50 mob, I guess, it's about the same as a level 60 mob and has lower resists. It just felt like it was taking forever to kill them because of the AI screwup; each one would sweep in, take a little damage, and then change places with another one. I have to nearly-kill all of them before I actually manage to kill any one of them.

There are level 30 stationary mobs called Intrusion Countermeasures Daemon 1.1.1, you find them in clumps of four inside uplinks and in clumps of 4 to 8 at a time in faction firewalls. They used to be no big deal, about average damage for a level 30 mob. That is to say, if you survived running past all the level 80 mobs to get that far, a couple of level 30 mobs were window dressing. Not now, though! Level 30 ICD v1.1.1s now do more damage than the level 80 ICMPs in the travel ways. As in, a LOT more. As in, with near-capped level 3 defense and regeneration, and with 37 CON specced for pure hacknet, five hits would have killed me.

I'm honestly not sure I want these mobs changed. Something that hits that hard but has no more hit points than a level 30 mob makes an interesting security daemon. But the rank is way, way wrong now; it should be at least 85, maybe 90. Otherwise, bring the damage down to where it was before patch 133. So either the damage output is bugged, or the rank is.

I don't know if it's a bug or an undocumented feature, but the level 60 Intrusion Countermeasures Daemon 2.2.2s inside the faction DNSes are now doing about 25% more damage than they used to. As a solo level 56 hacker, two of them are now enough to be scary, and the four at a time that I usually have to fight are genuinely seriously scary. I don't think they needed this tweak.

I took a couple of codebreakers (and boy, wasn't that a pain in the arse with the changes mentioned above) back into High Security Login in Tsunami Sector, with TL90 datacubes. I still get "access denied" from the database mobs. Either I'm doing something wrong and can't figure out what, or those scripts are bugged.

BradSTL
24-05-05, 11:04
The following sign has been added all over the place in Dome of York sector 10, including a giant translucent banner draped over the (still blocked) doors of Club Veronique:

http://infamousbrad.com/fireclub.jpg

Do I dare hope that they mean it'll be a tiki club (http://www.konakai.com/)? :cool:

And could it possibly be that it won't be any longer than the roughly a month between when the "coming soon" NPCs and set decorations went up in sector 05 and when the new Voice of the Resistance offices opened? :)

Tratos
24-05-05, 17:01
You got an ingame screenie of that? O_o

BradSTL
24-05-05, 17:20
As you wish.

Tratos
24-05-05, 18:03
sweet thanks, interesting.

Dirus
25-05-05, 06:04
- Improved AI efficiency of guards and Hacknet mobs.Just to clarify this abit, the "guards" part is in reference to the various guards in and around the cities.

The following NPC's should now have a higher aggressive nature and attack more frequently. i.e. less spamming of their warnings before attacking, as well as move a little bit faster.

CityAdmin Security Officer
Diamond Real Estate Security Officer
N.E.X.T. Security Officer
ProtoPharm Security Officer
Tangent Technologies Security Officer
BioTech Security Officer
Tsunami Syndicate Security
Black Dragon Thug
Brotherhood of Crahn Inquisitor
Brotherhood of Crahn Grand Inquisitor
CityMercs Soldier
Twilight Guardian Soldier
Elite S.T.O.R.M. BOT UNIT
SECURITY UNIT MK II
Signal Intelligence Officers
44th Special Forces
Screaming Horse Agency

enigma_b17
25-05-05, 09:16
they attack more quickly, but they still do the damage comparable to that of a spider bot.

Morganth
26-05-05, 15:26
Do the guards attack you depending on your symp with them?

Because I use my APU to raid Plaza 3 via DRE HQ, and I can run anywhere in the zone without getting attacked (I have -50 or less in every symp except DRE, which is at 100). I also have -SL when I run around, yet only one guard shouts a warning at me and he's on the top layer of P3. Even the copbots don't attack me with -SL, which I am sure is wrong.

If its because of my symp with DRE, I think that needs reworking. Its a little unfair that I can run outside DRE HQ and drop the unbuffed defenders, and even chase them to the P1/P2 zonelines.

This only started happening in this patch, as my tank had -17 SL and negative symps with everyone (no faction) before the patch and couldn't go anywhere without getting attacked by guards.

Dribble Joy
26-05-05, 16:09
If you are clanned, then guards seem to ignore symp.

Morganth
26-05-05, 17:35

Unclanned, hence wondering whats going on. I feel sorry for those I can chase to the zoneline when they try and run away :p

Dribble Joy
26-05-05, 17:54
I can't remember at what symp gaurds start attacking. Perhaps it changed?

eprodigy
29-05-05, 06:52
The following sign has been added all over the place in Dome of York sector 10.

for some reason that image is ghosted all over the walls in one room of my BD epic apt. the one directly to the right coming into the front door.

Obsidian X
29-05-05, 16:06

I wonder if guards react to your clan sympathy (a rarely used feature) as opposed to individual symp...?