PDA

View Full Version : Red SL Players...

Jake Cutter
23-05-05, 06:12
Had this idea today while helping my clanmates at CA HQ today....

Red SL players should only be allowed to genrep to their apartments, or to their faction's HQ. Anywhere else, all guards fire on them.

It is really lame for someone to zone-whore at a faction HQ entrance, then cool their heels when they kill or be killed at that HQ's genrep.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

netster
23-05-05, 06:43
well some red players need to change factions, u'll block them to run into their desired factions HQ :/

Jake Cutter
23-05-05, 06:47
Let me clarify a bit...

Someone killing Tangent members and gathering red SL because of it, should not be allowed to genrep into Tangent to chill while their SL returns to normal.

If you are wanting to join a prospective faction, you're not going to be ganking members of it.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Tostino
23-05-05, 06:52
I see no prob as it is. If your faction symp is too low then they atack you on sight anyways.

Xeno LARD
23-05-05, 08:34
Nah, the last place they should be allowed should be faction hqs. As the whole concept of red sl is crap if you can safely run tl 150 research missions in an safezone. o_O

And Tostino, it'd be fine if the faction guards would actually work properly.

enigma_b17
23-05-05, 08:53
the nc guards (ie all of em, copbots, storm bots, and those screaming horse lads) are completely useless. They take a good while to kill a solo spy, never mind any1else.

as for the idea....i Think faction HQ genreps should be based on sympathy. IE if you're anticity or just have low symp and have low symp with that faction then you cant gr in to that factions hq, and vice-a-versa for pro-city in doy. The gr's in zones like plaza1/2/3 etc should still be open.

-FN-
23-05-05, 08:56
I see no prob as it is. If your faction symp is too low then they atack you on sight anyways.

Says one of the three Ally PKers that were hugging the CA HQ zoneline :rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 10:15
If you are wanting to join a prospective faction, you're not going to be ganking members of it.

you will get red sl changing from doy to nc or the other way around cause then you do gank allied even if its just npc's to get your symps up

i'v never seen guards shoot their own faction. at least in nc1 dno if they changed it but as long as guards were green to you they never shot you. i had - symp and - red symp with loads of factions and yes even loads of green's / yellow's but they never fired a shot on me. they only yell like there is no tomorrow. but barking dogs don't bite or something :p

solling
23-05-05, 10:42
well SOMETHING has to be done against the people who choose an allied or neutral faction just to be able to pk without the guards shooting them, guards should shoot people if they have below -16 SL no matter faction etc

RogerRamjet
23-05-05, 11:45
guards should shoot people if they have below -16 SL no matter faction etc

I agree completely, that would fix alot of problems of people running missions in a safe zone.

netster
23-05-05, 12:06
back in NC1, the guards were attacking u, when your symp is -35 or even lower. think they do same still. well, if u'Re tangent and want to change to faction X ... u'll not kill runners X-times just to go back into your own faction-HQ to do TL150 missions ;) u'll move into your new faction's hq...

[TgR]KILLER
23-05-05, 12:33
back in NC1, the guards were attacking u, when your symp is -35 or even lower. think they do same still.

maybe i'm special then. i had -50 to -99 with all factions exept for ts and fa ( moved from ts to fa a loooong time ago ) but no guards shot me.. ever..

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 12:34
as for the idea....i Think faction HQ genreps should be based on sympathy. IE if you're anticity or just have low symp and have low symp with that faction then you cant gr in to that factions hq, and vice-a-versa for pro-city in doy. The gr's in zones like plaza1/2/3 etc should still be open.

wouldnt stop ally killers, would stop enemies though (or at least hinder them :p)

Heavyporker
23-05-05, 12:50
I support anything that stops red SL lameness. Frankly, red SL is there for a reason!

Street
23-05-05, 13:06
and its not to banish people to there aps or faction hq, people roleplay as killers too, its how they play the game

enigma_b17
23-05-05, 13:06
wouldnt stop ally killers, would stop enemies though (or at least hinder them :p)

yea would stop certain nibbish clans from gring into a certain faction hq in a certain district of a certain server and doing something certain with zone lines and doing something certainly and sidiously evil.

Nullvoid
23-05-05, 15:27
thanks for that crash course in how to fit the word certain into a sentence without overdoing it. Oh and yes, having red sl and still being able to run missions in your faction HQ is a joke, the only people not in favour of the change are upset because it will make roleplaying their psychotic killers harder, aww diddums.

edit(2nd) - come to think of it they should only be able to GR into the wastelands. The first place people would look for a murdering sob is in their place of residence...for them to be able to sit there until their sl goes green...jokes

Riddle
23-05-05, 15:30
and its not to banish people to there aps or faction hq, people roleplay as killers too, its how they play the game

Roleplaying as a murderer/Killer of allieds is fine, but Neocrons justice of Red SL is by no means a fair punishment for what is an easy crime.

If the game allows you to kill anyone it needs to have a stronger justice system.

To truly roleplay a killer you would relish your Red SL, live in the outzone and KOS anyone...But hell why do that when you can kill all run a few missions and hey presto green?? WTF.

On topic -
- Apartment is to easy, no one can hunt you down! and you can just leave on overnight to gain SL. With Red SL you shouldn't even be able to get into your apartment!! Run forest Run!
- HQ to easy, unless guards shot all red sl who genrep in lets see you run those tl150 missions now :)
- In fact Why the hell your faction give you a mission when you got Red SL??? :D

Flame on :eek:

Richard Blade
23-05-05, 16:08
I vote yes on the condition that when you say, "Restricted to their apartments and faction HQ" you are also saying that they can go anywhere in the wastes that they want.

But, yes, shot on sight in any other "civilized" location.
That's not Twister in I 09, or places like it of course.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 16:43
I vote yes on the condition that when you say, "Restricted to their apartments and faction HQ" you are also saying that they can go anywhere in the wastes that they want.

But, yes, shot on sight in any other "civilized" location.
That's not Twister in I 09, or places like it of course.

doy isnt civilised... its a skum pit. they are all terrorists, petty criminals and geeks...

should anti city get away with it? :p

Morganth
23-05-05, 17:35
To truly roleplay a killer you would relish your Red SL, live in the outzone and KOS anyone...But hell why do that when you can kill all run a few missions and hey presto green?? WTF.

All that happens is people come along with a PPU to gank you for your belt. A load of people on Saturn (including myself) created n00bs, when red SL and factionless and lived in Crest Village or OZ. We used only what we collected, and every once in a while when we could recycle the parts, we would go into the city to buy a new gun or w/e. It was all well and good until the same lamers kept coming back and killing us to raise their SL. Over and over and over again, untill the people that started this bout of roleplaying decided to stop what they were doing (and they either moved to another server of quit NC, can't remember tbh).

Now unless you were a godlike PPU with red SL, you would get ganked for your kit because people see you as an easy target.

imper1um
23-05-05, 17:51
Plz plz plz PLEASE do not delimit Red SL players. You'll fuck up everything when people have stray bullets unless the SL system is fixed.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 17:52
i hate when i accidently kill 3 or 4 good sl people...

by accident...

Vae Victis
23-05-05, 18:16
and its not to banish people to there aps or faction hq, people roleplay as killers too, its how they play the game amen.

Toxen
23-05-05, 18:45
Says one of the three Ally PKers that were hugging the CA HQ zoneline :rolleyes:

Hmm that reminds me of something I forgot to post about couple weeks back now there was a massive fight at CA HQ zoneline group of FF or Paradox I think can't rember.... anyway they were inside the set of doors in plaza 1 that leads to the HQ so the CA guards weren't agroing.... basic zone whore fight going on both sides in and out of the safe zone and low and behold in the middle of this a Copbot spawns in the area inside the doors of CA HQ in plaza 1 zone, I'd take this as a sign that GM's don't really approve of zone whoring but due to the ammount of aoe gettin chucked around in close quarter the Copbot soon became a nusiance to City Players aswell :(

Toxen
23-05-05, 18:48

amen.

And people roleplay Cop's too, and people roleplay jailers too and people roleplay the person that puts a killer to death in places with the death penalty.
So by using the we're only roleplaying exscuse you wouldn't mind having your character put in a high security jail your extremely unlikely to breakout of and your willing to have permadeath put in the game.

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 18:58
And people roleplay Cop's too, and people roleplay jailers too and people roleplay the person that puts a killer to death in places with the death penalty.
So by using the we're only roleplaying exscuse you wouldn't mind having your character put in a high security jail your extremely unlikely to breakout of and your willing to have permadeath put in the game.

RP does not mean the game is 100% real life.

i've seen CA's RP as cops. however NC doesnt use american laws or english laws... it uses Reezas laws. there are no NCPD / CA run prisons... there is a death penilty

Toxen
23-05-05, 19:19
True, and true of the law of reza, so lets introduce perma death

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 19:28
True, and true of the law of reza, so lets introduce perma death

somehow i dont think its up to a city admin runner to make that dicision.

how about you obay Reeza like a good pro city runner?

Richard Blade
23-05-05, 20:52
doy isnt civilised... its a skum pit. they are all terrorists, petty criminals and geeks...

should anti city get away with it? :p

:lol:
It could be "by the standards of your peers." and say that a group of peers acting in conjunction, even as such in competition with one another, would be displaying properties of civilization. In which they would be considered civilized by their own standards. Temujin was very civilized by the standards of the people he conquered, but is considered a barbarian by the standards of most modern civilizations.

I guess the point to what I said is that even in a hive of scum and villany, there is a standard of behaviour which is accepted and which is frowned upon. So, even in the den of inequity called DoY, there is a precedence for "civilized" behaviour.
Thus, it's a civilized area.

And if that isn't clear, I'll end with this.
I am using the word civilized as a measurement of a groups societal moors, not as a rock hard definition of how expect others to behave.
:cool:

zii
23-05-05, 21:02
I think that there shoul be TH (not FA) guards in TH. They should only open fire on red SL players.

Next make HQs unsafe zones and bob's your uncle. [Maybe with CA and NCPD an exception as these factions/police probably made the safezone technoology,although perhaps they licenced it to some other NC factions?]
Add some anti-red SL guards to a couple of them(?), and make the faction gaurds observe a zero-tolerance gun policy - The same way as the NC1 guards did.

Shenyu Reza
23-05-05, 21:05
No.:)

Toxen
23-05-05, 21:10
No there should be Trader Union Guards At TH

Richard Blade
23-05-05, 21:22
You refute his statement with this

RP does not mean the game is 100% real life.

i've seen CA's RP as cops. however NC doesnt use american laws or english laws... it uses Reezas laws. there are no NCPD / CA run prisons... there is a death penilty

then say

somehow i dont think its up to a city admin runner to make that dicision.

how about you obay Reeza like a good pro city runner?

So, you acknowledge that Reeza's law states that no matter what crime is committed, the penalty is death.
Then tell a CA runner that it's not up to him? He's just stating what Reeza said and you agreed with in your first post.

A little bit hypocritical? :p

Torg
23-05-05, 21:52
we're having a discussion on red SL and how to treat it right here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1814737)with some different solutions.

Infinite
23-05-05, 22:37
It should be made a lot EASIER to live with red SL... not making it harder ffs lol. Its nearly impossible for most classes to live on the edge as you have to much to lose. Being red should like make you drop 2 items and not have a safe slot or something. If that was the case then i might agree with them not being able to GR to certain places. As it is they need all the help they can get. I'd love to have a character in red 24/7 but can't afford to lose his.her items as fast as i would. (every1 dies)

Inf

Toxen
23-05-05, 22:50
Rofl its piss easy to get rid of red soul light pic up a few TL 150 cubes run the missions and badda bing ur in the green,

I'd love to have a character in red 24/7

So you like to ally kill then?

Oh and RED SL does make u drop more than one item and disables you safeslot that is obviously not such a disausive system and its common agreement the current SL system needs redesigning

Jesterthegreat
23-05-05, 23:28
You refute his statement with this

then say

So, you acknowledge that Reeza's law states that no matter what crime is committed, the penalty is death.
Then tell a CA runner that it's not up to him? He's just stating what Reeza said and you agreed with in your first post.

A little bit hypocritical? :p

i'm saying you can play how you want. if you want to attempt to RP a cop thats fine... maybe i will RP someone who sees you as what you are.. .a member of the city admin, not a member of the NCPD. that could also be seen as RP.

however we are not the authorities. like it or not, NC is a dictatorship. when reeza says, goes. if you want to RP making decisions for him... expect other people who RP cops to put an end to your actions as treason.

:edit: i said its not up to him to introduce perma death. i highly doubt Reeza gives every member of the CA faction permission to delete someones gr data and give him perma death. do you think this is likely?

zii
24-05-05, 02:55
It should be made a lot EASIER to live with red SL... not making it harder ffs lol. Its nearly impossible for most classes to live on the edge as you have to much to lose. Being red should like make you drop 2 items and not have a safe slot or something. If that was the case then i might agree with them not being able to GR to certain places. As it is they need all the help they can get. I'd love to have a character in red 24/7 but can't afford to lose his.her items as fast as i would. (every1 dies)

Inf

Agreed. I stilll stick to my suggestion above, and as someone else suggested, make the TH gaurds the TU. Why not....

It would be nicer to reduce the 5 item drop/no quickbelt. I am trying to make a viable factionless redSL killall killer tank ATM, and the huge item drop prevents me from doing so. Its a role I'd liek to play, but the current game dynamics make it daft to do so. Sigh.

Richard Blade
24-05-05, 03:01
i'm saying you can play how you want. if you want to attempt to RP a cop thats fine... maybe i will RP someone who sees you as what you are.. .a member of the city admin, not a member of the NCPD. that could also be seen as RP.

however we are not the authorities. like it or not, NC is a dictatorship. when reeza says, goes. if you want to RP making decisions for him... expect other people who RP cops to put an end to your actions as treason.

:edit: i said its not up to him to introduce perma death. i highly doubt Reeza gives every member of the CA faction permission to delete someones gr data and give him perma death. do you think this is likely?

My mistake for referring to him as a CA runner. He said what he said as a player of the game, not as his character in a role.
He was pointing out that the people who roleplay killers and mass murderers have a one sided game going. If they would truly play their role, if someone killed them, they would erase their alt.
Reeza wouldn't want mass murderers running around harming his citizens. If they get caught, they'd be killed and deleted.
Either that, or all the maniacs would be wearing some form of copbot armor or be parts on a ceres war chasis.

I appologize to Toxen if I've misunderstood what he was getting at.

But, someone whoring the zoneline and killing people coming out of synchro then running to a safe zone when he takes damage or wants to fix his SL, is pathetic. The guards should kill that guy if his SL is around -32 or so.

Infinite
24-05-05, 03:50
Rofl its piss easy to get rid of red soul light pic up a few TL 150 cubes run the missions and badda bing ur in the green,

So you like to ally kill then?

Oh and RED SL does make u drop more than one item and disables you safeslot that is obviously not such a disausive system and its common agreement the current SL system needs redesigning Easy to get out of red SL? Of course it is but what about ppl that don't want to. People that wand to play on the edge as a murderer, with the current system its impossible.

I know it does.... thats what I was saying..... but at the current time you get far to much of a disadvantage while red. YOu don't just lose SL for killing allies. CM might as well not exist, its basically impossible to play one.

LiL T
24-05-05, 08:40
Yeah lets punish players for enjoying the game the way they like to enjoy it :rolleyes:

I'm getting sick of people complaining about greens killing greens your all talking a load of shit tbh I have yet to see this mass ganking of allies. plz tell me where it occurs.. what about the people that went CM to kill people they will lose SL to since there neutral to all but TG, would you consider that griefing ? What about BD killing TS runners who are rivals that griefing to is it ?

What If I don't like you and I just want to shoot you in the face, this game is the way it is if you can't accept that then go play FOMK which is pure role play. I bet you will be bored out of you brain after 2 hours because of the stupid rules which force you to play the way the carebears want you too.

OR better yet go play the simsonline or put you LE chip in you obiviously don't want to be killed, when some one anyone attacks me ingame I go after them and kill them.

Jake Cutter
24-05-05, 09:25
If you want to play a bad guy (depends on the point of view, I guess) I really have no problem with that.

Someone said that there should be a mechanism that allows people to play criminals.

Well why not? We need to give the cops (CA) something to do, right? As has been suggested before, there might be room in this game for a faction that is hostile to everyone. But if you're a criminal, don't expect to be able to walk the streets completely unmolested by law enforcement.

I just don't think it's particularly fair for someone to kill members of a faction, then genrep into that faction's HQ to wait off the neg SL, only to repeat the process of zone-whoring and ganking.

This isn't anti-PK by the way, as it is fun hunting you down. If you want to come back for more fun, that's fine...but you shouldn't be allowed to do it from the HQ genrep.

Regards,
Jake Profitt

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 09:40
There is not that much allied killing as there used to be.
Right now it's just a few people.
Some actualy do roleplay a part (venom). Others just use an allied faction to circumvent the guards.
As an enemy it is just too hard to raid both cities.
DOY you just can't get into due to the instashooting guards near the gr's.
NC has way too much para going on.

Besides, there's too much attention being given to those allied killers. They thrive on the shittalk during and afterwards. Most enjoyable thing is to reply politely or just stay silent and go after them.

LiL T
24-05-05, 10:28
You can't play as a proper murderer in this game you drop everything, you might think you could be carefull and hide it out. Sure you might be able to but you would only be killing easy prey (noobs) because if you attack other players same rank or skill you will die sooner or later and when you die its game over at -34 SL.

All the crying in the past about people killing other people has turned this game more and more into carebear land. I don't mind the copbots or being KOS to everyone I like fighting alone against small groups anyway. Its the belt drops of 5 items at -17 SL and one extra item for every -1 sl below -17 that pisses me off a bit. If I could I would kill everyone I would be a no faction runner self sufficent able to poke able to clone ammo and live outdoors stalking people while they hunt for tech parts.

But you can't do it in this game, I can do it in EvE-Online playing as a pirate I kill everyone I see for there stuff but even that game has been turned into a carebear grind. LvL 4 agent missions in eve paying out about 25 -50 mil isk per hour who needs to venture out of safe space ? No one there all in secure space grinding the NPC missions, that game turned from being fun for the pvpers that first started playing that game when it went retail. To turning into a carebear npc grind game with just one patch, the point is I don't want every game I play and enjoy the way it is ruined by the noobs that can't handle getting killed.

/edit if you can't accept the fact that other player can and will shoot you in an online game, then you shouldn't even be playing computer games.

I allways imagine non pvp type's to be the sort of people that would throw there best friends new playstation control pad off the wall when they beat them at a game of mortal combat...

Bugs Gunny
24-05-05, 10:32
I'm all for anarchy breed being implemented.
Enemy to all, maybe neutral to BD.

LiL T
24-05-05, 10:40
I'm all for anarchy breed being implemented.
Enemy to all, maybe neutral to BD.
Aye something like this would be good perhaps they don't even lose soulight for killing each other

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 10:58
/edit if you can't accept the fact that other player can and will shoot you in an online game, then you shouldn't even be playing computer games.

I allways imagine non pvp type's to be the sort of people that would throw there best friends new playstation control pad off the wall when they beat them at a game of mortal combat...

hahaha

nicely said ;)

any "anti PK" people can find a non combat game... or they can use an LE...

any tradeskiller can use an LE or the variety of safezones (15 of them i think?) theres no one in this whole game who doesnt have access, or couldnt gain access with minimul effoert, to a safezone.

instead of whining that you got killed, it's time to accept that by removing your LE you chose to be invilved in PvP. now i'm sure everyones as sick of hearing that as people are sick of hearing "i dont see ally killing as PvP"... well get a clue. i'm a player. if i attack an ally, he's a player. all there is to it. if you dont like it reroll as an LE'd char. one of the venom lads rerolled a ppu and got to 75 base psi in 1 day, so don't gimme bullshit about how hard it is.

Superbron
24-05-05, 11:39
Make red SL people genrep to a kind of prison when they're dead. There they can try to get their SL back up again. Elsewhere they are being shot by all guards.

Richard Blade
24-05-05, 15:50
hahaha

nicely said ;)

any "anti PK" people can find a non combat game... or they can use an LE...

any tradeskiller can use an LE or the variety of safezones (15 of them i think?) theres no one in this whole game who doesnt have access, or couldnt gain access with minimul effoert, to a safezone.

instead of whining that you got killed, it's time to accept that by removing your LE you chose to be invilved in PvP. now i'm sure everyones as sick of hearing that as people are sick of hearing "i dont see ally killing as PvP"... well get a clue. i'm a player. if i attack an ally, he's a player. all there is to it. if you dont like it reroll as an LE'd char. one of the venom lads rerolled a ppu and got to 75 base psi in 1 day, so don't gimme bullshit about how hard it is.

Nobody in this thread is whining that they got killed.
Nobody in this thread is against PvP.
Nobody said that ally killing wasn't PvP.

What is being pointed out is that people are wanting their cake and eating it too.
They want to be "EVIL" and do "EVIL" things so they can be cool and "EVIL".
But, they want to pay no penalties for their anti social behaviour.
If this is supposed to be a role playing game, and these "EVIL" people are claiming to role play, then they should be able to face the role play penalties.

Either that or go play another game to paraphraise your insulting statement.

Or, I want massive benefits for having a character who doesn't have negative soul light. Then the "EVIL" players can be considered normal.

The point of the thread though is to stop people from killing someone that gives them negative soul light and then resting and relaxing in their victims HQ's.
They should only be safe in their own HQ, their apartments, and be allowed to travel where ever they want in the wastes. But, not safe in other HQ's, nor around either cities guards.

Enemies are one thing, but "truly evil bastards" are a menace to society. Either of them.

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 16:03
Nobody in this thread is whining that they got killed.
Nobody in this thread is against PvP.
Nobody said that ally killing wasn't PvP. just like i didnt say this was directed at anyone in particular...

What is being pointed out is that people are wanting their cake and eating it too.
They want to be "EVIL" and do "EVIL" things so they can be cool and "EVIL".
But, they want to pay no penalties for their anti social behaviour.
If this is supposed to be a role playing game, and these "EVIL" people are claiming to role play, then they should be able to face the role play penalties.
hmm... where did someone say there should be no penalties? i must have missed that bit.

Either that or go play another game to paraphraise your insulting statement. no i think i'll stay, i like the PvP system in this game.

Or, I want massive benefits for having a character who doesn't have negative soul light. Then the "EVIL" players can be considered normal. i want god mode... doesnt mean shit does it?

The point of the thread though is to stop people from killing someone that gives them negative soul light and then resting and relaxing in their victims HQ's.
They should only be safe in their own HQ, their apartments, and be allowed to travel where ever they want in the wastes. But, not safe in other HQ's, nor around either cities guards. a guard is just doin his job... how about askin for more copbots in HQ's? (and that copbots do real damage too...) would a CA guard gun down a CA runner... then say to the NCPD "he was a naughty boy"? how about letting the NCPD handle criminals?

Enemies are one thing, but "truly evil bastards" are a menace to society. Either of them.

then maybe the society should respond, rather than the society expecting KK to make it all better?

kill the red SL people before they get to a HQ / GR. hack their belts. equip loyal runners with the equipment... use their own stuff against them.

Digital-Talios
24-05-05, 16:37
Make red SL people genrep to a kind of prison when they're dead. There they can try to get their SL back up again. Elsewhere they are being shot by all guards.

Like this idea. Sorta like an anarchy zone where they can kill each other...

could call it the Wastland Penal Colony!

Richard Blade
24-05-05, 19:14
just like i didnt say this was directed at anyone in particular...
I must have missed that. Although, most of your statements have a broad sweeping range as to who they seem to be directed at. But, if that's what you say, you must be right.

hmm... where did someone say there should be no penalties? i must have missed that bit.

Nobody has really said it in those words, but everyone yelling about 5 item drop being too harsh, and many other statements just like that, lead into a very carebear attitude about not being able to face the music. Do the deed, pay the price.

no i think i'll stay, i like the PvP system in this game.

I was quoting what you said, and since you say your statement wasn't directed at anyone in particular, obviously mine wasn't either.

i want god mode... doesnt mean shit does it?

I thought you were a better fighter than that? :p Besides, what's that got to do with anything?
I said benefits, not cheatmodes. If they can play without penalties for bad behaviour, as some of us play with "good" behaviour, why shouldn't we be given little extras or perks for that behaviour when the bad people won't be penalized? It's all hypothetical. If the penalties stay the same, I don't want anything different for good behaviour than what we have now, which is only one safe slot. Edit: By good behaviour, I'm refering to people who don't always ally kill, and tend to keep soul light above 10 if possible. Two of my PvP alts always hover around -3 to 25. Stray bullets and accidents as it were.

a guard is just doin his job... how about askin for more copbots in HQ's? (and that copbots do real damage too...) would a CA guard gun down a CA runner... then say to the NCPD "he was a naughty boy"? how about letting the NCPD handle criminals?
I tend to agree with you on most of this. But, a CA guard wouldn't gun down the CA runner. No matter how bad he was, if he's in that faction, he's safe in that HQ. A faction has to be true to it's own. Otherwise, how could that faction expect the runner's loyalty?

How I read Jake's proposal is that the "EVIL" guy is safe in his Faction HQ and his apartment. But, other HQ's should boot him out of their safe area via death and a genrep ride.

then maybe the society should respond, rather than the society expecting KK to make it all better?
I wish they would. It seems though, anyone who gets sick of it rerolls to LE, or quits the game. There also seems to be a larger factor of "evil" than "good". Can't forget the guys who just stand and watch. If they all came together, yes, they could do something about the "evil" guys.

kill the red SL people before they get to a HQ / GR. hack their belts. equip loyal runners with the equipment... use their own stuff against them.

Sure, that happens once in a while. But, most of them that do this start with good SL and end with zone whoring near the HQ of the people they are killing. So, most people don't get the chance to kill them. But, it's a good idea.

I've tried my best to explain the "proposed" reasons and results, if you don't get it, or just want to argue, I'm done replying to what you say. Probably done with this thread.

Jesterthegreat
24-05-05, 20:41
Sure, that happens once in a while. But, most of them that do this start with good SL and end with zone whoring near the HQ of the people they are killing. So, most people don't get the chance to kill them. But, it's a good idea.

if they zone whore you "dont get much chance to kill them"... this is because they are in a safe zone half the time?

well they cant kill you in there either...

personally i dont like zonewhores, but it tends to mean 1 less gun unloading on you.