PDA

View Full Version : Proposed feature: /set resynch 1

StanBasanovitch
20-05-05, 11:17
Have you ever been wondering why your riffle wasn't working, or why you couldn't activate a medikit, only to discover after a relog that your riffle was in fact your armor helmet, and that your medikit was a x-heated plasma ammo pack that had mysteriously come in your quickbelt ?
Have you ever had items vanishing, implants that would not be implanted, and so on ... ?
All these are most of time resolved with a relog.

There are many times where a forced full resynchronization of the client with the server without need to relog would be very usefull.
A command like "/set resynch 1" could do that.
I think there would'nt be much bad side effects, as it just makes the character state coherent with its reference state on the server (well ... hope there is a reference state somewhere :p)

Moreover, this command might help to solve, as a workaround, the "stuck in synch" issue when connecting/reconnecting, or when zoning. (I say "might" as I don't have a clue about the cause of this problem. Does even someone really know ... ?)

netster
20-05-05, 11:34
well .... once my 5slot holy heal was gone ..... i was like feeling dead >_<
after relog it was still in my 1st qbslot :D

Bugs Gunny
20-05-05, 11:56
How much would you pay for an unmodded 5 slot holy heal if it made your cry to lose it?

I'm selling some :-)

netster
20-05-05, 11:59
my nuts? :D dunno, mine is near all artifact (hency nc1relict) ;) but tell me your price per PM :D

Superbron
20-05-05, 14:20
well .... once my 5slot holy heal was gone ..... i was like feeling dead >_<
after relog it was still in my 1st qbslot :DYeah, first time this happened to me I was like WTF!!!#$%&*@!! But fortunately a relog always solved this.

So a /set resynch 1 would be nice. It would remove the hassle of relogging.

Mr Kot
20-05-05, 14:37
Damn good idea. Five stars.

[TgR]KILLER
20-05-05, 16:07
good idea.. but only if kk fixed a bunch of other stuff.

if this option would replace the old relogging.. then people would never relog for drugflash. or other stuff :p would be good if it got my pa working again.. pe pa is bugged as hell. always been.. 9 out of the 10 times it gets the you cannot use this implant bug :/

Tostino
20-05-05, 16:59
Nice idea! It would have been nice to have this for my old HC pe. For HC-MC pe's if you have a Marine in and you die there is a 99% chance you will have a inv bug.