PDA

View Full Version : Renaming implants and weapons

Superbron
20-05-05, 11:11
Hi,

I think it is quite curious that e.g. Biotech labeled stuff is being sold by other companies and not by Biotech itself. I know that there is a storyline behind it: stolen originals etc. but wouldn't it make more sense to rename the items to the faction they are sold by?

Greetz,

Bugs Gunny
20-05-05, 11:12
I am NOT updating all my excell sheets......

Dribble Joy
20-05-05, 11:18
I am NOT updating all my excell sheets......
Diddums.

Yes, this should happen frankly, and it did with a number of weapons.

zii
20-05-05, 21:51
No this doesn't make sense. Many companies sell the same product under different names in different marketplaces. An old and outdated example are the Snickers and Marathon chocolate bars.

Many companies rebadge the products so that they can be sold under another brand. Sun Microsystems sells plenty of Sun internal discs although the original manufacturer might be Fujitsu or Seagate. If you take the disc out of the Sun MultiPack you find this, but on the outside it says Sun.

i suggest that you take your Experimental Reflexbooster and scratch off the silver coating and you may find that it says Biotech somewhere.

Dribble Joy
20-05-05, 22:37
It depends on if you are reorganising the weapons or redefining them.

An imp might move factions, but that doesn'y mean that the imp the therefore still manufactured by the old faction.

aKe`cj
20-05-05, 22:53
there is a big difference between manufacturer and shop/dealer... :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
20-05-05, 23:22
there is a big difference between manufacturer and shop/dealer... :rolleyes:

So why doesn't the manufacturer choose which dealers it sells to more carefully? Biotech anti-gamma bones should be on sale in crytons.