PDA

View Full Version : Advanced assault glider

Superbron
20-05-05, 11:06
Hi,

Is the advanced assault glider worth speccing points in VHC? And which class is the best for flying it? It seems to me that INT=90 combined with STR=60 cannot be achieved by any class without the use of drugs.

Does anybody have a setup that meets the requirements for this glider (INT=90 STR=60 VHC=96 H-C=91) without the use of drugs? Thanks in advance!

Greetz,

netster
20-05-05, 11:41
there is no non-drug setup for the pe's to use it. u need at least 1 drug for int.

Superbron
20-05-05, 12:16
there is no non-drug setup for the pe's to use it. u need at least 1 drug for int.Was afraid so :( Strange though that the thing can't be flown without the use and drugs. Damn the pilot who needs to take drugs to be able to fly a plane IRL!! :eek:

CMaster
20-05-05, 13:26
Show me a one drug setup, and I will be very, very impressed. Also, you can't use the advanced assault in the default view mode I discovered - you end up constantly shooting your gunner...

Superbron
20-05-05, 13:38
Show me a one drug setup, and I will be very, very impressed. Also, you can't use the advanced assault in the default view mode I discovered - you end up constantly shooting your gunner...
It is possible with only 1 drug, but unfortunately the drug needed is one of these 4: Kri'nakh mushroom, Kri'nakh nightshade, crescent tabs or tiger blood.
All aren't in the game I suppose... :(

Edit: only with nightshade (INT+13) or Crescent tabs (INT+10) it's possible. Use a PE with Neural 3, SF, SS, Hacking 3, Smart Cyb. 4 and there you are.

Nevertheless: very odd being forced to use a drug to be able to fly something...

Dribble Joy
20-05-05, 13:43
Neural adv 3, moveon, SF, hack 3, smart cybereye 4, adv nerves, imp glove = str 60 int 89. One drug needed..

Gulinborsti
20-05-05, 13:43
It is possible with only 1 drug, but unfortunately the drug needed is one of these 4: Kri'nakh mushroom, Kri'nakh nightshade, crescent tabs or tiger blood.
All aren't in the game I suppose... :(

Edit: only with nightshade (INT+13) or Crescent tabs (INT+10) it's possible. Use a PE with Neural 3, SF, SS, Hacking 3, Smart Cyb. 4 and there you are.But such an IMP setup is completely useless, which proves the requirements need to change. qed.

CMaster
20-05-05, 13:45
Erm, Nightshade is Str+10, Melee+40 (and something else I think). I suppose with Mushrooms (Int +10, Psi+5) its possible. OK, so one drug can be done. But with reasonably availble drugs, its either 2 drugs for int or one drug for strength and one for int...

Superbron
20-05-05, 13:45
But such an IMP setup is completely useless, which proves the requirements need to change. qed.Yes, I second that!

Quod erat demonstrantum :lol:

Superbron
20-05-05, 13:48
Erm, Nightshade is Str+10, Melee+40 (and something else I think). I suppose with Mushrooms (Int +10, Psi+5) its possible. OK, so one drug can be done. But with reasonably availble drugs, its either 2 drugs for int or one drug for strength and one for int...You're right on the mushroom/nightshade.

Edit: Never mind.

So a setup with only one drug is possible. You'd be terribly gimped though. I vote for lowering either the STR or INT requirement so we don't have addicted pilots anymore. Wayyyy tooo dangerouzzz :D

CMaster
20-05-05, 13:49
Nope DJ - the glove removes the HC you need to fly it...

Dribble Joy
20-05-05, 13:53
Swap the moveon for a riggers and use a str drug.. oh like a nice +HC one like beast.

//edit.. shag.. wait a sec

Superbron
20-05-05, 13:56
Hm, a spy with zerk 2, zerk 1, move-on and str-booster 2 reaches STR 50. :mad: Also 1 rare drug (nightshade) or 3 non-rare drugs would do...

Dribble Joy
20-05-05, 14:01
You can do it with 2 non rare drugs.

neural 3, SF, SRI, hack 3, adv nerves 3. beast and BF.

Or:

neural 3, SF, moveon, hack3/SRI, adv nerves, mushrooms.

Heavyporker
20-05-05, 20:26
I'm sure I piloted adv. glider on only one INT drug. But that was with adv. nerves spine, which meant I need beast for the STR. Never use X-Strong as a vec drive - it has this massive -20 vhc!!!

Ghanima
20-05-05, 20:50
What happens if the drugs run out while you are flying the thing? Do you get ejected or lose control over the glider?

Ghanima :angel:

capt-o
20-05-05, 21:04
I imagine it's like drugging for drone's, you only need drugs to get in. Though drugs present a problem at zone lines for gliders.

Heavyporker
20-05-05, 21:56
a problem?!?!

dying and having the glider blow up isn't a problem.

Drugging really needs a fix when it's in relation to getting to use driver seat for gliders.

msdong
20-05-05, 22:41
put all that stuff into a PE head take some drugs to activate the setup (hawk 95.int) ss,sf,sri,hawk,sce4,advnerv3

with an impglove in you can fly bombers without drugs. like we say in the last
assaultglider thread. kk should turn down the int and str to a level where none of the possible classes need to make one of the crasy imp cobinations witten abouth.
theres no problem if a PE need to go full INT or a SPY full STR. or maybe a special VHC implant that nerf other skills but the needed.

a 1000 ideas, so much to do and so few ppl on kk side.

Dribble Joy
20-05-05, 22:49
Oh, I don't really want the reqs changed. What I would like to see is that people able to fly/drive vehicles that need str/HC with just the int/VHC but not able to fire the guns. So if you want to fly AND fire, you need to 'gimp'.

Bozz-Von Mel
20-05-05, 23:29
Oh, I don't really want the reqs changed. What I would like to see is that people able to fly/drive vehicles that need str/HC with just the int/VHC but not able to fire the guns. So if you want to fly AND fire, you need to 'gimp'.

What is the point in flying if you cant fire ?

msdong
21-05-05, 09:27
.... What I would like to see is that people able to fly/drive vehicles that need str/HC with just the int/VHC but not able to fire the guns. So if you want to fly AND fire, you need to 'gimp'.

that would be OK if a lot of side conditions change.
as this thing is your main "gun" you must be able to kill someone as good as with a normal gun. i think it should be even easyer to kill someone because u have a "bigger gun" and u dont where that one in a save slot.

gimpin to hell to use gliders offers no reward atm. spys are in the lucky position to use the minor gimp to drive / gun the scorpion bike.

Dribble Joy
21-05-05, 13:40
What is the point in flying if you cant fire ?
Not the point, it is daft that you can't drive something because you can't fire the gun on it.

Toxen
21-05-05, 14:12
a problem?!?!

dying and having the glider blow up isn't a problem.

Drugging really needs a fix when it's in relation to getting to use driver seat for gliders.

Basicly if your drugs where off that you used to get into the drivers seat and you no longer meet the requirements for the pilot/drivers seat you will get long sync which won't end which will throw you from the game causing you to restart most likely either to put you at the default spawn point for a zone or at least throw you form the vech, in a glider pritty much say buy buy to your glider and if u were high when you zoned your body will die too when you pop from vhc.
My rhino driving Tank is incredibly aware of this problem as he often has to restart on hunting trips.

Heavyporker
21-05-05, 18:25
*cough*

No offense, but I thought the tone of my statement made my intent clear.

I meant that calling the drugging issue in relation a "problem" was an understatement.