PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet

forcefullpower
20-05-05, 10:07
Can anyone gives me tips for lvl'ing in hacknet.

Also if anyone can give me some low lvl software to start out with.

enigma_b17
20-05-05, 10:12
1- avoid the infected storage apart from the first one (ie Infected Storage 1), which are found in your Faction DNS

2- Best way to do it is kill the 60/60 mobs along the DoY/NC - Travel ways.

3- If youre traversing hacknet from DoY or Nc to Nc or DoY, DO NOT go through the tech haven BridgeLink, avoid it at all costs as you will die.

4- Go pure....you have to be pure hacknet spy to be any good in hacknet, ie no rifle combat or no being an apu or ppu etc.

5- No need for implants, they dont work, and you dont drop a belt.

6- When you start off from nc or doy the nc-travels are filled with 60/60 mobs, however the closer you get to tech haven bridge link, 80/80 ones appear and they hurt alot more then their 60/60 counterparts.

Cant think of anything else atm.

Bugs Gunny
20-05-05, 10:14
Tips for leveling in hacknet with the current nerf on weapons and the forgotten nerf of the mobs?

Here's your only tip:

Wait till they fix it in next patch.

netster
20-05-05, 11:55
there will be no patch. hacknet is thought of :

-dealing with 2-3 60's mobs
-small team for 80's mobs
-big team for TH Bridgelink

sultana
20-05-05, 11:59

They nerfed the hacknet attack range and damage, yet they didn't nerf the mobs health. Lupus said they were meant to, as fighting in hacknet was too fast and they wanted to make it longer. Or something to that effect.

Not sure why they wanted to mess with hacknet pvp, it was fine as it was.

Nullvoid
20-05-05, 14:57
I wouldn't use it as a means of levelling in its current state. My hacknet spy is only just a couple levels past using the 0.1 softwares and when I try and attack the travelway mobs, they outrange me completely and I can only just outheal 2 of them at the most which makes it very...very...very tedious going. So I'm faced with the prospect of a fun lomming session or rerolling...can't decide which will be more stressful.

sultana
20-05-05, 15:08
Just roll or play another character till the patch which fixes it comes out :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
20-05-05, 15:17
I think hacknet pvp improved a lot. Now you get decend hybrid like fights that last minutes.
If mob health and range is dealt with it should be fine again.

Jesterthegreat
20-05-05, 15:28
I think hacknet pvp improved a lot. Now you get decend hybrid like fights that last minutes.
If mob health and range is dealt with it should be fine again.

or you get the attackers ignoring the defenders and wandering over to the button? :p

Brammers
20-05-05, 15:40
Leveling in Hacknet is possible, although as everyone says the ranges/damage on the mobs is a bit screwed, although I'm sure everytime I level in hacknet, it's different. Dunno if Lupus is adjusting the values of the mobs serverside or something to get some fixes in, as some days I'm ther uber hacker, then the next day it's the hacknet mobs revenge.

Going into level 1 storage in the Faction DNS as a newb (Well FA's anyway) is possible, there are a lot less mobs inside then there used to be.

My tip is get 0.3 hacker to cast defense on you, and spec your CONS setup as early as possible. Once you got to 0.1 software you can start taking on 60/60 mobs, providing you can cap/close to capping the software.

Dirus
22-05-05, 00:12

No patch? I dunno where you're getting your info from. It obviously isn't from a reliable source.

2-3 60's at once when capped is about right.

Small team for 80's is off. 80-90 is the solo range.

Team for HN Bridge is correct.

Then again that is based off using the current hacknet weapons only. The "Rares" haven't been released to the public yet. More or less soloing will be around 1.5x your level with normal weapons and 1.7ish when using the rares.

Dunno if Lupus is adjusting the values of the mobs serverside or something to get some fixes in, as some days I'm ther uber hacker, then the next day it's the hacknet mobs revenge.
I'm not adjusting anything server side.

IceStorm
22-05-05, 03:19
Any word on whether or not we're going to get implants working in Hacknet? Is it still something up in the air, or has the dev team decided not to bother?

Mighty Max
22-05-05, 09:40
Any word on whether or not we're going to get implants working in Hacknet? Is it still something up in the air, or has the dev team decided not to bother?

Doubt that it is even thought about. You have the LE as working implant, so yes the possibility is already there, but where is the sense in matter based implants working on virtual bodies in a virtual environment ?

Brammers
22-05-05, 10:52
Well fitting them will be hard if they have a "Hacknet only" requirement. Just imagine having to get hold of a poker to come into hacket to fit your hacknet implant!

Actually "software loaders" (Pokers) would be a great idea for hacknet!

IceStorm
22-05-05, 15:10
Well fitting them will be hard if they have a "Hacknet only" requirement.I don't want HN-only imps. I want the HCK and T-C bonuses from existing chips to work in Hacknet, along with any other HN-relevant bonuses.

You have to admit, it's pretty stupid to have Hacking CPUs that only work outside of Hacknet...

Mighty Max
22-05-05, 15:29
You have to admit, it's pretty stupid to have Hacking CPUs that only work outside of Hacknet...

No. there is a use for those chips outside Hacknet. And there is no brain you can imp into inside the hacknet, is there ?

Bugs Gunny
22-05-05, 16:17
Only use i see for them is a barter/pilot that hacks ops.

Heavyporker
22-05-05, 17:45
No, no HN imps.

Anyways, Lupus, people are getting really confused all over the place -

The rare codefragments are for the Ion Shotty and DaiKatana weapons we saw several months ago, correct?

Or are these rare codefragments going to be used to make techpartted software modules?

BradSTL
23-05-05, 01:48
1- avoid the infected storage apart from the first one (ie Infected Storage 1), which are found in your Faction DNS

2- Best way to do it is kill the 60/60 mobs along the DoY/NC - Travel ways.I strongly disagree. Infected Storage 2 with its level 40 mobs is an excellent mid-way stop between Infected Storage 1 and Infected Storage 2, and its design makes it almost always possible to fight the mobs one at a time.

And Infected Storage 3 is much, much easier than the travelways, for the same reason. Same 60/60 mobs, but once you learn the trick to it, you can almost always count on fighting no more than two of them at a time, instead of the four to six of them at a time you have to fight in a travelway.

IceStorm
23-05-05, 01:57
No, no HN imps.I'm looking for an answer from KK, not from another player or an opinion from the player base. If Lupus can't comment, he can't comment. If he can, he will.

Brammers
23-05-05, 10:39
I agree with what BradSTL says about leveling in infected storage in your faction DNS. Infected 3 is a lot easier than Travel 1 to 3.

I've been taking on the 80/80's in Doy Travel 4 lately, which are very hard, but possible so long as you don't fall off or get pushed off. If you fall off, the mobs will follow you down, and without pathways to hide around you become their breakfast. 8|

I also tried one of the mid level login terminals again. The only way to do it, is login, take booster, cast heal, cast shelter, and fall off the world to below and deal with any followers there, before reseting to get back up. Even then with about 20+ 20/20 mobs attacking you it's damm hard. That's the basic problem with the hacknet terminal logins - too many mobs.

The other thing thats odd is the stepping in mob stength for the hacknet terminal areas. For low logins it's 10/10 for mid it's 20/20 and for high it's 60/60? (May be wrong there, I'm usually flatlined before I see anything)

enigma_b17
23-05-05, 12:14
I strongly disagree. Infected Storage 2 with its level 40 mobs is an excellent mid-way stop between Infected Storage 1 and Infected Storage 2, and its design makes it almost always possible to fight the mobs one at a time.

And Infected Storage 3 is much, much easier than the travelways, for the same reason. Same 60/60 mobs, but once you learn the trick to it, you can almost always count on fighting no more than two of them at a time, instead of the four to six of them at a time you have to fight in a travelway.

well they must ave changed em since i last went into it as before i would die in 2 or 3 shots.

Brammers
23-05-05, 12:20
well they must ave changed em since i last went into it as before i would die in 2 or 3 shots.

I used to as well, but I'm not sure if it's down to my CON setup, or KK changing the damage. Normally I get the health/runspeed part of a CON setup sorted first, then spec my resists. Here I did the opposite, I speced my resists/health very early. I've got about 3 or 4 CON levels to go, and I'm debating whether to put them into runspeed or health.

Heavyporker
23-05-05, 12:49
Health over runspeed, frankly, Brammers.