PDA

View Full Version : Tabula Rasa, potential *grin*

Dr Strange
19-05-05, 12:24
So after listening into some E3 radio broadcasts, NCSoft (whom along with Arena.net made the hit Guild Wars) are making a post apocalyptic MMOFPS, Tabula Rasa (http://www.playtr.com/features.html).

Now it's nesscarily "cyber punk" so I dunno if Nid or someone will come along and lock/delete, but it is set in a furutistic setting amongst varying planets ravaged by your typical mass destruction.

It has FPS style combat, along with a variety of things added to it. The storyline is done by Richard Garriott which if you know your Ultima, you know he was one of the guys behind Ultima Online and whatnot (which is hailed as one of the best MMO's ever, and one of the first ironically). So the story and combat system looks awesome. The graphics are nice, they've got that rugged "we're fucking stuck on Mars and fighting for our lives" look to it.

Definitely gonna keep up on the news for this, looks awesome

Siygess
19-05-05, 12:51
So the story and combat system looks awesome. The graphics are nice, they've got that rugged "we're fucking stuck on Mars and fighting for our lives" look to it.

They do? :wtf:

Last time I checked up on it, it looked too much like a blurring of fantasy and sci-fi - a rehashed Anarchy Online if you will. Mind you, I did read a few months ago that they weren't happy with the way it was going and they effectively redesigned the game..

Bugs Gunny
19-05-05, 12:54
Not gritty enough for me.
I prefer the Twilight war graphics to this. And the entire look too.
This looks like some kind of overpolished manga post apoc thing.

athon
19-05-05, 13:07
While I am certainly keeping an eye on both TR & TW, my current bets are on Fallen Earth.

Athon Solo

Original monk
19-05-05, 13:31
when i saw the screenshots of this game (especially te players) it lets me think of a project entropia a bit more futuristic ...

fallen earth doesnt look that nice imo, i dunno how to explain it .. its more toyish it seems :) dunno the screens are still the same as a year ago so :) (edit: yust checked and there updated !! seems better allready yet but still :) )

twilight war seems nice yeah .. they have the engine for it ... but so much yust seems a copy of neocron ... chittin queen ? common lol :)

LOST
19-05-05, 13:47
interesting it is hosted by an online mag called 'playNC'.

the few games that could actually rival nc do appear a little way off to even get my interest im afraid. seeing TW and FOMK such a long time ago, only for fomk to be 'asshat' ville and tw still miles away...just leads to a 'pfleh'.

always good to see real games without elves, dwarves, gnomes, trolls and every bugger else.
edit: am partial to an elfy every now and again. but 'gib' always wins out.

Tidus_Origin
19-05-05, 17:21
interesting it is hosted by an online mag called 'playNC'.

Subliminal messaging there? :lol:

Go to the frontlines of a futuristic war in a massively multiplayer war game that combines the character growth of an RPG with the action of a shooter.

Uhh....planetside, anyone? o_O

Suppose this'll go next to TW on my 'keep an eye on the game and see how it turns out' list.

Tratos
19-05-05, 17:42
Hmm.. imho i think TW:ATF (hehe, twat, lol) looks better and will the be MMO i'll be keeping my eye on untill it comes out and will most liky play.

TR doesnt looks grimey enough.

wolfwood
19-05-05, 17:45
another planetside???

Nidhogg
19-05-05, 18:01
Now it's nesscarily "cyber punk" so I dunno if Nid or someone will come along and lock/delete
Not a problem for me. We only ever introduced a temporary prohibition on one other game and even that was dropped a while back. You may discuss any game you wish so long as it's in the off-topic forum.

N

Spermy
19-05-05, 18:26
Still keeping tabs on the twiglet wars site :p

But I dunno - Not a lot touches NC really for the experience... Spose we'll see when they go beta.

Nvidia
20-05-05, 00:41
another planetside???

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing the second I saw the screenshots.

Scarus
20-05-05, 01:09
Doesn't look good enough.. reading through the enemies list.. 3 different enemies.. umm, okay!

TW is looking of the sex persuasion... If it reminds me of Fallout, it's fine for me!

-Scarus

Jesterthegreat
20-05-05, 14:20
TW, FE and Hostile Planet are keeping me interested atm.

oh and occasionally i'll look back at auto assault

Rabiator
22-05-05, 23:17
I've done some browsing for Tabula Rasa news this weekend too, motivated by a newsbit about their new website. The videos look nice enough, cleaner than NC but with lots of promising fireworks :D

But the game still seems far from beta, with a lot of unanswered questions. Just to name a few:

-Will combat be in "full blown" FPS mode with at least semi-accurate weapons physics, or will it be some compromise like in NC?
-How large will the online world be? Lots of room to explore, or limited to a few small areas?
-Does it have a reasonable system for crafting/tradeskilling/resource gathering, or is everything store-bought?

Overall, a game that is worth following the news, but impossible to rate at the moment.