PDA

View Full Version : From a Tsunami: A Few Things the City Should Get

BradSTL
18-05-05, 22:48
Now that the "City Shaft-o-Meter" is starting to catch on in people's sigs, I should get off my butt and post this. I'm on record as having said earlier that I disagree that the city is getting shafted as bad as people say. The city has one set of advantages, the dome has a different set, and somehow it seems like the city is full of people who think (wrongly) that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

That being said, there are a few things that even I agree make no sense, that should be changed, and that would move the city shaft-o-meter more towards the center.

The whole anti-gamma bones thing is backwards. In case you've forgotten, the anti-gamma bones were invented by BioTech specifically as a defense against DoY forces' pure-xray attacks. It makes absolutely no sense for them even to be available in the Dome. Put them on the Cryton's vendors, period. If someone from the Dome wants them, they can hike to Tech Haven or the Military Base, same as we already have to do for level 2 eyes and spines.

DoY Bots need to stop zone-line whoring. Redraw the patrol areas and spawn spots for the DoY Bots so that they are never, or very nearly never, within aggro range of the incoming zone line. There are at least two spots in the desert where from one side of the zone line, there is absolutely nothing to suggest to you that the other side will be dangerous, but if you stick to the road and zone as soon as you finish synchronizing you will be in the absolute center of about 6 to 8 enemy robots. There is at least one similar spot in the canyons, I forget exactly where but I remember it's heading south somewhere in the general vicinity of Syncon, where the only way to continue is through one narrow canyon and as soon as you cross the zone line you are once again in the middle of about 6 to 8 enemy robots. All three of these groupings include at least one artillery bot, too. This is just plain nasty, and wrong. Give people a chance at least to sneak around them. You don't do this with STORMbots, after all; they're all at clearly marked positions in the interior of zones.

Put at least one public genrep as close to the Dome as Point Red is to the City: Re-open Escador Oasis. I really wish this genrep hadn't been removed in the first place, and not just because it's another source of level 2 brain implants. But anyway, for pro-city to make it all the way to that corner of the map would be a really hard trip. (If there are any DoY bots or DoY guards in sectors I_13 to I_15 and J_15, get rid of them, or at the very least make their locations clearly marked from a distance and possible to go around.) But if you put it that way and anybody did, they'd be within relatively easy sneaking distance of at least two entrances.

DoY bots need to not wander quite so close to the BD ASG in K_16. I noticed that there's already no DoY guard at the BD ASG. Good! It makes in-game sense, and it matches the unguarded ASG in A_07. But one of the last three or four times I was there, a DoY bot had wandered right up to it. Now, this one isn't critically important, as long as there's only one of them and it's a Scout, which this one was; if you can't solo a single level 90 DoY Scout, which is no harder than (or different from) hunting Warbots, you're not tall enough to ride this ride. But it'd be more fair if they kept their distance, so that people who genrepped to Escador (see above) would have a place to fetch Rhinos, heavy trikes, or Combat Hovertecs (just to pick three).

At least one of the DoY Tunnels needs to lead into the Dome. And preferably, an empty one. Come on, that was supposed to be the whole justification for having them in the first place, was that they were a way that people from the Dome were getting out into the Wastelands without being seen coming out of the exits. If you don't want to change the existing tunnels, put a tunnel entrance to an empty tunnel (or one filled with only sewer level 1 monsters, like the tunnels going into Old Canyon now) somewhere within semi-convenient walking distance of Escador, like up where those STORMbots are north of it.

The ideal place, the fairest place, for it to let out would be in abandoned sector 04. And the artiste in me thinks that the coolest, easiest, and funniest thing to do with it would be to have it connect to the Water Cleaning Area in sector 04. I mean, come on, nobody is ever going to use that particular level 2 sewer; I'll bet 99% of the Dome have never even walked past it. And having a way to walk from Escador into abandoned sector 4 would give pro-city people access to the Dome-only furniture shop, and I think to unguarded versions of most of the shops they're whining about. (Isn't there a B&G in DY04? I think so, and that would shut down a lot of crying about Inquisition Armor.) It would also put them within somewhat risky attack range of all of the most-crowded sectors of the Dome; they'd still have to pass all the DoY Guards In The World (TM), and it wouldn't actually be any easier than going in by way of the TS entrance in K_11. But it would give them an equivalent to our multiple "secret" entrances into the Outzone and Pepper Park.

System
18-05-05, 22:54
yep, I aggree with all this. There are things like this that should be changed.

-- System --

BradSTL
18-05-05, 23:00
If they changed that specific list, and only that specific list, would you agree that things were either balanced, or closely balanced enough?

I'm not power-posting; I just came back after I remembered one more tiny thing I wanted to add:

Give everybody a public genrep with an ASG in the Canyons. There is already a public ASG in the Canyons at the end of the road in I_16 (not that hardly anybody has ever seen it). It even has a bunker there that's absolutely identical to Canyon Reloading Point, only empty. Stick an unguarded public genrep and a gogo in there, please. And maybe even shut up the people who think (wrongly) that the Chaos Caves are the "only" place to level by putting another Outdoor Cave in the same zone, not that I think it's necessary.

System
18-05-05, 23:02
I wouldn't say it would change to much but I would say all those changes would make sence

CMaster
18-05-05, 23:25
Meh, people can hike to choas caves - my only thought witht he idea of an I-16 GR (altough its nifty for MC5 and the ASG) is that it is then quite close to escuador. For the sheer hell of it, can't we have a Sherman Bay GR too (its a cool place, there are no other public GRs even remotley near...
The flip side here is that while the DoY guards are as a rule well positioned, they are a bit few if pro is to get into the city - nothing to match the copbot spam (even if it is more random and weaker damage). Perhaps give anti-cities an easier way to get to Plaza/VR. My suggestion remains that there should be a mainsewers exit somewhere in the inner city - or perhaps joining onto a Level 1 sewer.

Darkana
18-05-05, 23:35
There is already a public ASG in the Canyons at the end of the road in I_16 (not that hardly anybody has ever seen it). It even has a bunker there that's absolutely identical to Canyon Reloading Point, only empty.Have you been there lately? I dunno if it is the same on Terra as it is on Mars, but they have changed the area especially towards the building "a bit" ... I wonder what's going on there :wtf:

Obsidian X
18-05-05, 23:40
Agreed Brad. To me, the other changes would be inconsequential, but the adition of a secret entrance to DoY would certainly make me, as a pro-city, feel much better. It seems as if the anti-city have their fingers in just about every proverbial pie (TG canyon, secret HQs in NC, Escador etc in NE) whereas we have nothing, no access to the Dome, or the canyon (I suppose the fact TG own the North East doesn't help, but thats circumstancial, not a mechanics issue). Some kind of secret entrance into DoY would make me a happy chappy.

Toxen
19-05-05, 01:45
Agreed, Some good idea's in there brad.

Heavyporker
19-05-05, 01:51
I like the ideas, though they might make things entirely too easy.

-FN-
19-05-05, 02:13
The whole anti-gamma bones thing is backwards.

I like the premise and agree. But what is the flip side? Experimental Bones being FA FSM only? I suppose that would work...

DoY Bots need to stop zone-line whoring.

I agree, but I think that's not really a huge issue. Not anymore than the zone whoring Decays in the corner of Gab or Warbots in some zones. The DoY bots have a much more active roaming script than other mobs so it's probably not easily changable without making them boring mobs. Personally I'd rather see more mobs move as much as they do :)

Put at least one public genrep as close to the Dome as Point Red is to the City: Re-open Escador Oasis.
Give everybody a public genrep with an ASG in the Canyons (I_16).

While I miss the Escuador Oasis GR as well and never go there now, it's too close to DoY. I think the I_16 Idea is perfect (I use that ASG all the time, thanks for ruining it ;)). It's only 2-3 zones from DoY entrance, could be public, and has an ASG. Add a gogo and it's perfect. Actually - looking back to September 2003, there was this post (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=957404) ;)

DoY bots need to not wander quite so close to the BD ASG in K_16

No experience with this so no comment.

At least one of the DoY Tunnels needs to lead into the Dome.

Agreed - make it like the new Secret TG Entrance. Add a Dome tunnel somewhere, maybe near Escuador Oasis itself and have a mildly guarded, friendly to DoY, tunnel that leads into some obscure, unused sector of DoY. Similar to NC's secret entrance ;)

Overall, ****.5 - rounds up to ***** ;)

Dribble Joy
19-05-05, 02:33
At least one of the DoY Tunnels needs to lead into the Dome. And preferably, an empty one. Come on, that was supposed to be the whole justification for having them in the first place, was that they were a way that people from the Dome were getting out into the Wastelands without being seen coming out of the exits. If you don't want to change the existing tunnels, put a tunnel entrance to an empty tunnel (or one filled with only sewer level 1 monsters, like the tunnels going into Old Canyon now) somewhere within semi-convenient walking distance of Escador, like up where those STORMbots are north of it.
Potentially a good point if the situation with the tunnels was different from the current one. The tunnels were closed to all but DoY military forces after TG attacks and then the dome was destroyed leaving them without control.

Netphreak
19-05-05, 03:39
/Agree, makes sense and makes me wonder how KK make sense of the current idea's they've put into place.

Tidus_Origin
19-05-05, 14:23
Some great ideas in there, Brad. (If they got implemented,) They should help balance the two cities out a bit.

***** :D

El Jimben
19-05-05, 14:47
Some good ideas definately

Digital-Talios
19-05-05, 15:40
I agree with this setup as well. I only HOPE that KK looks at this and see that no one thus far dissagreed with any thing that is being suggested!

Bugs Gunny
19-05-05, 15:52
Remove all guards near the DOY HQ gr's. So we can all have merry zonewhorevacations like some unnamed TG clan.

Remove the parashock from all guards, both doy and nc, and make their dammage the same.

And make it possible for pro city to run straight to the doy gates without being blown up by 20 doy units.

Digital-Talios
19-05-05, 15:55
is it true that KK plans to give PP back to TSU and BD? if it is talk about having enemy at the gates... :rolleyes:

LTA
19-05-05, 16:59
is it true that KK plans to give PP back to TSU and BD? if it is talk about having enemy at the gates... :rolleyes:Think they should pepper was good coz it was anti city gave a close war zone to fight in Tsu and bd should become neutral to a couple of peeps, since a lot of city citizens enjoyed the leisures that tsu and bd provided.

Obsidian X
19-05-05, 17:07
Think they should pepper was good coz it was anti city gave a close war zone to fight in Tsu and bd should become neutral to a couple of peeps, since a lot of city citizens enjoyed the leisures that tsu and bd provided.

PP will never be as popular as it was unless they make Plaza 3 a safezone again :rolleyes: :p

wolfwood
19-05-05, 17:33
brad these ideas are excellent.

Also is it possible to make pas (spy) available in th??

Its a pain having to get them from DOY and what does Doy have to get form the city (i really dont know)?

Crest
19-05-05, 17:54
Man what a wierd concept ... Pro city getting shafted....

Last patch openned several features, not one was in the dome.
Dome is a big nothing, offering no great advantage, where as City has plenty of cool leveling and popular ones (I grew most my player up in aggies, plaza 2).

Point red is a few sectors from NC, and you have to walk ... Race track may be further from DOY but walking is an option, as is driving or flying.

In what way is Pro City Shafted again .... With the exception of the crahn glove, none the epic rewards from anti city are worth much ... ok I have used my TS rifle once, and the FA chip is usefull for non combats .....

Sure the Dome probably have larger numbers...cause rezza could not prevent his boys from killing each other, and they jumped ship.......

Man post like this (Some nice ideas, but if we working on one sided content again, then make it DOY side) really are not needed. Its funny how the grass always seems greener on the other side,

Only thing in defence is / was Pro city had no ops, doy hd all (Dunno if balance is restored) Anti have access to bonusses, and can get around.

Although you can get into city, once in there are 5X more cop bots than in DOY, although doy bots are more stratgicaly placed

CMaster
19-05-05, 18:20
The argument about pro getting shafted was two-fold
One - patch 131 made a large number of smugglers DoY only.
Two - patch 131 made every DoY genrep guarded.
Three - Pros who used their canyon apts to get to the canyons lots that option
However the canyons access aspect is a Terra thing really.

Jagrfelm
19-05-05, 18:28
Also is it possible to make pas (spy) available in th??

Its a pain having to get them from DOY and what does Doy have to get form the city (i really dont know)?

Spy-PAs 1 and 2 are available in TH Sec-3 from the Special Armor Smuggler.

Great Ideas, brad.

CMaster
19-05-05, 18:30
PE PA, lowtech pistols (some of) is what anti has to come to NC for.

Digital-Talios
19-05-05, 19:18
nc has to go to doy for psi stuff i guess the gaya glove is even a better incentive to start out in crah as well.

high level pe pa is from BD too..... The FSM situation is great how it is ;)

Brammers
19-05-05, 19:56
As a Pro-Doy, I aggree with Brad's points. It would make life much more interesting for us DoY peeps. I've not noticed a raid in Sector 3 for a while since the DoY guards started guarding that GR. 5 Stars.

Hmm, thats a point, NC has at least 4 unguarded GR's, DoY has all it's GR's guarded, people with City-Shaft-O-Meter's better move that pointer to the left a bit more!

Digital-Talios
19-05-05, 20:29
the city shaft o meter has detected this and has moved accordingly... mine is calibrated alittle more tightly then others however.

Toxen
19-05-05, 21:36
Man what a wierd concept ... Pro city getting shafted....

Last patch openned several features, not one was in the dome.
Dome is a big nothing, offering no great advantage, where as City has plenty of cool leveling and popular ones (I grew most my player up in aggies, plaza 2).

Point red is a few sectors from NC, and you have to walk ... Race track may be further from DOY but walking is an option, as is driving or flying.

In what way is Pro City Shafted again .... With the exception of the crahn glove, none the epic rewards from anti city are worth much ... ok I have used my TS rifle once, and the FA chip is usefull for non combats .....

Sure the Dome probably have larger numbers...cause rezza could not prevent his boys from killing each other, and they jumped ship.......

Man post like this (Some nice ideas, but if we working on one sided content again, then make it DOY side) really are not needed. Its funny how the grass always seems greener on the other side,

Only thing in defence is / was Pro city had no ops, doy hd all (Dunno if balance is restored) Anti have access to bonusses, and can get around.

Although you can get into city, once in there are 5X more cop bots than in DOY, although doy bots are more stratgicaly placed

Crest were you living under a rock the past month go read patch dicussion notes for 131 aka the shaft city patch

BradSTL
20-05-05, 00:23
Remove all guards near the DOY HQ gr's. ... make it possible for pro city to run straight to the doy gates without being blown up by 20 doy units.There is still one genrep in DOY that's unguarded, and it's one that any character, and I mean almost any character, can tag unassisted. It's even easier to tag than the one in DRE HQ. (I edited out the middle of your post because I'm sick of parashock arguments and refuse to be drawn into one.)

As for the DoY Bots in the desert, it is possible, but dangerous (because the zoneline whore, as I said above) and very tedious, to get around them on foot. Or, on the other hand, you can have somebody with a Rhino drive you up from Twister or DRT, and ignore them altogether. I've tried this. Nobody inside the Rhino took even one point of damage, and after multiple barrages including a few from that level 110 bot that everybody hates, the Rhino had taken so little damage it was barely worth repairing.

is it true that KK plans to give PP back to TSU and BD?My characters and my clan are dedicated to working day and night to make this happen.

It's never going to happen.

The closest thing I can actually bring myself to hope for is that they'll give Tsunamis and Black Dragons the right to make bought PP apartments our primary apartments. And even then, there's no reason to think that Reakktor is going to give it to us just because I asked; they haven't said anything about any of the many ways in which the Syndicate has been shafted or any of my proposals to fix that. But no, those copbots and screaming horse thugs aren't going anywhere; heck, if anything, they've increased in number since the beginning of NC2.

BradSTL
20-05-05, 00:32
... what does Doy have to get form the city (i really dont know)?
Not counting things in unguarded areas like the Industrial Area and Pepper Park 3, the following mid-level weapons: SMGs, 9mm pistols, pulselaser pistols, and plasma waves, and I think one other hightech heavy combat weapon, but I forget which. Level 1 and 2 private eye power armor, and that one's a pain in the neck. All level 3 non-monk eye and brain implants except the Marine's CPU and the Special Rigger Interface. And all ground combat vehicles except the worst one.

(The regular Scorpion Trike can be found from a smuggler behind a locked door in the Industrial Area. Great. It's effectively a version of the HH4x4 with no passenger seat, no armor at all, and the gun is not only slightly weaker, it's bugged so it won't fire except straight forward. And even given all of those disadvantages, it costs roughly what, five times what the HH4x4 does? I feel so lucky.)

CMaster
20-05-05, 00:58
not, at storebought it costs about abother 33% of the hh4x4.

Toxen
20-05-05, 01:18
The closest thing I can actually bring myself to hope for is that they'll give Tsunamis and Black Dragons the right to make bought PP apartments our primary apartments. And even then, there's no reason to think that Reakktor is going to give it to us just because I asked; they haven't said anything about any of the many ways in which the Syndicate has been shafted or any of my proposals to fix that. But no, those copbots and screaming horse thugs aren't going anywhere; heck, if anything, they've increased in number since the beginning of NC2.

As far as I know the old activating apts in hostile territory rule no longer applies I've certinaly got a TG shopping alt that has an apt in pp and a backup in oz moved upto PP when the mobs from the call to rezza mission mobs were left over as for the unguarded DoY GR we've had this discussion before its not really unguarded, couple of steps forward and you'll trigger the guard and we all know what a bitch tusnami guards are. Can I tag on the suggestion to move DRT or set up a new Racetrack with open gr at Twister Club I-09 would make a better venue for race track as its more centrally located than DRT and with the trader union guards there gives some sort of safety. think it might encourage more events.

imper1um
20-05-05, 05:40
DoY Bots need to be completely and utterly removed around Tescom Uplink. DoY bots also should be lower level when they are not in direct link with the Dome. A sector directly touching the dome, however, should have the high level DoY Bots.

As for the GRs in DoY, there should be all unguarded HQ GRs just like in City, but upgrade the security outside of those GRs. Anti can raid City, but not visa versa.

Digital-Talios
20-05-05, 15:51
if indeed BD and TSU get PP back i think Reza should do some realestate shopping and buy one of those abandoned sectors in DoY...

wolfwood
20-05-05, 16:41
Spy-PAs 1 and 2 are available in TH Sec-3 from the Special Armor Smuggler.

Great Ideas, brad.
wow i feel noob haha, ty very much.

Toxen
21-05-05, 01:43
DoY Bots need to be completely and utterly removed around Tescom Uplink. DoY bots also should be lower level when they are not in direct link with the Dome. A sector directly touching the dome, however, should have the high level DoY Bots.

As for the GRs in DoY, there should be all unguarded HQ GRs just like in City, but upgrade the security outside of those GRs. Anti can raid City, but not visa versa.

Think a policy of if its an op sector, no npc's that are aligned to either city or doy. Failing that copy the way its been done at jeriko for the ops that currently have doy bots around them and swap them out for a few fixed point doy guards

BradSTL
21-05-05, 06:21
I wouldn't care of the DoY Bots around Tescom went away, but are they really an issue? Are they any more of a threat than the level 110 hoverbots that are scattered around various mountain outposts, or the level 100 Decayed Horrors around Malstrond and Gabanium?

I've driven though that sector many times, and never seen more than one level 90 DoY Scout or level 90 DoY Defense Unit in the whole sector. Is it that much trouble to go around or kill a single level 90 mob?

unreal
21-05-05, 07:16
I agree with most of what Brad is saying. There should be more things enticing pro-city to attack/raid DoY, instead of it always being the same "ut oh, anti in plaza 2" and "anti in pp3". I don't believe gamma bones should be put in crytons, but I do believe it's unfair letting DoY have such things on a plate. I went to the TG canyon for the first time after the two recent patches (131 and 132, which have caused assumed sync problems for me and many other people by the way. I continually get stuck on the spot for about 5secs until the mobs/NPC's appear when zoning in/out of cave/hunting ground type areas, even in other sectors most of the time), and was surprised at how easy it was for them to obtain gamma bones. Compare a small allied vendor in TG canyon to a guy in Outzone 8 where the gards can target stealthed runners. Pretty unfair. Not many people are going to waste their SL just to be able to get gamme bones without being shot at by the guards. I wrote a little bit about guards and such things below, and generally what should happen to them.

---

You mustn't get out in that part of the wastelands much Brad, or have the fog distance on really short. :p I'd try to dig up the screenshot of 26 or so DoY defense units in one little group but it would take me an eternity, I have at least 4000 screenshots taken from Neocron now. 8| (This game won't always be around, so taking screenshots will be good to look back on when the game is either scrapped, or I decided to leave, again. I would like to think most of my time playing this game wasn't too much of a waste. :))

If you drove around a bit more you'd see groups of 5+ DoY units roaming around in short proximity to each other, half the time they're easy to get around, especially with stealth, but that's not really the point. Compared to NC, DoY has way more defenses. This game would be a much better place (action-wise) if security was lowered severely, raids on both cities should be a common occurance in most of the sectors. HQ's, TechHaven, and your apartments are the safe zone, not forgetting about the effects of the Law Enforcer implant. :)

As far as the story goes, I have no frigging idea how it is, so to me, anthing goes, if it's not too much of a stupid idea. NC buying an abandoned sector in DoY seems very stupid, heh. DoY would agree to sell a sector to NC? If the anti and pro alliances are at war with each other, they won't be buying and selling sectors to one another. Maybe if the story went that NC goes on the offensive and steals one of the abandoned sectors, placing guards in it and such to create a raid spot/advantage point, that wouldn't be so bad. But if that happened, there would be plenty of zone whoring. So perhaps the guards shouldn't be at the very edge of the sectors at the zone line, so that people can be chased and not just have the usual pro at one side, anti at the other until they decide to continue fighting.

I think Reakktor should stop most activities from being static (ie, the same all the time, for example; epic missions, even normal missions, and lots of other things). Most of all, they should try reading the forum for once, lots of ideas are mentioned on here and don't seem to be ever considered or contemplated on by Reakktor officials, unless it's a *cough* won't mention the person because I'll most likely get banned again *cough* post that says "er, not our fault NC is full of bugs, your hardware is the problem". heh

Mr Friendly
21-05-05, 08:10
The whole anti-gamma bones thing is backwards. In case you've forgotten, the anti-gamma bones were invented by BioTech specifically as a defense against DoY forces' pure-xray attacks. It makes absolutely no sense for them even to be available in the Dome. Put them on the Cryton's vendors, period. If someone from the Dome wants them, they can hike to Tech Haven or the Military Base, same as we already have to do for level 2 eyes and spines.

smugglers, spies in the city, & now hacknet, are the reasons things once only availible on the city, are now available in the Dome. Espionage my friend.

other than that, the ideas are good, but really, KK has enough to fix, add/remove, etc as it is.

Glok
21-05-05, 08:48
smugglers, spies in the city, & now hacknet, are the reasons things once only availible on the city, are now available in the Dome. Espionage my friend.Except that you can't get Biotech antigamma bones in the city. That is seriously fucked up.

Toxen
21-05-05, 13:57
I wouldn't care of the DoY Bots around Tescom went away, but are they really an issue? Are they any more of a threat than the level 110 hoverbots that are scattered around various mountain outposts, or the level 100 Decayed Horrors around Malstrond and Gabanium?

I've driven though that sector many times, and never seen more than one level 90 DoY Scout or level 90 DoY Defense Unit in the whole sector. Is it that much trouble to go around or kill a single level 90 mob?

Couple of differences Hoverbot's are not aligned there usually out of agro range when ur standing underneath them and aren't in huge groups,

Consider that most people use ops for bonus's or preparing for hunts, their either unbuffed tradeskillers, or combat chars that are unbuffed and with si, plus doy bots would attack procity turrets. It would be quiet easy for a group of droners to setup in the middle of a group of DoY bots launch drones and spend the day picking off people as they GR in with it been incredible hard to find and kill the droners.

But also consider this fact DoY bots to the best of my knowledge were introduced ingame after alot of the mobs had already had their speed nerf, and doybots do not appear to have this nerf so in effect this allows there roaming script to cover larger distances but this also increases the likely hood of hitting world object screwing up the direction there roaming script was taking them increasing the likely hood of bots either been at zone lines or tightly grouped. Perhaps they just need their speed nerfing but still I agree theyneed to be pulled from op sites

ROZZER187
21-05-05, 21:00
some very good ideas brad like them all 5 stars tbh

Mr Friendly
22-05-05, 05:49
Except that you can't get Biotech antigamma bones in the city. That is seriously fucked up.

might have summin to do with the storyline...maybe some of the biotech implants were stolen from the city?

sultana
22-05-05, 07:32
might have summin to do with the storyline...maybe some of the biotech implants were stolen from the city?
Still wouldn't explain why biotech stopped manufacturing them.

Mr Friendly
22-05-05, 07:46
=/ i really have no idea, i just do the epics, not read em =p so i cant really support nething on the storyline side of things

LiL T
22-05-05, 08:04

I've driven though that sector many times, and never seen more than one level 90 DoY Scout or level 90 DoY Defense Unit in the whole sector. Is it that much trouble to go around or kill a single level 90 mob? If one of those doy bots see's you, you best run for the zoneline because the first hit that it gets on you, your legs will be smashed. The next hit will be fatal almost always thats why there are a thousand quickbelts scattered around those zones

BradSTL
23-05-05, 01:12
From one of them? In two hits? What the hell is wrong with your CON setup?

I know of no reason why any upper-mid-level character, say skill level 40 and up, shouldn't be able to withstand a couple of hits from one of these.

I will also say that unlike the Y-Replicants, these things have a very short aggro range, and that the 3-second rule still applies. So if a sector is prone to having single level 90 DOY Scouts and DOY Defense Units wandering around in it, then just pay attention to your surroundings. And don't cross a ridgeline without glancing over it first, and if there's a DOY unit too close, you have three seconds to back up out of its line of sight and go around. These are all rules you should have learned as a much lower level character dealing wiht Warbots.

The combat range on these things is just as short as a Warbot's, and while they will travel farther, it's not as if they travel any much faster. This makes them very easy kills to anyone with a weapon range above about 105m. And being level 90, they're much better XP than Warbots, and they drop the same loot.

If you have trouble fighting ONE of these, then either you're an unbuffed pistol user using the wrong pistol, or an unbuffed APU with a lousy CON setup. For anybody else, it should be as easy as falling out of bed.

CMaster
23-05-05, 01:13
2 shots with capped con and s/d on my old PE (who had good xray, btw) would rop him,. My resistless, hlt less barter could survive 4...

Exioce
29-05-05, 10:33
definitely agree with the DoY bot suggestions. reduce the number and movement, or reduce their level the further they are from the Dome.

in addition, the swamp areas to the west need more higher level outdoor mobs that are just as profitable to farm (in terms of xp and techs) as the firemobs that are nearer the Dome.