PDA

View Full Version : Pro-City Communication Hub

System
18-05-05, 20:05
Ok, I've taken the time and created a whole community for the Pro-City Factions, clans, and runners for Terra.

This site is here to better the communication between everyone that is Pro-City. You can register your clan there and have your own Public and Private forums for your clan.

Each Faction has their own faction forums that is set with faction groups. Meaning if your are in the CityAdmin group you can only read the CityAdmin forum and the General Pro-City forum.

You must provide proof that you are Pro-City. There is a section in the forums that has the form that you need to fill out to create the groups, clans, and such.

Thee UnforgiveN - The City of Neocrons Communication Hub (http://www.theeunforgiven.com)

Thank You,
-- System --

Edited: Well I didn't see Digital-Talios thread until like a second ago, but we can decided. Not sure but whatever what you guys wanna do. Is fine with me.

Preview of what it looks like. All the Private forums are hidden and Group Access only.

Kozmos
18-05-05, 20:15
a tech style page with comic sans font doesent work together too well ;)

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 20:25
Up to you guys. Really doesnt matter to me. GUys want to use his thats fine too. I can save the 5 bucks or what ever it is to make it secure ;)

System
18-05-05, 20:28
Well everything on my is already paided for. Just from reading your last post I figured I could do something like that. I've kinda been thinking of inviting clans to use the forum but you got me thinking about factions as well. Everythings already secure on the forums so...

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 20:50
... so then let us use this forum!

I can help out in anyways you may need me to. It will be great to have something like this running for all of Neocron to use.

I am little skeptical of having someone the ability to read all clan forums... I hope I can trust you :lol:

System
18-05-05, 21:02
Ask all the old school runners, I respect everyone in the game and play this game fair. I do not like to mess things up for other runners. I like to have fun and everyone else to have fun. I will not go into any Private Clan forums at all unless the clan leader has told me himself that I'm allowed to take part in their private forum.

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 21:27
i joined the forums and made a few posts. we should begin a mass spam er i eh mean a large advertising campaign for this new forum.

System
18-05-05, 21:50
Well if you have any Ideas please suggest them :-p. if you'd like you could use my sig that I use, if anyone wants to. I will edit this post with the code in a sec

center]img]http://theeunforgiven.com/images/sig/u4ncrazy.gif/img]URL=http://www.theeunforgiven.com]Thee UnforgiveN A Community for the Gaming World/URL] img]http://theeunforgiven.com/images/sig/u4ncrazy.gif/img]
The Home of The City of Neocrons Communication Hub/center]

I took out all the "["s in front of each code becuase it wont just post the code so reput them in and your set. I also edited it just a little so it wouldn't same the same damn thing as mine becuase thats more of a thing for meh :p

Talamon
19-05-05, 07:43
Hy
i see you want too build an Pro NC forum . but whe head one :-) www.neocroncity-portal.de the forum is bilingual and ouer Govs Visit it :-) (ok the are Admins There ) i search for english admins ,then you can see my english is very bad :-) , contact me in the forum ore over mail (forum www.neocroncity-portal.de user Talamon ore e-mail at webmaster@lftnetzwerk.de

Talamon

System
19-05-05, 10:01
Yours is also in german and i don't think anyone thats english really knew about it. This is mainly an english board and once more people get around I might just add a german section as well. Think i'm going to stick with my site for now, it will give me something to do other then play games.

netster
19-05-05, 10:13
omg, its the talamon :D rayben hier! sind die jungs noch aktiv? ich bin auf terra festgeklebt ;D meld dich wenn du noch wen brauchst, wenn ich auch auf terra nicht mehr der CA angehöre ;)

Bugs Gunny
19-05-05, 10:32
Good job System.
It'll be a good means of communication between clans when people aren't online.

ZoVoS
19-05-05, 10:56
i hope only recognised clanned runers can gain acces, anybody can change fracionts

System
19-05-05, 15:00
Yes anyone can change factions, this is why the forums are a community thing. If you noticed something that shouldn't not be then report it. I will try to keep up on everything that does go on and friends will as well.

UPDATE TO SITE:
I've added a new section to the forums "The Neocron Wastelands". This section is for CityMerc Faction runners and clans. Check out the site for more information.

And on that note, If DOY would like to have a section as well, I can create a whole DOY Private sections just like I have done with the Pro-City.

These forums are not only to better Pro-City but to better the game as a whole. This will put a little more Roleplay back into the game.

naimex
19-05-05, 15:05
with all due respect to what y´all trying to do here...

but plz dont....

forums are getting kinda dead around here.. and uhm.... well...

you´re trying to make people post elsewhere... thats kinda the opposite of what I was hoping...

System
19-05-05, 15:25
naimex,

I understand completely where you are coming from. But these forums do not have what people want. KK hasn't said a word about anything like what I have. And the closest thing that is like this is the In-Game Forums, and I know a lot of people do not even look at the in-game forums. People like to have web base forums. I'm not just offering a service for private neocron forums for factions but also giving a place for small clans that do not have a web site and would like to have forums for their members to check outside the game.

I'm not trying to pull people away from these forums. And I don't think people will be pulled away from these forums by my site. I'm not trying to hurt the community here, trying to make it better. And I hope it does get better.

Digital-Talios
19-05-05, 15:29
I think what we were looking for was a NC biased forum website. Its kinda freaky to have the same communications network on the same site of your enemy.

Also is there really a need for faction forums? If any thing we need a NC only forum.

System
19-05-05, 15:39
Digital-Talios,

If you look in "The City of Neocron (Private)" section you will see a board called "Pro-City General (City Only)" section. This is where everyone in the Pro-City can post. The reason Why there is also Faction Only forums is for if people want to recruit, post meeting times and such like that.

See everyone cannot see everyone board. 90% of the forum is hidden from everyone unless you are in that group to be able to see them. I believe I added you to the CA group so you should be able to see the CA faction only forum and the Pro-City Only forum.

About the Anti-City joining as well. They will have a section just like the Pro-City has just Pro-City wont be able to view it as same for Anti-City wont be able to view Pro's. The reason I'm opening it up to the whole community is to help everyone out and to try and bring back better communication for everyone in each faction.

-- System --

Edited: I guess I can put discriptions in each board so people know what it is, and who can view it and who cannot. It might help everyone understand the setup a lot better

Bugs Gunny
19-05-05, 15:40
Yep, no faction forums. We're all trying to become part of a big family here. dividing it up into different factions does the oposite.

Morganth
19-05-05, 15:54
The difference between Systems forum and this one is that the organisation is much better for RP/In-game stuff than here. Plus it allows people to discuss things that would normally get stamped "keep it ingame" (unless of course it infringes Thee UnforgiveN's forum rules).

System
19-05-05, 15:57
and there isn't very many rules at the moment. I shouldn't have to state rules it should be understanded already. But if things get out of control I will have to inforce rules to the board. But for those of you who have played with me you know my rules :-p and you all know i'm open minded about things and can get a long with everyone. So it should work out nicely

Morganth
19-05-05, 16:02
and there isn't very many rules at the moment. I shouldn't have to state rules it should be understanded already. But if things get out of control I will have to inforce rules to the board. But for those of you who have played with me you know my rules :-p and you all know i'm open minded about things and can get a long with everyone. So it should work out nicely

We should start a [U4N] for CS:S tbh. I'd most definately sign up, I play CS:S more now than I used to play NC (and those who know me should be able to figure out thats about 3 hours a night minimum, 6+ hours at weekends).

System
19-05-05, 16:10
Morganth, talk about that in the UnforgiveN section of my forums. Because I am looking to expan the clan back to CS, just was looking for someone to do it.

Ok abck on topic now!

I'm almost done putting in Descriptions of each forum in each forum. So give it some time and you can see. Once you join a group you will be able to see the Description of that group but until you'll only be able to see the public/registered members only boards

naimex
19-05-05, 19:08
But these forums do not have what people want. KK hasn't said a word about anything like what I have.

as said I don´t mean to be rude..

but this sentence, makes very little sense to me.

since this sentence makes no sense without the first part being affiliated with the last part.

You say these forums don´t have what the "people" want, but you have?

This will be very hard for me to grasp since, pardon me saying, you have no power of influence on when the bugs will be fixed, or when the almighty GMs will talk, and I doubt very much that information about this game from the GMs and MJS himself will come faster to your forum than this.

And I know for my own being, what I would really like, is words from the ones that know.

so without being rude, I have no reason to go to your community under those circumstances, since it does not have what I want.

However I will wish you very good luck with what you are trying to achieve as I know it is not what I fear will be the end-goal.

Digital-Talios
19-05-05, 19:14
the original concept of a nc forum was to allow moderators the ability to delete rude or counter productive posts for better uniting NC. It would also provide a hub for people to ogranise ideas or plans.

System
19-05-05, 19:15
Ok you took that sentence in the most wrongest way possible.

Let me clear that up for you. I ment by that sentence was...

KK does not have the time (That I know of) to create a place where the runners can go out to discuss privately with their factions/city. They don't have a place where Pro-City can only see what Pro-City is typing, Anti-City can Only see what Anti-City is typing. The only thing close to that is their In-Game forums. But a lot of people like Out of Game forums. Basically What I host is something like the In-Game forums but has a little more features.

Do you get what I meant by that?

-- System --

Site Updated: The Site Information Section is now up for all you who is wondering what the site is about. Also I finished the discrution section of each forum. Enjoy

naimex
19-05-05, 19:23
and just like the ingame forums and channels, you do what is impossible.

most people have chars on both sides of the war.

anyone can just make an account on the nc side forum, and join in and see just exactly what was written and if important go post on their own forum and vice versa.

so it will never be an only this or that forum.

and yes I understand what you meant by the other sentence now.

But I fail to see the purpose of dividing it into faction and allegiance boards only, because it simply cant exist around a game where people play both sides.

So no matter what it would just be one big forum divided into 2 smaller forums, that are divided but not locked away from one another, and then we are back with, whats wrong with these forums, and then we can run back to your starting point, and go out the other way, and then you will be where the Furious-Angels forums where/are...

System
19-05-05, 19:30
naimex,

I understand where your coming from and I know this will happen. But the groups are not Open Groups, they are closed groups and Only I and the other administration can invite someone to that group.

The administration check each person and each alt. We go into game and they have to be able to confirm everything. If they have an alt on the other side then they will not be able to join the group in most cases. Now if that person only has one alt on the other side for epics and that person is in a clan and their clan leader can give their word then so be it.

But this is what the community is for as well. If someone switches factions and doesn't tell one of the administrators that and when it is noticed by the community then that person will be switched.

Yes I Know this is a lot of work and a lot of time. And yes this is all going on peoples trust. But this is for people to try and RolePlay. There is always spies and spys need to be weeded out and delt with by the community.

Jesterthegreat
19-05-05, 19:51
so your sayin i gotta make a trial account and make a pro city clan to read it? ;)

naimex
19-05-05, 19:57
so your sayin i gotta make a trial account and make a pro city clan to read it? ;)

either that or get someone to lie about you..

or simply just use a different account with only pro nc chars on it, and bam you are there..

then register with the pro doy account and bam you are there...

Anarchy always wins....

System
19-05-05, 20:02
Yes that could happen, Thats called a "Spy", but thats the same way for the In-Game forums. But people like to use Web Base forums so I created the same thing but Web Base...

Jesterthegreat
20-05-05, 13:43
either that or get someone to lie about you..

or simply just use a different account with only pro nc chars on it, and bam you are there..

then register with the pro doy account and bam you are there...

Anarchy always wins....

i only have 1 account... always have :p

only exception was when i had inject13's account one time he decided to quit, which only lasted a month or so :p

and Anarchy will always win because Order plays by the rules :p

Bugs Gunny
20-05-05, 15:16
Anarchy doesn't always win.
Order wins because it is able to organise in the end and then control a larger more powerfull organism.

Anarchy works in small groups, order works in large groups.

Jesterthegreat
20-05-05, 15:26
haha... orgasm

System
20-05-05, 19:10
Ok I got the Site Information Section up so people can have a better understanding what the site is about. Also I will be working on putting the DOY section up into as well.

@Any GM: Could you change the Topic name to "Neocrons CityCom WebBase Forum" Thank you.

-- System --

Kozmos
20-05-05, 19:29
Ok I got the Site Information Section up so people can have a better understanding what the site is about. Also I will be working on putting the DOY section up into as well.

@Any GM: Could you change the Topic name to "Neocrons CityCom WebBase Forum" Thank you.

-- System --
ok look

heres an idea bro, gonna be a fair bit of work on your side, but would make it fairly secure, seeing as most of the neocron playerbase know eachother anyway lol.

Hows about they approach you ingame, you verify their main/alts etc, and create the account for them and let them know the details.

just an idea.

Obsidian X
20-05-05, 20:32
ok look

heres an idea bro, gonna be a fair bit of work on your side, but would make it fairly secure, seeing as most of the neocron playerbase know eachother anyway lol.

Hows about they approach you ingame, you verify their main/alts etc, and create the account for them and let them know the details.

just an idea.

How would that work? I mean how could you prove your alts are/aren't X, Y and Z? Even if you took a Screenshot of your login screen, theres no way anyone could prove you don't own another account.