PDA

View Full Version : What Payment Meathod Do You Use And Why Do You Use It?

TOASTIE
18-05-05, 19:54
I have been watching the forum daily for the last couple of months.
I have decided to come back within the upcomming month. I am getting prepared and have my characters transfered. Now what i'm doing is trying to find the best way to pay. I went through the client and put in my cc "visa" and it would not process. I then tried it directly on the webpage to submit the transaction. Every time i clicked the submit button for them to take 5.00 off my card or what ever they take off to verify the card is good and such, the card would not give them the verification dollar amount.
I have about 10,000.00 limit on their FULL of cash for them. I called up the visa "home trust visa" and they said that they see the few times they tried to take the 5 bucks off my card but the visa can not put it though for 5.00 to them because it's acting as a cash advance and the minimum is 20.00 "like the bank machine 20/40/60 intervals".

I thought that i would now try my master card "Capital one" and again put in my information on the client and tried it. Again when i hit the submit I saw the page doing it's thing and giving the bank the information to process the ammount. Again the page just haulted and said that it could not take the money off the card. On this master card i'm now trying i have a 5,000.00 limit and about 4,800.00 left on it. I called MASTERCARD this time very fusterated and knowing the chances of it being the same issue as the visa. I told her that i want her to let the 5.00 go to them when i try again. She said ok and then i hung up with her. I then tried again and hit the submit button about 30 times. No luck at ANY attempt. I threw my visa in their one more time and both cards on the client and the webpage would not work. I called up the visa and they said that I cant and the other person i spoke with is new and nothing can be done.... fuck....

I now am going to have to fuckin pay that EXTRA fee to use the other payment meathods as a first time registration fee though hyperwallet or whatever.

This is why i did not go to neocron2 right away. Every credit card i have does not work, or else i would of been on it the day nc2 was out.

I'm gona suck it up and pay the one time registration fee to go though the other payment meathods.

So, my question now is which one is the fastest and the smoothest. Which way do YOU use and do you like it or no, and why ?

I'll gather your comments of the different payment meathods and which one is the best in your opinion and why. I'll then apply it to my decision and within this month i'll be ingame :D

TWOK
18-05-05, 20:01
C2P, because they accepted my SOLO card and it went without a hitch...thats it really.

TOASTIE
18-05-05, 20:03
C2P, because they accepted my SOLO card and it went without a hitch...thats it really.

I'm looking for "solo" on the list of payment meathods. I cant seem to find it.
*cleans glasses*. I'll google it :P

Toxen
18-05-05, 20:05
Didn't know people still had solo cards most got turned in Switch cards last year.
Ie if u can't see solo try switch most retailer process them under the same name.

TOASTIE
18-05-05, 20:10
Didn't know people still had solo cards most got turned in Switch cards last year.
Ie if u can't see solo try switch most retailer process them under the same name.

I see them :) .
I'm gona have to go work on something here at my job, but i'll be back to look at other peoples feedback on different payment meathods, but i'll read into switch. I need to find out if they ask for a shitty registration fee... That's the part that hurts... :(

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 20:50
c2p... havent fucked me over yet, i live in hope :p

enigma_b17
18-05-05, 21:37
that theyll fuck you over?

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 21:46
C2P for me... easiest to use for me.

Obsidian X
18-05-05, 23:42
Thankfully once C2P got Switch cards working at the very start of NC2 retail, I've not had any probs with em. Even managed to open a second account since then. :angel:

[TgR]KILLER
19-05-05, 00:35
i use bank/wire transfer from paybycash. pretty much since its the only option i can use. husk upgraded my account and payed for the first 3 months when nc2 got out. and in dec i had to leave the game for 2 months waiting till paybycash became active.

-FN-
19-05-05, 01:09
I use C2P. Sign up on C2P's website and make sure your username and password are working. Then when you sign up for your Neocron Subscription, be sure to do it in Internet Explorer, punch in your already valid C2P Username/Password and viola.

Using other browsers (Netscape, Firefox) will F-up the embedded Click2Pay window in the Neocron Page resulting in a 501 error which you'll end up calling C2P for and all they'll say is keep trying is poor english.

Trying to sign up on C2P within the Neocron Page can result in it taking a long time for the account to actually be setup properly for use.

Tredia
24-05-05, 06:08
I went through the client and put in my cc "visa" and it would not process. I then tried it directly on the webpage to submit the transaction. Every time i clicked the submit button for them to take 5.00 off my card or what ever they take off to verify the card is good and such, the card would not give them the verification dollar amount.
I have about 10,000.00 limit on their FULL of cash for them.
I'll gather your comments of the different payment meathods and which one is the best in your opinion and why. I'll then apply it to my decision and within this month i'll be ingame :D

I hope my experience helps you Toastie.

I changed my credit card today to my Chase Visa on C2P and I think I have found out why some people have so many problems getting their credit cards to work.

C2P charges get sent back to your Credit Card company classified as "Online Gaming" or "Online Gambling." Many credit card companies don't want their account holders participating in this sort of behavior so they block all charges coming from these vendors.

So what happens is this: You enter your card on C2P, card is denied or says invalid card. You call your credit card company and they say "I dunno, you have enough credit," and the never tell you about this little clause they have about online gaming/gambling (and some customer service reps just don't know).

What's the solution? I told Customer Service that I wanted to talk to Security so I can authorize a special charge. After a mini-lecture about the evils of online gambling from the security guy (Jerk!), he approved my card for online gaming/gambling charges.

About 10 minutes later all was well for C2P. Card went through with no further problems.

-Tredia/Terra

IceStorm
24-05-05, 06:20
I use a C2P account set up separate from NC. It does direct debit to my checking account. I had the same CC problems you have and chalked them up to C2P's online gambling reputation, so I put aside the CCs.

Note that if you set up a C2P account separate from NC's launcher, C2P will charge you 3% extra on top of the Reakktor charges for using a credit card...