PDA

View Full Version : Cygwin and SpamAssassin?

AlphaGremlin
18-05-05, 12:30
Okay, so today I installed Visual Basic on one of the computers at work, and coded a plugin for Exchange (ugh, I hate it already) to pass e-mails to and from SpamAssassin. It bypasses SpamC directly and talks straight to SpamD, so it's nice and neat.
The installation of SpamAssassin is on Cygwin, since there are no computers I can put Linux on, and loaded it up. All good, no problems there. Except that I can't use sa-learn!
The first time it opens the bayes database it works fine, and I can learn all the spam messages I exported. But when I tell it to learn all the ham (or if I sa-learn the ham first, and then try spam) it fails trying to get a lock on the database, and refuses to work until I delete the database files. Which means that I no longer have the data I imported previously, so I can't use the bayesian filtering!
The strange thing is that it fails without an error description. It says something like "Could not connect to database \home...\bayes_*, try failed:" and no reason. (I can't recall exactly since I'm not at work atm)
Has anyone got experience installing SpamAssassin under Cygwin, or Linux in general? It's pissing me off, since I have this nice little plugin (which I plan to release GPL since there is no free Exchange Server plugin for SpamAssassin that is a easy to use as unzip, run a batch file and enter the server IP) and I can't test it out fully!
AlphaGremlin

AlphaGremlin
19-05-05, 02:26
Never mind, I upgraded the version of Sleepycat DB and it works fine now. Sweet, sweet Spam Assassin.
AlphaGremlin

wolfwood
19-05-05, 06:06
Never mind, I upgraded the version of Sleepycat DB and it works fine now. Sweet, sweet Spam Assassin.
AlphaGremlin

o of course sleepycat :wtf: