PDA

View Full Version : Neocronicle V05-05-02

Arbiter
18-05-05, 02:54
Editorial - Don't trust the VotR!
by Barry Pepper

Dear reader!

In the last issue of the propaganda blow rag of the Dome, the Voice of the Resistance, we were all able to see how the dome and Ronald Rodriguez try to manipulate the truth and the people!

Of course a true and loyal citizen would never read the VotR anyway, but we think that we should inform you of the fact that they are claiming Neocron set up the bomb in the canyon and destroyed it (page 2). Could it be that the radiation made them forget things that quickly, or it is because they really try to manipulate everyone, even when history tells another story:

When Hagen Yager got too greedy the dome decided to test the first of their bombs. Right inside the canyon, yes! So it was their so-called allies who destroyed their home!

You see: The only magazine you can trust is the Neocronicle, and here we go.

Enjoy reading the truth!

Interview with Jack Red
by Randolph Bennet

Readers of our last issue already know about Jack Red, a former Neocronicle Reporter, now being promoted to a City Governor. We asked Mr. Red for an interview and had enough luck to meet him high above our brave city in the restaurant in Plaza Sector 1. Here is a transcript of our discussion.

Randolph Bennet: Good day, Mr. Red! We're happy you followed through with our invitation.
Jack Red: Of course! I am always happy to have an open door for the Neocronicle.

Randolph Bennet: That's great to hear and I am sure we will get back to that. Take a seat, Mr. Red!
Jack Red: Thanks!

Randolph Bennet: Mr. Red, it's been two weeks now since you got promoted to a City Governor. Are you already feeling comfortable with your new position?
Jack Red: Well, it is a big difference, you really can't compare both jobs with each other. But with each day I find myself becoming more used to it.

Randolph Bennet: Are there any projects you are already planning?
Jack Red: Of course I will support Mr. Dorsett and the City Council project as much as possible, but I also want to be a contact person for every normal Neocron citizen on the streets. Currently I am concentrating on these two aspects of my job.

Randolph Bennet: But how do you want to be a contact person on one hand and take care of your own security on the other hand? I mean, after the murder of Lioon Reza's successor it seems quite logical that the terrorists will attempt the same thing with other official representatives as well.
Jack Red: The attack on Reza's successor was a gutless act. I have never heard of something I could compare to this and I want to clarify that I do not tolerate such a behaviour of the Dome, especially not in our city! But Mr. Jepherson was alone. He didn't tell anyone about his plans in the Pepper Park. I will not do the same mistake! The NCPD will always know where I am and what I am doing. If the Dome really thinks they could do me any harm, they will be surprised! Of course, for security reasons, I can not tell you any more.

Randolph Bennet: Of course not. Mr. Red, as City Governor you surely know the city like the back of your hand. What is your favourite place, if you can tell us about this, or is this matter of your security as well?
Jack Red: Such a fantastic city as Neocron has many beautiful places. It is really hard to decide what place would be my absolute favourite. For example there is the Medicare in Plaza-1, the central where all the trading in our city takes place. You will always discover something new and there are variable services here all the time. A more relaxing place is Via Rosso 3, where you can enjoy the ocean view and the silence. I often found myself staring at the see for quite some time. It is tha best place to chill out, I can imagine.

Randolph Bennet: Indeed, that is a beautiful place. Are there any plans to spruce up the city any more?
Jack Red: Of course! Practically everywhere you can find people working on that. For example there is the Neocron zoo which is still being worked on. I am pretty sure that the zoo will be a very nice addition to the city as soon as it is finished.

Randolph Bennet: But sadly Neocron is not comprised of only beautiful places. Since the reopening of the clubs in Pepper Park there was a significant increase of crime. Some citizen even fear that the Dragons and Tsunamis could come back to the city. How do you want to change this?
Jack Red: Of course we are happy that there is life again in Pepper Park. Sadly some criminal subjects have relocated to their old hide-outs as well. This is one thing we really have concerns about, and not only because it seems that Mr. Jepherson became a victim of these back-alley guys. Currently there are no security ressources left to take care of that, but be assured that we will have the production of CopBots up to speed. It still will take some time for us to have enough CopBots, so we are in negotiations with the CityMercs as well, but we also have to rely on the support of our runners. Keep an eye on Pepper Park! Support your city!

Randolph Bennet: I am sure our readers are happy to hear about the status of the CopBot production. But are there other plans to increase the security in our city?
Jack Red: At first glance our city seems to be secure. But sadly the Dome of York has managed to get some spies into the most sensible parts of our city. To change this we have started the production of biometric identification cards. With these cards runner can be assigned to factions of our city without any doubt and spies will be demasked.

Randolph Bennet: Sounds promising. But wasn't there an incident lately concerning the production?
Jack Red: Yes, as one of your reporters already reported there was an explosion and it seems that some chemicals that were used for the cards caused the trouble, but we are still investigating. We don't know yet when we will reach the series-production readiness for the identification cards.

Randolph Bennet: That's unfortunate. As unfortunate as it may be, our time is over now. I am sure you have other important things to do in your office. Maybe we can continue this on another day.
Jack Red: There are indeed things that need to be done. I wish you a nice evening, Mr. Bennet!

Randolph Bennet: Same to you, Mr. Red!

Fabrication of the biometric ID cards delayed
By William Frost

Previously reported, these ID cards will make it much more difficult for spies from the Dome to infiltrate Neocron. Unfortunately we have to inform you that a serious accident in the production facilities has occurred. An explosion ended the lives of three loyal employees and five others will be deformed for the rest of their lives.

At the moment, we guess that there was an error in the mixing ratio of the chemicals. Of course, a case of sabotage by Dome of York can’t be excluded. The ruthless criminals that control the Dome would love to see this project fail.

When production can resume is a question that no one seems to be able to answer. The men who died were experts in their field, and it won’t be easy to find replacements. Furthermore, the production facilities have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

If you have experience mixing chemicals in a fast paced environment, please apply in person at City Administration HQ. If you can pass the security and aptitude test, a very good opportunity with a great salary is waiting for you.

Mutant incidences rise
By William Frost

We are receiving unprecedented numbers of complaints from citizens of increasingly aggressive actions from mutants. There have even been complaints of mutants reaching the city center and attacking peaceful traders who work there.

“I was standing there, and from one second to another: total chaos,” stated a Medicare employee. “I never did anything to these mutants and I don’t understand why these poor creatures hate us.”

The Vermin Control Division of the NCPD issued the following statement in answer to our requests for a response. “We believe that something in the Outzone chased the mutants out of there natural habitat,” reported the speaker of the division. “Visitors to the Outzone have reported some strange events. I can’t tell you more right now, we will continue our investigations in this area.”

In addition, the division published some simple rules on how to protect yourself and others from the mutants and what you have to consider when in contact with mutants. You are asked to strictly follow the below published rules of Mutant contact and control.

1. Don’t get close to the mutants, this could be seen as an aggressive act.
2. If you are attacked by mutants call for assistance and aggressively defend yourself only if you have the proper experience at vermin control; otherwise: LEAVE THE AREA.
3. Don’t try to feed the Mutants. They are extremely dangerous and feeding them makes them depend on humans as a food source.
4. The keeping of mutants as pets in Diamond Real Estate Apartments is strictly forbidden. If you are discovered with a pet mutant, you will be subjected to high penalties or even execution.
5. Until the situation in the Outzone is cleared up: you should not travel to the Outzone alone.

Law Enforcers - Behind the Myths
by Randolph Bennet

The Law Enforcer. Every citizen has once had one of these multifunctional implants, and for an incomprehensible reason, inexperienced runners find themselves yanking out the implant as soon as they find out they have one in their head. If one asks the runner exactly why this action was taken, one will be nearly drowned in a baffling array of false accusations, myths, and urban legends. That is the purpose of this article; to help alleviate some problems caused by false predjudices of the Law Enforcer implant.

Most noticably, the Law Enforcer contributes to a given runner's personal safety. While the implant is in the recipient's head, it is actually impossible to be attacked or to attack others. This is where the implant recieves its name - if any unlawful activity is detected in the users' brain, his or her location is immediately forwarded to the NCPD, and the perpetrator is heavily questioned.

Accordingly, runners with the Law Enforcer implanted should use the abovementioned benefit to detect any anti-CityAdministration activity within the city limits, especially dangerous places that would normally be suicidal for un-Law Enforced citizens.

In the past, the Law Enforcer has brought a figurative plague on those who had it implanted - the Administration had at one point enforced a taxation on those wearing the implant to help support the city's economy. This added feature cost the Law Enforcer some of its functionality and popuarity - Adding this large of a function, a taxation program, caused a sort of permanent impairment on its user, requiring a much larger knowledge about a given weapon before it would be possible to use. However, as technology was increased, the desire and need for this taxation function was erased completely.

In conclusion, many of the harsh predjuces and false accusations concerning the Law Enforcer actually have some basis of truth. Like most other things, though, technology has improved, and having such a comically useless implant is behind our times. The Law enforcer is solely a tool in which the CityAdministration uses to protect our beautiful city.

Thefts at Crytons
By William Frost

A spokesperson for Crytons has informed us today: several Crytons shops were victims of thefts last night. The thefts seemed to be well planed. The alarm systems were bypassed; cybernetic components and weapons systems parts were taken.

“When I locked the shop yesterday, everything was all right,” stated a Crytons store manager “But when I tried to open today… The locks were broken and it was a shambles inside. They knew exactly what they wanted, took only the finest and let other things lay.”

The NCPD CSI team started with the search for evidence and detectives interviewed the witnesses. “We can’t give you any details about the investigation,” one of the CopBots informed us. “But whoever is stupid enough to steal something in Neocron should be watching over his shoulder because we are looking for him, and we always get our man. Believe in us, and trust in Reza!”

Mr Kot
18-05-05, 03:00
Very good :)

The "official" story of the LEs is long overdue too. Good work ;)

Arbiter
18-05-05, 03:05
Special thanks to Krysm, Phase and JudgeMental for the proofreading and the person behind William Forst (you know who you are) for the articles :)

CMaster
18-05-05, 03:35
Heh - more hints at the "mutant war" plotline.

Brammers
18-05-05, 13:14
There is one big editorial mistake. "Don't trust the VotR!", should read "Don't trust the Neocronicle!"

ooc: :D Nice Neocronicle BTW :)

CMaster
18-05-05, 13:19
There is one big editorial mistake. "Don't trust the VotR!", should read "Don't trust the Neocronicle!"
Tis a foolish man who relies soley on one news source.

aKe`cj
18-05-05, 14:13
Tis a foolish man who relies soley on one news source.

this is why you
a) read the VotR pdf ..and
b) read the news in the online-portal

:p

//OOC: nice edition arb !

Digital-Talios
18-05-05, 16:30
So if Jack Red is our new govenor then does hte city council over see him?

Bugs Gunny
18-05-05, 16:33
I guess he's our boss then.....

Siygess
18-05-05, 16:39
So if Jack Red is our new govenor then does hte city council over see him?

My understanding of the situation is this:

Reza + Council
|
|- City Governor + Player Council
|
|- Everyone else

Toxen
18-05-05, 18:12
Again when was the last time reza was seen in public no one but city officials have seen in the past year since the events of the dome. There was not even a public appearence at the time of the impending neutron bomb strike on the city nor when many runners loyal to the city died in the process of detonating the neutron bomb on the pad and inturn destroying most of DoY superstructure and killing of the inhabitants.

Street
20-05-05, 01:15
very interesting article, i enjoyed reading it