PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] How do I get my Avatar Fixed?

-FN-
18-05-05, 00:34
I've gotten conflicting information from multiple sources and I'd just like to know once and for all, what I have to do to get this fixed. Feel free to hit this with [CbT] when it's officially answered. Thanks.

Tratos
18-05-05, 00:36
Send an in-game ticket stating you havnt been fixed since the terra bork-up, a GM will then arrange a time for you to get your hair/clothes fixed assuming thats whats causing the problem.

EDIT: Anyone who hasnt read down, ignore this post, wrong information.

Brammers
18-05-05, 00:37
And also related to the same problem - the incorrect class, gender and professions for each character.

For example Brammers is not a Female Preacher PSI Monk.

[TgR]KILLER
18-05-05, 00:38
Send an in-game ticket stating you havnt been fixed since the terra bork-up, a GM will then arrange a time for you to get your hair/clothes fixed assuming thats whats causing the problem.

lol that has fuck all to do with the avatar in the logins screen. they can't fix that. well you can rerole to fix it. 3 of my 4 chars are like that. only my ppu has a face because i made her in feb and all my other chars are from nc1 or at least before the december bugs.

Sakletare
18-05-05, 00:38
The avatar in the login screen (including wrong class/gender) can't be fixed. Helpdesk told me this: "currently a known issue and cannot be fixed at this time".

Nidhogg
18-05-05, 00:42
My NC1 avatars went AWOL months before NC2 was released but it never affected my ability to choose since the name was still clearly visible. It's not a high priority issue right now and as far as I know there's no way to get them back as yet.

N

Toxen
18-05-05, 01:13
Yes nid it may not affect your ability to choose but neither does a cluster of dead pixels in the middle of your screen over your picture the point is people are constantly exposed to bugs in the game and now they can't even get past the login without encountering them. If screenshots of these kinda logins the bugs with the char skins which are still occuring to some part (there also appears to be new problems occuring with lighting sprites) were put on the new NC2 box it would simply not sell. Please do not post in reply to this that the game is from an 'Indy' Company these days that is simply not an exscuse if KK couldn't cope with a worldwide multilingual game it should not have released it to that domain. There are plenty of examples of smaller design teams producing much bigger games on a tigher budget and been far more succesful NC2 did not have to be released so early, it could have been held back till some more of the bugs were sorted, in fact many would agree that should have been the primary focus of the NC2 coding rather than graphics upgrades that have led to more bugs.
This isn't a critism at you nid but we have not had a plan file since the start of NC2 announcing theme weeks, There are alternatives to NC2 coming on the market Neocron will no longer have its near uniqueness of been the only MMO set in a cyberpunk setting. These if not at first savagely remove huge chunks of disastisfied players from the game, they will slowly errode players beyond that. A clear plan of what dev's and KK intend to do with the game is needed
to show loyal customers where the game is going so people from the design team ideally should take a couple hours out each month and talk to the populace of neocron and do and answer and question session in real time community is one of the biggest factors in MMO's in can make and break them NC's community is in dire need of some attention.

-FN-
18-05-05, 01:23
Ok... before this turns into a Blood-bath, I'm just gonna take it that Nid's response is an official one and I'm just shit out of luck and have to live with a bugged login screen or reroll an APU with 95 INT. Since I've already rerolled a capped Spy in an attempt to get this stupid bug fixed I think I've already lost enough.

Please close this before it gets out of hand. Thanks.

IceStorm
18-05-05, 01:37
Send a mail to helpdesk. I did that and I was told to describe what I wanted each account/char to ook like.

It's not a high priority issue right nowThanks a bunch. You realize that because of this I get in-game mails every week from my "personal skill advisor", correct? Every character that is damaged in this fashion gets these e-mails. I went from 5 unread mails to 12 unread mails in the space of four days this past week on my PE character...
and as far as I know there's no way to get them back as yet.Then you're not kept up to date. There is a way to get your characters fixed properly. It involves a GM manually building a new character and then working with the GM to transfer inventory from one character to the other (including cabinets, etc).

You'd be correct if you said there is no automated way to fix the login screen problem. I doubt there ever will be.

Toxen
18-05-05, 01:42
Could you imagine the timesink involved in doing that with every char affected Ice.

eprodigy
18-05-05, 02:37
you rerolled to get the login picture back O_o

IceStorm
18-05-05, 02:44
Could you imagine the timesink involved in doing that with every char affected IceYes, I can. I also know I pay over $500/yr for NC2. I would like a fix for my problems, and a fix that does not require I give up my custom NC1 names. I don't care if the name filter guy "left", I want my IceStorm names from NC1 regardless of how the fix for everything else is implemented.

Toxen
18-05-05, 02:54
Ehhh, quite right, im going to toss in another way alot of these problems could be solved by. FULL DATABASE WIPE. would sort everyones login screens out in a matter of minutes.

That wasn't a serious suggestion... actually on second thought it might be good, but the point was that in the end its KK's game if they wanted to do that and wipe every char out, or turn around and grant everyone GM level access they just simply could.

IceStorm
18-05-05, 03:03
im going to toss in another way alot of these problems could be solved by. FULL DATABASE WIPE. Might as well just play an FPS, then. Without persistence there's no point to MMORPGs.

Toxen
18-05-05, 03:20
I know what you mean, I've put alot of time into my chars in game and I feel like im still owed something from the game like somethings missing, I actually feel sorry and sad when I see newbies coming into the game for the first time all excited and chipper about what looks initialy to be an excellent game, cus I know in a couple of hours time they'll be asking on help Why do i have 50 health and no soulight and no cash... why does it always say syncronising and I can't move, and who in the end usually ends up explaining this... other players have to break the harsh news to the newbies, its demoralising, Please I ask of you people in control of neocron make it better for those that are still niave about the woes of NC it can be done we all belive it can we just need some proof some token gesture to show that your trying to solve some of the old old problems of NC. The community thats grown up around NC will be behind you every step of the way if you let us see that you are doing something.

zii
18-05-05, 03:37
Send a mail to helpdesk. I did that and I was told to describe what I wanted each account/char to ook like.
Thanks a bunch. You realize that because of this I get in-game mails every week from my "personal skill advisor", correct? Every character that is damaged in this fashion gets these e-mails. I went from 5 unread mails to .

Does this really really cause people so much grief? Is it really worth it?

There are too many other things, in life, to worry about. Regardless of whatever, in my opinion, are minor issues in this game, they pale into existance with the complete screwups that the banks, gas companies, mobile phone operators, and the other random idiots (insert click2pay if you wish, although I've had very minor admin problems with them, and they have been resolved very quickly in a timely manner) make on a almost fortnightly basis. Compared to the rest, NC is fine in my book.

Next you'll all be quipping marketing slogans telling us how much you deserve NC to be better. @threadstarter - prob., a good idea to put more pressure on someone to have this thread to closed;)

I would hope that newbies, like I was once, get used to the bugs such as noSL/no$$/noInventory. I don't expect them to go away, and in real life its not a perfect world, and since NC was made by people in real life, don't expect everything to work all the time. It won't.

I work in an ebvironment with a lot of people in real-time programming moving an object that costs us USD60 a minuete to operate, and it operates 24/7/365days a year, and every day something crops up to cause a small glitch. Since the whole project is so complicated and there are too many varibles, both external and internal, it becomes a very complitcated experience to debug everything.

This is a computer game, so I would expect it to run less smoothly.

</rant off>

IceStorm
18-05-05, 03:56
Does this really really cause people so much grief? Is it really worth it? Yes, it does. It is very, very irritating to both have a blinking e-mail icon going off EVERY TIME I LOG IN across all 12 characters and to have SPAM in my @#%!%! Neocron INBOX, and AUTOMATED SPAM at that.
There are too many other things, in life, to worry about.The reason it is irritating in-game is that it's a parallel of real-life SPAM I get in my real-life e-mail inbox EVERY DAY.

KK has focused so much on the "newbie experience" that they've forgotten there are a stack of us who just don't give a shit about newbie MC5 or NPCs spouting off about skills. It's one thing to add it for the masses that will never come, but it's another when adding it interfeers with my seasoned, leveld character gaming experience on a regular basis.

I don't think it's asking much to ask for a checkbox which disables automated in-game mails. I want to see mails from other players, not automated crap from my faction or profession advisor...

They took our money, corrupted our characters, took three months to get the copbots off our heads, won't fix our character data so the login screen works properly, bombard us with bullshit newbie mails that NEVER STOP COMING and are for the wrong profession to boot, and then go on to International Release without Item Tracking or Player Shops. What do they do for an encore? Anally ******** my mother while pouring sugar in my gastank!?

(Yes, that last bit was a joke... mostly.)

zii
18-05-05, 04:47
Made me laugh :) True I don't care too much for the newbie experience, especially as I'll never use it. I just don't read my emails anymore because noone ever replied back to mine. Oh well

Signing off for the night,
Mr. Nae mates.

Nidhogg
18-05-05, 10:44
I am prepared to make a real nuisance of myself in pressing the devs for movement on your issues but I'm going to choose the right fights to fight. Regardless of how you feel about a picture you see for a couple of seconds while logging in (if you don't skip it entirely by using "resume"), this is not that fight. It's a known issue, it's on the bug list and I will bring it up during my next meeting but it's not something I'm going to jump up and down about.

Closed by thread starter.

N