PDA

View Full Version : Error messages list

zii
17-05-05, 19:50
Dear all,

Is there a list of client error messages available, along with a description of their possible cause. Since I spent today getting Join proxy session refused everytime I logged in, except the first time, it would be nice to know whether this is a problem related to the connection speed, the PC or something else as some of these issues may well be resolved by the player when s/he realises that the problem lies with his equipment or Internet connection and not the server.

Regards, Z.

[TgR]KILLER
17-05-05, 21:20
helpdesk@neocron.com ;x

but no i don't know of such a list available. never seen it around anyway.

Mighty Max
17-05-05, 22:11
Join Proxy Session failed
Occures:
when winsock was not able to open a socket descriptor with error code #10048 = WSAEADDRINUSE.

Solution:
Close the application (in that case Neocron) which reserved the socketaddr or wait for the socket to timeout. (40 secs timeout in Neocron, or does anybody know better?)

zii
17-05-05, 22:52
excellent info MMax (naff info Killer;P.
The next question is why was winsock unable to open a file descriptor?

Mighty Max
17-05-05, 23:05
Neocron has to use the bind() function to set a well defined local port for the connection. This however increases the strictness of the functions to close/shutdown a connection on the specified socket. Additional lock-status failures might occure.

Dunno, if those status is not checked, or if it happens asnchronous so the winsock does not return the error code.

I rarely have it, but when i get it the prob sticks with me till i restart.