PDA

View Full Version : CopBots and KOS

hegemonic
17-05-05, 17:36
In my opinion, the Copbots have to be made to NOT attack Dome of York runners. When a citizen of an enemy country is visiting my country in real life, the NYPD does not open fire on them upon sight (and I've never heard of a country where this DOES happen), why then should CopBots open fire upon DoY citizens? Only RED SoulLight characters should be fired upon.

And for the ProCity runners that think this means gankapalooza --you still have your 120/120 guards posted all over to protect you.

Anyone else up for this change? Any alternate suggestions?

Capt. Rik
17-05-05, 17:43
It depends on the situation.

Enemies who are not carrying visible weapons maybe should be allowed in to most of the city (obviously key areas should be a no-no)

The minute an enemy pulls a gun out then bang! executed (he is an enemy after all and pulling a weapon is an act of war effectively)

I don't think SL should be brought into this personally

Plus the fact that the situation is not reversible - my pro city PE would still not be able to walk around the dome in safety cos he doesn't stand a chance of getting near the damn place!

Nidhogg
17-05-05, 17:52
When a citizen of an enemy country is visiting my country in real life, the NYPD does not open fire on them upon sight (and I've never heard of a country where this DOES happen)
Are you saying that in a wartime situation an enemy soldier would be allowed to travel unmolested in your country? In reality the soldier would probably be shot on sight or at the very least arrested, tried and executed as a spy. Even the Geneva convention allows the immediate execution of spies. (Please don't take that as an excuse to discuss political situations in the world today, btw ;) ).

N

Digital-Talios
17-05-05, 17:54
I think either guards (cop bots or DoY guards) should whack poeple with bad SL. May help cut down on ally pking or atleast have people plan around it. I think the plaza sectors and the via rosa sectors should become safe zones once more.

You are correct to say that Neocron is just too beutiful to not be able to stop and look around. Bring back the safe zones and bring back the wonder of the city!

[TgR]KILLER
17-05-05, 18:02
When a citizen of an enemy country is visiting my country in real life, the NYPD does not open fire on them upon sight (and I've never heard of a country where this DOES happen),

niddy is right on this one :p doy and nc are enemies so the visitor thing doesn't really count here.

i think you need to change the poll to.. let the copbots and city guards actually fire on red sl people :p might stop the damn ally pking lol.

virgil caine
17-05-05, 18:05
Are you saying that in a wartime situation an enemy soldier would be allowed to travel unmolested in your country? In reality the soldier would probably be shot on sight or at the very least arrested, tried and executed as a spy. Even the Geneva convention allows the immediate execution of spies. (Please don't take that as an excuse to discuss political situations in the world today, btw ;) ).

N

I agree and on a similar note, my NC runner is not exactly welcome in DOY. Why should it be different for DOY runners in NC. I just don't get the "logic"

hegemonic
17-05-05, 18:09

N
I wouldn't dream of discussing RL politics here :)

However, since asked;
An enemy soldier would be allowed to travel in my country because he would not be wearing a uniform stating that's who he is. There is no "KOS" here except for the "Most Wanted" and those are regarded "Dead or Alive" not "Kill on Sight".

Not every member of every faction is a soldier so they should not be treated as such by law enforcement. For instance, the Twilight Guardian is a militia, but MANY of the members are pure tradeskillers. How can NCPD differentiate between the two if they can't even clear out the old Black Dragon and Tsunami headquarters of those mobs?
Fallen Angels are consortium of scientists, but they have soldiers..
Crahn Church is a religious group and many ProCity runners are Monks...
Tsunami Syndicate and Black Dragon are major real estate players...

All Dome Factions have legitimate reasons for not needing harrassment by a Robotic Police Officer.

I agree and on a similar note, my NC runner is not exactly welcome in DOY. Why should it be different for DOY runners in NC. I just don't get the "logic"
There are not Dome Cops posted all over to attack you, only guards.
ReRead:

And for the ProCity runners that think this means gankapalooza --you still have your 120/120 guards posted all over to protect you.

The GUARDS still attack.

CMaster
17-05-05, 18:11
Just because somebody is a psi monk doesnt mean they are religous, and it certainjly doesnt dictate that they should follow Crahn - its merely a level of mental; training that is necessary, as well as the genetic predisposition.

[TgR]KILLER
17-05-05, 18:15
bigs in your last post you gave the awnser yourself. they can't know who's the tradeskiller or if the tg guy is a trader or the fa guy is a soldier thats why all doy is KOS ;)

virgil caine
17-05-05, 18:23
I wouldn't dream of discussing RL politics here :)

However, since asked;
An enemy soldier would be allowed to travel in my country because he would not be wearing a uniform stating that's who he is. .

Correct and under any agreement the "out of uniform" enemy citizens would be executed as spies if they were caught.

hegemonic
17-05-05, 18:24
KILLER']bigs in your last post you gave the awnser yourself. they can't know who's the tradeskiller or if the tg guy is a trader or the fa guy is a soldier thats why all doy is KOS ;)
Gah --CS mindset!! ;)
I miss the RPG part of this MMOrpg :(

Original monk
17-05-05, 18:27
Gah --CS mindset!! ;)

and the MMO part then ? :angel:

lol sorry, but lately it isnt all massive he :)

hegemonic
17-05-05, 18:28
and the MMO part then ? :angel:
Have to ROFL here :) good one.

zii
17-05-05, 20:06
...And whoever said there was no roleplay in this game... ^^

Jesterthegreat
17-05-05, 20:12
Gah --CS mindset!! ;)

another case where someone decides their RP is better than anyone elses... *sigh*

if i was head of NCPD (bearing in mind the NCPD controls STORMbots as well iirc... the anti terrorist units) i wouldnt say "let all our enemies in incase they are constructors"...

hegemonic
17-05-05, 20:34
another case where someone decides their RP is better than anyone elses... *sigh*
You misread Jester. I was joking with Killa--see the " ;) " ?
:D

ROZZER187
17-05-05, 21:01
bad idea tbh, hence the ncpd's most wanted and the dead copbots that used to be impaled on spikes at tg canyon back in nc1 (sorry make that 1 dead copbot and one next employee)

red=dead thats about all and anything needs to be.
with an exception for venoms policy on yellow = dead ;)

Obsidian X
17-05-05, 21:25
No way. Why would you let in a "harmless tradeskiller" who supplies weapons to terrorists, religious maniacs, thugs etc. The DoY runners were chucked out of Neocron for a reason - why would the CityAdmin allow them to wander around freely as long as they don't hurt anyone?

Mr Kot
17-05-05, 21:28
I'll accept copbots not shooting CA enemies as long as the CA guards continue to do so AND ARE STRAGETICLY POSTED. Having them standing at the bottom of the plaza 2 ramp on a smoke break just won't do. Get them at all potential enemy entry points to the city.

Back to the copbots, i voted "No" because copbots shouldn't just shoot criminals with bad soullight (crime committed in the past) but also those attacking other runners (crime in progress) and with drawn weapons (going equipped to commit a crime - conspiring or attempting to commit a crime).

Think about it. If a police officer in real life saw someone slashing at a member of the public with a knife, would he take action immediately to "serve and protect" or wait until the victim is definitely dead before moving in to arrest for murder?

Bring back the old copbots of NC1. Warn once, warn twice, open fire. Proper 120 damage too, none of this para crap either. It would be in keeping with CA epic scripts that still refer to "zero crime in viarosso and plaza" and the newbie MC5 security chief that advises new runners to keep weapons away within the city as "the copbots don't like that at all".

Does anyone else miss the old "put that weapon away!" speech? To me, that automated zero tolerance theme is what Neocron is (or should be) all about. Hell, even the sound volume tester on the login options menu is a copbot saying "drop that weapon!". The only time that's heard now is in a safe zone. Do any new players even know that's a copbot speaking?

Obsidian X
17-05-05, 21:56
Does anyone else miss the old "put that weapon away!" speech? To me, that automated zero tolerance theme is what Neocron is (or should be) all about. Hell, even the sound volume tester on the login options menu is a copbot saying "drop that weapon!". The only time that's heard now is in a safe zone. Do any new players even know that's a copbot speaking?

Yeah that takes me back, though if runner A was in the process of receiving a second warning for a weapon, and you walk out with your weapon, you don't get another three warnings. Runner A can scarper and the copbots immediatly turn on you. Harsh but fair. Also I'd give the Screaming Horse guys a non CPR weapon. Maybe some kind of pistol, I'd love to see more guards using pistols. It would mean they can't hit you constantly from the sky (a beam rifle doesn't even make sense). Enemy runners could take their chances against SH guards, but their pistols should really hurt if they hit.

Transformer
17-05-05, 22:49
basically i voted yes because i miss NC1 that much and would do anything to go back. sure i could activate my NC1 account and play withmyself but i can do that anyways at home^^

zii
17-05-05, 22:59
I stand with Mr.Kots CopBots.

In all cases, the CopBots should take out those with drawn weapons out in the streets of VR and Plaza areas, and perhaps the further you move away from VR the greater the number of warnings you get for a drawn weapon.

The parashock crap should go and the CopBots should do some damage. The CA should loose parashock, and be toned down to 100/100, but be stratigically positioned, as someone meantioned afore, not on smoke breaks, although a cool animation could be a guard stopping to spark up a ciggy ;)

Brammers
18-05-05, 00:56
In NC1 it was odd seeing TG's in Plaza 1, considering from the storyline point of view that they are an enermy of City Admin, and considering Reza introduced the copbots it was even more odd that he didn't program them to shoot TG's.

In NC2, the copbots now shoot Pro-DoY as they should do. Pro-DoY guards shoot Pro-City in the Dome. To me that's perfectly balanced.

Superbron
18-05-05, 12:07
Copbots should shoot all red SL and all anti-city chars.
DOY-guards should shoot all red SL and all pro-city chars.
Factionguards should shoot all faction-enemies.

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 12:07
do doy guards shot low sl atm?

Superbron
18-05-05, 12:09
Dunno. I never have low SL :angel:

Original monk
18-05-05, 12:10

nopez they certainly dont: phew :)

Jesterthegreat
18-05-05, 12:14
right... i know where ill be pking more ;)

:edit: all your domes are belong to me