PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Next patch when?!

Toilet-Duck
17-05-05, 02:11
Does anyone know when item tracking will be coming? I know its in the next patch and the patch was suppoto be released before the int release right? O_o

The int release has been and gone..

I've just lost a few mc5 items thanks to these bugs :mad:

IceStorm
17-05-05, 06:26
The next patch will arrive the same time as every other patch has arrived:

Not soon enough.

Does anyone know when item tracking will be coming? I'm voting for "when Hell freezes over."

bounty
17-05-05, 06:39
It will arrive when most other things in this game arrive, 1-2 years after it was scheduled to arrive and 2-3 years after it became an idea the devs were toying with.

naimex
17-05-05, 06:57
Toilet-Duck, I find this offensive, you have plenty of time to write here, but you can´t write a single message to me.

I´ve written over 2000 lines of code for ya and you won´t even write me back after trying to reach you for the last 50 hours.

eprodigy
17-05-05, 07:32
omg toilet ducks stay-o-meter is going down !! what will we do if he leaves :p

Toilet-Duck
17-05-05, 07:36
Toilet-Duck, I find this offensive, you have plenty of time to write here, but you can´t write a single message to me.

I´ve written over 2000 lines of code for ya and you won´t even write me back after trying to reach you for the last 50 hours.

Sorry MSN keeps disconnecting and reconnecting :rolleyes:

omg toilet ducks stay-o-meter is going down !! what will we do if he leaves :p

I SUSPECT you would all miss me ;) .

Hellmag
17-05-05, 08:45
I'm voting for "when Hell freezes over."Then i guess your wait is long overdue :)

BradSTL
17-05-05, 08:58
Item tracking still has no estimated date. But Lupus was on the chat channels in game Sunday night and said that there was a bug-fix patch coming, probably soon. So I'm about half expecting patch 133 for Thursday.

LiL T
17-05-05, 09:28
Item tracking still has no estimated date. But Lupus was on the chat channels in game Sunday night and said that there was a bug-fix patch coming, probably soon. So I'm about half expecting patch 133 for Thursday.
Thats what this game needs bug fixing befor anything else, I getting tired of relogging because my PC is going nuts.

athon
17-05-05, 09:33
I'm voting for "when Hell freezes over."
Agreed.

KK appear to be just bullshitting us constantly and frankly I've just about had enough. Barely 10% of the content that was supposed to be in BDoY is actually in, and I severely doubt that any more of what we were told was going to be in is coming any time soon.

And now Nidd's let power go to his head and rather than providing the honest answers that he used to, he just bullshits too, and worse than that, he power trips and keeps trying to tell us that everyone thinks that everything is fine and dandy with Neocron and that no one else in the community feels the way that just about everyone I speak to does.

Makes you wonder if the people who recently jumped ship from Reakktor, including key programmers who were in the middle of working on some of the content we were told was going to happen know something about Reakktor and don't want to go down withthe ship.

Athon Solo

borl
17-05-05, 10:10
Don't worry about it guys, it'll all be fixed with the impending release of NC3: Beyond A Joke. This free expansion should fix all of the current issues with the game, in addition to introducing a wealth of new content. Please don't cancel your subscriptions just yet, this is the carrot on a stick you've all been waiting for.

Original monk
17-05-05, 10:19
you know wich would come in handy next to this itemtracking ?

NPC playershops and a decent WOCcave and wocweapons (i know WOC is in yeah, but please not them horrible Yreplicants lol, then i even prefer MC5 ... even if it means fighting for a little spot between those 35 droners)

and NPCplayershops

and playershops ran by NPC's

im allready happy there busy with the balancing of hacknet :) maybe hacknet rares ??

:angel:

RDevz
17-05-05, 10:20
Does anyone know when item tracking will be coming?

I believe that the applicable term is "Real Soon Now".

IceStorm
17-05-05, 10:43
even if it means fighting for a little spot between those 35 droners)Ok, I need this explained. Is it possible for a single droner to go into MC5 and come out with MC5 techparts?

If that's possible, I'll make a droner. Right now I just suffer without MC5 CPUs...

Capt. Rik
17-05-05, 10:46
Ok, I need this explained. Is it possible for a single droner to go into MC5 and come out with MC5 techparts?

If that's possible, I'll make a droner. Right now I just suffer without MC5 CPUs...

yes, unfortunately it is...

CMaster
17-05-05, 13:52
YEp. GMs weill tell you off from time to time, and you will die occasionally but yep.

nobby
17-05-05, 13:58
I don't understand how they're gonna be able to track an item, when it disappears...

I bet afterwards Gm's will still say "Not my problem, Buy another one!"

Bastards!

Capt. Rik
17-05-05, 14:01
I don't understand how they're gonna be able to track an item, when it disappears...

I bet afterwards Gm's will still say "Not my problem, Buy another one!"

Bastards!

With Item Tracking each item has a unique code assigned to it when it is created.

A database then stores this ID along with the current location of the item. All changes to this location/ownership are logged and can be used to determine a history if needed

nobby
17-05-05, 14:04
maybe it will work...

Capt. Rik
17-05-05, 14:07
If you've ever played Star Wars Galaxies, you've probably seen it in action.

Each item have a hexidecimal code that is effectively it's ID.

There's no reason why it wouldn't work, it just needs the development and testing assosiated with major feature implementation.

Nidhogg
17-05-05, 14:14
As I've stated elsewhere on the forum I'm still chasing this up. The guys in the office have been taking a few days vacation (as have most people in Germany) so I'm still catching up on things.

There will be a small content patch coming next but I do not expect item tracking to be a part of it - just to set expectation.

N

Bugs Gunny
17-05-05, 14:30
Dear people at KK,

In my 16 previous letters i know i have promised payments for NC2, which unfortunately haven't gone through so far.
If you could please wait a few more days, so we can get money tracking in.
This will allow us to make the promised payments without problems.

We realise that for the last few months you have been paying for servers etc.... without getting what i promised you.

Well, if it isn't in with money transfer 133, we'll totaly overhaul the contract and give you another 25% more money in version 3 of the contract.

We feel waiting for version 3 is realy worth it, as it includes so many new things that we decided to release it as an entirely new contract, and not a revision (paperclips included, recycled eco-paper, blue ink, plastic covermap,...)

Toxen
17-05-05, 14:56
*Loudly Slowly Applauds*

enigma_b17
17-05-05, 15:31
Dear people at KK,

In my 16 previous letters i know i have promised payments for NC2, which unfortunately haven't gone through so far.
If you could please wait a few more days, so we can get money tracking in.
This will allow us to make the promised payments without problems.

We realise that for the last few months you have been paying for servers etc.... without getting what i promised you.

Well, if it isn't in with money transfer 133, we'll totaly overhaul the contract and give you another 25% more money in version 3 of the contract.

We feel waiting for version 3 is realy worth it, as it includes so many new things that we decided to release it as an entirely new contract, and not a revision (paperclips included, recycled eco-paper, blue ink, plastic covermap,...)

so true it hurts :/

MisterP
17-05-05, 15:40
Perfectly said ! Someone, somewhere needs to go to business school !

Selendor
17-05-05, 15:40
Ouch! Thats a good one.

Bugs you forgot to mention that because you are from a small 'indy' country your money won't be as good or worth as much as some bigger countries... :angel:

Bugs Gunny
17-05-05, 15:54
PT II. (special request of Selendor)

I would also like to point out that the fact my currency is rated as only 24% viable by leading economy magazines does not make me feel i should do something about my currency.
On the contrary: i'm fully confident that without any for of advertising or investing in our economy, we'll soon have a lot of countries signing up to use it.

I sincerely hope this has restored full confidence of KK in me, your loyal customer.

Bugs Gunny

Netphreak
17-05-05, 16:21
yes, unfortunately it is...

And use what drone to hunt in there?
I have a droner but i've never taken him to mc5 yet as the last time i was in mc5 it had the glass still and everytime i launched a drone it got blown up after 2 shots...

Original monk
17-05-05, 16:24
small "indy" country ? size doesnt always matter hé !!!! in some cases it does tough :)

but thing i wanted to say: bugs gunny please stop doing that lol, im dieing here lol .. its was so [---] close before i pissed my pants lol :p

and icestorm .. yeah droners kinda wrecked mc5 by harvesting parts there nonstop ... prices gone to shit, mc5 is now known as the drone-exploitspot (i sold a tech of sa yesterday .. was in my closet for months now .. the dude asks me: hey youre a rigger probably wink wink ... nuff said :rolleyes: )

since some time now i have a rigger ! its fun yeah :D (can use a raptor since yesterday :cool: ) ... but i prefer dieing with open wounds and salt being powdered all over them then stepping 1 foot in mc5 with my droner ...

let em have fun them droners in there "levelingarea" :rolleyes: they can shove there exploited LE safespotter mc5's where the sun dont shine ... atleast i know what energy my DS's costed and i will do it again if needed, the normal way of camping that spot for hours to go (wich isnt that bad cause ya get nice plasmafilled dreams after a night of mc5ing)

Capt. Rik
17-05-05, 16:24
And use what drone to hunt in there?
I have a droner but i've never taken him to mc5 yet as the last time i was in mc5 it had the glass still and everytime i launched a drone it got blown up after 2 shots...

[ edited ]

Stealth 3 for running in and looting

Terra got flooded with MC5 parts from droners camping the place 24/7

It's one of those issues that I think the Community strongly wants fixed

Original monk
17-05-05, 16:29
It's one of those issues that I think the Community strongly wants fixed

nah .. to late for that .. make mc5 storebought for all i care lol

we need sumthing new (sumthing that LEdroners cant exploit to pieces) .. lately i prefer hunting ultima's and illegals ... even wocdisks tough it can get kinda boring

CMaster
17-05-05, 16:32
Yeah, make more INTERESTING high lvel hunting spots please. DoY tunnels and Tescom Worm tunnels are pretty good and chaos caves arent that bad. But make some stuff that is fund and VARIED.

enigma_b17
17-05-05, 16:56
Yeah, make more INTERESTING high lvel hunting spots please. DoY tunnels and Tescom Worm tunnels are pretty good and chaos caves arent that bad. But make some stuff that is fund and VARIED.

DoY Tunnels are grand up to level 3
Worm Tunnels are just way too annoying, being slapped around every which way and getting shocked to a point of barely being able to move :P

need more places near nc really, 120/120 droms, and 120/120 aggressors and stuff :D

Bugs Gunny
17-05-05, 16:58
Take an aoeing tank and ppu into the tsunami and crahn hq's in pp. Loads of 120 mobs and great xp. Too bad they don't drop parts or loot.

Digital-Talios
17-05-05, 17:07
Huntin at crahn locations sounds good. too bad you couldnt get missions from a city com to do that.

maybe that what regents legacy will be... a high leveling area with high ranked mutants...

Original monk
17-05-05, 17:25
im still thinking of a spidercave (like the chaoscaves but then 100/100 spider spawning 80/80 and 70/70 spiders) with at the end the impressive spiderking or spiderqueen, with fangs the size of a player and poison with the power of chaosqueen fire :)

somewhere around simmons maybe ? or around crest village ?

also i wouldnt mind a new kind of bot/mob .. dropping sumthing unique like the kamikazebots used to drop .. only this bot wouldnt spawn in a "spawn pattern" for a small amount of time .. they would always run around freely in a few determined zones ... why determined ? so its huntable witouth lookin for a needle in a .. blabla .. and so the noobs know they better cant enter said zones ... it should be 2 times as big as a juggernaut and 127/127 rank .. it should have the speed about 2 to 4 times a spiderbot has and the same range as a spiderbot... a REALLY DANGEROUS bot/mob yes ... ppukiller if you like .. but if you DO drop em ... loot should be worth it (cpr anyone ? commin from the mobs stomach .. he eats copbots for lunch)

edit: this idea is stolen from PE where you have aranaetrox/warlock #7 and hoglo's running around freely .. you dont wonna meet those cause they do 10x the damage and are 5 times as fast as a player .. specialized huntingteams/ decoys are advised :)

Cyphor
17-05-05, 18:35
[ edited ]

I understand the second part of the point as afaik thats exploiting and its up for kk to prevent it from happening. But what does the character having an le have to do with it? Yes you can't kill them to horde mc5 for yourself but a tank/apu ppu team with les in would be the same, if they're exploiting take a screenie and send it to kk, otherwise let them play the game :angel: , the only reason they have there les in anyway is because if they dont they'll get ganked every 5 mins :rolleyes:

Tostino
17-05-05, 18:36
The best way to fix the LE droner in MC5 is to remove the LE!! :eek:

Nullvoid
17-05-05, 18:43
since mc5 is the facility where le's are implanted and ur carted off to your new life post cerebral re-programming, why not make it so runners cannot return there with their LE still implanted? Would that be so hard to achieve? Have special turrets that are triggered the second an LE'd runner appears(or they get fired on by non le runners)...

Original monk
17-05-05, 19:09
I understand the second part of the point as afaik thats exploiting and its up for kk to prevent it from happening. But what does the character having an le have to do with it? Yes you can't kill them to horde mc5 for yourself but a tank/apu ppu team with les in would be the same, if they're exploiting take a screenie and send it to kk, otherwise let them play the game :angel: , the only reason they have there les in anyway is because if they dont they'll get ganked every 5 mins :rolleyes:

indeed ... a droner itself in mc5 is an exploiter .. LE or not ... simple

its yust when there non LE there less of a problem cause they die kinda quick yes ...

there is no reason for a droner to be there unless he is exploiting the place, harvesting parts ... hey he doesnt die and neither do he's drones so ... he doesnt even have to heal up lol

edit: i think i gonna shut up about this subject, it always turns into a soap opera in general and i get mad of the problem anyway ...

they ruin long hard work with there "dronetricks" as they call em emselves, probably the few ledroners shittalking in there got me so far :/

not all droners are bad, i think its fun the rigging :) i yust made one you see ... but there's nothing to do in mc5 as a droner

over and out

virgil caine
17-05-05, 19:27
indeed ... a droner itself in mc5 is an exploiter .. LE or not ... simple

its yust when there non LE there less of a problem cause they die kinda quick yes ...

there is no reason for a droner to be there unless he is exploiting the place, harvesting parts ... hey he doesnt die and neither do he's drones so ... he doesnt even have to heal up lol

That is simply untrue...nothing else to say

Digital-Talios
17-05-05, 19:31
if somene is playing the game the way the desingers intended how is it exploiting?

Tostino
17-05-05, 19:38
if somene is playing the game the way the desingers intended how is it exploiting?
[ edited ]

Original monk
17-05-05, 19:43
this discussion is pointless, like previous

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=122273&page=4&highlight=drones

i didnt wonna interfere with youre patch post toiletduck, i better shut it :/

Digital-Talios
17-05-05, 19:52
[ edited ]

are you talking about the drone or the droner?

virgil caine
17-05-05, 19:55
I would expect this is dangerously close to discussing a specific exploit ...perhaps we need to stop.

zii
17-05-05, 20:02
The best way to fix the LE droner in MC5 is to remove the LE!! :eek:

Oh yes. I almost came. LE removal would solve a lot of our problems.

Toxen
17-05-05, 22:57
Removing the LE would also add a heck loada problems for you and trust me it would... if your for removing the LE we may as well go the whole hog and get perma death introduced into the game huh... not so willing now..

Yes Droners are known to exploit mc5, yes the GM's know about this, Yes the Dev's know about this yet nothings been done to directly prevent it.

But look at the fact 1-2 shots in MC5 will drop a drone and with the rate of fire of mc5 guards most drones in line of sight of an mc5 guard and gettin agro will go boom. And why shouldn't droners goto mc5 there as much a combat class as any. The fact is that for droners to play fair in MC5 it would be hugey unbalanced All the other classes can be buffed and healed as they fight Drones have a crappy little inflight repair which prevents them from doing anything, Tanks using aoe at MC5 could also be construde as exploiting as well as they are gettin a Con Boost from firing at the wall all the time (try doing that without a ppu healing u while your letting a malediction go off in your face you'll soon find it alot tougher) to sort this would require either major upping of drone armour (which will just lead to tonnes of people complaining about gettin ganked by droners in pvp and that drones are too hard to defeat with there small hitbox and amazing armour) or nerf the MC5 damage which means people will be there all the time taking down the commander in a few minutes and flooding the market with MC5 parts plus it would still be far easier for Tank with a ppu strapon. What would be marginally funny and a far faster solution to this would be to swap out MC5 weapons for aoe version's MC5's would become really rare then.

But overall the issue is not the droners its the issue that the droners highlight MC5 needs to be redesigned from the ground up. Heck you can even make it into a storyline event nuke it take it out of the game for a couple of months Come back with something for every class and perhaps even something that can involve vechials aswell. Taking it out of the cycle for a couple of months would probably reset the MC5 market aswell.

Nidhogg
17-05-05, 23:50
Please do not continue the exploit discussion.

N

nobby
18-05-05, 08:31
...But they're not discussing exploits, just droners :p

Tostino
18-05-05, 18:07
Removing the LE would also add a heck loada problems for you and trust me it would... if your for removing the LE we may as well go the whole hog and get perma death introduced into the game huh... not so willing now..
What are you on about? I don't see what removing the LE would do other then make the little PvM junkies be able to die if they are in the way. It's not that hard to avoid PvP even without a LE so if they don't like it they can stay out of they way ;). Or maybe they could just make it so the LE stays in untill your rank 35-40 and then it pops breaks and can no longer put back in (so the complete noobs dont get ganked all the time).

Toxen
18-05-05, 18:17
Not so hard to avoid PvP... you friggen living in a box dude there are some days you can't even leave your apt in the city without gettin your ass ganked by some twat. And im sure FF/Dark/Paradox would gripe cus they'd no longer have their LE'ed alts to go buy stuff or sit at ops playing scout for them or blocking tanks using aoe.

Tostino
18-05-05, 18:21
Paradox have LEd alts :confused:. News to me. Everyone in the clan has their LE out or is under rank /30 and still lvling.

Toxen
18-05-05, 18:44
Nid can we get a response on this, would a tank firing aoe at ground or wall and damaging him/herself indirectly, would be considered violation of the Rules of conduct.

Bugs Gunny
18-05-05, 18:48
Paradox have LEd alts :confused:. News to me. Everyone in the clan has their LE out or is under rank /30 and still lvling.

Imper res to name just one :-)
And there's a lot more....

Dr Strange
21-05-05, 10:29
This isn't about International Release, so it does not belong there. And yes I've kept up with that thread so the occasional "i'll look into it, i'll check on that" PR statement isn't an answer.

International Release has happened. There's a thread to discuss that specifically. For now, we'll just say it's happened. It's in box form, in lots of European stores.

E3 is now over, with a subterranian showing of Neocron2, at Alchemis Dream's booth of all places. No representation of NC2 by KK there, nor their distributor Atari.

From what you can gather via simply logging in and patching to #132 we've gotten about half the stuff we were supposed to for I.R. ; the newbie content, some high level content, and one major feature that being item tracking.

Neocron 2 was scheduled to be released in quarter 1 of 2005. The last day of this was March 25th 2005, today is May 21st 2005 so a little under 2 months past the deadline I.R happend. Fair enough, understandable. But we're still at 50% of the content promissed from I.R.

If you keep up with the I.R. thread, you know Nid and others have said the code for item tracking and such is ingame just not implemented. Again fair enough. But when?

We waited 2 months, dealt with that.

We got half of the stuff, upfront before I.R., dealt with that (cool, buggy, but cool).

Still waiting on one of the most major features to come in, ok..

We got a nice Content discussion/Q&A with the devs, a proposed Game Engine discussion/Q&A (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124401) was brought up and aside from the general PR comment "i'll check in on that" we've yet to hear of anything. Now some say I.R. takes precedent over this, I invite you to consider;

The magazine review scores that we've seen that have been fair and just

The fact that I.R. happened and its just a matter of time before that new player installs, creates a character and fatals/bad synchs into the MC5 newbie area and uninstalls...

So I'd consider that an issue

We asked about E3 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124629) and aside from finding out 10tacle had a booth and obviously so did Atari, there was no official showing. Some will point this out as a good thing since NC2 honestly isn't at it's best, with that I point to "bad" tv shows. Many tv shows that have been prematurely cancelled or about to be have turned around thanks to strong advertisment and DVD sales (firefly, dave chappelle show, etc). So even bad publicity could at least spark peoples interest into NC2s potential.

Now you're thinking why am I pointing out all these obvious points we've seen over the last 2 weeks or so?

Where's the patch? Not "the" patch, just a patch ingeneral to get the game in the right direction? We know the small dev team is doing their best, but at this point they've fallen off the conveyor belt of fixing and content, to the point that they are very far behind. While they are busy trying to catch up more and more new games in the same and/or similar genres are popping up especially with E3 this week (TW, TR, etc). So while we wonder when the next patch is, we wonder when is the ball going to start rolling to get back on track?

(and in case this is locked, deleted or I get a nice User Banned title for my avatar again, its an issue of mobs considering this trolling when it is not and of course those that seek the truth can see this oppresion for what it is. if thats not the case then continue reading and discussing ;) )

Xylaz
21-05-05, 11:22
yes, its obviously trolling ;)

Everyone knows that KK is working hard and does whatever it takes to satisfy their customers!!!

Right now they are working on uhm... sumthin... (i'm sure some KK people can give you the "right" answer) sumthin like nc3, or some new uber patch, or even item tracking (yeah, KKep the faith ! ) So you need to have a LITTLE MORE patience!
2 months only? make it 2 years! I think KK will agree with me that within next 2 years something will change within NC2, there will be patches, add-ons, new pricing etc...

Just wait... and pay... and wait... and pay a little more... and wait... and pay...

/edit/
or just shut up and accept the fact that the only thing which is going to change about NC will be the monthly price.
You can play bugged and unfinished game and thats all (the game is still playable and, sometimes, quite enjoyable, though), or you can wait till the end of the NC project hoping in vain for the reliability of scammers.

bleh

Monolithic
21-05-05, 12:56
Or you can do what I did - give my account to my mate with a cry of "Take that ya Bas!" - and go play Puzzle Pirates until its all fixed :D

Nidhogg
21-05-05, 14:29
The simple fact is that the nature of a game like this means that you will always, always be chasing the next patch. The only question is whether you do it the usual way "When's the next patch?" or whether you make a song and dance of it "I know this thread's going to get locked, me banned and my house burned to the ground but when's the next patch?"

I don't know when the next patch will be but I know it will come. Then sometime later there'll be the next one, and the next one, and the one after that.

N

Jesterthegreat
21-05-05, 14:32
alot of people kinda expected the IR release patch to be... ya know... at least close to the actual int release...

Nullvoid
21-05-05, 14:41
What kind of priority is given to bugs such as:

-Your inventory messing up resulting in loss of items, or trying to poke armour or such other fun things.

-Having to log in about 5 times before you get your proper inv/stats/no permasync.

-FRE's when doing such random things as entering an appartment, moving things about your inventory, firing a weapon, trying to type a message to someone.

Don't get me wrong, I think item-tracking is a great feature to have, but it's things such as those above that drive new and old players away. Letting them remain in the game through patch after patch is just...well, words elude me.

Jesterthegreat
21-05-05, 14:47
Don't get me wrong, I think item-tracking is a great feature to have, but it's things such as those above that drive new and old players away. Letting them remain in the game through patch after patch is just...well, words elude me.

i imagine that if they had the slightest clue how to fix them they would :p

Nidhogg
21-05-05, 15:01
Threads merged.

N

Darkana
21-05-05, 15:08
Having played AO I stumbled over a number of really weird bugs (and other "features") there, too. Imagine you trade an item, you look in your inventory, and you don't see it there!? Zoning brings it back though. They do have a strange item-mismatch-bug, too. But, they have item-tracking for the last 24 hours or something like this. Means, if something get lost (e.g. I lost 2 backpacks during a patch :wtf: ) and you petition about it in time, they can check the logs and get your stuff back.

imper1um
21-05-05, 17:16
[ edited ]

Toilet-Duck
21-05-05, 17:20
[ edited ]

Dr Strange
21-05-05, 22:31
The simple fact is that the nature of a game like this means that you will always, always be chasing the next patch. The only question is whether you do it the usual way "When's the next patch?" or whether you make a song and dance of it "I know this thread's going to get locked, me banned and my house burned to the ground but when's the next patch?"

I don't know when the next patch will be but I know it will come. Then sometime later there'll be the next one, and the next one, and the one after that.

N

Except the fact that usually we're waiting 2-3, sometimes 4 months between patches.

which is totally unacceptable

Nidhogg
21-05-05, 23:04
Except the fact that usually we're waiting 2-3, sometimes 4 months between patches.

which is totally unacceptable
The first patch for Neocron 2 (patch 105) was released on Sept 30th, 2004 with the most recent (patch 131/132) being on May 4th this year. In that time we've had 17 separate patch releases spread over 216 days (some were multiples and hotfixes which explains why 132-105 > 17). That makes an average patch duration of 12 days. The longest interval between any two patches was 57 days between patch 125 and 126 which is less than 2 months so I have no idea where you get 4 months from. Please at least have some semblence of the facts before making your case.

N

Dr Strange
21-05-05, 23:35
The first patch for Neocron 2 (patch 105) was released on Sept 30th, 2004 with the most recent (patch 131/132) being on May 4th this year. In that time we've had 17 separate patch releases spread over 216 days (some were multiples and hotfixes which explains why 132-105 > 17). That makes an average patch duration of 12 days. The longest interval between any two patches was 57 days between patch 125 and 126 which is less than 2 months so I have no idea where you get 4 months from. Please at least have some semblence of the facts before making your case.

N

I don't count little mini patches like hotfixing things as a "patch".

Averaging time together may seem to brighten the light on KK's side but hey, if I average in my time played between Sept 04 and now I can claim I've played as much Neocron as Alpha play testers!

The "average" time is 2+ months for a patch. Hell anything over a month is unacceptable.

Wheres the fixes for fatal run time errors? Next patch? 20 patches down the road?

Wheres "insert X techinical flaw thats been here but not fixed" fixes?

As covered, less time needs to be spent on newbie stuff and more time spent on getting the game to be stable.

Nidhogg
21-05-05, 23:40
The "average" time is 2+ months for a patch.
Wow, even when faced with the evidence that there has never been a delay of 2 months between patches you still try to bullshit us? I'm going to consider any more to be trolling, which is precisely what it is.

N

/edit - if I was really trying to make things look rosier than they really were then I would have counted all the multiples which would have brought the interval down to a patch almost every week (8 days).

Toxen
22-05-05, 01:11
Nid this is a serious question when was the last time you played the game for at least a time period longer than a week close together, just wondering?

Dr Strange
22-05-05, 01:21
Wow, even when faced with the evidence that there has never been a delay of 2 months between patches you still try to bullshit us? I'm going to consider any more to be trolling, which is precisely what it is.

N

/edit - if I was really trying to make things look rosier than they really were then I would have counted all the multiples which would have brought the interval down to a patch almost every week (8 days).

You yourself stated that at least once, there was a 57 day delay

Now, unless you REALLY wanna get down to specific days, 57 days = 2 months minus like 3 days

AND, when you add in the fact that after say the 3 week mark most people tend to just round that up to a full month, there have been more than one occasion than 2 months

You do realize Nid this game is going to implode on itself? It's getting to the point that we cant say ANYTHING with it be construed as being "trolling" or "spam". Anytime someone points out the OBVIOUS FLAWS this game has and how they are left unchecked time and time again it's immediately labeled trolling, and edited so others can't see it.

Odin
22-05-05, 01:33
You do realize Nid this game is going to implode on itself? It's getting to the point that we cant say ANYTHING with it be construed as being "trolling" or "spam". Anytime someone points out the OBVIOUS FLAWS this game has and how they are left unchecked time and time again it's immediately labeled trolling, and edited so others can't see it.

It is when all you do is bitch and moan and exaggerate. Plenty of people have been able to be constructive. You have not.

Nidhogg
22-05-05, 01:36
It's getting to the point that we cant say ANYTHING with it be construed as being "trolling" or "spam".Would you rather I called it a lie? I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate at using that accusation in the other direction and I've already given you the proof. I won't call it a lie though because I realise that you didn't intentionally set out to deceive - you did however set out to troll.

Let me explain this again because you just don't seem capable of understanding it. You stated that it's between 2 and 4 months between patches with the average being more than 2 months. I've said that the longest time ever between patches was less than two months and the average (not the average you invented to make things sound worse than they were but the real mathematical average) was 12 days.

That information is fact and you can claim whatever you like but it won't change that fact, neither will the amount of time I play make any difference.

Next time think before posting bad arguments, or at the very least choose something that's subjective and less easy to prove plain wrong.

N

Dr Strange
22-05-05, 01:41
[ edited ]

Brammers
22-05-05, 01:48
Well one fact that about the rate of patches, is that the rate of patches has slowed down...

...Since Holger has not posted for so long I am wondering what's KK plans for NC2 is next.

Odin
22-05-05, 01:51
Well one fact that about the rate of patches, is that the rate of patches has slowed down...

...Since Holger has not posted for so long I am wondering what's KK plans for NC2 is next.

There was a slow down for the international release but things should be back to normal soon. See what I can do about getting a .plan done (no promises but I will see).

Toxen
22-05-05, 03:31
W00t! gooooo Odin

IceStorm
22-05-05, 03:44
-Your inventory messing up resulting in loss of items, or trying to poke armour or such other fun things.Relog whenever you die. When you log in to play, verify that your GG, inventory, QB, and cash are as you left them. If anything's missing, relog until it isn't.
-Having to log in about 5 times before you get your proper inv/stats/no permasync.If you have to do this often, you shouldn't be playing. You're either too far away from the servers, hop-wise or your system has a "problem" with NC. Find another mmo.
-FRE's when doing such random things as entering an appartment, moving things about your inventory, firing a weapon, trying to type a message to someone.Inventory movement causing FREs is normal. They never did "fix" that bug 100%. Zoning causing an FRE is normal. FREing while in CityComm is normal. The weapon thing I've never experienced, other than the usually FRE-for-no-reason while in combat.
Don't get me wrong, I think item-tracking is a great feature to have, but it's things such as those above that drive new and old players away.Item Tracking will hopefully alieviate the incorrect-item-on-death problem, or at least provide a way to get back items that "disappear" during such events.

For the rest? My guess is that it's a network issue of some sort. I rarely have to relog five times to get my inventory in order, and I play on a DSL line that regularly torrents and supports my second connection. I'm only 11 hops from the server, though.

It's the game. There's something that causes it to FRE. No one knows, I doubt they'll ever know, so you either like NC enough to live with it or you move on to other choices. If you don't like it, just quit playing. They're not going to fix it.

solling
22-05-05, 04:01
well i havent even noticed that int release have been out no advertising anywhere and nc2 is no where to be found its like what happened at int release in nc1 just without the massive amount of people :(

plz kk do something and kick someones ass and get the game outthere

Mr Friendly
22-05-05, 05:14
currently i do believe they're getting done a new (secondary) rpos among other things, but thats all i know.

Xylaz
22-05-05, 10:08
Relog whenever you die. When you log in to play, verify that your GG, inventory, QB, and cash are as you left them. If anything's missing, relog until it isn't.

yeah they should include this in their manual

If you have to do this often, you shouldn't be playing. You're either too far away from the servers, hop-wise or your system has a "problem" with NC.
good solution = not playing then.

I'm like 250 km from KK servers (3 hops) and i have to relog AT LEAST 2 times to be able to get out of perma sync, each time i enter the game, or just relog upon crashing or switching char or anything. I dont remember i could actually relog properly at all, though with nc1 it was little easier, 2-3 relogs were max, while now it requires 15-30 mins of relogging sometimes.

Find another mmo.
Inventory movement causing FREs is normal. They never did "fix" that bug 100%. Zoning causing an FRE is normal. FREing while in CityComm is normal.
another good solution.

For the rest? My guess is that it's a network issue of some sort.
aye, pretty badly written netcode, obviously

Dr Strange
22-05-05, 11:12
IceStorm

thank you so much

seriously, thank you

that post has to be the funniest thing ive ever read to the point its got me in tears

You honestly believe, if you get obvious bug problems that every single player in this game experiences, you should stop playing as the solution? I mean, damn man.

In other games when theres a proven network error (50/50 synchs for example) I've never, ever, seen anyone try to say or allude to it being a problem on your end cause "you're too far away" "get a better system" or "quit playing".

cheers man, i really needed a good laugh (no this isnt trolling, im sincere dude made me laugh)

Nullvoid
22-05-05, 14:09
Icestorm, you're missing the point m8. I do all the things you mentioned(barring stop playing), but I shouldn't have to. Having seen NC in its open beta form, I was blown away by the sheer potential(and fun) of it and have been willing to put up with whatever hassles it throws my way. If I was coming to the game in the state it was now however...would I be so tolerant? A new player might not even recognise the signs that their inv is bugged before it is too late. How many FRE's during their trial period will they be willing to put up with?

My only hope is that the item database in its older form was the source of many of the stability issues and once it gets a full revamp, many bugs will be resolved.

Rabiator
22-05-05, 14:27
IceStorm
You honestly believe, if you get obvious bug problems that every single player in this game experiences, you should stop playing as the solution? I mean, damn man.

Unfortunately, it might take exactly that to wake KK up :(. Assuming they are still capable of fixing the problems and ready to invest in the programmer's time.
Personally, I consider NC fun but its technical reliability barely acceptable. So I'm quite willing to jump ship if someone else does the same kind of MMORPG with higher quality.

Jesterthegreat
22-05-05, 14:44
hmm...

so what would happen if everyone who had a problem or a bug quit the game...

IceStorm
22-05-05, 14:54
I'm like 250 km from KK servers (3 hops) and i have to relog AT LEAST 2 times to be able to get out of perma sync, each time i enter the game, or just relog upon crashing or switching char or anything.Do you wait at least 30 seconds between account switches? Do you wait at least 15 to 20 seconds between character switches? That's the minimum amount of time required to swap accounts/chars.

Do you remember to swap chars when you get a black sync screen after a couple of attempts made once the waiting period expires? That's another "fix" the problem.
yeah they should include this in their manualIf it was a constant problem, they probably would. It isn't, unfortunately.
aye, pretty badly written netcode, obviouslyNo, it isn't. If it was, my 110-120ms, 11 hop connection should be having a lot more problems than yours. It isn't, and I play on one DSL line using two machines across four accounts the majority of the time I'm logged in, rotating between each account on each machine multiple times per login session. I rarely hit a permasync issue, and when I do logging to another char on the same account clears the problem.
You honestly believe, if you get obvious bug problems that every single player in this game experiences, you should stop playing as the solution? I mean, damn man.I don't know about you, but I play the game to have fun. If someone is not having fun because of chronic login problems, I don't see why they would continue to play. This game relies on reloging to clear a number of problems - spawns not "dying" where they show up dead, inventory issues, zoning problems, driving problems, etc. If one can't relog reliabily, why is the person playing?
Icestorm, you're missing the point m8. I do all the things you mentioned(barring stop playing), but I shouldn't have to.I'm not missing the point, you are. You have to do those things to play the game, for whatever the reason may be. Sure it's not documented in the manual, but MMO manuals are a joke anyway. This isn't a perfect world. Neocron is not a perfectly-coded MMO.
How many FRE's during their trial period will they be willing to put up with?That's an individual issue. FREs are part of the game, I'll agree, but the degree to which each person experiences them varies widely. I do not have the constant FRE issue that others seem to. Because your experiences with NC tend to result in crashes does not mean another's will.
My only hope is that the item database in its older form was the source of many of the stability issues and once it gets a full revamp, many bugs will be resolved.Unless they've changed their tactic, the item tracking system is a standlone entity that monitors the main database. Any database "revamp" that took place was done during the transition from NC1 to NC2.
In other games when theres a proven network error (50/50 synchs for example) I've never, ever, seen anyone try to say or allude to it being a problem on your end cause "you're too far away" "get a better system" or "quit playing".Unless I missed something, most other MMOs of this versatility/size have a coding team that can't be counted on one hand. Neocron's codebase is maintained by a very small number of people. I doubt anyone has time in-house to test the multitude of system configurations out there. Witness the Windows XP SP2 driving bug that only some people have.

Anyone who has been playing NC2 for a while can tell that NC2 is not well tested with respect to hardware platforms or varying network conditions. How long did it take for them to get ATI cards over there at KK HQ?
so what would happen if everyone who had a problem or a bug quit the game...But that's not what I'm saying. It's a personal threshold. If you can't put up with it, don't. Nagging KK to fix chronic issues that have been around since at least Beta 4 if not earlier is not going to change anything. Thjey can't magically, overnight, fix this problem. Don't you think they would have if they could?

Jesterthegreat
22-05-05, 14:57
look ice... i dont know what GM you are, but since kk themselves admit the netcode is shoddy (nid jumps at the chance to point out how different it is to any other mmo, which i totally agree... more calculations etc), i think its time you yourself admitted it.

you are saying there are strange ways that the community has found to get around bugs, so its all ok. has it come to the point where we believe this "bug-fixing lore" more than we want actual fixes?

IceStorm
22-05-05, 15:06
kk themselves admit the netcode is shoddyWhere has KK said it's shoddy?
(nid jumps at the chance to point out how different it is to any other mmo, which i totally agree... more calculations etc), i think its time you yourself admitted it.Except I don't have the horriffic issues that others do, so from my point of view there's nothing wrong with the netcode. There hasn't been for the past three and a half years.
you are saying there are strange ways that the community has found to get around bugs, so its all ok.I'm saying in the past three and a half years, KK hasn't fixed the problem. If they could fix it, you'd think they would have by now. Apparently, with the resource at their disposal, they can't fix the problem.
has it come to the point where we believe this "bug-fixing lore" more than we want actual fixes?Personally, I have more of an issue with the XP SP2/rubber banding when driving issue than I do with the netcode, assuming the two aren't related.

Rabiator
22-05-05, 15:13
hmm...

so what would happen if everyone who had a problem or a bug quit the game...

Simple: NC would die. Because at least 80% (my guess) of the current players must be somewhat annoyed by the existing bugs.

And I do expect this to happen when something better comes along. Remember the excitement on the forums before the FOMK open beta? People really hoped for an improvement elsewhere. But then FOMK failed to deliver on the gameplay side, and NC remained the more attractive game.
Of course, that might not last. Right now, I guess KK has maybe one year left before the next challengers appear, Fallen Earth and Twilight War. We'll see if they do better than FOMK.

Nidhogg
22-05-05, 15:26
look ice... i dont know what GM you are, but since kk themselves admit the netcode is shoddy
This thread just keeps getting better and better. If I see any more trolling (what's up, "fanboy" not good enough any more?) or bullshit accusations I'm going to close the thread and then think about further action.

Have you any idea what a newbie is going to think when he sees someone conflidently proclaiming that we think our own software is crap when the truth is the opposite? This is this thread's final warning, and think a damn sight more carefully before posting something like that again.

N

Jesterthegreat
22-05-05, 15:49
Yeah, because none of the other games like Neocron have any problems with their netcode. But wait! No one else has a game like Neocron. ;)

MMORPGs, much like any other network application, typically have two main constraints; bandwidth and latency. It has to push a lot of data in a lot of directions in very little time. Neocron, unlike traditional MMORPGs has to cope with all the problems associated with FPS's (rapid entity movement updates, collision events, state changes etc. etc.) Also, unlike traditional FPS's Neocron has to cope with all the problems associated with MMORPGs (persistent world, dynamic maps, lots of players, skill/stat calculations etc. etc.) In the circumstances, considering people can play on 56k modems and from anywhere in the world, Neocron's netcode does a bloody good job. Don't write it off so quickly - I know people take it as a given that the netcode is poor but that just illustrates that people do not appreciate the scale of the problem.

N

you don't directly call the netcode a problem... but you say people "do not appreciate the scale of the problem"

now... note. no flames, not even an opinion... just a direct quote.

IceStorm
22-05-05, 15:58
but you say people "do not appreciate the scale of the problem"Because he's right, you don't appreciate the scale of the problem.

When you have an "issue with the netcode", the problem could be the netcode, it could be the back-end processing, it could be somewhere in-between. It could also be your ISP, their ISP, or a link in the path dropping packets. You may or may not have dealt with many GSPs, but they don't all have the same maintenance windows and they don't all gracefully route around hardware they're working on.

Just seeing latency and pointing to the netcode is a very simplistic way of looking at the problem.

Nidhogg
22-05-05, 16:02
Way to go to completely misunderstand my post! The "problem" does not refer to any particular weakness in the netcode software, it's a description of what the software has to solve, and if you read the rest of the post you'll see that the challenge is something that only Neocron attempts. That isn't a criticism of our software, just in case you want me to paint it in huge easy-to-read letters.

N

Toxen
22-05-05, 20:51
Nid please answer my earliest question, this is a serious question, when was the last time you played neocron for more than a week consecqulatively.

Nidhogg
22-05-05, 21:14
Nid please answer my earliest question, this is a serious question, when was the last time you played neocron for more than a week consecqulatively.
Do a forum search if you really want to know - it's no secret. It's not relevant to this discussion though..

Actually, come to think about it, the question posed by the thread starter has been answered; there's no date set for the next patch yet but it shouldn't be more than a week or two. Considering the thread's just turned into a vehicle for a small number of forum users to attempt to spread blatantly false information I'm going to close it.

N

Nidhogg
23-05-05, 11:31
Update time. The next patch should be released early this week, maybe even today some time (standard terms and conditions apply). I don't have the patch notes yet but it's rumoured to contain a mix of content and fixes.

N