PDA

View Full Version : Salvaging Rares

hegemonic
16-05-05, 19:00
I found out ingame that you can not salvage parts from constructed rares. I propose KK let us do this because it would be great for Recyclers ingame.

So it typically takes 6 rareparts to construct a Rare Weapon. With a high enough recycle, a Recycler should be able to salvage 5 of those parts, with less Recycle skill the salvager gets less parts.

Why would someone want this? Well if you have someone build you a Rare Weapon and it comes back with bad stats, you can rebuild the weapon (provided you find the missing rarepart(s) again).

Anyone else have any ideas on this? Modifications?

Thanks for listening.

TWOK
16-05-05, 19:09
Yeah, always liked this idea. But 5 parts is WAY too much, even with uber rec skill. I'd suggest 3 parts maximum.

Tostino
16-05-05, 19:15
I was thinking that if you have 140-150 recycle you should get 2 parts under what it takes to build it and 170-180 should get you 1 part under what it takes to construct the rare. five stars!

Digital-Talios
16-05-05, 19:19
it would be nice to get something of value from wrecked parts

enigma_b17
16-05-05, 19:35
definately a yes, brilliant idea, although been stated before its still brill. Should be implemented, although tbh ive never broken a rare to the point where it cant be repaired lol.

LiL T
16-05-05, 19:40
No Rares are meant to be rare there is easy enough to get, this would only make them as common as store bought.

Torg
16-05-05, 19:41
not really, i mean: no. there shouldn't be an undo function for misconstructed weapons. but there should be other uses for recycling.

Tostino
16-05-05, 19:43
No Rares are meant to be rare there is easy enough to get, this would only make them as common as store bought.
They are called Techs. Rares were a community name that was given to them.

LiL T
16-05-05, 19:49
But I'd really like to see non rares become more usefull, like the blacksun doing near to the same damage as the low tech earp. Blacksun is the high tech, high lvl non rare pistol, so it would make sence for it to hurt as much as the lowest lowtech rare pistol.

Toxen
16-05-05, 19:50
Good idea, But no more than half the techs are got back and only techs that correspond to the weapon they come from not randomly generating new ones, ie from a ravager you get ravager parts makes more sense logically.

I notice you shafted my city shaft o meter Talios (please be more orignal) :P

msdong
16-05-05, 19:51
i hate the idea of "rares" getting salvaged it just lead to elitism' where everything but a 3 slot rare get down the drain.

LiL T
16-05-05, 19:56
i hate the idea of "rares" getting salvaged it just lead to elitism' where everything but a 3 slot rare get down the drain.
Exactly :)

If you could do this you would be able to get that 4 - 5 slotter in a day with all nice stats etc. That would just make it boring if you could get everything you wanted, its already a bit too easy to get stuff like psi core's and SF chips or marine's.

enigma_b17
16-05-05, 20:00
personally i like the fact that rares arent hard to get, dont wanna spend weeks looking for one weapon.

LiL T
16-05-05, 20:03
If they made them less of a rare thing, then they could remove the safe slot ^^

Xaru
16-05-05, 20:31
Yes! But 5 of 6 is too much. 3 of 6 would be good as max. Maybe more depending on the weapons condition and the slotcount :) But even 1 or 2 techs from salvaging a rare sounds goot to me.

Regards
Xaru

Brammers
16-05-05, 20:59
Hmm...make it so it's about no more than 2 or 3, as everyone has been saying on here.

Scanner Darkly
16-05-05, 21:22
Voted yes, but as I'm sure someone would have said by now, only a few techs are recoverable from each rare weapon...

Digital-Talios
16-05-05, 21:33
they should be hard to get. not like recycling the parts over and over to raise dex/int points or recycling it to make that uber and elusive 10 slot Cursed Soul.

hegemonic
16-05-05, 21:37
Exactly.. after salvaging a Rare you would STILL have to go find the parts that didn't survive. This ensures that you can't just build, not like stats, salvage, rebuild. Rather, you'd build, not like stats, salvage, hunt/trade for more rareparts to complete the set, rebuild.

Oh.. and a Ravager salvaged would give Ravager parts, etc.. just for those who didn't catch that.

I don't believe this would make rares less rare. I do see it boosting the trade economy because people would be looking for rareparts more often to complete their incomplete set of salvaged parts.

TWOK
16-05-05, 22:04
I don't believe this would make rares less rare. I do see it boosting the trade economy because people would be looking for rareparts more often to complete their incomplete set of salvaged parts.

Exactly, it's not like getting techs is hard, but getting a complete set can takes a while sometimes.

-FN-
16-05-05, 23:16
A) Personally, I think that it should follow the rule of Researching meaning you need x2 the TL of the rare you're going to salvage to guarantee you get parts back. Lower than that will run the risk of getting less than the max # of parts or none at all.

B) The max # of parts you can get back should be # of Slots + 1. A 0-Slotter will give you a max of 1 part back, while a 5 slotter could give you all of them back.

C) Drones would be exempt and would give you weapon parts.

D) This would be great for the economy, popping up a new worth-while tradeskill and creating a way for the # of rare weapons in the market to have somewhat of it's own balance. At the moment, Rare Weapons are just added and added and added to the market. There are probably tons sitting in cabinets of most players. The current market & item system has no method in-place to remove these items and create any semblence of balance.

I'm 900% all for this :) *****

landofcake
16-05-05, 23:29
I voted no, but i like the idea.

Perhaps only if the weapon is new and unused (120/120), so if you break it, you have to get another 8)

Also, as others have said, 5 parts is probably too many. 3 or 4 with a MONSTER recycle skill sounds about right :cool:

It would actually give recyclers more of a use 8)

Xaru
16-05-05, 23:46
C) Drones would be exempt and would give you weapon parts.
Why that? I think drones should be like every other rare. Or do you have a special reason why you would exclude drones?

Regards
Xaru

Tostino
16-05-05, 23:52
Why that? I think drones should be like every other rare. Or do you have a special reason why you would exclude drones?

Regards
Xaru
Beacuse they don't take techs to construct. You can BP any drone and make it from weapon parts.

[TgR]KILLER
16-05-05, 23:54
and all this because i made him a 0 slot rav. i knew i shouldn't have done it without an op. normally always use an op to build rares..

sigh.. *reroles*

hegemonic
17-05-05, 03:28
KILLER']and all this because i made him a 0 slot rav. i knew i shouldn't have done it without an op. normally always use an op to build rares..

sigh.. *reroles*
OMGROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Killa --it wasn't caused by you! ROFL

This idea was an assumption by me when I bought a few 0slot pistol rares thinking I could just salvage them to get parts back and make a better pistol.

The 0slot Ravager was just when I LEARNED that you can't salvage rares.

Please leave Angela alone --she's a hottie and a good tradeskiller ---somethings that FA NEEDS!!!

eprodigy
17-05-05, 03:52
B) The max # of parts you can get back should be # of Slots + 1. A 0-Slotter will give you a max of 1 part back, while a 5 slotter could give you all of them back.but who would salvage a 5 slotter ;)

C) Drones would be exempt and would give you weapon parts.drones built from the techs would give techs, built from parts give parts ? cant the game tell, dont ones built from parts not have a swirly, or was that just a bug (never been a droner). not that it matters anyway though

ZoVoS
17-05-05, 03:57
when more woc weps are in game then yes, when the standard goes to weps like the ion crossbow i wont mind as much if rares are more common and well, un rare as they are now lol

wolfwood
17-05-05, 04:26
5 slot whoarge

sultana
17-05-05, 11:00
I was thinking that if you have 140-150 recycle you should get 2 parts under what it takes to build it and 170-180 should get you 1 part under what it takes to construct the rare. five stars!
I agree with something like this. Though instead of getting the techs of the weapon you constructed, you should get some completely random unressed techs.

Xaru
17-05-05, 11:41
I agree with something like this. Though instead of getting the techs of the weapon you constructed, you should get some completely random unressed techs.
Which would be totally illogical. Someone would have to come up with a very convincing story to support that :)

Xaru

sultana
17-05-05, 15:15
Which would be totally illogical. Someone would have to come up with a very convincing story to support that :)

Xaru
True but, it would also stop people running around with "uber" rares and such. Cause 5 out of 6 parts of one item is still quite a lot.

Xaru
17-05-05, 15:44
True but, it would also stop people running around with "uber" rares and such. Cause 5 out of 6 parts of one item is still quite a lot.
True, but most people here agreed that a maximum of 3 parts from salvaging would be enough. If it were more, your concern would be very realistic.

Regards
Xaru

hegemon
17-05-05, 16:27
Pointless. It took me 4 months from the day I started in Neocron to get enough rare parts to fully equip a ppu, apu, sniper, lowtech pistol PE, melee tank (I have 3 DG, 3 PoB and 3 dentist) and heavy tank. All on my own tradeskiller. All weapons have been built enough times to allow all the chars to cap them.

It's already too easy to get rare parts. There is no reason to make it easier. People are too obsessed with slots.

CMaster
17-05-05, 16:35
TECH parts. Lets face it - excluding a few like HC PEs and Blessed hybrids, everyone needs swirley weapons to really be viable in PvP. I don't see any point in adding pointless timesinks into before you can PvP. Techparting is already the thinest disguised timesink I can imagine, anyway.

ROZZER187
17-05-05, 21:02

not really, it would just mean more slotted weapons in circulation

ZoVoS
17-05-05, 23:25
i prefer un ressed random techs cos this would prefent re doing a weapon for slots over and over

Jesterthegreat
17-05-05, 23:59
Yeah, always liked this idea. But 5 parts is WAY too much, even with uber rec skill. I'd suggest 3 parts maximum.

ditto