PDA

View Full Version : Frustration & Irony

-FN-
13-05-05, 21:00
Frustration:
I logged in today to be greeted by the "Synchronizing/0 Cash/0 Soullight" bug (See first attached image (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8885&stc=1)). If I'm switching accounts, I can understand, yeah, maybe there's a lingering port connection and I'll have to wait a bit, but out of 10 logins, usually 1 or 2 are that bug and 1 or 2 are the "Can't Right-Click" bug. I was chuckling to myself when it happened, knowing that noobs are going to be running into this just as frequently as I do now with the International Release.

Irony:
I started a new character so I could take a Skill Window screenshot for nc.syn. While sitting in the MC5 processing center 2 more noobs showed up. Once ran off immediately and the other... well, just look at the second attached image (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8886&stc=1).

I know we vets get used to these shortcomings... but the poor new players :( *sigh*

On the bright side, props to NH Horus :) Saw him in the MC5 Facility Meeting & Greeting. Glad I was there to help the noob get to the second room, lol

enigma_b17
13-05-05, 21:06
i know the feeling fn, i get that every single time i log on a character.

Digital-Talios
13-05-05, 21:44
Ah I remember back in the day when i was a noob. My first sync error was like little concerned that i couldnt move or anything. i naturaly logged out and back in again. Didnt know it at the time that i would repeat that over and over through out my experience

zii
13-05-05, 22:27
I get o cash/0eqipp/0everything everytime I log on. I always have to relog when I first start the client.

Archy
13-05-05, 22:34
LOL @ the noob saying i cant move why does it says syncro , welcome to the wonderfull world of nc2

Archy
13-05-05, 22:35
Ah I remember back in the day when i was a noob. My first sync error was like little concerned that i couldnt move or anything. i naturaly logged out and back in again. Didnt know it at the time that i would repeat that over and over through out my experience

Yeah some people like me have no patience for those problems. The game might take less than 20 seconds to boot, and thats why most players are still suscribed probably. I cannot give money to a company that cant fix those problems, i just cant stand it anymore.

Dr Strange
14-05-05, 00:43
I've said it before and I'll say it now;

The "50/50" synchs, "Right Click" bugs and Fatal Runtime Errors will be the short death of Neocron 2.

It's in stores already (see Conduits thread).

As more and more newbies come in, they'll experience these bugs. I know for a fact if I was a new player like that, and got a game-stopping bug as soon as I started the god damn game, I'd uninstall the shit ASAP. And attempt to get a refund from whichever store I bought it from.

Granted in KK's defense they've released a nice newbie content patch and fixes for it, long time bugs that are critical to gameplay such as "50/50"'s have yet to be fixed. If anything the best we get is Nid or some other mod/admin/gm saying such bugs are the User's fault due to our connection or not having a good enough system.

Masentaja
14-05-05, 01:38
xD that 2nd attachment made me chuckle, poor noobie :/

But I never had big problems with syncho and other bugs when I'm loggin' to game, never knew why but I'm always been lucky with NC2

numb
14-05-05, 12:59
Every time I've made a new character for NC2, first thing I've had is the sync bug. I dont get it normally though :)

I gather though, quite a few new people will just try again, because they internet is hardly reliable 100% of the time - and on first impressions I'm sure people would blame that rather than a commercial game that's been out for ages.

enigma_b17
14-05-05, 14:29
i know the feeling, <--> this close to quitting at the moment....

Dribble Joy
14-05-05, 14:42
Do they still do the weekly server maintainance?