PDA

View Full Version : Where next?

Toxen
13-05-05, 20:09
Well people its hit the shelves the "international release" and hopefully we'll have an american release in a few months time but where do the players of NC2 think the game should go after this both story line and features wise. This is just a general post to pull idea's out the community and hopefully get some of the dev's and event gm's to take them on board, but fresh stuff only please no quibbles about item tracking, ppu balancing or player shops. Lets look to the future of NC.
Whats gonna happen next?

Jesterthegreat
13-05-05, 20:15
nc keeps getting raided... it started with mutants and i though "maybe a story line emerging" but the tunnel mobs... that just didnt make sense to me :p

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 20:18
Progression of the storyline is what I'd like to see (bug fixes etc. is of course desired). Regants, anything and everything.

nc keeps getting raided... it started with mutants and i though "maybe a story line emerging" but the tunnel mobs... that just didnt make sense to me :p
The tunnels were intended as a mean to deliver DoY forces further south, can't remember if they ever did though.

Toxen
13-05-05, 20:19
Expand detail people idea's idea's the more we say the more kk know's what people wants

enigma_b17
13-05-05, 20:20
those raids were just to keep the populus quiet while they were concentrating on preparing the international release content. Im not complaining, its understandable, I even attended a few of them, but it would be nice to see the story line advance alot more, after all it is an RPG.

Also after reading the NC2 Manual, why have the Fallen Angels been suddenly portraied as this evil organisation?

[TgR]KILLER
13-05-05, 20:32
Also after reading the NC2 Manual, why have the Fallen Angels been suddenly portraied as this evil organisation?

because they needed to trow us in with a side we had to switch to doy so they needed a reason for it.

Toilet-Duck
13-05-05, 20:34
Wheres the damn patch? Wasnt it supposto to get released BEFORE the internation release?

Archy
13-05-05, 20:42
how about fixing the bugs, memory leaks, and exploits that ruins this game ?

Digital-Talios
13-05-05, 21:51
I would love to see some events/missions that actually have an impact on the game. To allow the players an oppurtunity to decide our own destinies is something unkown in the MMORPG universe.

I would love to see more faction oriented missions. the move part a to destination q and back again are kinda boring. I like to see something like kill runner missions, kill NPC specific missions, etc. This would help in RP. Maybe allow faction leaders to make their own missions.

Where are our cigs? I would like to see more clothes custimation like sunglasses, trench coats, and other stuff of the like.

Unbugged vehicles would be a boon.

The possibility of leveling a character solely in Hacknet would be a boost.

An "honor system" would be nice. Like a good tradeskiller would get feedback to give him a rank. Sorta like the ebay feedback system.

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 22:00
how about fixing the bugs, memory leaks, and exploits that ruins this game ?
Debatably irrelevant to the discussion. This is about where NC as a game is going. Bug fixes are taken for granted.
Like those threads asking 'What do yu want in NC?', of course we want fixes first, but that's not the question.

I would love to see some events/missions that actually have an impact on the game. To allow the players an oppurtunity to decide our own destinies is something unkown in the MMORPG universe.
The problem is multiple servers and characters and one storyline.

An "honor system" would be nice. Like a good tradeskiller would get feedback to give him a rank. Sorta like the ebay feedback system.
Too open to abuse frankly.

Archy
13-05-05, 22:17
Debatably irrelevant to the discussion.

[ edited ]

A company that cant fix day 1 bugs/leaks/exploits doesnt deserve my money.

Toxen
13-05-05, 22:40
If you follow that philosophy why are you still here day ... what ever fricken day number it is now frankly im gettin tired of people going around saying their gonna leave and that kk doesn't deserve their money when they turn around and do absolutely the opposite, if you are that unhappy and you truely think kk doesn't deserve you money go an make a leaving thread for the sake of other peoples sanity. Now this thread is not for you to whine on it is for discussion of where people want the game to go next in terms of features and content that has not yet been announced bugfixes are a given.

Archy
13-05-05, 22:43
[ edited ]

Archy
13-05-05, 22:44
Oh man , and that city-o-shaft, so true... one of the million reasons im already unsubbed.

Toxen
13-05-05, 22:44
Please post a link to your leaving thread for the Mods please.

Archy
13-05-05, 22:46
learn to use forums

Tostino
13-05-05, 22:48
[ edited ]
Good, you were no use to the community anyways ;)

Toxen
13-05-05, 22:50
Hey nid I thought they implemented a policy of banning forums accounts once they posted a leaving thread.

Yup just found the threads pertaining to it
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119876
the link above is to the post by mods bout closing user accounts that make leaving threads.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=125198
and Archy's leaving thread any mods around that would care to oblige.

Archy
13-05-05, 22:53
what community ?

Archy
13-05-05, 22:55
lol , it's funny to see someone having a sig that deliberatly says how much were shafted, but licks moderator's ass to get people stating the truth banned ?

Tratos
13-05-05, 23:00
learn to use forums Archy for the fucking love of god take you own advice and use the bastard EDIT BUTTON :rolleyes:

EDIT: On Topic however, id like to see Regants Legacy to come into play and the old OP out there (Greycore)

Toxen
13-05-05, 23:00
Dude go use the forums you'll see that I've made numerous posts about how the cities getting shafted but I'll draw your attention to a few things, One people are obviously prepared to stand by KK rather than someone that says he's leaving only to hang around and whine,
This Post wasn't about bugs in the game it was about what new stuff people wanted both storyline and content wise,
You have no Idea how hard it is to debug someone elses code I mean they no longer have the original coding team in KK they are trying their best to get things sorted but it is an incredible hard job without taking the game appart and rebuilding it from the ground up which means they don't have time for new content.
Until you've experienced it yourself cut people some slack.

Archy
13-05-05, 23:01
what for ? you all know these threads will be wiped , deleted and then everyone will go back to theyre daily " holy blindfold exploits ingame "

Archy
13-05-05, 23:02
Dude go use the forums you'll see that I've made numerous posts about how the cities getting shafted but I'll draw your attention to a few things, One people are obviously prepared to stand by KK rather than someone that says he's leaving only to hang around and whine,
This Post wasn't about bugs in the game it was about what new stuff people wanted both storyline and content wise,
You have no Idea how hard it is to debug someone elses code I mean they no longer have the original coding team in KK they are trying their best to get things sorted but it is an incredible hard job without taking the game appart and rebuilding it from the ground up which means they don't have time for new content.
Until you've experienced it yourself cut people some slack.

They should have tought about that first

Toxen
13-05-05, 23:06
Dropping the age limit on NC may increase the player base but if its going to increase the number of players like archy I worry

james_finn
13-05-05, 23:08
thought about what first?

Im at uni, I write very small progammes to make things turn on and off, I can spend 5 hours looking at a program to find out why it isnt working, its not that simple. Also companies have staff turnovers, I think you'll find that the staff at KK are very loyal, how many other MMO's do you know where the staff talk to the community, and take onboard the communites ideas?

Geez give KK some slack man

Delphi

P.S. Edit post button is your friend.

Tostino
13-05-05, 23:09
Dropping the age limit on NC may increase the player base but if its going to increase the number of players like archy I worry
Yeah that was my first thought when I saw the NC2 box SS...

and take onboard the communites ideas?
Well maybe not aloways for the better but I agree that they atleast do look at the communitys ideas. Just look at the last patch, we had a thread about turning off OOC when you first install the game and they patched that in.

Archy
13-05-05, 23:13

I'm turning 23 years old May 21st thanks.

This game requires no skill whatsoever, people ingame are all ass lickers and leech off until theyre capped then they get butt plugged by PPU's and exploit the game in anyway they can. [ edited ]

I would so love to see you guys in a game like wwiionline that requires :

Knowledge on any unit/weapon
Situation awareness
Tactics and strategy
Aiming

Archy
13-05-05, 23:14
thought about what first?

Im at uni, I write very small progammes to make things turn on and off, I can spend 5 hours looking at a program to find out why it isnt working, its not that simple. Also companies have staff turnovers, I think you'll find that the staff at KK are very loyal, how many other MMO's do you know where the staff talk to the community, and take onboard the communites ideas?

Geez give KK some slack man

Delphi

P.S. Edit post button is your friend.

Gave kk a chance in nc1, they failed

Gave kk a chance in nc2 , they failed again

will i do the same mistake of giving them another chance IF They get to nc3 ? who knows lol

Archy
13-05-05, 23:15
Yeah that was my first thought when I saw the NC2 box SS...

Well maybe not aloways for the better but I agree that they atleast do look at the communitys ideas. Just look at the last patch, we had a thread about turning off OOC when you first install the game and they patched that in.

The community already acts like 12 years olds , you wont see a difference.

Oh wow, they turned OOC off ? that's a revolution.... sigh

Phlith
13-05-05, 23:18
[ edited ] You sit here and complain on the forums and in game. Do you think you are actually going to drive us away from the game by saying "kk sucks etc etc" ? Seriously, grow up and just leave if you dont like the game.. its that simple :rolleyes:

Tostino
13-05-05, 23:19
I'm turning 23 years old May 21st thanks.
Wow I feel bad for you. You must suck really bad at life :(

This game requires no skill whatsoever, people ingame are all ass lickers and leech off until theyre capped then they get butt plugged by PPU's and exploit the game in anyway they can. [ edited ]
You think that this game requires no skill :lol: :lol: :lol:. I'm sorry I just find that very funny. This game requires more skill then any of the other mmos such as DAoC, WoW, GW, L2, EVE, and many more, so you must have sucked very bad and not been able to kill anyone if you think this game requires no aim.

Archy
13-05-05, 23:21
For a 23 year old, you are a whiney little bitch. You sit here and complain on the forums and in game. Do you think you are actually going to drive us away from the game by saying "kk sucks etc etc" ? Seriously, grow up and just leave if you dont like the game.. its that simple :rolleyes:

Stick your head up your ass, KK does suck for simple reasons we saw in the past weeks, they gave noob stealths , then realised how stupid it was, but they gave PE's stealth ? might as well give stealth to everyone. That's one reason on a thousand why KK sucks. It's always hard for a fanboy to watch his favorite video game get bashed by people stating the truth, and people like you see that as whining. [ edited ]

Archy
13-05-05, 23:23
Wow I feel bad for you.

You think that this game requires no skill :lol: :lol: :lol:. I'm sorry I just find that very funny. This game requires more skill then any of the other mmos such as DAoC, WoW, GW, L2, EVE, and many more, so you must have sucked very bad and not been able to kill anyone if you think this game requires no aim.

In all the game ive played this game is the one that requires players that exploit the best they can, where the game is controlled by monks with auto-aim. YOu have never played DAOC, WOW, GW,L2 or EVE , i did and those game are all awefull too except DAOC and EVE. Go play world war 2 online you'll be amazed how it takes a brain to play it, that's why most of you are here you dont have the skills for a game that does require tactical/strategic/knowledge and real aiming skills, not this auto aim bullshit.

Tostino
13-05-05, 23:27
In all the game ive played this game is the one that requires players that exploit the best they can, where the game is controlled by monks with auto-aim. YOu have never played DAOC, WOW, GW,L2 or EVE , i did and those game are all awefull too except DAOC and EVE. Go play world war 2 online you'll be amazed how it takes a brain to play it, that's why most of you are here you dont have the skills for a game that does require tactical/strategic/knowledge and real aiming skills, not this auto aim bullshit.
Onoz!! auto aim for monks! Or not, You still have to aim as a monk, it is just easier then aiming somthing like a CS. It's not like you hit Tab then your atack keys.
Edit: Also get the fuck out of this thread. He was wanting constructive posts to improve the story of the game, and from what I have seen you are useless and a waste of space.

^^ I know how to use the "edit" button!!

Archy
13-05-05, 23:29
Onoz!! auto aim for monks! Or not, You still have to aim as a monk, it is just easier then aiming somthing like a CS. It's not like you hit Tab then your atack keys.

AUTO aiming is the word, ive seen monks exploiting the game enough. They can easily attack something thats behind walls , and they have huge range.

A mod came at mc5 once telling me i was exploiting the game for using AOE drones on commanders and i had lost at least 10 drones before he came, it's just plain sad, very very sad.

Tostino
13-05-05, 23:51
STOP! It's hammer time. :lol:
See you later Archy.

Archy
13-05-05, 23:52
yeah :)

Toxen
13-05-05, 23:52
Its a beautiful man :)

Archy
13-05-05, 23:55
[ edited ]

Color Me Plaid
14-05-05, 18:27
I wanna see aliens. And underwater stuff. And I wanna join the Regants faction. Damnit.

Pungent77
14-05-05, 19:53
[ edited ]
Nice way to ruin someone's legit thread topic.

how many chances does this guy get?? especially after taking stabs at the mods on another thread and the constant flames.................I would have been banned already.

Someone please take action. this guy is a morale killer :mad:

Back on topic---------------->I would love to see something happen with Regant's Legacy, I have been fascinated by it's appearance since day one.

Also maybe a gm controlled faction leader that would make an appearance at events. would be cool to see reeza whoop some enemy ass

Tratos
14-05-05, 19:54
Nice way to ruin someone's legit thread topic.

how many chances does this guy get?? especially after taking stabs at the mods on another thread and the constant flames.................I would have been banned already.

Someone please take action. this guy is a morale killer :mad:
His account has been de-activated as he posted a leaving thread, notice, no sig or user title...

Netphreak
14-05-05, 22:31
Well i'd like to see the outfitters working again.
The ability to choose the NC1 player models, maybe even the doy guardian models for tank chars.
And the option to use the NC1 HUD.
More crosshairs would be nice too.

Heavyporker
14-05-05, 22:34
Snow...

and aquatic stuff... you know.. like mobs, boats, islands.