PDA

View Full Version : The Reveler

Comie
13-05-05, 15:05
Its nice to see the sound bug with the vehicles was fixed and now i can hear the lovely vehicles in all their glory....

but the Revelers sound its shockingly bad... it sounds like something out of World of warcraft, with its uber gnomish engineering invention.

Gimme the roar of the rhino atleast for the Reveler... the noise made by this NC mainstay needs to go, its just too... bad

anyone else think this?

and there was something else... but i cant quite remember just woke up after my lunch break at work... mmm hours nap for the win

CMaster
13-05-05, 15:12
Yep, I really hate driving my reveller now....

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 15:23
It's all part of KK's secret ploy to kiddify NC.
First the nudity, then the namefilters, t
he swearing, then now the vehicles..... Trust, me come patch 133 the vehicles will all go "put put" and alienware ads will be replaced with barbie ads.

Sakletare
13-05-05, 15:26
Gimme the roar of the rhino atleast for the Reveler... the noise made by this NC mainstay needs to go, its just too... bad
Didn't you know? The Rhino sound is awful too now.

Comie
13-05-05, 15:28
Didn't you know? The Rhino sound is awful too now.

DEAR GOD NOOOoOoOooOoOooOoOoOoOOoOooOoooOOoOooooOoO
oOOoOoOOoOoOOoOooOoOOoooOoOOoOoOooooooOo *gasps* OOoOoOooOooOoOooOoooooOooOOOOOoOoOoOoooOoOoOooooOoOooOoooOo
ooOOOoOoO!!!

gimme the roar of the Rhino back too damn yu!

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 15:30
The rhino now sounds like a drunk snoring and twitching in between metal trashbins, while someone else is scratching a spoon on their metal braces......

Brammers
13-05-05, 15:55
@Bugs - Someone purchased their Rhino from Next, not Phoenix Ltd didn’t they?!? :D j/k

Back to the topic. I actually thought the Rhino sounded a lot better, it actually sounds like a tank, although hearing the sound of something squeaking, and needing some oil is a little off-putting. (Unless KK have the Rhino V2.1 Squeak-less model coming, or slotted keys and mods to add Anti-Squeaking to the key)

As for the Reveler, not sure on this one. I’ll give mine a drive again later, but I thought the new sound was ok.

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 16:00
I like the squeacks on the rhino but the engine now sounds like a blender.
Squeacks + roar = good.... squeacks + putput = cheap chinese rhino knockoff

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 16:01
It's all part of KK's secret ploy to kiddify NC.
First the nudity, then the namefilters, t
he swearing, then now the vehicles..... Trust, me come patch 133 the vehicles will all go "put put" and alienware ads will be replaced with barbie ads.
All of which is probably due to the fact that NC was far too much of a niche game for the new publishers, lower the age limit from 18 to 12 and you increase your potential player base 10 fold.

Sakletare
13-05-05, 16:02
I actually thought the Rhino sounded a lot better, it actually sounds like a tank, although hearing the sound of something squeaking, and needing some oil is a little off-putting.
The "main" engine sound is ok, even the squeaks are ok:ish. However, i get some kind of "secondary" engine sound that's really awful, it sounds like the speakers are broken. I can't stand it, it drives me nuts.

Toxen
13-05-05, 16:02
Cmon this is a Tank in the year 2700, if you go by history these should technically be hover tanks rather than tracked ones

Comie
13-05-05, 16:49
Cmon this is a Tank in the year 2700, if you go by history these should technically be hover tanks rather than tracked ones
2700 AFTER the world tried to commit sucide and after years of rebuilding...
Besides my mate in the NeXT RnD department told me that his brothers, wifes sister used to work with the guy who built the prototype...
and he got stuck trying to work out how to make a huge chunk of metal float, and decided that after watching some WW2 info disks basically stole the idea from there, and blagged the idea to his boss

Toxen
13-05-05, 17:08
Umm no I ment by history its in the official history of neocron that Hovertanks were used during the first war with the dome.

Comie
13-05-05, 17:18
oh well, right, i stand corrected... but let me tell yu why... my mate in the NeXT RnD department told me that his brothers, wifes sister used to work with the guy who built the prototype...
and he got stuck trying to work out how to make a huge chunk of metal float, and decided that after watching some WW2 info disks basically stole the idea from there, and blagged the idea to his boss

*shrugs* the best i can come up with mate
other than that, i agree with ya... maybe those super intellegent FA ppls let NC see the plans to build them, then snuck in in broad daylight wearing bright purple clothing and deleted the designs infront of all the guards and technitions while singing anti reeza songs loudly and giving everyone a running commentary of what theyre doing, but the city side ppls were just too stupid to stop them, as we all know according to the NC 2 storyline the city factions are just puppets for the FA :rolleyes:

LOST
13-05-05, 17:41
fingers in many pies !!!

not sure the research guys have gotten through more than 1 or 2 ceres discs. be assured though whenever they come across hovertanks, if they are much more useful than a rhino, we shall be roaming the wastes in an impressive display of inginuity.

FA "for teh win" as they say.

also...maybe one day...theres plenty to be patched in let alone developed.
edit: had to vote droms, i have my sound off. with a gf2 mx and 8-30fps you need every little millionth of a second of processor time.

hegemonic
13-05-05, 17:43
Personally I don't care WHAT sound they make as long as it is a sound unique to each vehicle so I know which way to run. :)

imper1um
13-05-05, 17:47
KK is attempting to go T for Teen in ESRB for the American Release, but they would have to:

- Remove all blood
- Introduce a cursing filter, which could be turned off, but on by default
- Remove Pussy Club, Club Veronique, and Twister Club.
- Change the name of Boobs and Guns to something else, and add clothes to them.
- Remove all nudity on all signs

But that would be stupid, it's what has made this game.

The thing that I next want them to do is friggon upload the GM Server Version to the Main Server Version. I still don't know why they don't do it, it crashes like nevar.

Toxen
13-05-05, 18:01
Doubt the GM server is any different than the main servers except in hardware setup and server load

[TgR]KILLER
13-05-05, 18:44
Yep, I really hate driving my reveller now....

gave my reveller out to loan to some other people so they could level their lowbie driver / tanks lol. i really hate the new sound :/