PDA

View Full Version : Revival ?

Original monk
13-05-05, 12:11
lotta stealthing nonPA lowtechPE's lately hé ..

i have one last slot left, i also want a PE, shouldnt take that long to make one :)

netster
13-05-05, 12:25
actually yes, alot of stealthing pe's arround....
most time pistol(judge most time)-/rifle(pe+termi)-pe's, didnt saw a stealthing melee pe so far.

Tankz0r
13-05-05, 12:26
great stealth Pes making a return.

just what i always wanted :rolleyes:

Original monk
13-05-05, 12:33
i had my eye on a stealthing paineaser PE, no PA :) .. i dunno nothing about PE's and how to set em up tough, think i strumble true some posts here on the forum :)

there fast as lightning, extremely strong, they can db, heal like crazy (is that tl10 heal any good with PE's ? i should try) and stealth when needed, this makes me consider making a pe again, must be fun !

:angel:

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 13:07
I fought a few pain easer pe's lately.
They are tough as hell now. I think some of them put in more resistor chips, and when you see em not runcast their heal, you can expect the fight to last a LOT longer than expected. (tl10 heal).
As a soloclass they are rather tough to fight.

Fafhrd
13-05-05, 13:19
... and when you see em not runcast their heal, you can expect the fight to last a LOT longer than expected. (tl10 heal).
As a soloclass they are rather tough to fight.

What dmg and freq do pe get with the tl 10 heal? Is it worth getting one?

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 13:20
My hacking HC pe with tl84 cannon wpl gets 32/min and 500% on a 4 slot.
I'm sure without hack and an ultimated 5 slot you could cap one.

Fafhrd
13-05-05, 13:24
My hacking HC pe with tl84 cannon wpl gets 32/min and 500% on a 4 slot.
I'm sure without hack and an ultimated 5 slot you could cap one.

I'm not lomming my hack - are those figures using the gaya-glove?

Jesterthegreat
13-05-05, 13:29
heh...

average joe uses a judge... but he can use a wyatt when his aim works :p

many a person dropped to his no drug, wyatt setup. it's entirely possible to be lowtech... even without stealth

Siygess
13-05-05, 13:34
Heh, speaking as a long time Rifle PE (same char since beta), I can say that Stealth may not be "teh win" but it certainly was a fun tool to have. Now that PE's can at least use the noob stealth, that fun is back, to a certain extent. You just have to remember that it's not a hacktool in your QB but actually a stealth tool..

Might have saved me from getting owned by a VENOM Apu last night if I had remembed that :D

Jesterthegreat
13-05-05, 13:35
Heh, speaking as a long time Rifle PE (same char since beta), I can say that Stealth may not be "teh win" but it certainly was a fun tool to have. Now that PE's can at least use the noob stealth, that fun is back, to a certain extent. You just have to remember that it's not a hacktool in your QB but actually a stealth tool..

Might have saved me from getting owned by a VENOM Apu last night if I had remembed that :D

heh... i don't think i have used my tool in combat yet... but i do use it running around when i cba to drug / prime / sd

Siygess
13-05-05, 13:37
Very true.. it's a great tool for travelling when you can't be bothered with all that preperation rubbish :)

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 13:50
Depends what you mean by 'viable'.

Melee spies are viable to a point.

Jesterthegreat
13-05-05, 13:52
there are few people i lost to more than i beat with a low tech pe without stealth...

i would say its viable.

in fact, using my HT setup, ill duel with a wyatt if people want me to ;)

and i know theres better pe's out there than me, and they could do much better than i did

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 14:20
Viable is often used here in a slightly different way to it's meaning (imo). It's like 'equal', saying one setup is more equal than another, which is a bit daft. They are all viable, they just aren't all as powerful/effective.

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 14:23
Some people can make unviable characters viable.
It all depends on your playing style realy.

But no setup beats my viable roleplaying organ donor pe :-)

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 14:27
Some people can make unviable characters viable.
It all depends on your playing style realy.

All depends on how you view things, if an 'unviable' char is made viable, then it's not unviable in the first place.

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 14:34
The viability of unviable characters sometimes gets changed via viabilityenhancing measures or via patches.
Then some characters are generaly perceived as unviable by the average player, while other players can play these unviable characters to a higher degree of viability, hence in fact creating a viable character, which at the same time remains unb-viable for others. This is the duality of viability.

Hehehehehe.

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 14:40
Irrelevant, a patch alters any char's viability, not a player. Percieved viability is not a mark of how viable something is.

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 15:37
Interesting point indeed DJ, however i feel i must point out that not all players are affected the same way by the evolving changes in their character's viability. Some even thrive on the increasing unviability of their fellows. So in a relative point of view, a "nerf" can mean an increased viability to a certain runner, because he in effect takes advantage of his unviability adn subsequent enemy's underestimation.

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 15:58
Aside from the fact you are being over complicated simply for the sake of being over complicated, again any world changes brought about that affect a char's viability is what determines said viability.

Bugs Gunny
13-05-05, 16:04
I give up.... *headache* :D

xenocide
13-05-05, 19:52
My (still uncapped) H-C PE killed a hybrid yesterday - and I can't say that stealth didn't save me more than once ^^.

Modern - My PE - Pwns. Ill be ready to duel in 1 con level and 8 dex levels - anyone who would like to take me on, and Bugs, I wouldn't mind dueling your H-C PE ^^.