PDA

View Full Version : PPU resists - while unshielded

Nullvoid
12-05-05, 15:55
Hey guys, just a general question really. Speaking purely in terms of ppu resists, will I see any noticeable difference between 125 or 150 or 200? Those values are with armour and subskills and bones etc all counted. I realise that while sheltered and deflectored there is probably no great difference but I had it in mind to design my monk to take punishment during those periods when debuffed. Will the necessarily lower hp be worth the effort or? I guess maybe this is a not talked about subject as people want to keep their uber setups to themselves...

Bugs Gunny
12-05-05, 16:00
There's no such thing as a secret setup anymore.

125 is a good number.
150 is an expensive number
200 ... well, that's saying you got open holes in your defence somewhere :-)

mulle
12-05-05, 16:38
As a PPU I'd assume it would be a good idea to have high resists and low hps since you'll have a holy heal running at all times (unless you get nib healed hehe). That being said I've never played a PPU, so bleh :angel:

sultana
13-05-05, 12:23
Your always going to take damage when your unbuffed. And alot of it. The only way to get around that is to have both a pp and moveon in, but that gimps your psi quite abit and you'll still take abit of damage.

Nullvoid
13-05-05, 13:41
Well cheers for the replies guys. So the consensus is: Focus on recasting your spells fast(and capping them) as opposed to uber resists cus you'll take bucketloads of damage while unbuffed no matter how well setup?

LOST
13-05-05, 14:35
theres also an increasing amount of nib buffing going on (by monks :wtf: -hybs or ppu).

you need enough health to be able to survive said tl3 or tl25 but enough resists to actually not fall over when targeted by a couple of enemies.

like most, i imagine, i have psi imps and the best con setup (give or take a few points) that you can have so that i can cap the important spells and get a decent cast speed too. -just wish i had the fps to go with it.

edit: btw, fps does make a huge difference to playing a ppu. dont bother going to a fight where you know you will get 8fps. by the time your buffs have dissapeared off your screen they would have already worn off for everyone else = fast death. it is true, and makes you look like the worst ppu ever.

Dribble Joy
13-05-05, 17:37
Even with PPUs, hp/resist balance is importance.
Dunno where it is atm, but I have a pretty good PPU setup around somewhere....

eprodigy
14-05-05, 04:58
ppus need setups now ? :p

E. Cryton
14-05-05, 17:09
dude, yesterday we killed a high lvl ppu with lib and termi, so yes, they need a setup.

Vae Victis
01-09-05, 18:12
CON wise;
no end, no energy.
cant remember exact numbers for hlt but my health was 416 with haz/melee.
50 atl.
u figure out the rest, as I made it with Gerald Tarrant, and im sure he doesnt want me giving it out to everyone.
only me, him, and some1 else knows