PDA

View Full Version : What is rare

Crest
12-05-05, 11:33
In NC1 for a long period of time, Filter Heart 2 was rare as hell....

Now days you can buy them. With MC5 drone shopping, MC5 chips are not that rare, and that 'Rare Belt of ..........' is not dropable so it does not count.

Cross bows would be on the top of the list, mainly cause its is possible to get, when the mission works.

What do you think is the most rare items in game

Vae Victis
12-05-05, 12:35
mendicant rifle :)

Original monk
12-05-05, 12:43
ok here we go

NC1: HAB (or parts), DEV (or parts), Pestilance (or parts), ARS (dex 115, +200 xray, -5 int -50 hack), psicore/marine etc -parts, exp reflexbooster4 parts, filterheart2parts, smart cybereye4parts, larentmods, crescent tabs, tigerblood, exp mindcontrol3

current: ultima's, mc5 (tough dronerexploiters fucked it up totally), wisdom of ceres disks

ill update when i think of more :)

edit: PLEASE kk, can you please please give us another cave to hunt wocdisks, them doytunnels for example are fun to hunt in, lotsa mobs, few diffrent ones, nice loots (few parts, few illegals) with once in a while an ultima ... but these ravager Yreplicantcaves are soo ... booring lol .. xp still isnt all that ... 6k a bot is ok but still doesnt make it superduper and they always drop 1 bag of recyclestuff :( ... can you add another (bit more varied) cave please so we can go search for wocs before all wocitems are ingame ? common i didnt even mention NPCplayershops :) but somekind of cave would be cool allready :)

aquacoder
12-05-05, 13:17
I think DS Parts are rare.. even months of daily hunting sessions in MC5 do not guarantee one whole DS .. in my case at least.

Dribble Joy
12-05-05, 13:23
Larent barrels.

Jesterthegreat
12-05-05, 13:41
i'd say ARS's... not many people bothered to xfer them.

sure there are things like cyber eye 4 parts... but if its pointless to have why mention it? :p

sure a few people have tigers blood... and expect to sell them for millions... but they are useless.

an ARS in the hands of a well setup PE can do wonders ;)

RogerRamjet
12-05-05, 13:42
Personally i think all rares should be put back into the rare pool and filter heart 2s made drop only. I mean ultimas are almost impossible to get, and the exp reflex 4, well i dont even know if anywhere sells them.

They should infact make ultimas BPable again :p

Original monk
12-05-05, 14:34
i'd say ARS's... not many people bothered to xfer them.

sure there are things like cyber eye 4 parts... but if its pointless to have why mention it? :p

sure a few people have tigers blood... and expect to sell them for millions... but they are useless.

an ARS in the hands of a well setup PE can do wonders ;)

for collectors (like me :D ) these useless parts have value yes, i grown attached to em over the years because they where always there, if ya need rares, these are REALLY rares because they got removed somewhere in the first year maybe 1,5 year of neocron and there yust extremely hard to find but still exist :)

tigerblood and crescent tabs are cool and worth alot alot yeah :) i remember in NC1 my mate bought every tigerblood on the whole server (saturn) going up to 10mill a pop ... i doubt anyone else had em so i gave em my last 10 also .. then they where EXTREMELY rare, tough with going 2 neocron 2 and the servers being merged thats over now :)

also very rare where CPR's ... but they wiped em :( :( :(

the ARS's didnt get wiped: luckely http://users.pandora.be/original/smile.jpg

if i was a PE i wouldnt use it tough, imagine you drop it 8|

CMaster
12-05-05, 14:40
Soulblades are fairly rare too, although they have no reason to be.
Exp mind 3 has been sold briefly in NC2 btw. WoC disks are in high demand now, and low supply (and as said, its a goddamn boring hunt).
Crossbows are becoming steadily less rare.

sultana
12-05-05, 14:41
Not so much the crossbow, more like someone using a crossbow.

WoC have become pretty rare as you said. Ultimas and the like.

Are there still > 5 slot weapons around?

I know skuld has an ARS on his pe if he ever bothers transfering :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
12-05-05, 15:15
I got an anti rad suit in a cab somewhere :D

Comie
12-05-05, 16:18
compassion

sportsmanship

uber rare

Original monk
12-05-05, 16:31
compassion

sportsmanship

uber rare

compassion is good its rare, its a cruel hard postapocalyptic world, tough sportmanship i wouldnt mind they implemented it .. for 1 nc credit in crytons orso ... cause i only seen a few yet over time :/

dunno if theres still >5 slotters tough .. i know dangerklaus posted a 6 slotter, dunno if it was a NC2 screen tough

i love my soulblade taken from NC1 .. i use it regularly to PK .. i love it !!! not the damage but the looks :P same as with the baseballbat ... gotta love bricks and bats upside youre head :)

i have a spare laserblade ultima and wanted to put it in a 4 slot DG yust for show ... but im keeping it to check if they fit on soulblades in NC2 ... 100% sure in NC1 a laserblade-ultima did NOT fit on a soulblade ... while it would fit perfectly on it ! :) i did a few appartitions allready but they didnt even drop once o.O while im sure they drop lol

Mr Kot
12-05-05, 16:54
sportsmanship

uber rare

True.

WoC disks are like unicorn shit atm. Been hacking a crapload of the mobs that drop 'em since the start of NC2 (launchers and the cyborgs) and got diddly squat. Every hunting trip there is the same. I even suspected they didn't exist yet until i saw a screenie of Sirrah's inventory showing one.

And yes, i know to hack the "prototype" ones in the second level.

As for the anti rad suit, i have an artifact one in my apartment that one of my "mules" brought over from NC1. I've no intention of parting with it, so don't ask :p It's the nearest thing a PE is gonna get to a holovest. Nice resists too.

RogerRamjet
12-05-05, 17:15
I got a WoC disk at the beginning of NC2, havent seen another since then.

E. Cryton
12-05-05, 17:20
fights without ppus.

Tostino
12-05-05, 17:36
I have a ARS that I hacked the first week of NC2 at DRT :D.

zii
12-05-05, 17:39
I have a Tiger Blood. Make me an offer? ...

Heavyporker
12-05-05, 17:43
Roleplay is pretty rare to see outside a few established players.

SirRah
12-05-05, 17:48
Hmm would have to agree with comie there.

But other then that i'd say WoC disks. They still drop but only one every 10th run or so.

LOST
12-05-05, 17:55
hey, im compassionate :p

been killed so many times getting shot in the back because i havent immediately 'ganked' someone its unreal.

not sure woc discs can count as rare as quite a few folk have woc levels already or are hunting discs.

only a few lousy datadiscs out there.

Dribble Joy
12-05-05, 18:01
I like the way this has turned into an ego match...

Crest
12-05-05, 18:31
I like the way this has turned into an ego match...
Now thats rare ? :)

Runners will one day be rare

Mr Kot
12-05-05, 19:01
WoC disks. They still drop but only one every 10th run or so.

One every 10th run?? 8| Dammit, just one run takes me most of the evening.

Times like this i wish i were unemployed :( After all, NC > work

Jesterthegreat
12-05-05, 19:52
I have a Tiger Blood. Make me an offer? ...

5k, and you cover my gr fee... its a useless waste of free load :p

Infinite
12-05-05, 20:45
WOC disks shouldn't get more common though.

Need more stupidly useless rareshit. diildos were the win.

Mr Kot
13-05-05, 01:25

Better still, make them placeable as furniture. Just imagine that for your mantlepiece. :D

sultana
13-05-05, 12:09
WOC disks shouldn't get more common though.

That depends, to do the runs at even a slow pace, you need at least 3 people, tank, apu and ppu. Hell, we were doing a run with 3 tanks, 2 apus and a ppu and it still took us around half an hour. Now let's get our little team of 6 people... that's 60 runs we'd need to do to get just our first WoC level.

Seeing as WoC 2 needs 2 disks (iirc), 3 needs 3 etc. That's 15 disks per person, 900 run's to get us all to WoC 5. 450 odd hours.

But well, that's not the thing I'm really on about. It's the fact that the xp down there is basically utter shit. I've noticed the xp's turn to shit around some other places aswell.

Vae Victis
13-05-05, 13:55
That depends, to do the runs at even a slow pace, you need at least 3 people, tank, apu and ppu. Hell, we were doing a run with 3 tanks, 2 apus and a ppu and it still took us around half an hour. Now let's get our little team of 6 people... that's 60 runs we'd need to do to get just our first WoC level.

Seeing as WoC 2 needs 2 disks (iirc), 3 needs 3 etc. That's 15 disks per person, 900 run's to get us all to WoC 5. 450 odd hours.

But well, that's not the thing I'm really on about. It's the fact that the xp down there is basically utter shit. I've noticed the xp's turn to shit around some other places aswell.
thats maybe coz u got a rank of 91/xx
lower it to 75ish and it'll be twice as better

Toxen
13-05-05, 15:14
According to the stuff on record you only need the woc disk once and the 2m once to unlock your first woc level no more disks than that.

Tostino
13-05-05, 15:30
According to the stuff on record you only need the woc disk once and the 2m once to unlock your first woc level no more disks than that.
No. When you want to get WoC 2 you will need 2 more disks and 2 more mill, and for WoC 3 you will need 3 more disks and 2 more mill.

Toxen
13-05-05, 15:50
Expensive, Seriously they need a drive in WoC cave perhaps a underground hoverbot factory actually that would tie in nicely with ceres and would be ideal for a vechial wouldn't it.

sultana
13-05-05, 16:08
thats maybe coz u got a rank of 91/xx
lower it to 75ish and it'll be twice as better
Pfft, I was just in the doy tunnels and I got like 5 times the xp in there.

Freaky Fryd
13-05-05, 17:37
NC1: HAB (or parts), DEV (or parts), Pestilance (or parts), ARS (dex 115, +200 xray, -5 int -50 hack), psicore/marine etc -parts, exp reflexbooster4 parts, filterheart2parts, smart cybereye4parts, larentmods, crescent tabs, tigerblood

I have most of those (not the Dev, ARS & larent) and more...
Don't forget about the glove rare parts too!
:D

I really wish KK would leave items like the Dildo of Maven in...
It gives that much more incentive for some old-timers to want to stay, and it's high-level content for those that like to collect.
(having a large collection of rare items)