PDA

View Full Version : TG Canyon? IT NEEDS A GEN REP

honour
11-05-05, 18:38
Anyone agree?

when i first saw the duel arena i thought sweet this is where fight night will be then !

i reckon the canyon would be busy if we had a public gr there though.

prob a good pvp area/good lvling area if the cave is still like it used to be plus cracking for fight night.

what u reckon?

Street
11-05-05, 18:49
good idea geez, we need to bring back places like tg to lvl - more lvling places, im not pro city but there are limited places where a pro city runner without le can get a team so yeah

Inntal
11-05-05, 19:04
I really do like the idea of having an public genrep there. I got exactely the same thoughts as street when I first saw the place... my opinion changed when I recognised that there is no public genrep.

msdong
11-05-05, 19:59
the GR there is only 100k credits away ....

no need for a free

Netphreak
11-05-05, 20:50
The public GR should be very near to the duel arena.
With no guards between it and the Arena. So in theory you could have pro-city people dueling there too!

Xylaz
11-05-05, 20:56
The public GR should be very near to the duel arena.
With no guards between it and the Arena. So in theory you could have pro-city people dueling there too!

yeah it could work i guess, no harm in that

Netphreak
11-05-05, 21:43
yeah it could work i guess, no harm in that

Well its much better than the cage at Jeriko Fortress.
And its a nightmare to PvP in the battledome when in 3rd person.

NiMBle
11-05-05, 21:59
I say put the old NC1 GR Back, add some CA Guards, make up some storyline shit that CityAdmin have moved in on TG's old spot and claimed it for themselves. NC1 TG Canyon was great, by far the best place in Neocron.

MB has turned into a Zonewhorers heaven, so now there isnt really anywhere to go and PK, apart from CRP which is always FULL of people and PPU's always spoil the fights.

Put GR in Canyon : Aye.

:HEAT:

[TgR]KILLER
11-05-05, 22:05
the GR there is only 100k credits away ....

no need for a free

no thanks i rather pay 100k to get a free gr there. i hate having so much appartments and crap to my name i never use. aint gonna buy an appartment just to gr.

zii
12-05-05, 01:06
Frankly, I think that the Canyon looks a bit of a mess. Cluttered and badly designed. The other faction guards do not lend a helping hand to the already diminished atmosphere.

The Canyon was TG's, and I was happy with it either being TG or the BBQ alley it was earlier.

I don't think that there should be GR there. Use Grant: Of course you can't if you're pro-city, so you have no business being there anyway.

As for CM, they've put a CM guard on the zoneline. Damn. No more fights on the line without a Gat cannon up your arse :(

Z.

PS- Anyone want to buy an unfurnished TG apartment on the side next to the guns/ammo traders. Selling only to anti-city peeps.

Dribble Joy
12-05-05, 01:33
Why is there a CM guard at the canyon?

BradSTL
12-05-05, 06:24
I imagine that without a public genrep, I probably won't use Old Canyon more than about two or three times a year. As it stands, unless you want to make it your primary apartment, there is no way in there that doesn't involve passing a couple of grims and a couple of dozen other fire mobs level 70 to 90. And for what? The same shops I have at the City Center mall, minus a pawnshop.

If I were a vehicle driver or gunner and if I were doing all of my leveling off of fire mobs in the canyons, then I guess there would be some use to it, for all that it would suck that I'd still have to genrep elsewhere to sell any loot. And if I were a TG old-timer, I'd still want it back for the same reason I'm pissed off that (as a Tsunami) I can't make my PP3 apartment my primary apartment, and can't have my clan apartment in PP3, namely sentimental reasons.

But for me, Old Canyon is as useless as the paps on a boar hog. Ronald Rodriguez spent, what, a couple of hours? today trying to gin up a crowd for a role playing event in Old Canyon. At peak usage, I think maybe five people showed up. And what everybody I heard who said basically "fuck you" (if not quite in so many words) was saying was that it was just too damned inconvenient to spend all that time to travel there and for no perceptible benefit.

I don't care very much if they put a public genrep in there or not. But if they don't, I won't be there very much, and other than vehicle drivers and gunners, I imagine neither will anybody else.

eprodigy
12-05-05, 07:45
it should have a public GR in the new HQ.. also im not sure the reasoning why the main entrance was closed ?

what it really SHOULD be is an outpost.. the canyon as an outpost would rock some of best fights in nc1near/in the TG canyon. but as KK must do, instead of adding something of value to the game they add yet another (pretty much) ROLEPLAY zone that will never be entered.

imper1um
12-05-05, 08:02
I actually think it should have two GRs: One inside the HQ, one next or relatively close to the Duel arena. I'd <3 seeing Pros there to duel with.

Jesterthegreat
12-05-05, 08:33
Why is there a CM guard at the canyon?

exactly what i was thinking...

mulle
12-05-05, 09:14
I think he meant the zone at MB...

RogerRamjet
12-05-05, 09:59
Personally i thought that the TG HQ should have been turned into a place where people could meet and go lvl in either the canyon against the fire mobs or go out into the caves. They should have put a GR inside and added a bar (for a frisk) and ammo/psi stuff vendors, meaning people could lvl there alot. This would probably need the canyon to be turned into a hunting zone like.

Toxen
12-05-05, 16:13
Read my lips "no feckin way" Lets list the reasons
TG canyon is as all the other secret faction HQ's they have no GR's nor should the canyon, and if you say well they should have GR's too well you should then go as far as saying lets make the old faction HQ's in PP as they were, do that majority of doy population will move out to PP purely for ganking of the city types. Plus on top of that you think a public GR's going to be easy for procities hello Tunnel full of guards !?!?!, I swear half of the people wanting a public GR in the canyon are gankers that used to hang around the MB GR prior to it been a safe zone. On top of that the appartments I don't really think there ment to be their either, I think it was just an effect of TG Canyon been worked back into a story line at a late stage when people had alreadybought apts there I presume It would have been quiet difficult to mass relocate everyone. Anti-City just count yourselfs lucky that you got the canyon back you never know next month reza might be sending a force to wipe you all out and secure the canyon. :)

Superbron
12-05-05, 16:24
I would like a public genrep in The Canyon. But I would also like to see The Canyon become the home of the Anarchy Breed...

zii
12-05-05, 17:43
I think he meant the zone at MB...
Yes, at MB, not the canyon. Went a bit off topic.

zii
12-05-05, 17:48
Canyon should be TGs. However, I like the idea that it could be a good OP, but if so them it should be/remain an Anachy zone. As an OP it would be very different because it has apartments and a decent shooping infrastructure.

[Personally, I think that we should have all zones being anachy zones, period.]

Toxen
12-05-05, 19:49

G'Luck finding a trader under that enviroment.
Anyway we're moving off topic why TG Canyon shouldn't have a GR

Jesterthegreat
12-05-05, 19:54

G'Luck finding a trader under that enviroment.
Anyway we're moving off topic why TG Canyon shouldn't have a GR[/QUOTE]

someone needs to educate people what an LE is i think...

zii
12-05-05, 20:43
someone needs to educate people what an LE is i think...

Agreed.

Awky
12-05-05, 21:17
REDO THE ENTRANCE, ITS CRAP ATM!!!!!
Opening it would be nice but ffs atleast dont block it with wood... FFS i got a whatever century hightech weapon and i cant get past rotten wood... Make the entrance properly blocked.

Oh and add a gr atleast in the HQ

thx

awk

Toxen
12-05-05, 22:27
Cmon people you havent answered the question, Its a Secret Faction HQ why should it have a GR when the others don't

Superbron
12-05-05, 22:29
Cmon people you havent answered the question, Its a Secret Faction HQ why should it have a GR when the others don't
Hm Secret Faction HQ of TG in the Canyon. :wtf: Not really that secret I guess..

Toxen
12-05-05, 22:39
As far as im concerned when the main entrance got blocked up and some tunnel entrance was put in place in the middle of no where it became the TG secret HQ

xenocide
12-05-05, 22:42
TG canyon does need a genrep.

In my opinion all of the TG (Doy) gaurds should be takin out and the dueling arena - the whole area, should be available for pvp between both factions.

More areas where you can just go and fight - like Pepper Park 1 in NC1.

Toxen
12-05-05, 22:47
Actually yea that sounds ok pull all the guards from the canyon, leave the shops and put in bunkers for both CA and CM so it can be kinda concenter/meeting place for peace talks as well as a dueling area sorta non safezone tech haven.

Scanner Darkly
12-05-05, 22:50
Might make it a little more lively, still there sure are a LOT of TG guards around, and this time they got serious hardware...

Netphreak
12-05-05, 23:46
I miss their old fusion rifles damn they hurt! And there was no running away after it had hit as your legs were well and truely broken...

eprodigy
13-05-05, 07:32
why TG Canyon shouldn't have a GR

People are simply trying to keep the place from becoming just another never visited location. I'm not sure how secret the other hqs are but the TG canyon isnt exactly a secret... (the NEMA provided worldmap still says TG on it ;)).

Awky
13-05-05, 14:04
The other secret HQs aint got apts... question answered?

Toxen
13-05-05, 14:22
Already explained away why appartments may be still active if no one had been able to buy them since the start of nc2 till now doubt there would be apts there.

Awky
13-05-05, 14:27
Already explained away why appartments may be still active if no one had been able to buy them since the start of nc2 till now doubt there would be apts there.

tg fsm sells em :rolleyes:

Toxen
13-05-05, 14:35
Exactly what I said, Meaning that if the apts handn't been for sale prior to the canyon conversion back to TG country, they wouldn't be availible from outlets anywhere including TG Fsm, and would have been made inactive if people weren't already living in them.

Gulinborsti
13-05-05, 15:06
IMO TG Canyon should be what Military Base is for the Mercs:

Move the HQ from DoY to TG Canyon
Make it a safe zone (if it isn't already, only visited once and can't remember)
Put a GR in it

[WishMode=ON]
And if we are already into this, remove the now unused former TG sector from DoY, together with some or all of the abandoned sectors to make DoY more comforting and smaller.
[WishMode=OFF]

But personaly I don't need a public GR in the canyon...

zii
13-05-05, 21:09

Smuggler in canyon has always sold them since the start of NC2.

zii
13-05-05, 21:11
Exactly what I said, Meaning that if the apts handn't been for sale prior to the canyon conversion back to TG country, they wouldn't be availible from outlets anywhere including TG Fsm, and would have been made inactive if people weren't already living in them.

The apts have been for sale since the start of NC2. Smuggler in canyon is where I bought mine and its been my primary apt since Febuary 2005.

Toxen
13-05-05, 21:39
I said IF try reading the post before you critisise it.

rabidfurball
13-05-05, 21:44
This would be a good time to point out that there are two "public" genreps and gogos in the canyon. A while ago I ran a procity fundraiser to raise money for the purchase of an appartment anyone can get into and use the gogo or genrep out of. You can't rep in, but you can rep out.

There are now two of these appts, they both have the password: 'pubgogo'. I don't know which ones they are but they shouldn't be too hard to find, theres only 6 of them.

zii
13-05-05, 22:30
I said IF try reading the post before you critisise it.

There is a differnce between a critism and an statement, and mine was an statement.

Redburn
14-05-05, 03:34

I had bought one a few patchs back from the smuggler in the old TG canyon, but it seems that the key I had is gone and the apartment is no longer listed in my apartments owned list. But if I go to the lift in TG canyon and use the password I can get to the apartment door but it won't open just like it belonged to someone else.

zii
14-05-05, 17:01
I had bought one a few patchs back from the smuggler in the old TG canyon, but it seems that the key I had is gone and the apartment is no longer listed in my apartments owned list. But if I go to the lift in TG canyon and use the password I can get to the apartment door but it won't open just like it belonged to someone else.

All my canyon apartments work for my char and I can get in. I have a couple of apartments there and have experienced no access problems.