PDA

View Full Version : Storyline Discussion, [Not RP] May Contain Speculative Spoilers

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:13
Warning May Contain Speculative Spoilers!

Well its that time again, looks like the storylines going to be kicking into full swing with the int release and people are gonna wonder whats gonna be happen so this post is just to kick start discussion for people to toss idea's into the mix heck you never know it might even influence event GM's in how they play things out soo my contribution to this little post.

If you read back through the history of NC the first of mention of reza is as an ex-secret service member that sets up a terrorist group (TG?) to overthrow the psi monks that were in control of neocron at the time. That was in 2722, now in game it is 2783 assuming Reza was at least 20 when the events of 2722 took place he is now just Over 80 years of age, as many people know due to the radiation in the current enviroment a long lifespan is an extraordinary thing. With what appears to the assasination of his only successor and no new successor named, it makes me wonder about the horrendus power vaccum that will be created when we loose our Glorious Reza. Someone is bound to grab for power and as a Resident of the city I can only fear who it will be that rises to power.

Also as many citizens of DoY, TH and NC are aware there are reports that Hagen Yager is currently suffering from an incurable disease and some say only has 2 years too live, We are on the verge of loosing two of the strongest characters in the storyline, and with the progressing madness induced by yagers illness I am concerned that he will throw all into one final insane attempt to claim neocron for his own. Could we see a new year with the City under TG rule, or could a mad dash for control of NC lead to only slaughter and blood shed of Yagers allies.

(Think that turned a little too RP)

Meanwhile some of you have probably noticed that over by regants legacy there has been some unusual goings on ie lil bastard been spawned and droping something unusual to say the least wether this storyline related I do not know but there have been rumours that regants is part of the coming storyline. The current state of play is faintly familar of the fall of the Regant himself and the murder of his succesor before the psi monks rose to power. The Legacy of Regant is obvious every were from the Gen Tanks that are our soliders and body guards to the giant war-machines that roam the wastelands.

Guilt
11-05-05, 13:20
errrm ok?

Siygess
11-05-05, 13:21
Well as I recall, Neocron is actually ruled by a council, not by Reza.. though Reza does kinda sit at the head of the council.. so in theory they could manage for a while on their own should the worst happen, but if they did not pick a successor the council might tear itself apart with personal agendas.

Of course, the Dome would not suffer the loss of Yager so much - after all, they are not organised enough as a group to rely upon one leader, but without him to unite the factions, it's possible that old rivalries could re-emerge. My money would be on FA taking over the operation of the Dome.

Personally, I think it's time to move to the Military Base and go Merc! :D

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:28
In the history file it states 2725 that reza becomes the new dictator of neocron.

Where as there is well known council system amongst the factions of the city and a similar one in doy that has both an alliance leader and hagen yager influncing the leader of the alliance via some intermediatries. So politically I think DoY will be more stable in the event of the loss of hagen yager.

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:32
who says reeza is still alive?

seen "equalibrium"? Father died years before, but byy covering it up people are non the wiser and continue on as normal

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:38
True when was the last time he was seen in public we only seem to hear from his two right hands these days.

CMaster
11-05-05, 13:39
Indeed - we only ever see people like Henry Dorsett and Jack Red representing teh city. (although I did recentley rescue reza's mistress don't ask, I'm not allowed to say).

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:40
Rofl cmaster you and your stories to explain away having a mutie prossie in the back of your rhino.

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:41
Rofl cmaster you and your stories to explain away having a mutie prossie in the back of your rhino.

you dont wanna know what we keep in our venom rhinos...

Dribble Joy
11-05-05, 13:47
Reeza did give a press conference during the DoY war, before it was destroyed. Though it could have been faked.

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:49
Reeza did give a press conference during the DoY war, before it was destroyed. Though it could have been faked.

did any of us see it? or did the media relations just tell us it happened? :p

Siygess
11-05-05, 13:50
Maybe Reza is just a head in a jar, like in Futurama ;)

EDIT:

Toxen, "Dictator" is just a point of view. For example, the CA Factoin Intro says:

Of course President Reza, contrary to what dissidents and political agitators try to propagate, is not a despotic, power-hungry autocrat who holds the city in an iron grip. In fact, the benevolent leader of Neocron is a wise and learned man, who merely is head of the city council, which holds the true power in the city. Suspicions that the only reason for this council not being formed in free elections is because its current members are supposedly Reza's puppets, are of course totally unfounded and do not contain even the slightest trace of truth.

So any patriotic resident of NC is going to say yes, there is a council and things are run fairly, while those who reside in the Dome are of course going to say he's a dictator. Besides, anyone who is really faithful to the city won't care either way. Indeed, my own character's opinion of the matter is much like Anakin's opinion on Dictatorship.

Hey, if it works, who cares! :D

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:51
Maybe Reza is just a head in a jar, like in Futurama ;)

lets face it...

ex-terrorist takes control of the city.

how long will people trust him?

especially with gr technology technically making cloning possible, and CA having access to PP and BT's expertise...

Siygess
11-05-05, 13:56
Hot damn! That must be the NCPD's secret then - they're all clones!

I wonder if Reza has a mini-me?

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:59
Wouldn't suprise me if Reza's gr data got deleted even rezza's successor was vunerable to that on some mysterious errand to pp did we ever get any more info on what he was doing in pp your more likely to bump into an errant doy runner than someone that would be allied with the succesor of reza.

Bugs Gunny
11-05-05, 16:41
Seems like KK is pushing the storyline very much in favor of one side. Tough times ahead for the city.

Original monk
11-05-05, 17:04
Indeed - we only ever see people like Henry Dorsett and Jack Red representing teh city. (although I did recentley rescue reza's mistress don't ask, I'm not allowed to say).

rescue ? be carefull what you say cmaster ...

why ? plaza 2 .. lil restaurant ... scout drone MR1 ... yeah yeah !!!

you think them riggers are dumb or what ? :)

Comie
11-05-05, 17:07
Seems like KK is pushing the storyline very much in favor of one side. Tough times ahead for the city.
lol Bugs what do yu mean ahead? theyve always been against the city (ala events, Copbot assault on the canyons, the convoy, the raid to get some data...infact all of them) and according to the offical storyline the City are mear puppets played like fools by the FA... oh how clever they are :rolleyes:
i think toxen's shaftometer needs to go 10 more dashes to the left.

i will prolly try one more event, and if its "lets shaft the citytastic" i'll be discouraging everyother city side runner from bothering to attend these dire farces.