PDA

View Full Version : The idocy of some

Toxen
11-05-05, 11:57
Sometimes I wonder about some NC players, I just watched a video someone published of an opwar(s).... and this person recording is blatantly using a customised crosshair. At last check those sort of mods and the like were against the rules, (Yes the video is NC2) is there anything more idiotic than leaving around proof that you are breaking the rules?

mulle
11-05-05, 12:02
Sometimes I wonder about some NC players, I just watched a video someone published of an opwar(s).... and this person recording is blatantly using a customised crosshair. At last check those sort of mods and the like were against the rules, (Yes the video is NC2) is there anything more idiotic than leaving around proof that you are breaking the rules?
Almost as idiotic as kk preventing us from using customized crosshairs :D

[TgR]KILLER
11-05-05, 12:33
forbidding huge ass mods etc ok.. but the nc2 crosshair sucks frigging ass its way way to big. takes up half the screen how can you see what your aiming at when sniping when you just have a big round thing in your screen.

always used a custum one in nc1. wish i could use the same now :rolleyes:

Conduit
11-05-05, 12:35
Almost as idiotic as kk preventing us from using customized crosshairs :D

Not really..
If you can change the crosshair then you can change other things that are best left alone.
So I'd have to agree with the thread starter that's it's not really too bright to make a video showing yourself doing it...

Capt. Rik
11-05-05, 12:46
It's the typical actions of a small minority ruins it for the rest of us... When mods were allowed, this was abused and people put some pretty serious exploits in.

In the current state,, I agree with KK, it's better to have a fair game then a better crosshair

Original monk
11-05-05, 13:07
yeah like people posting on the forum about suddenly having 31 milky rens after a patch :rolleyes:

some exploits are SO extremely obvious that i have the feeling there ingame features lol ... still fun killing 30 afk people with firestorms in a labUG ...

about the GFX ... you seen the GFX forums ? they where great .. cool skins/mods and i dunno what all ... also check maarten's NL launcherpro .. these things build up a community ... ffcourse there are atleast as many that like to fuck it over yust so they get a small advance over the rest ...

i think its sumthing from this time ... people dont wonna fight ... dont wonna compete ... they yust want an easy kill ... they wonna win by any means ..

sad

so sad

as an easy example of the current neocronathmosphere go fight in PP3 or CRP on yourself .. some time later there are about 15 people zerging you with atleast 3 ppu's (yes anticity AND procity so no pointing) ... camping wherever ya go .. para/db i dunno what all .. now whats the use in that ? people wonna win ... they dont wonna fight ...

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:17
Aye its like the whole FPS attitude some people have, some people don't realise when your playing through the Storyline aspect of a FPS its about dying returning to your save point and playing again till you get it thats half the enjoyment, where as people that have the attitude like above just turn on cheats and fly right through missing half the storyline aswell as the fun.

Ascension
11-05-05, 13:24

like this?

http://farcryuniverse.com/images/rpos_hack.gif :p

http://farcryuniverse.com/images/nc_1.jpg

Neocron 1 - rpos conversion :p

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:28
i liked the screenie from shadow dancer before he quit showing his apu/hyb doesnt use any psi boosters...

made me giggle ;)

oh and i use the default rpos colours, with added transparency and a red crosshair (default crosshair though... damn rules)

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:34
Rofl you got some balls, how ironic it was another FF in the video

Ascension
11-05-05, 13:35
Rofl you got some balls, how ironic it was another FF in the video
I dont play Neocron anymore, tho my accounts still have time on :D

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:36
I dont play Neocron anymore, tho my accounts still have time on :D

whats the user stats in your sig stats of?

Ascension
11-05-05, 13:37
whats the user stats in your sig stats of?

Freedom Force HQ (http://farcryuniverse.com/sites/freedomforce/index.php) ;) stop by and flame us sometime :p

Toxen
11-05-05, 13:39
Set your flamers to gas mark 4 lads we're going in :P

Jesterthegreat
11-05-05, 13:42
Freedom Force HQ (http://farcryuniverse.com/sites/freedomforce/index.php) ;) stop by and flame us sometime :p

i considered reging there a while back but never got around to it :p

mulle
11-05-05, 15:08
From control.ini:
//crosshair type (1-xx, 0=off) (currently only 0/1 supported)
set gfx_crosshair 1

Seriously, how difficult can it be to add a few of the crosshairs that has been designed by the community and let it be up to the user to specific which one to use, just like the RPOS color scheming works now, just like I think it was intended by reading the control.ini

RogerRamjet
11-05-05, 16:25
I think that custom crosshairs are allowed, however you must email the image to a Dev type bloke to clear them (or something like that).

Vae Victis
11-05-05, 17:02
lol me is in that screenie :x

RoxDatiCe WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

her.
11-05-05, 17:38
lies all lies